• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following conclusions of this and this.

So, as many are aware, the multiplier for All Might’s feat against the USJ Nomu has been accepted. This thread will be for discussing the scaling and all other things pertaining to the multiplier.

First up is the two heroes graph.

This I feel is pretty simple. Some claim that the graph is an accurate representation of All Might’s power, and as such a 5x multiplier can be reasoned out by following the numbers, but I disagree. The numbers and terms used to quantify him are largely unknown, and we don’t know the exact correlation of them to his attack potency or durability. The best we can determine is that the graph is judging him based on his “overall performance” or “Quirk numbers,” which in itself doesn’t lend itself to being a linear multiplier.

From the Multipliers page: “Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else. That means, for example, that if a verse has powerlevels or statistics, the doubling of a statistic or power level should not be concluded to correspond to the power of the character doubling, unless it is clearly specified to work that way.”

In the same vein of “power levels” not being direct measurements of “x is y times stronger than z,” this graph really shouldn’t be considered for our purposes of scaling, at least in my opinion.

Second up and the most obvious: who scales to the new multiplier.

Naturally, Prime All Might will be at this level. His weakened self is the one who noted and quantifies the strength gap between them, and so it’s quite clear cut and dry. Weakened AM can take hits from Masked AFO which can hurt Endeavor, yadda yadda, he’s High 6-C (139.35 Gigatons) and so his Prime key will be 6-B (8.361 Teratons).

Next up is then Completed Post-Surgery Shigaraki and Final War Arc Deku. Shigaraki’s body is Prime AM level as stated numerous times and Deku can hold off, grapple and fight him without any additives such as Gearshift (and with Gearshift he completely thrashed Shigaraki’s evolved state). Deku will also get a higher rating for his Fa Jin/Overdrive (41.8 Teratons) due to stacking the energy of his punches.

Next is a funky one as I believe that while Prime All For One obviously scales to Prime All Might, I think it’s not as clear cut as that. He was terrified of All Might’s strength, making plans for what he believed to be his inevitable death, and the battle as far as we know ended with AM getting one good hit in and crushing his skull with it. It’s likely he defended himself with Quirks rather than straight up tanked hits with his body, especially since AM seemingly was running through his attacks as a strategy and it worked. So I’d advocate for a “likely 6-B” rating.

There are other options tho, which obviously leads to the next person on the list: Final War Arc - Full Dark Tokoyami who was able to make Rewind All For One terrified of him to the point of noting he needed to dodge him at all costs. Despite being in his prime state physically, he was overpowered and slammed by Tokoyami, which creates three options for how we see Tokoyami and AFO.

1) Rewind Prime AFO (before he gets younger) isn’t crazy durable without his Prime Quirks, so he just scales to High 6-C along with Tokoyami, no 6-B.

2) Rewind AFO keeps his Prime durability, which we assume can survive All Might’s hits, so we rate Tokoyami as “likely 6-B” with Rewind AFO’s strongest Quirks at that level as well for managing to force him back.

3) His Prime self is High 6-C, 6-B with Quirks, leaving Rewind AFO as just High 6-C, higher with Quirks and no one scales to likely 6-B at all.

I’ll leave that up to the thread to decide which to go with.

And lastly, USJ Nomu gets “up to Country level with Shock Absorption” because he can take a total of 5 hits from Prime AM.

That’s about it. Bakugo will not be discussed here because his Second Awakening needs more feats before it can even be it’s own key let alone have a rating.

AFO is a normal human without his Quirks, we don't know what his rating would be in such a case.

We don't even know how strong Prime AFO is, since he's without a doubt inferior to Prime All Might by a massive degree. All Might doesn't dodge and just blindly charges through. The only confirmed damage we know AFO did was blasting the hole through him. Which could've been done with a dura negation Quirk.

Rewind AFO is just stronger than his Weakened self, he lacks his Prime Quirks, whatever those Quirks would be.

These are my thoughts on the scaling.

AFO is a normal human without his Quirks, we don't know what his rating would be in such a case.

We don't even know how strong Prime AFO is, since he's without a doubt inferior to Prime All Might by a massive degree. All Might doesn't dodge and just blindly charges through. The only confirmed damage we know AFO did was blasting the hole through him. Which could've been done with a dura negation Quirk.

Rewind AFO is just stronger than his Weakened self, he lacks his Prime Quirks, whatever those Quirks would be.

still think he at least should downscale tbh

AFO's strength comes from whatever Quirks he's using, as such him going back to his physical prime doesn't mean he's the same as when he fought All Might.

Gran Torino stated in Kamino that AFO's Quirks are completely different from the last time they fought. As such, we cannot assume anything about Prime AFO unless we actually get information about him. Rewind AFO is still using the same Quirks as his Weakened self, his Quirks are unaffected by the Rewind.

As such, he's only stronger than his Weakened self by an unknown amount.

The only physical feat we have from Prime AFO was overpowering a Pre-Nomu Hood in My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, which isn't good enough for anything.

