• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm planning a final upgrade attempt for Nasuverse. If this doesn't pass, I can assure you, nothing would ever pass.

If this passes, give all the credits to @Theoretical. This man really gave his all for us.
Brother they are lost, they don't understand infinity in Tao entails high 1-A, they think it strictly has to be from set theory.

here are obvious connections with central themes in theology, especially
with the medieval doctrine that only negative knowlege is possible of God
(apophatic theology). As it stands, it is indeed a negative statement. However it can be given a positive interpretation as follows. Let us provisionally identify the mathematical Absolutely Infinite with the set theoretic
universe as a whole (V). V is unknowable in the sense that we cannot
single it out or pin it down by means of any of our assertions: no true
assertion about V can be made that excludes unintended interpretations
that make the assertion true. In particular—and this is stronger than the
previous sentence—no assertion that we make about V can ensure that we
are talking about the mathematical universe rather than an object in this
universe. So if we do make a true assertion φ about V, then there exist sets
s such that φ is also true when it is interpreted in s.Cantor did not explicitly articulate this line of argument. Yet he was
probably the first one to make use of reflection as a principle motivating
the existence of sets [Hallett 1984]. He argues that the finite ordinals form
a set because they can be captured by a definite condition: Whereas, hitherto, the infinity of the first number-class (I) alone
has served as such a symbol [of the Absolute], for me, precisely
because I regarded that infinity as a tangible or comprehensible
idea, it appeared as an utterly vanishing nothing in comparison
with the absolutely infinite sequence of numbers. (Grundlagen einer allgemeinen Mannigfaltigkeitslehre (1883), endnote
to section 4: [Cantor 1932, p. 205])
What is the Infinite? To define it as other than the finite is to set the infinite apart from the finite, and thereby limit it. To define the infinite, therefore, is to make it definite, and no longer infinite. In fact, to say anything at all of the Infinite, is to actually say nothing about the true Infinite. Like the Tao, the Infinite that can be named is not the true Infinite. The Infinite, then, is ineffable. …Or is it? If we think that the Infinite is ineffable, we have once again defined it by distinguishing it from what is not ineffable. The Infinite is so utterly ineffable that we cannot even say that it is ineffable. Even this, however, is saying too much.
I don't see how it's so hard to grasp the similarities between the statement below about the infinity in Tao and how the reflection principle and ineffability of absolute infinity works in relation to V.

The concept of infinity in Western and Eastern philosophies is very similar in some
respects yet different in others. In most Western religions, the Absolute Infinite is referred to as
God. In Taoism, the Infinite is called Tao, or The Way. Another way to think of Tao is as the
source of everything: “We know that life and the universe have a source, but the nature and
depth of that source lie beyond our ken.” (Walker, forward) Even though separated by land, the
ideas of the Infinite in both Taoism and Western religions developed similarly, with the same
attributes and metaphors used to describe it, yet Taoism also has some unique concepts of the
Infinite.
It's bad enough when there's direct statements too. Why are you still trying.

Downstreamers are low 1-A via modal realism logical omnipotence, negative theology shouldn't be any tier because it's "omnipotence as well", extended modal realism is worse because that's actual omnipotence and that shit has a tier.

I peaked at the thread saw "set theory doesn't exist in the nasuverse" and instantly lost interest.

Ima play persona 3 then if you'll excuse me.

Brother they are lost, they don't understand infinity in Tao entails high 1-A, they think it strictly has to be from set theory.

I don't see how it's so hard to grasp the similarities between the statement below about the infinity in Tao and how the reflection principle and ineffability of absolute infinity works in relation to V.

It's bad enough when there's direct statements too. Why are you still trying.

Downstreamers are low 1-A via modal realism logical omnipotence, negative theology shouldn't be any tier because it's "omnipotence as well", extended modal realism is worse because that's actual omnipotence and that shit has a tier.

I peaked at the thread saw "set theory doesn't exist in the nasuverse" and instantly lost interest.

Ima play persona 3 then if you'll excuse me.
I'm tired of these guys lmao. They don't know anything at all.

Downstreamers is Low 1-A because of Type 4 Multiverse and not modal realism. The only one with modal realism for the series is only The Goddess of Manifold and she had more context for her tier

Last edited:
Back