• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's not like Deku has ever compared himself to 8%, so I'm not sure why you are bringing this up, he could consider 8% a small jump as well for all we know.

The point is, his base form is currently almost 25 times weaker than his upgraded 5%, if we leave it that way, it would not only be illogical, but contradictory to what Deku claims.

Bakugo from chapter 1 can already make Building level explosions, and Deku was shown to be able to survive them in their first fight, so him being Building level+ is not even some kind of outlier.
I'd be happy to respond to all of this but the 8-C calculation seems fine.

"here in about a second Toya burned carbon fibre wire in about a second
carbon fibre has a melting point of 3600C
to do so that quickly would make a much higher temperature than that
Dabis flashfire excluding prominence burn(his max heat) is 4600C-5000C
thats about 8312 degrees-9032degrees fahrenheit.
this is very interesting considering there is a compound called Dicyanoacetylene
also knwon as carbon subnitrate C^4N^2
which known to burn at around 9010 degrees fahrenheit
heres my theory on this quirk mix
Rei's nitrogen base for ice production is Toyas fuel source
so when he burns it thats why he has crazy hot flames
anotehr thing that(I witnessed this in the lab as well)
carbon subnitride also burns a bright blue with a white inside
and what do we see from Toyas flashfire" - someone in the mha discord with a physics degree
That sound genuinely super cool

Dabi went from 'bum' to 'beast' in this arc after it was revealed he knows Flashfire.

In the past, I used to wonder how Endeavor thought he could breed a kid on All Might's level but Prominence Burn proves it's possible. While they wouldn't be able to keep up speedwise or durability-wise, their Attack Power would be top of the verse. If one day Todoroki could spam Prominence Burn without any consequences, he would definitely have reached that All Might tier in terms of attacks.

After going through the manga nothing really disproves or truly supports Deku’s statement. His 5% seems to notably increase strength and reflexes (but I can’t say by how much) but it’s hard to really prove cause we never see base Deku so similar things so we can judge the difference.

It could genuinely be a 3x increase but he’d still be 8C+ as Therefir has said.

Last edited:
"here in about a second Toya burned carbon fibre wire in about a second
carbon fibre has a melting point of 3600C
to do so that quickly would make a much higher temperature than that
Dabis flashfire excluding prominence burn(his max heat) is 4600C-5000C
thats about 8312 degrees-9032degrees fahrenheit.
this is very interesting considering there is a compound called Dicyanoacetylene
also knwon as carbon subnitrate C^4N^2
which known to burn at around 9010 degrees fahrenheit
heres my theory on this quirk mix
Rei's nitrogen base for ice production is Toyas fuel source
so when he burns it thats why he has crazy hot flames
anotehr thing that(I witnessed this in the lab as well)
carbon subnitride also burns a bright blue with a white inside
and what do we see from Toyas flashfire" - someone in the mha discord with a physics degree
And this is casual Dabi, right? Considering he hasn't even burned his skin off yet.

One day I will be vindicated in my belief that Toga isn't really supersonic+... one day...
I hope you're actually serious about that, because I've been thinking about the same thing except for multiple characters but never had the time.

Basically the reason why we have so many supersonic ratings is because of this calc for Shoto's ice.

The issue with this is that the blinking speed being used is the one which yields the highest possible, high-end result (0.1 seconds). Both the source cited about blinking speed and multiple other sites you encounter on google lists blinking speed as ranging from 0.1 seconds up to 0.4 seconds, or 0.25 seconds or 0.3 seconds in other sites.

Just using 0.11 seconds for blinking speed and it already gives you 350 m/s (Transonic).

In my most humble opinion, using 0.2 seconds as the mid end value is probably reasonable, which results to 192.5 m/s (Subsonic+). Hell, even using the low-end 0.4 seconds results to 96.25 m/s (Subsonic (Faster than the Eye)) which is consistent with its FTE statements, although this is probably too slow and we do know that students are superhumans does having way higher standards of FTE movement to their perspective.

And there you have it, subsonic+ Toga lol (her profile says she outpaced 5% Deku, but this was Deku after getting beat up by Muscular so not really sure if it counts tbh).

Not sure if people are ready for this conversation lol

Off-topic, does this forum website/format suck for mobile users or is it just me?

I hope you're actually serious about that, because I've been thinking about the same thing except for multiple characters but never had the time.

Basically the reason why we have so many supersonic ratings is because of this calc for Shoto's ice.

The issue with this is that the blinking speed being used is the one which yields the highest possible, high-end result (0.1 seconds). Both the source cited about blinking speed and multiple other sites you encounter on google lists blinking speed as ranging from 0.1 seconds up to 0.4 seconds, or 0.25 seconds or 0.3 seconds in other sites.

Just using 0.11 seconds for blinking speed and it already gives you 350 m/s (Transonic).

