• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swirl of The Root - Nasuverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdjwo

He/Him
Once again, I'm here to try my luck after gaining some experience regarding the tiering system and some misunderstanding regarding it and Nasuverse as a whole.

For this CRT, my intention is to implement certain ideas gotten from the philosophical study of Tao/Daoism into the Nasuverse's Swirl of The Root. I'm well aware that philosophical statements aren't held as objectively as mathematical constructs, but as far as I'm aware, if a certain verse uses information gotten directly from the philosophical concept or from a philosopher regarding the topic, then it's totally usable for tiering based on what the verse has shown with such philosophy. Fortunately, Nasuverse seems to be one of those few verses that actually implements these philosophical works directly to its cosmological structure.

In Kara no Kyoukai, the cosmology of Daoism/Taoism aka, Onmyōdō (Japanese) was directly referenced when Shiki's root of existence and personality was being discussed. As we know, Shiki's third personality is Swirl of the Root itself. Kinoko Nasu, the author overseer of Nasuverse, has repeatedly taken contents directly from Laozi's Tao Te Ching, which is basically the original writing about Taoism, its teachings, cosmology and way of life. In this CRT, I'm going to show how Taoism has a remarkably coherent and hyper-literal depiction of the Root’s nature, as each statement regarding the Root corresponds very closely to statements about Laozi's Tao/Daoism.

Looking at the similarities, it starts with this;

Everything that comes from the origin/the root is destined to return back to the root
the Dao as the root, telling us that "The ten thousand things one by one will return to the root - return to the root and not know why." Yet the root is not the "place" in the sense of what Derrida has rejected, because it is the process of nature that is constantly self-transforming and hence constantly self-displacing. According to Daoist philosophy, fullness is emptiness and, as Laozi points out, one achieves fullness through vacuity/void. The Dao is a non-full, non-simple "origin" as it is in negative theology, and hence it has no onto-theological implications; neither is it an absolute determination of truth.
-Taoism
which is also said in the source material:
the fact that I existed at all fits me. Here lay entropy, the end of all things, a place the living may never observe, but only the dead may enter. I died. And yet I am still alive. I felt my mind about to lose its grip. Two years. An instant, stretched out to an eternity. Both are accurate measures of my time spent in this " ". Here, I touched death. Here, I fought for my life. Here, I awakened.
-Kara no Kyoukai
Furthermore, the constant Taoism is ineffable for it is absolutely nothingness beyond descriptions
From above it is not bright;
From below it is not dark:
An unbroken thread beyond
description.
It returns to nothingness.
The form of the formless,
The image of the imageless,
It is called indefinable and beyond
imagination
Which corresponds to the Nasuverse source material about the Root:
Beyond and below lay only darkness. This void, lifeless place could only mean one thing: I was dead.

Without anything to even clothe me, I, Shiki Ryōgi, floated, and then sank slowly into the fathomless, lightless sea. There was no end in sight. There was nothing in sight, neither light, and yes, perhaps even darkness. This place was only a hollow, where all meaning ceased to be. A stygian abyss that could not be put into words, and without words it shall remain: a cypher called, simply,「 」.

I fell deeper into the「 」, and my naked body slowly acquired the pallor of the grave, and it made me want to look away. In my mind, I knew that everything in this place comes to be the same way.
-Kara no Kyoukai
In the source material as well, the basis for the ineffability of the Root is predicated on it being absolute nothingness even where the name, "Swirl of The Origin" cannot be used to describe「 」because it is a name hence separate and inferior to「 」which denotes for Kara/Emptiness.

In the philosophical study of Taoism, there are two types of Tao; The Eternal Tao, also known as "Constant Tao," and the Tao (just Tao). The Tao can be named and described, but the Eternal Tao cannot be named and described
Tao can be talked about, but not

the Eternal Tao.

Names can be named, but not the

Eternal Name.

As the origin of heaven-and- earth, it is nameless; As "the Mother" of all things. it

is nameable. So, as ever hidden, we should look at its inner essence.

Tao can be spoken of as that which is spoken of as an aspect of divinity, but it doesn't apply to the one that cannot be spoken of, which is another aspect of divinity which has divine ineffability.

This is directly identical to how Swirl of The Root can be named and talked about but not the indescribable「 」
If you really wished to pronounce this term, call it "Kara."

Its meaning varied depending on each. individual's understanding. To put it in simple terms, it was the Spiral of Origin.

However, since the Spiral of Origin was called the Spiral of Origin, it was no longer「 」.
And again;
The eternal Tao is hidden permanently and it
cannot be named, so accept this as a fact. You’re not going to find it in a material form; it has no boundaries, and the moment you try to name it, Yet it also contains something that defies boundaries, has no substance, and is infinite and formless
Nasuverse version;
main-qimg-5416fa454ee1067adc264ed1d71548b1

Swirl of The root represents "Tao," but the indescribable「 」represents the Constant/Eternal Tao.

Terms like "Akashic Records," Spiral of Origin, Swirl of The Root, etc are used to refer to the same divinity but a different aspect of it, to say it contains every record of existence is correct, but it doesn't refer to the aspect that cannot be spoken of as wholeness is a part of divinity just as much as ineffability is which is a different aspect that supersedes its other aspects and is the divinities true form. Some things can be said about divinity/the root/Tao, like it existing beyond dimensions.

fgzsTpt.png

....which would apply to some aspect of it but a lesser one that which the true form of it they can't be named, would still be separate and superior to it. This is further explained
Therefore, whatever is received in the spiritual vessel (emptiness) is not what is in the vessel, but the vessel itself

Since oneness is beyond distinction and non- distinction, Zhuangzi is ambivalent about the term the "One" or "unity."
Tao exists beyond Dualities, beyond distinction (yin and yang) and non-distinction (taiji) which In the source material its supported as well, True Emptiness being unrestricted from binary oppositions as a territory of freedom (this would include space-time because it's part of the distinctions that exist in yin and yang).
main-qimg-c2334301df59234b944bf4e325fe92d0

What it says about Taiji
main-qimg-dc62d7d096850c0aeeedae57b75f8262-lq

And then we have this from Tao/Dao
"The Dao that can be spoken of is not the constant Dao," the Daoist poets still speak. For Daoists, the language of poetry, with its powerful suggestiveness, its imagination, and openness to one's heart and nature, can transcend the limits of words and non-words, the limits of time and space.

