• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1004: "Kibi Dango" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Link to the Chapter: Viz, Mangaplus

Chapter Poll: Chapter Poll

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Official One Piece chapter 1004 preview: "A crisis approaches Wano country! At that moment, Luffy and his friends...!?"
EtpKQVdWgAEkXL5

Last edited:
Act 3 could possibly end this chapter since it's been 46 chapters since the start of the act in chapter 958
(There's a theory that 15 is added to the previous act length resulting in the length of the next act; so 16 + 15 = 31 for act 2)

Last edited:
Huh so it looks like we are finally moving away from the roof top fight for a bit, cool.

Its weird I really like the Scabbards but I kinda feel like some should not survive their injuries to show some stakes or something, I feel like there should be soem deaths in an arc like this and to much has gone the Alliance’s way.

Huh so it looks like we are finally moving away from the roof top fight for a bit, cool.

Its weird I really like the Scabbards but I kinda feel like some should not survive their injuries to show some stakes or something, I feel like there should be soem deaths in an arc like this and to much has gone the Alliance’s way.
Agreed. If they really will topple two of the world's main superpowers at the same time, I feel like doing it without any sort of lasting consequences will greatly cheapen and diminish the feat.

I still think that the fight seems hopeless unless Shanks intervenes.

Honestly I think BB popping innor Mama betraying Kaido are both still possibilities.

I do admit atm the Nova’s can’t win and honestly thats how it should be, it should be an immensely hard and near hopeless fight.

Sanji needs to get over his code and just kick Black Maria to the curb (Sadly we know this wont happen since Maria is being called to a different location... smh). If we have another Kalifa situation where Sanji's friends are inconvenienced and injured because he chose not to fight a woman, he'll never be redeemed EVER.
  • When he didn't fight Kalifa, that led to Nami being forced to fight--resulting in injuries. Sanji was also incapacitated for a while due to this, leading into a massive delay before his arrival to fight Jabra--which inconvenienced Zoro and nearly caused Usopp and Nami's deaths. Meanwhile, Robin was being drawn closer to the gate. Imagine if Sanji let himself die by Kalifa (And we all know that would've happened if Kalifa were strong enough)... Usopp and Nami would've been dead, and Jabra could've killed Zoro with Kaku. Had Sanji simply grappled Kalifa and restrained her before taking the key and leaving, he could've prevented all of this. Instead his own promise to Zeff comes before his literal family despite the fact that most of them would abandon their desires to rescue him had the situation been reverse. A shame.

On the flip side, Robin vs a Spider Zoan like Maria would be neat. I suppose that will happen instead since we'll probably see Sanji vs Page again since I have no clue where Page has been since he and Ulti crashed through the wall several chapters ago (he is not mentioned this chapter).

I wonder who is with the Scabbards currently. Until we get a silhouette of some kind, I'll assume either Brook, Robin, or Yamato. Anyone else seems very unlikely.

The moment of truth is coming: Tama's Dango's vs Ulti (and Page if he's there)... Will it work on them, i wonder?

Also, I wonder how Marco's handling King and Queen. I assume Queen will be of small challenge due to his tendency to panic at literally everything, but King might find a way to deal harm to Marco since he was quite calm the last time we saw them.

Eminiteable:

Can you remind me who those characters are please?

If it's Hiyori then I guess she came with ame no hakibiri to kill Orochi herself like she wanted too. Really want that matchup so I'm hoping Orochi is alive somehow.

I don't get why people would like Sanji hitting women when Oda has made it clear that this won't happen ever and would totally ruin his character.
But, well, Robin's gonna take on Black Maria, seems like an interesting fight.
Franky is winning against Sasaki as I expected, strawhats don't have to be understimated, people who still think Sanji is weaker than Page One should hide themselves somewhere, even Nami will find a way to defeat someone of the same caliber of Page One, I am talking about Ulti.
I am still curious to see if Sanji will fight Queen or King or if he will join the fight in the rooftop.
The shadow seems like a woman with an helmet to me.

I don't get why people would like Sanji hitting women when Oda has made it clear that this won't happen ever and would totally ruin his character.
You can draw a line between a random woman and someone trying to literally murder your friends.
But, well, Robin's gonna take on Black Maria, seems like an interesting fight.
Robin slaps, she Hana Hana all her limbs.
Franky is winning against Sasaki as I expected,
Franky's laser scared big mom. Franky is scary.
strawhats don't have to be understimated, people who still think Sanji is weaker than Page One should hide themselves somewhere,
Agreed
even Nami will find a way to defeat someone of the same caliber of Page One, I am talking about Ulti.
See now idk about that.
I am still curious to see if Sanji will fight Queen or King or if he will join the fight in the rooftop.
King. Queen is trash.
The shadow seems like a woman with an helmet to me.
Oda wouldn't shadow someone who we already know about. Seems like Toki, or someone we've seen a long time ago.

He still protects his friends, just in different ways. Also, Black Maria for the moment said she won't kill Robin, Sanji also believes that his nakama can defeat her.
As you, I hope Sanji's opponent will be King, I would like this fight more.
Agreed on both ends.

I genuinely like Sanji and I can respect his code, but come on now. You can at least kick your way out of a room.

Like... he kicked Big Mom for Reiju's sake... he can't kick Black Maria???

Agreed on both ends.

I genuinely like Sanji and I can respect his code, but come on now. You can at least kick your way out of a room.

Like... he kicked Big Mom for Reiju's sake... he can't kick Black Maria???
But Sanji didn't really kick Big Mom herself, all he did was just block Big Mom's attack.

Seeing the silhouette now, I believe it's Hiyori since A) Toki is dead, B) Hiyori is one of two possible characters who are notable with the strand of hair to the side of her face, and C) If it were Robin instead, it seems quite pointless to have her be an "unknown".
  • But then again, it could be Yamato (Assuming a wardrobe change, which is low chance) seeing as how she has massive respect for the Scabbards and would obviously be infuriated in seeing their current conditions... If that's the case, RIP Maria, you're not getting a proper 1v1, but a proper beating instead.
Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Hiyori actually came to Onigashima with the intentions to fight. Considering she is the daughter of a Samurai, you'd expect her to have at least attempt training with the blade. This makes me think Maria might get close to killing her while Hiyori boldly stands her ground to defend the Scabbards just before someone like Robin or Brook (Because Sanji is a literal joke when it comes to stopping women from trying to kill his friends) will step in to save her at the last second.

Last edited:
Hiyori seems more likely which is great as I want to see her do something after 26 years under Kaido. They are closest to Denjiro when they cry and Hiyori is closest to that Scabbard.

If it is Hiyori then I hope Orochi is alive so she can fulfill her wish of killing him (I also can't see Ame no Habakiri not being used to slay Orochi since it's called "Snake-Slayer of Heaven")
Et-fhBrWQAU1Wjn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back