• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok so... this is my first message on the Forum, I've been around sometime here and had my forum account approved not that long ago despite lurking here for a good amount of time. Now let's get to the point:

The Nasuverse here is... a mess, to say the least. I think we all know that the profiles are severely outdated and lack even the simpliest of scans, making the reader somehow figure it all out themselves when TM is obiviously a complicated bag for many non-TM fan people already. It has come to the point where several people, including ones in this thread discussion, have joked (or... not joked) about the verse being deleted. Hell, even moreso people outside of this thread have been saying it.

While I probably don't want to go to such extreme measures, it has been in my interest to revamp the verse, and atleast how it generally presents itself. Which means that, yes, the long-awaited profile updates are coming. I'd like to anyone who has been doing them to cooperate with me so it can be better coordinated, as I plan to push out several CRTs that also present have new additions to the profiles.

I've been on this idea for a while. I've already laid out a plan, re-checked several media I needed and prepared countless scans for the verse. It's gonna need a lot of changes to, in my opinion, actually be readable, so I need support of people here to be fine with it.

If people are in the support of this idea and me finding the mental capacity to do this, then I'll post some of the points for what exactly I plan to do and if anyone can assist with them. Although it's not required, moral support is enough for me already.
what’s your game plan? as long as the scaling and such isn’t ridiculous, I’ll be able to chip in

To both answer Wankbreaker and let others know; these revisions, at the very least their early parts, will not tackle stats. I believe it makes sense and is optimal to first put the verse into a proper state rather than relying on clugging outdated pages with new information, mixing old and unsourced text with recent upgrades. Although, the singlular exception in regards to actual 'stats' would be a potential part covering on whether or not using Servant Parameters is valid for scaling, in which case I would not mind setting the groundwork for more calcs for the verse being accepted (this is an issue, as big of a verse this is, we lack so many potential calcs.). However, I would do the Parameter part only with enough support, I've seen the topic discussed here earlier.

By the way, why has not a new thread been made for this yet? This one is already clugged to hell and recent complaints have been made about non-sensical arguments sparking, I also believe these revamps being actively on the table is also a good point for a new one, but might be just me.

We have at least one thread in the works to finish removing Parameter scaling, it's just a lot of work is going into other threads as well. A lot of threads are currently in the planning/preparation phase.

We have at least one thread in the works to finish removing Parameter scaling, it's just a lot of work is going into other threads as well. A lot of threads are currently in the planning/preparation phase.
All revisions that arent tier 1 wank shit are fine with me

To both answer Wankbreaker and let others know; these revisions, at the very least their early parts, will not tackle stats. I believe it makes sense and is optimal to first put the verse into a proper state rather than relying on clugging outdated pages with new information, mixing old and unsourced text with recent upgrades. Although, the singlular exception in regards to actual 'stats' would be a potential part covering on whether or not using Servant Parameters is valid for scaling, in which case I would not mind setting the groundwork for more calcs for the verse being accepted (this is an issue, as big of a verse this is, we lack so many potential calcs.). However, I would do the Parameter part only with enough support, I've seen the topic discussed here earlier.

By the way, why has not a new thread been made for this yet? This one is already clugged to hell and recent complaints have been made about non-sensical arguments sparking, I also believe these revamps being actively on the table is also a good point for a new one, but might be just me.
I could take out parameter scaling like rn if I really felt like it, I just have scans only from the fan tl and not the official one

Also, can we separate the different ascensions for servants on their profiles, like it's obvious that ascensions aren't just clothing changes. So them just being in the gallery section is kinda cringey wingey.

See the issue with that is ... that's too much work.

But actually, we do know that ascensions are an actual thing in lore and sometimes give some sort of power boost, but not always. It's just unclear how big the boost is. Some servants also just treat it as an outfit change, so it's weird.

See the issue with that is ... that's too much work.

But actually, we do know that ascensions are an actual thing in lore and sometimes give some sort of power boost, but not always. It's just unclear how big the boost is. Some servants also just treat it as an outfit change, so it's weird.
That's due to the fact that Ascensions aren't a fully direct powerboost, they bring the Servants closer to the state of conception, sometimes bringing a form of theirs that was them at their more inexperienced point (the other times, it is them at pretty much their 'peak', so just a vague powerboost) without reducing their power or mental capability, because it is the "most fitting figure" for them as to how Ascension works. The biggest example of this is Welver

This is why this system pays wonders for Servants like Morgan, who quite literally gains a third of her LB-self power when reaching 4th Ascension, and why for some its nothing more than a cloth change.

So in my opinion we should do it the way where we just take the peak of their implied power of a singular Ascension. So when we make a profile for Morgan, she just has her having a third of her original power listed for her Servant key.

Also, can we separate the different ascensions for servants on their profiles, like it's obvious that ascensions aren't just clothing changes. So them just being in the gallery section is kinda cringey wingey.
Also, if it wasn't clear, I don't mean making new keys and scaling them different. I just mean using tabbers for ascensions 1-3 for the images section (the first one at the top of the page) for fgo servants. It'd just make the profiles more aesthetically pleasing. (And since it's pretty easy, whenever there's a mass revision of the verse, feel free to ask me to take care of that. I'd just like everyone's opinion on it.)

Also, if it wasn't clear, I don't mean making new keys and scaling them different. I just mean using tabbers for ascensions 1-3 for the images section (the first one at the top of the page) for fgo servants. It'd just make the profiles more aesthetically pleasing. (And since it's pretty easy, whenever there's a mass revision of the verse, feel free to ask me to take care of that. I'd just like everyone's opinion on it.)
Oh in that case, I have already been planning on doing that. I wanna change how Servant pages are structured, in general.
Issue with tabbers for Ascensions is that most of the time, 2/3 Ascensions don't have a version online with the characters rendered out, so you'd have to spend weeks doing nothing but that. Which... yeah.

Oh in that case, I have already been planning on doing that. I wanna change how Servant pages are structured, in general.
Issue with tabbers for Ascensions is that most of the time, 2/3 Ascensions don't have a version online with the characters rendered out, so you'd have to spend weeks doing nothing but that. Which... yeah.
As the great Slimothy Shadyson once said,
"Now, this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just follow me"

As the great Slimothy Shadyson once said,
"Now, this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just follow me"
Realistically tho, I could probably make renders of a decent chunk within a reasonable timeframe but it'd definitely take awhile without multiple people working on it at once.

If there is stuff that already is in preparation, then we could likely just combine our efforts, scans and arguments to finalize the threads and get going.
if anyone wants to add me on Discord, the username is "fubukiichan".

Guys, the Prisma Illya manga is being officially translated!
PEAK

2-A cosmology would be a-ok (besides the root) but I would have trouble figuring out what actually scales to that
Void Shiki...

Outside of her, I don't think there's anyone who can truly threaten the entire cosmology. The current multi+ - 8D rating primarily has to do with scaling to the Moon Cell's infinite timelines rather than someone wiping all of TM cosmology

Void Shiki...
there’s an entire thread listing the numerous issues with that, so you know how I feel about that.
Outside of her, I don't think there's anyone who can truly threaten the entire cosmology. The current multi+ - 8D rating primarily has to do with scaling to the Moon Cell's infinite timelines rather than someone wiping all of TM cosmology
They aren’t timelines though,just recorded possiblities. That’s why when the Moon Cell grants your wish, it’s more gradual rather than instantly rewriting reality

Guys, the Prisma Illya manga is being officially translated!
BASED NEWS 😭
Mana Transfer =P
BASED COMMENT 😭😭😭

Back