The indescribable「 」represents the oneness beyond distinction(yin-yang) and non-distinction(taiji). It's the complete totality of everything. It's neither transcendent of anything or transcending everything. Instead, it's everything, including the Swirl of Root. According to the Taoism description above, 「 」is the spiritual vessel itself, while Swirl of the Root is what's inside the vessel.
Therefore, whatever is received in the spiritual vessel (emptiness) is not what is in the vessel, but the vessel itself

Since oneness is beyond distinction and non- distinction, Zhuangzi is ambivalent about the term the "One" or "unity."
-Tao Te Ching Taoism

In Taoism, despite the number 0 being synonymous with emptiness, zero cannot be used to define the constant Tao as absolute nothingness.
!Fung Yu-lan explains the wholeness of the Dao as "the
spontaneity or naturalness of the world." He then contends,
"T(D)aoists often said that Tao is 'nothing,' because it is not
something transcending the world. Yet this 'nothing' is not
equal to zero, since it is the total spontaneity of all things."
(See Fung Yu-lang, A Short History of Chinese Philosophy.) I
think that Fung's explanation of the Dao well fits into
Zhuangzi's understanding of the Dao, yet it neglects the
mystical and metaphysical aspect of the Dao implied in Laozi's
notion of "xuan" we have discussed in this chapter.
-Taoism (Fung Yu-lang, A short history of Chinese Philosophy)
...which corresponds directly to how「 」is viewed.
main-qimg-3624d5d79f35a62e552fa2321dffc383-lq

while Tao is what gives birth to One, Two, Three, etc

nSSIURd.jpg

The reason behind this is that「 」 represents the unnamed and imperceptible facet of the Divine, beyond the realm of human thought. It exists as a state that is neither the totality of God nor the void of nonexistence (0). It defies representation, as it can only be defined by the absence of information itself, without any binary digits whatsoever. I remember a character like God (Unsong) having this type of justification on his profile for tier 0.

From now on, please read everything very CAREFULLY.

In Nasuverse the concept of infinity is described this way through [ ]
main-qimg-6db986ac4ea554c09e7a50ea24996c78

And this is blatantly identical to what infinity is in Taoism;
main-qimg-f1c0ed2486afc48ab92358eefda17d1d

Basically, how to define infinity as infinite is to make it definite hence not infinity, because infinity is only infinity if infinity is incomprehensible hence「 」as they said in the last sentence in the scan above for「 」;
If there is no limit, then it is not infinity, but「 」. If limits exist, then Ryougi would find it and cut away everything.
Taoism's view on the concept of infinity, in general, has been discussed by numerous philosophists and Mathematicians comparing it to Georg Cantor's Absolute Infinity.
main-qimg-bbfd8f367c86bb04ded18ac6ac3848cf

But this direct comparison doesn't matter because I feel like people would still say that's not enough, and it's vague; the need for a direct statement is practically nigh irrelevant because the explanation of the infinity being ineffable is a direct comparison in itself, in a sense that absolute infinity also works like that with how it's strong Reflection Principle works.
main-qimg-7aa532b488df72e91e0a50e97a2e8ff5

main-qimg-da9c559f925def1e608fe6c78c4820f7

If the infinity is a collection of everything in V then trying to capture it one way or another positively, you'll fail because the characterization is satisfied by atleast one large cardinal or certain large sets in V; hence absolute infinity is only absolute infinity if it's ineffable. Basically the exact same way「 」was described.

This should make it at least High 1A. After all, the Swirl of Root is already 1A as it's above dimensional theory, and I've proven that 「 」is different from Swirl of The Root via the blatant copy-like references cosmology-wise between Taoism and Swirl of the Root and the indescribable aspect being ontologically superior to the Swirl of Root making it at least High 1A.

Furthermore,「 」could qualify for Tier 0 based on the fact that 「 」is neither the totality of God nor the void of nonexistence (0). It defies representation, as it can only be defined by the absence of information itself, without any binary digits whatsoever.

Thinking again, Swirl of The Root has very identical justifications as God (Unsong).

Swirl of The Root (Proposed Justification)

Attack Potency
: Outerverse level (exists at the summit of dimensional theories[3], It is completely transcendent of the rest of reality, an unrestrained domain free from binary opposition[4] | High Outerverse level (The stygian「 」represents True Infinity itself which can't be reached by recursively stacking infinities to it because in order to define infinity as truly infinite, is to make it definite hence not infinity, because infinity is only infinity if infinity is incomprehensible). possibly Boundless (While spoken off as [Swirl of the Origin] because that term cannot accurately capture its true essence as「  」, as 「  」 is absolute nothingness that can't have a name and lacks any and all description to the point where one can only remain silent if one wishes to stray closer to such divinity. and any possible description or definition one could try giving is immediately separated into its own idea unrelated to「 」due to its ineffable and incomprehensible element existing independently of its definitions representing the most divine aspect that exists in a state that can't be properly described as [0] which is supposed to represent Emptiness and nonexistence from which all concepts sprang forth from a realm of freedom without boundaries which even names cannot exist within it.)

God (Unsong)
Attack Potency: High Outerverse level (God is the ineffable and incomprehensible principle which orders and sustains all of creation as its simplest and most fundamental ontological ground, completely unbound by the basic principles and dichotomies inherent to the physical universe while encompassing all of them as an entity of pure wholeness possessing all characteristics and attributes, and embodying the property of "existence" itself. Represents the "Absolute Infinite" conceptualized by Georg Cantor that stands beyond any conceivable quantity, unreachable by the unending hierarchy of infinities discovered by him while transcending the very concept of "infinity," with all hierarchies ending in God by neccessity, as He is above all and will always be) Boundless (The Atzmus is the nameless and unmanifest aspect of the Divine which no thoughts reach, being a state that is neither the wholeness of God [1] nor the emptiness of nonexistence [0], completely unrepresentable by anything but the absence of information itself, without any binary digits whatsoever, and being unable to be spoken of or referred to in any manner)

Due to possible contentions, rating it as High 1A rather than Tier 0 could be fine as well as long as you give convincing reasonings for it.