Agree with scaling. Don't agree with Rewind AFO and Tokoyami scaling to Prime AM since:
1. We don't know how durable Prime AFO is. The only durability feat we see of him is having his arms ripped off and head demolished
2. The type and amount of quirks Rewind AFO has is vastly different than his Prime which would dramatically alter his statistics. Him being in full health and able to bring out the full potential of the quirks that he has right now means nothing for the quirks he has in his Prime
Just scale them above the Weakened AM tier to be safe baseline Small Country

Just scale them above the Weakened AM tier to be safe baseline Small Country
Yeah, he should probably be like baseline country level via downscaling from his prime self who could actually survive getting his face punched in by prime plus Ultra all might, despite the fact all might thought he died

Yeah, he should probably be like baseline country level via downscaling from his prime self who could actually survive getting his face punched in by prime plus Ultra all might, despite the fact all might thought he died
You misunderstood me. I said baseline Small Country due to Rusty recent High 6-C+ calcs. I don't think getting your arms ripped off and head pulverized remotely qualifies for a downscale. AFO could've had some quirks up his sleeve that make his survival possible. Rusty's scaling makes the most sense for now

We have no reason to believe All Might if one shot or not him. We have no idea what Prime AFO is scaling to, it's all an unknown.

As such we shouldn't be rating him based on unknowns. The only known factor is him blowing a hole through All Might, which is why he can have a likely rating, since we don't know exactly how he accomplished it.

Bruh

His arms weren't ripped off, they didn't have access to regeneration back then which is why his head ended up being so scarred. It wasn't until after he already scarred that they acquired Regeneration. His armed would looked just as bad as his head if that happened.

If by when you say "AFO is a normal human without his quirks" you mean without using his quirks than you are wrong. Since we see him tank a punch in the face from weakened allmight in kamino and catch allmight charging at him with 2 hands. And he's clearly not actively using any booster quirks, so there's that.

We have no reason to believe it's a massive difference, since the damage they both got is extremely similar. The real difference really being that one is on the head and the other is on the stomach. And allmights fighting style makes sense when AFO fighting style is attacking from afar and weakening his opponents. So charging forward would make sense to get into close combat. And the dura neg is complete head canon.

So at the very least a likely 6-B scaling is deserved

Bruh

His arms weren't ripped off, they didn't have access to regeneration back then which is why his head ended up being so scarred. It wasn't until after he already scarred that they acquired Regeneration. His armed would looked just as bad as his head if that happened.
Huh, must've misremembered

If by when you say "AFO is a normal human without his quirks" you mean without using his quirks than you are wrong. Since we see him tank a punch in the face from weakened allmight in kamino and catch allmight charging at him with 2 hands. And he's clearly not actively using any booster quirks, so there's that.
He is using Quirks.

Not every Quirk is a mutation that visually changes your appearance.

The burden of proof falls on you in this case to prove All For One wasn't using any physical/durability enhancing Quirks.

He is using Quirks.

The burden of proof falls on you in this case to prove All For One wasn't using any physical/durability enhancing Quirks.
Is your argument that there's a constant durability/strength quirk he has? Then I'm fine with that if so, it's no different than saying All Might is a normal human without using his quirk.

He is using Quirks.

Most likely he was using something but to be honest it's probably a mix of both, see for example Stain whose quirk has nothing to do with some of the feats in physical prowess that he pulls off. Of course AFO uses imperceptible enhancement quirks but it's also hard to believe that he'd have normal human tiering in everything without them. Enough to tank prime Might hits? Absolutely not, though probably strong to unknown extent among the other characters.

The only confirmed damage we know AFO did was blasting the hole through him. Which could've been done with a dura negation Quirk.
All For One has never demonstrated a Quirk with abilities that negate durability before, nor has Tomura, even. This is purely speculation and has zero precedent. The likely answer, given what has been shown of All For One in his youth (i.e., All Might Rising & Vigilantes), is that he inflicted severe enough damage upon Toshinori to nearly rip out his guts.

And, Toshinori only managed to mangle All For One as savagely as he did because, after suffering his debilitating wound, he flew into a blind fury and charged All For One without caution, which is an amp.

What are you on about? Why are you acting like I said that's how it happened or something? I don't see why this response was needed, did I unknowingly bother you?

My apologies if I did. I just made up a point to show how opened ended the possibility is and how we shouldn't make assumptions. I wouldn't be advocating for Likely 6-B if I thought it was dura negation.

Also, nothing you wrote says he didn't use or have any dura negation abilities. We don't know what Quirks he used against All Might so we shouldn't be speculating.

Both Tomura and Weakened AFO have dura negation attacks, though I don't see how this is relevant to anything.

The only feat that Prime AFO has is overpowering an incomplete Hood with some gigantification quirk and rivet stab

I'd agree with the Prime AFO Key being removed. Even right now he has too few Quirks known and the only difference in that key is him nebulously scaling to Prime All Might.

I'd also recommend not expecting any AM v AFO 1 flashback happening, at least not in the mainline manga. If it was going to happen it would've happened long ago.

While I get that Rewind AFO lacks feats, it feels wrong to leave him at High 6-C considering he is portrayed to be so far above everyone else in that tier

(Oneshotted Gigantomachia, Mount Lady, Tokoyami, etc all while holding back)

I disagree with removing Prime AFO’s key: we have several feats for him and statements

However I’d be fine with doing an (Unknown, likely 6-B) if we don’t have too much info

While I get that Rewind AFO lacks feats, it feels wrong to leave him at High 6-C considering he is portrayed to be so far above everyone else in that tier

That just makes him "At least High 6-C".

Can agree with removing Prime.

He was not holding back when he one shot all of them, he did that with Shigaraki’s rage amping him as he got younger allowing him to make more powerful quirk combinations, which were so strong they destroyed his body. He literally would one shot himself with the Quirk combos he’s been using, hence why he’s higher with the drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back