• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 20190304-012350 Fate GO
Caster Gil is capable of using the presence concealment skill at the EX rank. This is unexpected, but pretty cut and dry, so if no one has any issues I can add it.

I agree with Regis. It does come off more as a joke. Besides, Gil doesn't have feats of reality warping, which is needed to a limited degree for that level of Presence Concealment, using SF True Assassin as a base.

Solacis said:
I agree with Regis. It does come off more as a joke. Besides, Gil doesn't have feats of reality warping, which is needed to a limited degree for that level of Presence Concealment, using SF True Assassin as a base.
You don't need reality warping to have EX presence concealment. Hassan's logia powers with shadows are just one showing of "becoming one with the environment"

True Assassin's PC is worded as "becoming one with the World". Notice the capitalization. That's a feat of reality warping. Minor, but still.

I know. I was specifying that the translation of TA's PC capitalized the "W" in "World", which means that it's referring to reality instead of the planet.

Solacis said:
True Assassin's PC is worded as "becoming one with the World". Notice the capitalization. That's a feat of reality warping. Minor, but still.
I know, but what that really means in actuality is that they fuse with the environment, and in Hassan of The Yami Yami no Mi's case he does this by generating and becoming one with shadows. Not so much reality warping as logia powers. He can also move people's limbs without them noticing as well. He is more akin to a combo of blackbeard and that one dude from the 8 precepts of death.

If it was just manipulating shadows, he wouldn't have been able to clearly write a message right in front of Faldeus, who watched it get written, in a brightly lit room and not be seen. PC's never been outright invisibility, despite the stealth shenanigans pulled off by its users. Faldeus knew someone was there, saw proof of their presence, and wasn't able to perceive TA despite being a presumably top-tier magus. That, plus the wording on the profile, means its something akin to Merlin's Illusions tricking the World into thinking something is there when it isn't, but inversed.

I know it isnt just shadow manipulation, as it still has the presence erasing properties as well, but the part with him "fusing with the world" is basically just logia stuff in application. I meant beyond just standard stealth stuff in a high degree.

Ok, your use of greek (edit: one piece references) is really throwing me off.

Presence Concealment EX is really a thing up to interpretation, but to me it seems really clear-cut as an inverse of Merlin's Illusionism skill. The World is effectively just the fabric of reality given a special name, and so anything that directly affects or interacts with it is inherently reality warping. What makes PC EX so ridiculous is precisely because reality itself is bending to accomodate SF Hassan's desire to hide his presence.

@Solacis

I would first like to say that not all presence concealment EX will necessarily be done the same, but I think you are partially right in the case of Hassan.

King Hassan minus his curse are EX, but seem to work differently from the way that Hassan of Yami Yami no Mi does it. Not to mention MHX's sealed presence concealment which is apparently EX rank when unsealed

Iapitus The Impaler said:
MHX's sealed presence concealment which is apparently EX rank when unsealed
It's unsealed once the conditions are met:

1. She is in the kitchen

2. The kitchen has Shirou in it

3. Shirou is cooking

4. It is for taking Shirou's food

Unfortunately, that skill will never come to pass because of the reason MHX is hellbent on killing all Saberfaces. Servant-verse Shirou died of overwork from being the one-stop food shop for all Saberfaces across the galaxy.

If there is an issue like that you can just fix it. I missread one of the profiles, but if there are minor errors you don't need any kind of approval to fix, so just go ahead

Why... my King... 180+ SQs and I got spooked by ******* RAMA.

TWICE.

I've been baited. I've been baited so hard and now there's absolutely no way I'll be able to even attempt at rolling for Okita... Forgive me, my waifu...

^Implying Arthur isn't a Waifu. :v

Also, Seraph is probably the most pain in the ass event in FGO. But finishing it was so damn satisfying. Finally got the first....and probably the only Moon Cancer Servant I will ever get.

Things to note about my king who answered my call (Arthur... though Cas Gil answered too) so far:

1. Proto Merlin called him a Red Dragon... so dragon core.

2. He never died. He was a king leading the knights of the round, then he was a solitary knight, then he answered a call to the grail war, and when he killed the beast twice, he was granted access to Avalon, but was rejected by Proto Merlin and sent out again.