For any possible contentions, please discuss it in the comment section peacefully and hopefully, don't spam "Disagree FRA" because that honestly shows you weren't interested in the CRT and only made such a statement because of personal bias. Thank you.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
As with the other threads, your introduction as to why the Root is 1-A is fine. But then it stops working the second you try and make it High 1-A
In short, what the entire scan is saying is that infinity and its notions doesn't really exist. The very concept of infinity itself, whether it's in Aleph 3,2,1,null, etc would always have limits. But 「 」is the embodiment that surpasses such limit. Think about it again. Firstly, it claimed that limits do not exist in infinity so it's impossible to sever something that doesn't exist. However, without limits, infinity wouldn't exist either.
That's why the final part of the scan then says, If there's actually no limit, then it's not infinity. Instead, it's「 」. That is because 「 」has an absolute superiority above the concept of infinity itself. It is what truly represents infinity. Ontologically, this makes「 」 represent either the True Infinity or above every sort of infinity based on how you interpret it. As long as it represents something that truly has no limits, then it's 「 」. That means Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc. And that is exactly the scan concludes that anything that has limits would always fall under the wrath of Shiki, who embodies「 」, for that is the only thing that embodies or supersedes the true limitless infinity.
There's nothing here.

This solely works if you assume the random void she was in is 1-A, when nothing backs that notion. Also the idea of Aleph-X being limited is wrong. Every single Aleph is infinite and cannot be properly measured/quantified. It's just that higher alephs are just higher tiers of infinity.

Also as before, if you separate the Root from [ ] then the Root would no longer qualify for 1-A.

As with the other threads, your introduction as to why the Root is 1-A is fine. But then it stops working the second you try and make it High 1-A

There's nothing here.

This solely works if you assume the random void she was in is 1-A, when nothing backs that notion. Also the idea of Aleph-X being limited is wrong. Every single Aleph is infinite and cannot be properly measured/quantified. It's just that higher alephs are just higher tiers of infinity.

Also as before, if you separate the Root from [ ] then the Root would no longer qualify for 1-A.
as a person who has no idea how the tier above 1-B work, could you please explain your reasoning a bit?

as a person who has no idea how the tier above 1-B work, could you please explain your reasoning a bit?
Which parts?
  • The void she's in is just called infinite. It's not called an Aleph space and the base cosmology of Nasuverse is not High 1-B/Low 1-A which would imply that the space is 1-A
  • Aleph-X being unlimited is the root of the concept. Aleph-0 is a literal true infinity that contains all numbers, Aleph-1 and higher are mathematical set theory that are higher infinities but the lower infinites are still limitless
  • Root and [ ] are treated as the same on the profile. The OP is trying to split it where the Root is 1-A and [ ] is High 1-A/0. But, and multiple mods have told the OP before, that doesn't work. The Root is solely 1-A because of [ ]. The Root alone is just 1-C because you can name and define it. Which is why it's the Root and not [ ].

Which parts?
  • The void she's in is just called infinite. It's not called an Aleph space and the base cosmology of Nasuverse is not High 1-B/Low 1-A which would imply that the space is 1-A
  • Aleph-X being unlimited is the root of the concept. Aleph-0 is a literal true infinity that contains all numbers, Aleph-1 and higher are mathematical set theory that are higher infinities but the lower infinites are still limitless
  • Root and [ ] are treated as the same on the profile. The OP is trying to split it where the Root is 1-A and [ ] is High 1-A/0. But, and multiple mods have told the OP before, that doesn't work. The Root is solely 1-A because of [ ]. The Root alone is just 1-C because you can name and define it. Which is why it's the Root and not [ ].
I think I can understand that. so basically, there isn't enough proof for the root and 「 」being seperate, the root being 1-A while seperate from 「 」, and other spaces that are infinite that the same way the root/「 」is?

so basically, there isn't enough proof for the root and 「 」being seperate, the root being 1-A while seperate from 「 」, and other spaces that are infinite that the same way the root/「 」is?
To answer your points:
  • The Root and [ ] are separate, it's just the profile lumps them together
  • Yes, there's no provided evidence that the Root on it's own, as in when it's defined, is 1-A
  • I'm not sure what you mean with the last one. The point about other spaces is that while the Root is above them, its definable because someone mentioned it or reached it. Meaning that it's no longer [ ]. The Root can only ever be 1 level higher than the normal cosmology. If the normal cosmology isn't Low 1-A then the Root can never be 1-A.

There's nothing here.

