• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reversion and Regression are the same. It's just the localisation using another term.

I wouldn't say that Servants are low on the totem pole as some Servants are from the AOG and some have Nps on the level of Divine Spirits. Them not qualifying for regression doesn't mean that much as regular Arc doesn't have it either.

Yeah, I realized that after a bit of thinking. They should at least be around or above Lugh Beowulf's level, but on another note, Mystery isn't the biggest deciding factor in strength anyway.

Solacis said:
Q: What do the Quality/Quantity/Composition of Regression to the Age of Gods mean in Beowulf's profile? Do Ploys, Arcueid, and Heroic Spirits have such designations? And what would their number be?
A: ~Snip
That is a very awsome explaination, we've had so little to explain how Mystery works and to find that is kinda awsome.

Dude, try not to quote walls of text for no good reason. Makes the loading time longer, the thread longer, and the time it takes to scroll down and me not procrastinating from work longer.

Uh....no? ^^;

Pretty sure Kama isn't the only one like that? FAIK and with Ever, it looks like that with Quetz's case. Not sure what you mean if it's not that unless it's like say, Caenis lol.

Who's the first girl-is-now-a-guy servant in Fate then?

On another note, looking through the Type Moon wikia, it strikes me a bit odd that Arturia qualifies for Lancer and Rider, but Arthur only qualifies for Saber. A hyper specialization that lets him go farther than Arturia perhaps?

No one? Cuz I don't ever recall such a Servant like that unless they're alluding me.

Either that or I really don't get what you're asking at all.

Edit: Okay I think I think I kinda get what you're asking, I was still referring to how Kama is a male deity but is possibly in a situation like that of Rider (Quetzalcoatl) or Caenis but never have I heard about a Servant whose a girl but now is a guy in Fate. There might be one but AFAIK on my end, I've never recalled any nor seem to if I have.

Translation by Taiboo.

Kama's Profile:

Also called Kamadeva, the god of love in Indian mythology. Originally a male deity. He has manifested by possessing a certain young girl who seems familiar to the eye. This could be related to the girl's original special characteristic and the existence of another goddess who is also a Pseudo-Servant like her.

Able to arouse love and lust in whomever is shot, he possesses a sugarcane bow and arrows adorned with flowers. Kama is famous for the anecdote where he shot the God Shiva, who was focused on his meditation, to get him to notice the feelings of the goddess who was his wife. Of course, his proper class should be Archer, but...?

Kama feels underwhelming tbh. Not that excited for the event either, the story might surprise me though as Nasu always writes good stuff when Kiara is invovlved. Hopefully we get some more info on Trishula and Shiva.

Case Files collab hype. Hopefully Gray is going to be a welfare.

Babylonia trailer looked good, no Quetz though which is sad.

Apparently Babylonia is going to be focused on Mashu and Gudao while Camelot will focus on Bedivere.

I just realised something. If all Magus have resistance to magic, doesn't that mean that all at least decently competent Casters should have magic resistance?

Fate/stay night VN, Unlimited Blade Works, Day 7
The disorder is revealed, as if it was carefully timed.

"Boundary field!"

The sky is tinted red.

My body is numbed just by breathing in the red air surrounding the school.

…It doesn't affect magi that can create magical energy inside their bodies, but people with scarce magical energy will faint just by breathing it in and should eventually die.

Magi resist Bloodfort Andromeda via creating magical energy in their bodies; i.e. channeling Od through their circuits, in most cases.

A quote from FGO:
Hans: You saw that light at nine o'clock? There's no doubt that the King of the Storm manifested.

Hans: Not even a Servant would be able to maintain their Spirit Origin next to a Noble Phantasm like that.
Spirit Origins are the FGO-equivalent of the Fuyuki Grail system's class containers, no? Or is it the 'piece' of the original Heroic Spirit that's inserted into the class container?

Either way, what does that mean for Rhongomyniad to be capable of affecting/damaging them directly? Durability Negation? Soul Manipulation?

Spirit Origin is essentially the core framework of a Saint Graph, the latter being the foundation of a Servant. Think of it as background processes that allow an application to work.

If a Saint Graph is damaged, you can't use that to resummon that Servant anymore without a new Graph.

Spoilers:

Spirit Origins have been altered before. Da Vinci into his female self. Scathach with the Summer Servants. Archer Herakles doubled into an Avenger in Strange Fake. Why is it not done often when it could save us the trouble many times? It's messing with code. You don't do that. Scathach doesn't even know how to revert the code.

Lostbelt Anastasia was corrupted so her self on the Throne don't get the memories from there.

Lostbelt Spartacus' was irreparably damaged upon punching a meteor so he can't be resummoned without a new one.

