• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1002: "Yonkou VS. New Generation" (Official Release)

As Mitch said, Potential Energy is normally safer. I believe there was going to be a site-wide CRT about cases on where we should use kinetic energy and where we should use potential energy for feats like this, but I'm not sure what the status of it is right now.

Regarding Kaido's lifting of Onigashima, I don't think there's any strong basis to say that is directly linked to his attack potency at the moment.

EDIT: Side note; Lorenzo brings up a point on the calc that Kaido's size next to the hill might be a better method for size scaling.

As Mitch said, Potential Energy is normally safer. I believe there was going to be a site-wide CRT about cases on where we should use kinetic energy and where we should use potential energy for feats like this, but I'm not sure what the status of it is right now.
When are site-wide CRTs allowed?

Well, if both Damage and Ugarik prefer PE, it is likely most reliable to use.

It is too bad though. It would have been a nice upgrade.

The anime isn't canon, we can't do anything using the anime.
I mean Anime can be used for Timeframe's, however since One Piece's Anime tends to drag things out substantially, I'm not sure if it's accurate to use the One Piece Anime specifically

We specifically avoid using the anime because of how poorly the direction and animation is done. Making an exception because something could be animated in a way that could provide substanial upgrades seems disingenuous.

We specifically avoid using the anime because of how poorly the direction and animation is done. Making an exception because something could be animated in a way that could provide substanial upgrades seems disingenuous.
Is this a One Piece specific thing? Because I do know the One Piece Anime drags out a lot of things

I wasn't talking specifically about timeframes when i said we avoid using the anime, nor did i imply no verse uses anime content in calcs, i meant it isn't a OP thing to avoid it (timeframes are the only exception i know so far where the anime is valid tho).

I don't interact with most verses here anyway, so i am talking from a limited point of view.

As far as I am aware, we usually allow anime timeframes to be used as long as the scenes play out the same way.

If you are talking about Zoro's attack, then probably, as it scared Big Mom, and Kaido had to duck to avoid serious damage or death.

So would the Hiryu: Kaen be stronger than the Paradise Totsuka from the Scabbards?
At this point, Zoro would automatically scale > the Scabbards for several reasons (though I think we can only PROVE that he scales above only with Haki... + Enma):
  • He was capable of deflecting one of the wind scythes with his blade, a feat none of the Scabbards displayed, and it was an attack that sliced through Kiku's blade and removed her arm.
  • His attack was threatening enough to shock both Kaido and Big Mom, both believing the attack would be potent enough to wound Kaido if that's the case.
  • Considering the fight is likely to go on longer, we might see that Zoro is capable of withstanding beatings from Big Mom and Kaido (Human Kaido was capable of one-tapping G4 Luffy and the Scabbards as far as we know)
The 2 notable feats mentioned are when using Haki + Enma though, so I would not scale it to Zoro's base AP/Dura.

(If anything "At least 7-A+ normally, High 7-A with Haki and Enma")

@XDragnoir - Likely 1/4th Kaido's Durability considering they are evidently weaker than him, but are capable of causing an injury that bled for several chapters when using a 4-way combined attack. Strange considering we see that the Scabbards each individually could send their blades into Kaido's body a good amount--though I guess this is contradicted by the fact that we don't see any lasting damage on Kaido outside of the aforementioned attack combo.

@XDragnoir - Likely 1/4th Kaido's Durability considering they are evidently weaker than him, but are capable of causing an injury that bled for several chapters when using a 4-way combined attack.
It isn't like Totsuka literally fused their power into one attack, i remember there was a thread last year about multipliers from combined attack and any type of scaling using them and the conclusion is that they aren't valid (i will try to find it), so i disagree.

It isn't like Totsuka literally fused their power into one attack, i remember there was a thread last year about multipliers from combined attack and any type of scaling using them and the conclusion is that they aren't valid (i will try to find it), so i disagree.
It is possible that they all attacked the same spot (where Oden had attacked 20 years ago) - in the same pattern (because they are all using the same attack) so the 1/4th scaling could be valid, but you're right that it shouldn't generally be the case

But if we divide 1.260 gigaton to 4, they would be weaker than pica's feat XD so for now, its useless and doesnt makes any sense for scaling

Back