3. He has a talisman to counter the poison that knocked Guda out despite Mashu's poison resistance... or something. He has a talisman.

One thing I'm confused about is relevant to your second point.

Did he actually die? I get that his story, in terms of major events, was more or less the same as Arturia's, so everything up to Camlann is the same. The problem is that Arthur himself states that he never formed a contract with the World, which begs the question:

How was he summoned into the Prototype HGWs if he never died?

Did his world-hopping thing just suddenly start when he was about to die and yeeted him into the Grail War?

Probably. Idk at the moment.

It's notable that he made a slip of tongue when describing himself. He said he was a 'heroic sp- rather, a servant with a spirit origin' or something of the sort. He also can't be detected by Chaldea despite being literally beside Guda, to which he thinks its because his spirit origin doesn't exist in that universe.

So in my sleep deprived state earlier, I had a random thought of self-inserts which lead to how does CS scale for mind manip? Gil laughs off 6 billion mind melting curses but Tokiomi's command makes him pause while Saber can barely resist one but can't take Angra's mud.

Gil paused because he didn't expect Tokiomi to have dared to command him and became furious. He wasn't forced to stop, he just decided that confronting Tokiomi for his insult was more important than putting down some deranged mutt.

Gilgamesh's ego is large enough that command seals only serve to make him use up his Independent Action.

Apparently, Fate/Requiem has been translated and a juicy tidbit that someone posted from it is that the moon landing marked the end of humanity's desire to reach stuff; the world beyond the seas, the skies, space, all that jazz.

Servant Neil Armstrong with Pioneer of the Stars is legit.

If only Pioneer of the Stars was actually a hidden and powerful Amstrong family technique, passed down the generations and only scantly lended at times to those that have proved worthy...

Why doesn't Tiamat have Regenerationn? All servants pretty much have Mid-Low right?

Never heard of Aheseutus, but the Flying Dutchman? I'm guessing he's a Rider, and his depiction was awesome.

And Kundry can project the Lance of Longinus, apparently, though nowhere near the quality of the original despite the lance not being a divine construct.

Shirou Emiya: How cute.

Q: What do the Quality/Quantity/Composition of Regression to the Age of Gods mean in Beowulf's profile? Do Ploys, Arcueid, and Heroic Spirits have such designations? And what would their number be?
A: Regression to the Age of Gods represents the extend at which they are capable of reproducing the Mysteries that existed on Earth before True Magic. Consider it to be like that, their own style of Magical Circuits. Quality represents "how distant from what humans are capable of" their pure Mysteries are. Quantity represents power. The higher the quantity, the greater the degree of influence over the surrounding environment. Since Beowulf only has a quantity of C, he can only display his power to an individual, or over a village. Composition represents the era of the "Mystery". In terms of magecraft, it would be like Rune, Kabbalah, Black Magic and such. Ploys are not of Age of Gods, so they cannot be assigned a number in Regression to the Age of Gods.

For Arcueid... Princess Arcueid should qualify. "Quality: B Quantity: A++ Composition: Before Common Era, pseudo-deified natural phenomenon"
So I found this interesting thing from the TYPE-MOON Fes. Official Pamphlet's 10th Anniversary Q&A Booklet.

Probably the most specific explanation we have on the topic of Mystery. Although, based on the explanation, Servants are actually pretty low on the Mystery totem pole, huh.

Based on what I can understand:

> Quality = How far the mystery is removed from human capability.

> Quantity = How much the mystery can affect the environment.

> Composition = How far "into the Age of Gods" or "away from the Common Era" was the origin of the mystery. Romani even mentioned similar terms when he said "Reversion to the Age of Gods has reached the Jurassic Age!" referring to Tiamat.

Sera EX said:
Why doesn't Tiamat have Regenerationn? All servants pretty much have Mid-Low right?
She should have it. She regenerated from the wounds she received from the Underworld when she began her escape, right before Gramps chopped her wing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back