This solely works if you assume the random void she was in is 1-A, when nothing backs that notion.
Actually, you are interpreting this wrongly. It doesn't matter what size of the void Shiki was currently immersed in. We know it's infinite. But then, the scan diverts to the nature of [ ] and makes statements on how infinity can never be [ ] regardless of how large it could be;
  1. "Infinity is not「 」."
    • Infinity, in set theory, often refers to the concept of a set with an infinite number of elements, such as the set of natural numbers (ℕ). The 「 」is different.
  2. "In order to render infinity, one must define limits."
    • In set theory, limits are not necessary to describe infinite sets. However, we can think of this statement as: "In order to understand the concept of infinity, one must comprehend the idea of boundaries."
  3. "Without limits, infinity does not exist."
    • This can be interpreted as: "The notion of infinity relies on the existence of boundaries to differentiate between finite and infinite sets."
  4. "Infinity can be observed because objects possess limits."
    • This statement can be rephrased as: "The concept of infinity can be appreciated in contrast to the finite nature of specific objects or sets."
  5. "Ryougi Shiki was immersed in infinity, but found the non-existent limit and severed it."
    • It could be interpreted as: "Ryougi Shiki was surrounded by an infinite set, but discovered a boundary (which was thought to be non-existent) and separated it."
  6. "Of course, limits do not exist within infinity, thus one cannot sever something that does not exist."
    • This statement can be interpreted as: "Boundaries are not inherent to infinite sets, so separating an element that doesn't exist within the infinite set is impossible."
  7. "However --- without limits, infinity does not exist."
    • This statement reiterates the idea that the concept of infinity depends on the existence of boundaries.
  8. "Regardless if a finite wall existed, a limitless world is meaningless before Ryougi Shiki."
    • This statement suggests that Ryougi Shiki can transcend the boundaries between finite and infinite, making the distinction between them irrelevant.
  9. "If there is no limit, then it is not infinity, but「 」."
    • This statement can be rephrased as: "If there is no boundary, then it is not an infinite set, but an empty set (Ø)."
  10. "If limits exist, then Ryougi would find it and cut away everything."
    • This statement suggests that Ryougi Shiki can identify and separate any boundary that exists, essentially reducing any set with limits to an empty set (Ø).
Due to the nature of 「 」as Emptiness without borders, the existence of infinite can't be true because it has higher levels of it. If it doesn't truly have higher levels, then the infinity isn't infinity but 「 」
Also the idea of Aleph-X being limited is wrong. Every single Aleph is infinite and cannot be properly measured/quantified. It's just that higher alephs are just higher tiers of infinity.
Yes every single aleph is infinite but there are higher levels of it which goes against what [ ] implies as True Infinity.
I don't think that should be the case. The root currently is 1A based on 3 justifications.
  • It's above dimensional theory
  • Negative theology
  • Transcendent of all concepts including binary oppositions and each concepts trace on immeasurably
If Root is separated from [ ], the root itself still has at least 1 justification for being 1A without contradictions. And I proved how the root can't be [ ]

To answer your points:
  • The Root and [ ] are separate, it's just the profile lumps them together
Which causes confusion.
  • Yes, there's no provided evidence that the Root on it's own, as in when it's defined, is 1-A
There are tho. Being transcendent of dimensional theory still makes it qualify for 1A. And whilst this isn't yet accepted on this wiki, Nasuverse apparently has an uncountable inf higher dimensions which the outer gods transcend and the root obviously transcends them along with the concept of taiji which captures everything on a conceptual level. THat's enough for 1A for itself.
  • I'm not sure what you mean with the last one. The point about other spaces is that while the Root is above them, its definable because someone mentioned it or reached it. Meaning that it's no longer [ ]. The Root can only ever be 1 level higher than the normal cosmology. If the normal cosmology isn't Low 1-A then the Root can never be 1-A.
Actually, the root being definable isn't a contradiction since the root isn't 「 」.

At this point I’m almost completely against the idea of negative theology and similar philosophical concepts being grounds for any tier.
This is kinda derailing tbh. Just give your thoughts regarding the post.

Which causes confusion.
If you want to split Root and [ ] I'm fine with it. It's just that the Root won't be 1-A.
Being transcendent of dimensional theory still makes it qualify for 1A
It does not. For one we have no idea what dimensional theory Nasuverse uses. The Japanese wording for the line also just says "Dimensional Theory" and not "All Dimensional Theory" before you bring that up again.

Transcending a 8-D universe makes you 9-D not Aleph-2.

Second

Q: What tier is transcending dimensions?​

A: As specified above, a "dimension" is nothing more than a set of values representing a given direction within a system, and a multi-dimensional space can itself be thought of as a multiplication of several "copies" of these sets. For instance, the 3-dimensional space in which we live is often visualized as the set of all 3-tuples of real numbers (Thus, taking its values from the real number line, R), and is thus the result of the iterated multiplication: R x R x R = R³, likewise, 4-dimensional space is the set of all 4-tuples of real numbers, and is thus equal to R x R x R x R = R⁴, and so on and so forth.

Practically speaking, this means that there is no limit for the number of dimensions which a space can have whatsoever, and one can construct spaces whose dimension corresponds to any cardinal number, including the infinite ones mentioned above. It is not even necessary for us to restrict ourselves to values taken from the real numbers, either: It is also possible to define the space of all n-tuples of cardinal numbers (Which takes its values from V, the class of all sets)

As a result, it is not at all feasible to take any statements involving a character existing "beyond dimensions" at face value, as this would lead to extremely inflated ratings largely dependent on No-Limits Fallacies. Therefore, such descriptors are to be evaluated while taking into account the number of dimensions which the verse has been shown to entertain; for example, a character stated to exist above physical dimensions in relation to a 4-dimensional cosmology would be Low 1-C with no further context.
We already have a very obvious rule regarding this. The Root is only Cosmology + 1. Not Cosmology + Infinitely stacked layers that can never reach it
Actually, the root being definable isn't a contradiction since the root isn't 「 」.
You're missing my point here. It being definable isn't the issue, it's that it being definable means it can't be 1-A. since the only reason [ ] is 1-A is because it is undefinable.

Infinity, in set theory, often refers to the concept of a set with an infinite number of elements, such as the set of natural numbers (ℕ). The 「 」is different.
You'd have to prove Nasuverse uses set theory.

Which you didn't.
In set theory
Set theory does not exist in Nasuverse
Due to the nature of 「 」as Emptiness without borders, the existence of infinite can't be true because it has higher levels of it. If it doesn't truly have higher levels, then the infinity isn't infinity but 「 」
[ ] is beyond everything else and nothing can reach it.

Everyone agrees on that. It's just not a High 1-A or 0 justification.

Yes every single aleph is infinite but there are higher levels of it which goes against what [ ] implies as True Infinity.
Literally every Aleph is a true infinity. A true infinity is just an unending series of numbers.
If Root is separated from [ ], the root itself still has at least 1 justification for being 1A without contradictions. And I proved how the root can't be [ ]
The Root has zero 1-A justifications as we've discussed multiple times. There's a reason why this thread topic has been rejected as much as it has.

