• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I think Ryukyu is the big problem, because she "injured" the High-Ends. So her being 7-C doesn't make much sense, even though I don't think that counts as injuring, but Shigaraki can knock her out in one hit. I mean Ryukyu shouldn't be scaling to them because all she did was hold it in place with the help of some other Pro Heroes.

I don't see any reason why Mirko and Crust scaling would be bad though. Just note that if these High-Ends are 8-A, Endeavor is consciously choosing to hold back a lot of power for no reason. Especially considering the last time he fought a talking Nomu, I just find that hard to swallow.

Note: They'd without a doubt downscale somewhat, they're heavily implied to be inferior to Hood, but they can take a hit from Endeavor.

That's fine Ryukyu has no business scaling anyway as whatever damage she did to the HE was minimal and with claws which have smaller surface area and even then she's shown to be inferior to Enji and Deku in durability at the very least.

I might make a CRT about this tbh.

I just don't think My Hero Scaling works with calcs, so many of the characters are comparable to each other and can directly fight against and are shown to be close to the Top Tiers, that's what makes this all so hard

can i get a link to the thread that deemed the cloud split as an outlier? cant find it
I don't remember, but the problem was that the feat was recalced at 434.33 Gigatons. Which is over thousands of times higher than the second highest feat in the verse, which is 5.4 Megatons or 0.0054 Gigatons.

I just don't think My Hero Scaling works with calcs, so many of the characters are comparable to each other and can directly fight against and are shown to be close to the Top Tiers, that's what makes this all so hard
That is also true. It seems to work on real world logic of someone could be beat by death by a thousand cuts (which is why I personally don't like 7C or even 8A Hawks) like with the High Ends for example or even if you're slower you can still react somewhat in combat, or that it takes different kinds of durability for certain attacks.

The anime scene doesn't actually show him destroying the mountain in one hit. The attack we saw was the initial attack he sent against Gran Torino, which is why he's injured. After that I'm positive that he just ran through the mountain, which made that large crater.
What...? What proof do you have of that? The only evidence we have is the anime showing Gigantomachia performing a single hit against the ground, any more assumptions are completely baseless.

Gigantomachia's feat should stay.

What...? What proof do you have of that? The only evidence we have is the anime showing Gigantomachia performing a single hit against the ground, any more assumptions are completely baseless.

Gigantomachia's feat should stay.
Because Gran Torino is injured, and we see another shot of Machia reaching towards him as he runs away. Either Gran Torino got hit by that 7-B feat, or Machia launched multiple attacks.

Why can Machia perform a 7-B feat without an order, yet with orders he's only 8-A? There's nothing that actually proves that attack destroyed the mountain. It also very clearly matches the destruction he makes when running.

Last edited:

You know what the anime also does? Completely cut away after that first hit.

That does not imply that was the only hit Gigantomachia used, or that the first hit was even what caused the "7-B feat" since we don't see the direct results of it at the time.

So we've agreed to remove all separations of Physicals and Quirks in AP right?

Because Physical Attacks and Supernatural Powers shouldn't be separated in AP at all BTW, even if one's Physicals is far weaker than their Supernatural Powers, Physical Attacks and Supernatural Powers should really only be separated in Striking Class and Durability, as those are the only ratings that specifically require a mention of Physical Attacks

AP doesn't need to mention Physicals at all

Because Physical Attacks and Supernatural Powers shouldn't be separated in AP at all BTW, even if one's Physicals is far weaker than their Supernatural Powers, Physical Attacks and Supernatural Powers should really only be separated in Striking Class and Durability, as those are the only ratings that specifically require a mention of Physical Attacks

I agree on that especially since most people with good quirks won't even use that base physical stat so it's pretty worthless.

While Attack Potency doesn't specifically require a mention of their physical AP, it doesn't really hurt to have it for most profiles. If people want to remove it, that's fine, but I don't see it as very necessary.

You know what the anime also does? Completely cut away after that first hit.
We know that the feat had to occur in a very short amount of time since the rock dust has not yet settled, and between the sound of Gigantomachia's and the fact that the dust is still there despite Gran Torino had already escaped, Gigantomachia had like what, 30 seconds to ran through that mountain? That's already faster than what Horikoshi consider him to be.

If the feat is considered an outlier because Gigantomachia shouldn't be this strong without AFO's orders then that's fine by me.

While Attack Potency doesn't specifically require a mention of their physical AP, it doesn't really hurt to have it for most profiles. If people want to remove it, that's fine, but I don't see it as very necessary.
I just really hate the formatting of it for specifically AP as that rating is for one's destructive capacity, it just feels mega unnecessary when nothing in AP requires a mention of a physical stat unlike Striking Class and Durability, which are very much specific between Physicals and Supernatural Powers, I mean most characters who are fodder physically hardly ever use their physical attacks anyways

If I had the power, I would remove all separation of Physicals from Supernatural Powers in the AP of every profile that has it

Is this really necessary? We are we making the profiles more confusing?
Majority of the characters who'd actually be affected by this don't even use their physical stats for AP (the only one who does is Bakugou and it's getting increasingly rare for him to do so) and the profiles as they are now are pretty inconsistent with showing physical AP and not showing it.

I agree as well, there's no reason for it. Just a bunch of clutter that's unneeded, I know why it's put like that, but we aren't even consistent with it on MHA profiles.

Bakugo, Hawks, Shoto, and Overhaul aren't rating with physical AP and then Quirk AP.

And I just don't like how it looks, but yeah that's my weakest reasoning but whatever.

@TheRustyOne Overhaul does have a distinction between his physical strength and the spikes.

But yeah, having many profiles at Unknown is not a good idea either, what profiles need to be corrected?

So we should just take Ryukyu's Dragon Form into account? What about Mt. Lady then?

Mt Lady is 8C (for being a Pro which is kinda weird but not too bad). If Ryukyu is unknown we should just use her dragon form (and I'd prefer the same for Mt Lady) since we only use the High Ends and All Might with their quirks.

So we should just take Ryukyu's Dragon Form into account? What about Mt. Lady then?
It's really just for the profiles with Unknown physical stats, those with actual feats and stats for physicals can be left alone I guess, we can choose to mention that Ryukyu's Rating is based solely on her Dragon Form Stats

Yeah, I guess it stopped working all together after Fandom changed to UCP.

I'm pretty sure it's still thread manipulation.

Jeanist should have either 8-A+ with Carbon Fiber via non order Machia scaling, or he just scales to a serious Machia. As even with Shigaraki's order Machia is struggling to break free. He's clearly giving it everything he's got and he's only just breaking the cables, though Jeanist is having a very hard time as well he is still holding.

I don't think normal thread Jeanist should be 8-A, Mount Lady wasn't resisting his threads and honestly she wasn't even able to react to it. Him being comparable to Ryukyu and Hawks is unfounded, I don't know off the top of my head what his normal threads should be rated as besides Unknown.

Also his lifting strength needs to note that his normal fibers are Class K via throwing a giant Mount Lady who has Class K weight. And At least Class M with Carbon Fiber as he can restrain Machia and hold the Tokyo Sky Egg.

Back