• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I doubt it will be Goku, thinking it will be Tezcatlipoca
The rival god of quetz right? Because divine spirits can't be grand
Would Sun even qualify as a Grand since he’s a Divine Spirit? I’m not even sure the excuse Quirinis has would apply since Sun was basically already a fallen god by the time he journeyed with Titty Monk
He's not tho. He was living with the gods but it's not like he went through some sort of ritual that made him one. The only way he would be a divine spirit would be him becoming the buddha of victorious fights, but even then there are dozens of way you could justify him qualifying as a grand, namely the fact that, as far as I know, there was no direct indication that buddhas are divine spirits (saver doesn't have the divinity skill btw)

Plus, the leaks matched Orion and quirinus feats in the game and directly named Noah. So with a description like that, plus lb4 events, it's most likely gonna be sun wukong. Or cain idk

He's not tho. He was living with the gods but it's not like he went through some sort of ritual that made him one.
According to Type Moon wiki he's some sort of water god
The only way he would be a divine spirit would be him becoming the buddha of victorious fights, but even then there are dozens of way you could justify him qualifying as a grand, namely the fact that, as far as I know, there was no direct indication that buddhas are divine spirits (saver doesn't have the divinity skill btw)
Really? I thought the whole reason Sanzang has Divinity was because she was destined to become a Buddha

According to Type Moon wiki he's some sort of water god

Really? I thought the whole reason Sanzang has Divinity was because she was destined to become a Buddha

Lord el melloi is... different. The justification is essentially "some people venerate him as a water god (which is false irl but anyway) so he is a water god" so I'm pretty sure something was lost in the translation. Plus there's the fact that wukong is dead here while he's alive and traveling in fgo modern day

Oh yeah, sanzang has it. Weird.

found this funny comic with xuanzang

HSuB0BZVgsy89FRZzBMDezZyVLnIhsUln7fAdVUrtqw.jpg
The 1986 series is probably the best adaption of Journey to the West ever made btw. Not sure which version the one in picture are though.

something something excalibur something

sanzang and nezha specifically are underused, and wukong is most likely in lb7 as the grand berserker so there you go

okay but you heard me. there should be more dialogue between japan and china servants because it makes sense because japan and china are closely related to each other and are neighbors.

i just really want to see nobunaga with dialogue with chinese servants just because she's the coolest of the japanese servants and because she's the one of the most famous of them.

Unless there is an connection or something like that, i doubt we'll see more of Chinese servants dialouge/interaction with Japanese servants

Unless there is an connection or something like that, i doubt we'll see more of Chinese servants dialouge/interaction with Japanese servants

okay then.

though right now i'm just thinking about xuanzang meeting every single servant. (i guess i'm just thinking since she travels a lot maybe you could make a worldwide version of journey to the west. where she travels to every part of the globe and basically meets everyone)

that would be funny by the way.

Lord el melloi is... different. The justification is essentially "some people venerate him as a water god (which is false irl but anyway) so he is a water god" so I'm pretty sure something was lost in the translation. Plus there's the fact that wukong is dead here while he's alive and traveling in fgo modern day

Oh yeah, sanzang has it. Weird.
Maybe refering to the Waterfall part of the story?
Even the outlandish claims in Nasuverse tend to have somewhat of a reason behind. And in El-Melloi specially they do their ******* research, and do it well.

If Avalon proves anything is that there is definitely a very real world religion/occultism based lore. A Dragon as a boundary, and the left behind "corpse" structure based on Jung's Aion is there for anyone thinking otherwise.

Now... Waifus are still the True Power of the verse.

Last edited:
okay then.

though right now i'm just thinking about xuanzang meeting every single servant. (i guess i'm just thinking since she travels a lot maybe you could make a worldwide version of journey to the west. where she travels to every part of the globe and basically meets everyone)

that would be funny by the way.
the wukong characters and the nobbu characters will probably interact with each other because of the hideyoshi/wukong super talented monkey parallel but that's pretty much it

the wukong characters and the nobbu characters will probably interact with each other because of the hideyoshi/wukong super talented monkey parallel but that's pretty much it

question.

are there any other franchises with 8-D characters. cause i'm looking forward to 1-C matches with nasuverse characters.

Maybe refering to the Waterfall part of the story?
Even the outlandish claims in Nasuverse tend to have somewhat of a reason behind. And in El-Melloi specially they do their ******* research, and do it well.

If Avalon proves anything is that there is definitely a very real world religion/occultism based lore. A Dragon as a boundary, and the left behind "corpse" structure based on Jung's Aion is there for anyone thinking otherwise.