Once again, I'm here to try my luck after gaining some experience regarding the tiering system and some misunderstanding regarding it and Nasuverse as a whole.

For this CRT, my intention is to implement certain ideas gotten from the philosophical study of Tao/Daoism into the Nasuverse's Swirl of The Root. I'm well aware that philosophical statements aren't held as objectively as mathematical constructs, but as far as I'm aware, if a certain verse uses information gotten directly from the philosophical concept or from a philosopher regarding the topic, then it's totally usable for tiering based on what the verse has shown with such philosophy. Fortunately, Nasuverse seems to be one of those few verses that actually implements these philosophical works directly to its cosmological structure.

In Kara no Kyoukai, the cosmology of Daoism/Taoism aka, Onmyōdō (Japanese) was directly referenced when Shiki's root of existence and personality was being discussed. As we know, Shiki's third personality is Swirl of the Root itself. Kinoko Nasu, the author overseer of Nasuverse, has repeatedly taken contents directly from Laozi's Tao Te Ching, which is basically the original writing about Taoism, its teachings, cosmology and way of life. In this CRT, I'm going to show how Taoism has a remarkably coherent and hyper-literal depiction of the Root’s nature, as each statement regarding the Root corresponds very closely to statements about Laozi's Tao/Daoism.

Looking at the similarities, it starts with this;

Everything that comes from the origin/the root is destined to return back to the root

which is also said in the source material:

Furthermore, the constant Taoism is ineffable for it is absolutely nothingness beyond descriptions

Which corresponds to the Nasuverse source material about the Root:

In the source material as well, the basis for the ineffability of the Root is predicated on it being absolute nothingness even where the name, "Swirl of The Origin" cannot be used to describe「 」because it is a name hence separate and inferior to「 」which denotes for Kara/Emptiness.

In the philosophical study of Taoism, there are two types of Tao; The Eternal Tao, also known as "Constant Tao," and the Tao (just Tao). The Tao can be named and described, but the Eternal Tao cannot be named and described

Tao can be spoken of as that which is spoken of as an aspect of divinity, but it doesn't apply to the one that cannot be spoken of, which is another aspect of divinity which has divine ineffability.

This is directly identical to how Swirl of The Root can be named and talked about but not the indescribable「 」

And again;

Nasuverse version;
main-qimg-5416fa454ee1067adc264ed1d71548b1

Swirl of The root represents "Tao," but the indescribable「 」represents the Constant/Eternal Tao.

Terms like "Akashic Records," Spiral of Origin, Swirl of The Root, etc are used to refer to the same divinity but a different aspect of it, to say it contains every record of existence is correct, but it doesn't refer to the aspect that cannot be spoken of as wholeness is a part of divinity just as much as ineffability is which is a different aspect that supersedes its other aspects and is the divinities true form. Some things can be said about divinity/the root/Tao, like it existing beyond dimensions.

fgzsTpt.png

....which would apply to some aspect of it but a lesser one that which the true form of it they can't be named, would still be separate and superior to it. This is further explained

Tao exists beyond Dualities, beyond distinction (yin and yang) and non-distinction (taiji) which In the source material its supported as well, True Emptiness being unrestricted from binary oppositions as a territory of freedom (this would include space-time because it's part of the distinctions that exist in yin and yang).
main-qimg-c2334301df59234b944bf4e325fe92d0

What it says about Taiji
main-qimg-dc62d7d096850c0aeeedae57b75f8262-lq

And then we have this from Tao/Dao

The indescribable「 」represents the oneness beyond distinction(yin-yang) and non-distinction(taiji). It's the complete totality of everything. It's neither transcendent of anything or transcending everything. Instead, it's everything, including the Swirl of Root. According to the Taoism description above, 「 」is the spiritual vessel itself, while Swirl of the Root is what's inside the vessel.

In Taoism, despite the number 0 being synonymous with emptiness, zero cannot be used to define the constant Tao as absolute nothingness.

...which corresponds directly to how「 」is viewed.
main-qimg-3624d5d79f35a62e552fa2321dffc383-lq

while Tao is what gives birth to One, Two, Three, etc

nSSIURd.jpg

The reason behind this is that「 」 represents the unnamed and imperceptible facet of the Divine, beyond the realm of human thought. It exists as a state that is neither the totality of God nor the void of nonexistence (0). It defies representation, as it can only be defined by the absence of information itself, without any binary digits whatsoever. I remember a character like God (Unsong) having this type of justification on his profile for tier 0.

From now on, please read everything very CAREFULLY.

In Nasuverse the concept of infinity is described this way through [ ]
main-qimg-6db986ac4ea554c09e7a50ea24996c78

And this is blatantly identical to what infinity is in Taoism;
main-qimg-f1c0ed2486afc48ab92358eefda17d1d

Basically, how to define infinity as infinite is to make it definite hence not infinity, because infinity is only infinity if infinity is incomprehensible hence「 」as they said in the last sentence in the scan above for「 」;

The entire scan shows that Infinity is a concept that refers to something without any limits or bounds whatsoever. The mathematical symbol we know it as is . However, simply having this symbol does not mean that it's 「 」, which is basically an idealized version of something without any limits whatsoever(something infinity isn't). It then notes that in order to make sense of infinity, we need to define limits.
A limit is a value that a sequence or function approaches as the input approaches a certain value or as the sequence continues indefinitely. For example, if we have the sequence 1/2, 3/4, 7/8, 15/16, ... then the limit of this sequence as it continues indefinitely is 1.

Without limits, infinity is undefined and cannot be observed. This is because infinity is not a number in the traditional sense - it is a concept that describes something that is unbounded and never-ending. However, no matter how "infinite" something is, whether countable or uncountable, or aleph 3,2,1,null etc it still would always have a limit. That's how we are able to differentiate between Aleph 1, 2, etc. And that's why we can observe infinity in certain contexts.
However, the statement then mentions Ryougi Shiki, described as "immersed in infinity". This means that she is in a situation where there is supposed to be no limits, and everything is unbounded and never-ending. However, Shiki is able to find a non-existent limit and sever it. To interpret this better, it's saying that Shiki was trapped in something infinite but that infinity still had a limit which is why Shiki is able to cut it down because there isn't really "infinity" if limits exists therefore, it's not really infinity.