I appreciate the in-depth explanation, but I'm a bit more interested in the answer to my second question since it's more directly related to the wiki.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I just realised something. If all Magus have resistance to magic, doesn't that mean that all at least decently competent Casters should have magic resistance?
Nop, they don't have that. Magi and other similar beings are resistant to magical energy, not so much to magecraft. Think it like how Caster can wash away magical spells with her pure energy, because even though 'liquid' magic energy has no business affecting 'solid' spells, her magical energy is a massively powerful torrent that destroys the 'sand castle' that is their spells. Magic Resistance is resisting those solid spells, Magi only resist the liquid because they themselves have magical energy.

Stuff like Bloodfort Andromeda are special cases.

Cursed Arm Hassan should be higher via their durks, and this should apply to basically every Hassan, however, all most of the higher Hassan are able to keep up with other servants loosely anyway so it mostly applies to them. They all use the same durks, and we know that they all have the capacity to harm higher servants by landing well placed blows, and can be used to block attacks from them with enough skill. Cursed Arm Hassan, even while in their weakest forms, are still able to threaten higher servants in great numbers, thus they should at least be able to deal chip damage, which makes sense considering their durks.
By the way, what are y'alls thoughts on this ^

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Why would Bloodfort Andromeda be a special case? Rin recognizes it as a form of magecraft, and the resistance is born via channelling magical energy through the body.

I have a question, does anyone know if there is any progress on the translation of the other volumes of Lord El-Melloi II Case Files? I have the first and I am really happy to see more of the Magus side of fate so I was curious if anything was done.

Cursed Arm Hassa
great numbers
Hmmm. Pick one.

Dirks are fine. Even Sasaki's shit tier washing pole can decapitate Arturia if he hits. Sharp things are a force multiplier.

Re: Bloodfort Andromeda, I think it's a case of magi being capable of recognizing magecraft being used and therefore can act on it while a normie can't.

Re: Saint Graph, I dunno. I'm leaning more on the soul, as they're basically soul copies in containers.

So I asked the Beast Lair denizens about Saint Graphs and Spirit Origins.

Apparently, they're the same thing.

Every partly-spiritual being has a Saint Graph, and the SG contains all of the information on the spiritual body/soul, which then influences the physical body/container. For Servants, the information includes things like memories, history/mystery, NPs, etc. For magi, it's stuff like their own memories, history, their Element and Origin, maybe magic circuits too.

The SG can be altered and modified, and as long as its recorded, the state can be restored. For Servants in Chaldea, so long as the Saint Graph is recorded, they can be re-summoned with all of their memories up until the last recorded state. King of like save states in an emulator, and the Servant is the game, in a way.

So what kind of ability would that give Rhongomyniad? Information manipulation, I think. Combat-applicable soul manipulation too, technically speaking.

TL;DR = The Saint Graph is basically spiritual DNA. Rhon is more busted than before.

JBennett said:
I have a question, does anyone know if there is any progress on the translation of the other volumes of Lord El-Melloi II Case Files? I have the first and I am really happy to see more of the Magus side of fate so I was curious if anything was done.
As of right now, everything up to Volume 2, Chapter 3, part 2 is translated.

So could Casters with a high amount of mana be able to wash away spells and resist magic too?
Maybe? We don't see many do this, and specifically it was pulled off by Medea, one of the 5 top magi in history while casually shooting tons of energy rays with only one possessing 3 times Shirou's entire energy supply. She specifically notes how far less complex and powerful spells are compared to her time, so replicating that on spells on a Servant level is likely impossible.

@Solacis Bloodfort Andromeda, even when Medusa was boosted under Sakura, needed her to weaken Archer before she could actually affect him. Other Servants, at least with sufficient magical energy, would be able to pull the same thing off, with more energy meaning they would take more time. Again, a special case.

Anyway, normal mages have a resistance against spells with only a spiritual component (mainly those compulsion effects to make people forget, or sleep or hypnotize) because they try to affect the person by sending magical energy into them. Different from physical phenomena like invoking a flame and chuking it at someone.

Maybe for the first and the last, not for Gil. Remember that he's incredibly wise and intelligent, even in magical matters, but he himself is no magus. And even if his vault is reduced, I would think it more likely he has an artifact to help him against spells.

Solacis said:
So I asked the Beast Lair denizens about Saint Graphs and Spirit Origins.
Yes the 2 are the same, it just that the spirit origin is a blank saint graph. I think this was explain in Tamamo's interlude and in Extella Link as well.

It was explain here by WaifuHunter.

@Gremmy
I meant Hundred Faced, you know that kek. And do you mean fine in that they should be upgraded?
I dunno. They get shat on physically. Just that the physical advantage is mitigated by pointy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back