Now... Waifus are still the True Power of the verse.
the issue is that if that's the case, [god] here isn't "divine spirit" or "mythological god", the waterfall is how he became a king, not a god. And as someone who really likes wukong, I can guarantee that no one "prays for wukong as a water god"

the issue is that if that's the case, [god] here isn't "divine spirit" or "mythological god", the waterfall is how he became a king, not a god. And as someone who really likes wukong, I can guarantee that no one "prays for wukong as a water god"
The story of how he becomes a King is the story of how he becomes Kami. One of the problems of translating kami as god is that you miss the fact that Kami means "a object of workship", not necessarily something like omnipresence and omnipotence. I would have to see the exact phrase, but it can very well be said "Sun Wukong is a kami related to water(falls)."- which he is, as the waterfalll is the boundary of the most significative change in the essence of character. In the very page of the wikia, one of his aliases is "Handsome Monkey King of the Waterfall".

At least in the interpretation of Sun Wukong this gives us, yeah, Sun Wukong is a kami related to Water. The way he appears to Ergo, in the middle of a lake and his own weapon origin and function further reinforces it.

He's not a Kami OF Water, such as Abzu and Tiamat, or as Vivian from Arthurian Legends, but to say his myth isn't related to water is clearly wrong.

(There also the correspondence of Water and "containing", which relates to his weapon again, that is given through the Makiris.)

Even though Hercules is a Solar Hero it doesn't mean he has to control the Sun or something. It's symbolic language, after all.

Last edited:
The story of how he becomes a King is the story of how he becomes Kami. One of the problems of translating kami as god is that you miss the fact that Kami means "a object of workship", not necessarily something like omnipresence and omnipotence. I would have to see the exact phrase, but it can very well be said "Sun Wukong is a kami related to water(falls)."- which he is, as the waterfalll is the boundary of the most significative change in the essence of character. In the very page of the wikia, one of his aliases is "Handsome Monkey King of the Waterfall".

At least in the interpretation of Sun Wukong this gives us, yeah, Sun Wukong is a kami related to Water. The way he appears to Ergo, in the middle of a lake and his own weapon origin and function further reinforces it.

He's not a Kami OF Water, such as Abzu and Tiamat, or as Vivian from Arthurian Legends, but to say his myth isn't related to water is clearly wrong.

(There also the correspondence of Water and "containing", which relates to his weapon again, that is given through the Makiris.)

Even though Hercules is a Solar Hero it doesn't mean he has to control the Sun or something. It's symbolic language, after all.
all of that doesn't prevent the sentence "he is venerated AS a water god" from being false though.

Vasavi shakti plus his armor overpowering the mooncell temporarily in CCC. Surely melusine doesn't have anything above that?
Well depend on how you see the scaling. but vavasi shakti didn't overpowered the moon cell only the authority of his armor have doing it because the authority of sun from his father and it wouldn't help much her.

But technicaly Albion is stronger than most god and he was too the only being that survived Sefar Fp and self detonation on the surface in LB6.

all of that doesn't prevent the sentence "he is venerated AS a water god" from being false though.
In English, butchering the meaning of Kami and only accepting water as the physical liquid substance? okay
In a number of other contexts? Not really.

So after thinking about it I think I have a theory as to how Wukong being a water god works.

Basically Ruyi Jingu Bang is a pillar that holds texture together just like Rhongobongo. Except RJB holds the ocean together. It's possible that just like how Rhongo would eventually make Artoria a divine spirit (which already happened for Mufasa) RYB can and did do the same thing to Wukong. The dude is triple immortal anyways so he had plenty of time for that to happen.

So after thinking about it I think I have a theory as to how Wukong being a water god works.

Basically Ruyi Jingu Bang is a pillar that holds texture together just like Rhongobongo. Except RJB holds the ocean together. It's possible that just like how Rhongo would eventually make Artoria a divine spirit (which already happened for Mufasa) RYB can and did do the same thing to Wukong. The dude is triple immortal anyways so he had plenty of time for that to happen.

Was it said it held the Texture?
From memory, I remember it mentioned space, such as when it was activated and "fixed" the air column in place, and therefore bound the enemy.

But yeah, RJB is the stabilizer of the four seas and the measurer of the depths, it's water related through and through mythologically.
The Kanjis for RJB are Divine Rare Iron That Suppresses the Heavenly River in verse.

Well depend on how you see the scaling. but vavasi shakti didn't overpowered the moon cell only the authority of his armor have doing it because the authority of sun from his father and it wouldn't help much her.