This means that she is able to identify a boundary where there was none before and create a finite world within the infinite one.

In short, what the entire scan is saying is that infinity and its notions doesn't really exist. The very concept of infinity itself, whether it's in Aleph 3,2,1,null, etc would always have limits. But 「 」is the embodiment that surpasses such limit. Think about it again. Firstly, it claimed that limits do not exist in infinity so it's impossible to sever something that doesn't exist. However, without limits, infinity wouldn't exist either.

Basically;
  • There are no limits inside infinity.
  • But if there's no limit, infinity cannot exist. And that is because the conventional infinities and alephs we all know always have a limit to where they reach. Aleph 3 is lower than aleph 2 which is lower than aleph 1 and so on. This is why there are limits inside infinities.
That's why the final part of the scan then says, If there's actually no limit, then it's not infinity. Instead, it's「 」. That is because 「 」has an absolute superiority above the concept of infinity itself. It is what truly represents infinity. Ontologically, this makes「 」 represent either the True Infinity or above every sort of infinity based on how you interpret it. As long as it represents something that truly has no limits, then it's 「 」. That means Aleph 1,2,3,4, etc. And that is exactly the scan concludes that anything that has limits would always fall under the wrath of Shiki, who embodies「 」, for that is the only thing that embodies or supersedes the true limitless infinity.

This should make it at least High 1A. After all, the Swirl of Root is already 1A as it's above dimensional theory and I've proven that 「 」is different from Swirl of The Root via the blatant copy-like references cosmology-wise between Taoism and Swirl of the Root and the indescribable aspect being ontologically superior to the Swirl of Root making it at least High 1A.
Taoism's view on the concept of infinity, in general, has been discussed by numerous philosophists and Mathematicians comparing it to Georg Cantor's Absolute Infinity.
main-qimg-bbfd8f367c86bb04ded18ac6ac3848cf

But this direct comparison doesn't matter because I feel like people would still say that's not enough, and it's vague; the need for a direct statement is practically nigh irrelevant because the explanation of the infinity being ineffable is a direct comparison in itself, in a sense that absolute infinity also works like that with how it's strong Reflection Principle works.
main-qimg-7aa532b488df72e91e0a50e97a2e8ff5

main-qimg-da9c559f925def1e608fe6c78c4820f7

If the infinity is a collection of everything in V then trying to capture it one way or another positively, you'll fail because the characterization is satisfied by atleast one large cardinal or certain large sets in V; hence absolute infinity is only absolute infinity if it's ineffable. Basically the exact same way「 」was described.

Furthermore,「 」could qualify for Tier 0 based on the fact that 「 」is neither the totality of God nor the void of nonexistence (0). It defies representation, as it can only be defined by the absence of information itself, without any binary digits whatsoever.

Thinking again, Swirl of The Root has very identical justifications as God (Unsong).

Swirl of The Root (Proposed Justification)

Attack Potency
: Outerverse level (exists at the summit of dimensional theories[3], It is completely transcendent of the rest of reality, an unrestrained domain free from binary opposition[4] | High Outerverse level (The stygian「 」represents True Infinity itself which can't be reached by recursively stacking infinities to it because in order to define infinity as truly infinite, is to make it definite hence not infinity, because infinity is only infinity if infinity is incomprehensible). possibly Boundless (While spoken off as [Swirl of the Origin] because that term cannot accurately capture its true essence as「  」, as 「  」 is absolute nothingness that can't have a name and lacks any and all description to the point where one can only remain silent if one wishes to stray closer to such divinity. and any possible description or definition one could try giving is immediately separated into its own idea unrelated to「 」due to its ineffable and incomprehensible element existing independently of its definitions representing the most divine aspect that exists in a state that can't be properly described as 0 which is supposed to represent Emptiness and nonexistence from which all concepts sprang forth from a realm of freedom without boundaries which even names cannot exist within it.)

God (Unsong)

Due to possible contentions, rating it as High 1A rather than Tier 0 could be fine as well as long as you give convincing reasonings for it.

For any possible contentions, please discuss it in the comment section peacefully and hopefully, don't spam "Disagree FRA" because that honestly shows you weren't interested in the CRT and only made such a statement because of personal bias. Thank you.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:
Nasuverse wanker

It does not. For one we have no idea what dimensional theory Nasuverse uses. The Japanese wording for the line also just says "Dimensional Theory" and not "All Dimensional Theory" before you bring that up again.
I believe there are High 1B structures in the verse. Also, Outer Gods should be low 1A even though it isn't accepted yet. But yeah, the root transcends all of them.
Transcending a 8-D universe makes you 9-D not Aleph-2.
Never said otherwise.
Second

We already have a very obvious rule regarding this. The Root is only Cosmology + 1. Not Cosmology + Infinitely stacked layers that can never reach it
I dont understand what you mean here.
You're missing my point here. It being definable isn't the issue, it's that it being definable means it can't be 1-A. since the only reason [ ] is 1-A is because it is undefinable.
I personally disagree but I wouldn't force you to agree with me.

There are tho. Being transcendent of dimensional theory still makes it qualify for 1A. And whilst this isn't yet accepted on this wiki, Nasuverse apparently has an uncountable inf higher dimensions which the outer gods transcend and the root obviously transcends them along with the concept of taiji which captures everything on a conceptual level. THat's enough for 1A for itself
It’s transcendent of dimensional theory because of Apophatic theology. Without that it’s only at the peak of it

I don't like the idea of using IRL Tao to support your argument. Unlike Dimensional Theory, Tao is a philosophy that has wide and varies interpretation of many people. So better stick to the Tao that has been stated in the series instead of using the IRL Tao as supporting argument.

You'd have to prove Nasuverse uses set theory.

Which you didn't.
The [ ] has an identical description to how Taoism describes infinity which has been compared to be equivalent to Absolute Infinity.
[ ] is beyond everything else and nothing can reach it.

Everyone agrees on that. It's just not a High 1-A or 0 justification.
I gave another justification for High 1A even without the True Infinity stuff.
Literally every Aleph is a true infinity. A true infinity is just an unending series of numbers.
If the Root is 1A, and [ ] is an inaccessible cardinal to it, doesn't that make it High 1A?
The Root has zero 1-A justifications as we've discussed multiple times. There's a reason why this thread topic has been rejected as much as it has.
The previous thread was rejected because people weren't convinced that the root was different from [ ] but now, I gave much better justifications as to why they arent the same. It wasn't because they didn't believe the root couldn't be 1A without [ ].

Actually, you are interpreting this wrongly. It doesn't matter what size of the void Shiki was currently immersed in. We know it's infinite. But then, the scan diverts to the nature of [ ] and makes statements on how infinity can never be [ ] regardless of how large it could be;
  1. "Infinity is not「 」."
    • Infinity, in set theory, often refers to the concept of a set with an infinite number of elements, such as the set of natural numbers (ℕ). The 「 」is different.
  2. "In order to render infinity, one must define limits."
    • In set theory, limits are not necessary to describe infinite sets. However, we can think of this statement as: "In order to understand the concept of infinity, one must comprehend the idea of boundaries."
  3. "Without limits, infinity does not exist."
    • This can be interpreted as: "The notion of infinity relies on the existence of boundaries to differentiate between finite and infinite sets."
  4. "Infinity can be observed because objects possess limits."
    • This statement can be rephrased as: "The concept of infinity can be appreciated in contrast to the finite nature of specific objects or sets."
  5. "Ryougi Shiki was immersed in infinity, but found the non-existent limit and severed it."
    • It could be interpreted as: "Ryougi Shiki was surrounded by an infinite set, but discovered a boundary (which was thought to be non-existent) and separated it."
  6. "Of course, limits do not exist within infinity, thus one cannot sever something that does not exist."
    • This statement can be interpreted as: "Boundaries are not inherent to infinite sets, so separating an element that doesn't exist within the infinite set is impossible."
  7. "However --- without limits, infinity does not exist."
    • This statement reiterates the idea that the concept of infinity depends on the existence of boundaries.
  8. "Regardless if a finite wall existed, a limitless world is meaningless before Ryougi Shiki."
    • This statement suggests that Ryougi Shiki can transcend the boundaries between finite and infinite, making the distinction between them irrelevant.
  9. "If there is no limit, then it is not infinity, but「 」."
    • This statement can be rephrased as: "If there is no boundary, then it is not an infinite set, but an empty set (Ø)."
  10. "If limits exist, then Ryougi would find it and cut away everything."
    • This statement suggests that Ryougi Shiki can identify and separate any boundary that exists, essentially reducing any set with limits to an empty set (Ø).
Tbh i think we should not use this argument . Apparently it has alternate interpretations
ex1.png

ex2.png

I don't like the idea of using IRL Tao to support your argument. Unlike Dimensional Theory, Tao is a philosophy that has wide and varies interpretation of many people. So better stick to the Tao that has been stated in the series instead of using the IRL Tao as supporting argument.
That is exactly why I used Tao Te Ching's philosophy of Taoism which Nasu copied. The dimensional theory stuff is something mentioned in the verse and pertains to the Tao/Swirl of the root. It doesn't contradict anything.

The [ ] has an identical description to how Taoism describes infinity which has been compared to be equivalent to Absolute Infinity.
Which means nothing for a High 1-A or 0 rating when that isn't proved within the work itself.
I gave another justification for High 1A even without the True Infinity stuff.
The alternate thing you gave was rejected in your previous threads. There's not infinitely layered concepts and there's no concept of set theory mentioned in the work.
If the Root is 1A, and [ ] is an inaccessible cardinal to it, doesn't that make it High 1A?
It would, but The Root isn't 1-A. It's just Cosmology +1 or 1-C.
The previous thread was rejected because people weren't convinced that the root was different from [ ] but now
That's not why it was rejected. They were rejected because you said they were separate (which they are) and then tried to claim the Root was still 1-A when it has no evidence for it.

To comment on this thread, this just goes back on arguments that have already been rejected or the usage of philosophical concepts and then stretching it to the maximum tier without it being substantiated by the work itself
I'm pretty sure philosophical concepts arent rejected on this wiki as long as it has the right contexts. And I'm pretty sure I didn't stretch them to the "maximum" tier as I gave blatant comparisons between Tao/Dao and the Root which was also literally stated to be the case in the verse itself
PrNselD.jpg

It’s transcendent of dimensional theory because of Apophatic theology. Without that it’s only at the peak of it
Uhh what? The root is already beyond dimensional theory without apophatic theology. Again, Swirl of origin is not [ ] which has negative theology.

Tbh i think we should not use this argument . Apparently it has alternate interpretations
ex1.png

ex2.png
Ehhh...I think that's a pretty weird way to explain it considering stuffs like "the only thing that will absolutely exist forever" was not even implied. It's just talking about the vastness of [ ].

Ehhh...I think that's a pretty weird way to explain it considering stuffs like "the only thing that will absolutely exist forever" was not even implied. It's just talking about the vastness of [ ].
the dude who explained it to me is quite knowledgable in old nasu lore, but is hardly active. I would try to ask him again if he comes.

Which means nothing for a High 1-A or 0 rating when that isn't proved within the work itself.
I showed multiple scans where its shown that Nasu copied stuffs from TTC's philosophical Taoism including this infinity stuff.
The alternate thing you gave was rejected in your previous threads. There's not infinitely layered concepts and there's no concept of set theory mentioned in the work.
Infinite layered concepts were never rejected. This wiki acknowledges inf layered concepts in Nasuverse. Moreover, I was talking about the other High 1A/0 justification.
That's not why it was rejected. They were rejected because you said they were separate (which they are) and then tried to claim the Root was still 1-A when it has no evidence for it.
It does have 1A justifications😭
I blame Nasu fans here for not properly understanding how the root works

Welp, since most of us aren't ready to agree with each otherregarding the infinity part of the High1A justification, what do you think about the other justification (boundless)?