But technicaly Albion is stronger than most god and he was too the only being that survived Sefar Fp and self detonation on the surface in LB6.
I did say it was his armor for the mooncell

that's the thing. VS defeated sefar in extella (or at least, it's implied, since the moon cell subsists when you go to fight sefar with karna) and it's obviously stronger than most gods. Plus characters are usually weakened as servants when they're that strong

Talking about Karna makes me want to try and revitalize my Karna vs Quirinus thread but that's been dead for so long I feel I should just redo it.

Maybe it'll get more traction if I wait until Olympus comes to NA

Also while we're potentially talking about the strongest Lancer is there anything Quirinus or Karna could reasonably do to put down Enkidu?

In English, butchering the meaning of Kami and only accepting water as the physical liquid substance? okay
In a number of other contexts? Not really.
I feel like we're not talking about the same thing. The specific sentence is:
"It’s easy to forget because people put a lot more focus into his journey with Sanzang, but the Handsome Monkey King of the Waterfall is in fact a water god, and he’s still very much revered as a water god in some regions, like Singapore"

which is objectively not true. No one "reveres sun wukong as a water god", singapore or not.

I feel like we're not talking about the same thing. The specific sentence is:
"It’s easy to forget because people put a lot more focus into his journey with Sanzang, but the Handsome Monkey King of the Waterfall is in fact a water god, and he’s still very much revered as a water god in some regions, like Singapore"

which is objectively not true. No one "reveres sun wukong as a water god", singapore or not.

One of the theories of Sun Wukong origin puts him as a descendent of water monsters, so...
If he is or isn't workshipped as such, that is a harder to approach question. Or are you really saying a google search or similar can actually give you the complete list of local deities and cults?
I do agree that to put it at Singapore is strange, given what I know of the country, but the first part is definitely correct. Sun Wukong is a Water Kami. Every part of his story is tied to water or the ocean, and one of the origins, that believes in a "local creation" of him, not of him being imported as a workship idol, derives him from water spirits.

Last edited:
I did say it was his armor for the mooncell

that's the thing. VS defeated sefar in extella (or at least, it's implied, since the moon cell subsists when you go to fight sefar with karna) and it's obviously stronger than most gods. Plus characters are usually weakened as servants when they're that strong
The sefar in extella is only stage 3, the sefar in lb6 is final stage.

Even without that albion should be above the like of vritra(because he called the Grand of dragon) who are comparable to indra who himself is comparable to living fp karna.

Okay it's been a while and I had to get a new pc but I've updated the in universe tier list.

33d9ad485f002b31cd4198e56b3d5b5d.jpg
If the list is about power.

Mhx should be 5, she have like XEX NP, mftl+ atk etc.

Mebd too she comparable to cu (and even stronger technicaly).

Jeanne alter too she like can invoke dragon and her flamme is comparable to dragon like fafnir.

A hype character made his introduction in FGO's Tunguska epilogue.

1098225800_merged.png

Nrvnqsr/Nero Chaos (though he is either not a Dead Apostle, or managed to keep his impulses under control like Zepia in the Fate timeline).

It seems he is the Wandering Sea member in charge of correspondence with Chaldea.

Visualization of Rhongomyniad erasing the texture from the second Camelot movie:

Less than an hour until the Fate new year's eve stream.
Show there will at leat a handful of neat reveals, but what I recall being confirmee is that they'll stream the bonus episode of Lord El-Melloi's Case Files which will have Waver getting his third ascension and Touko showing up (coming later on Crunchyroll). Alongside news about Fate/Extra Record and at least one DLC character reveal for Melty Blood: Type Lumina.

A hype character made his introduction in FGO's Tunguska epilogue.

1098225800_merged.png

Nrvnqsr/Nero Chaos (though he is either not a Dead Apostle, or managed to keep his impulses under control like Zepia in the Fate timeline).

It seems he is the Wandering Sea member in charge of correspondence with Chaldea.

Visualization of Rhongomyniad erasing the texture from the second Camelot movie:

Less than an hour until the Fate new year's eve stream.
Show there will at leat a handful of neat reveals, but what I recall being confirmee is that they'll stream the bonus episode of Lord El-Melloi's Case Files which will have Waver getting his third ascension and Touko showing up (coming later on Crunchyroll). Alongside news about Fate/Extra Record and at least one DLC character reveal for Melty Blood: Type Lumina.

He is a Wanderer Sea alchemist. And he not in charge of correspondance with Chaldea. He was here to recruit Sion. He tell her that wanderer sea accepted chaldea in this place not because chaldea but because Sion and he was intrigued by a bizzare plan she made

Last edited:
Back