I'm about to sleep now. Hopefully I don't get overwhelmed by the amounts of comments here tomorrow.

showed multiple scans where its shown that Nasu copied stuffs from TTC's philosophical Taoism including this infinity stuff.
No, you showed examples of Taoism and it's comparison to Cantor sets IRL. Which has nothing to do with Nasu.

Infinite layered concepts were never rejected. This wiki acknowledges inf layered concepts in Nasuverse.
It was, because you brought up infinite layered concepts as a previous High 1-A justification and it was rejected. Nasuverse accepts that some stuff is layered, not that there's an infinite amount of larger concepts.

do you think about the other justification (boundless)?
It's just 1-A. Even if the Root was 1-A (which it isn't) then the justification of it is just High 1-A.

Also, Outer Gods should be low 1A even though it isn't accepted yet
Not all of them. I would also like to make a remark. It is worth considering that the statements in KnK and Tsukihime were made a VERY long time ago (if I remember correctly, then more than ten years ago). Since then, Nasu has changed a lot. I could say that the Root was limited only to the Nasu universe (since in FGO, which now dictates the canon of the series, it has never been claimed that 'existence' encompasses other universes as well [as the universe of Outer Gods]), but I'll just say that the statements are too vague and there are some things that are trite to claim that the Root\Emptiness without a description is not as comprehensive as they try to imagine it.

No, you showed examples of Taoism and it's comparison to Cantor sets IRL. Which has nothing to do with Nasu.
Again, I showed how identical the explanation of infinity was in [ ] to what is told about in Taoism. Then the infinity is Taoism is repeatedly compared to Absolute infinite
It was, because you brought up infinite layered concepts as a previous High 1-A justification and it was rejected. Nasuverse accepts that some stuff is layered, not that there's an infinite amount of larger concepts.
Once again, inf layered concepts wasn't rejected. The entire thread was rejected because people didn't want to separate the root from [ ] and there are infinite amounts of larger concepts.
Screenshot_20220228_175230.jpg
Screenshot_20220228_175542.jpg

It's just 1-A. Even if the Root was 1-A (which it isn't) then the justification of it is just High 1-A.
I know. What I wanted to say is that even if we took a pause on the Absolute Infinity stuff, and replaced with the boundless justifications (which would be High 1A now), what are your thoughts on that part?

Not all of them. I would also like to make a remark. It is worth considering that the statements in KnK and Tsukihime were made a VERY long time ago (if I remember correctly, then more than ten years ago). Since then, Nasu has changed a lot. I could say that the Root was limited only to the Nasu universe (since in FGO, which now dictates the canon of the series, it has never been claimed that 'existence' encompasses other universes as well [as the universe of Outer Gods]), but I'll just say that the statements are too vague and there are some things that are trite to claim that the Root\Emptiness without a description is not as comprehensive as they try to imagine it.
We've talked about this before. Nothing in the Nasuverse can ever scale to [ ] and like you're implying, I don't think Nasu has ever contradicted or retconned it. Outer Gods including Yog are being suppressed by a force which we know is due to the Root's existence so its impossible for Yog to scale above it.

We've talked about this before. Nothing in the Nasuverse can ever scale to [ ] and like you're implying, I don't think Nasu has ever contradicted or retconned it. Outer Gods including Yog are being suppressed by a force which we know is due to the Root's existence so its impossible for Yog to scale above it.
I'm not talking within the terms of scaling. I am saying that the Root has often been described as the source of events and phenomena for "this world" and, at the same time, some things, like Outer Gods, exist outside of "this world" completely. I wanted to say that Nasu at one point played with the canons of other verses, while not changing these canons. I have nothing against the fact that the Root will have a 1-A or a High 1-A, but there is no need to attribute to the Root a controversial ABSOLUTE universality over everything in general that was shown in the Nasuverse.

I'm not talking within the terms of scaling. I am saying that the Root has often been described as the source of events and phenomena for "this world" and, at the same time, some things, like Outer Gods, exist outside of "this world" completely. I wanted to say that Nasu at one point played with the canons of other verses, while not changing these canons. I have nothing against the fact that the Root will have a 1-A or a High 1-A, but there is no need to attribute to the Root a controversial ABSOLUTE universality over everything in general that was shown in the Nasuverse.
No. The root is the source for all things that exists in the Nasuverse. Yog-Sothoth exists in it. Also it's not stated that its the phenomena of "this world." Instead, it's stated to be the source and phenomena "outside" or "beyond" this world
unknown.png

It's literally stated to be the origin of all creation where all things were decided
Screenshot_20230311_040559.jpg

Outer gods exist in the Outer universe. A universe located far away from the regular universe just like the root is except that the Root is stated to be the creation of literally everything. Like I said earlier, Yog-Sothoth doesn't have free access to the regular universe because there's a certain "force" restricting it. And if that certain force is able to restrict it, then it doesn't scale above the root.

Outer gods exist in the Outer universe. A universe located far away from the regular universe just like the root is except that the Root is stated to be the creation of literally everything. Like I said earlier, Yog-Sothoth doesn't have free access to the regular universe because there's a certain "force" restricting it. And if that certain force is able to restrict it, then it doesn't scale above the root.
Yog-Sothoth have free access since it exists as everything.
When Abigail was summoned as a Servant, various factors intervened, and she successfully made a connection with an evil god whose existence has yet to be proven in this universe: the All-in-One and One-in-All. And so, as a faithful vessel of the outer god and calling herself the "Gate of Dreams," the girl is a Foreigner possessing strong powers.
No. The root is the source for all things that exists in the Nasuverse. Yog-Sothoth exists in it. Also it's not stated that its the phenomena of "this world." Instead, it's stated to be the source and phenomena "outside" or "beyond" this world
unknown.png
Your scan directly claims that Root exists outside of this world and is the source of everything in this world. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back