In my most humble opinion, using 0.2 seconds as the mid end value is probably reasonable, which results to 192.5 m/s (Subsonic+). Hell, even using the low-end 0.4 seconds results to 96.25 m/s (Subsonic (Faster than the Eye)) which is consistent with its FTE statements, although this is probably too slow and we do know that students are superhumans does having way higher standards of FTE movement to their perspective.

And there you have it, subsonic+ Toga lol (her profile says she outpaced 5% Deku, but this was Deku after getting beat up by Muscular so not really sure if it counts tbh).

Not sure if people are ready for this conversation lol

Off-topic, does this forum website/format suck for mobile users or is it just me?
CRT?

Why would inko lay down with a criminal, lol. At least that's not the portrayal I've seen from her.

As for Deku's dad, he's a typical working abroad dad, not a deadbeat. Even if AFO's face is messed up, Deku has clearly heard his voice & even seen his face in the vestige memories so why would he not recognize him.

Also AFO doesn't give a shit about Deku and we know AFO is a serious bro-con who is still obsessed with his little brother even when the matter has been dead for over hundred years. If he was Deku's dad he would definitely show a more emotional reaction.

Why would inko lay down with a criminal, lol. At least that's not the portrayal I've seen from her.

As for Deku's dad, he's a typical working abroad dad, not a deadbeat. Even if AFO's face is messed up, Deku has clearly heard his voice & even seen his face in the vestige memories so why would he not recognize him.

Also AFO doesn't give a shit about Deku and we know AFO is a serious bro-con who is still obsessed with his little brother even when the matter has been dead for over hundred years. If he was Deku's dad he would definitely show a more emotional reaction.
It's not like All For One is incapable of hiding or changing his appearance from Inko, nor is he incapable of lying about working abroad.

It's not like All For One is incapable of hiding or changing his appearance from Inko, nor is he incapable of lying about working abroad.
But then why would he do that at all. He loves his family as shown with his brother, and being literally inside of OFA with Deku would’ve been the best possible time to drop that he was his father. What would be the purpose of not spilling that.

The only possible way I’d accept AFO being his dad is if he for some stupid reasons doesn’t know himself.

But then why would he do that at all. He loves his family as shown with his brother, and being literally inside of OFA with Deku would’ve been the best possible time to drop that he was his father. What would be the purpose of not spilling that.

The only possible way I’d accept AFO being his dad is if he for some stupid reasons doesn’t know himself.
He could've made Deku for another reason than love. He's basically a psychopath, and he'd probably be willing to hurt his family members if it comes down to it. He could also be waiting to reveal his true identity as Deku's father, just like he did with Shigaraki being Nana's child.

AFO could still be related to Deku and not be his dad you guys

AFO could be his grandfather or direct ancestor and AFO might not even know it himself, it also makes far more sense since he is a really old man and would make more sense as a grandparent or ancestor than his dad
That’s a good point

I also felt that it would be weird for a 100+ year old man to still be having kids

I always felt this feat was worthless because even the weakest students can react to Kaminari's electricity at the Sports Festival.

So I'm fine with dropping this calc and using electricity to support their ratings.

Toga is already upscaling from a better feat so this shouldn't affect her in any way.

I always felt this feat was worthless because even the weakest students can react to Kaminari's electricity at the Sports Festival.

So I'm fine with dropping this calc and using electricity to support their ratings.

Toga is already upscaling from a better feat so this shouldn't affect her in any way.
Although out of curiosity does anyone at the festival directly Dodge it Or block it

Have y’all ever thinking that maybe....he could had messed with Inko’s memories? made it looked like he was her husband?

If the students are legitimately supersonic in combat speed and reactions via other feats then this calc should stay as an another supporting feat since it's not inconsistent.

But I don't remember any of the students reacting to or dodging Kaminari's electricity in the Sports Festival tbh. Can you or anyone cite these instances?

All I remember is Kaminari doing was:

An indiscriminate discharge (which tagged everyone except Deku's team which was being protected by Dark Shadow beforehand).

And Kaminari discharging electricity but nobody reacted to it, in the manga at least. They showed Kaminari already wrapped up in vines while Ibara already had her back turned from him. Assuming the distance between them was 3-5 meters, the feat itself is likely within subsonic+ to transonic range. Maybe this could mean she has supersonic reactions? Idk.

The anime scene is kinda exaggerated with Kaminari already firing his electricity 2 seconds prior, then it took Ibara 4 seconds (all anime time) to turn her back and summon her vines. Even ignoring anime time, those actions she took all the while a supersonic AoE attack is coming at her might imply she's several times faster which is an outlier, correct me if I'm wrong.

Idk maybe I missed something again?

I calculated the distance between Shiozaki and Kaminari and still got Supersonic reactions. I will make a blog so the calc can be evaluated.

I finished the calc here, but I noticed the distance that I got contradicts other panels, so the feat might as well be lower than Supersonic.

We should probably find some other feat that we could use to scale or downscale the students from 5%.

Back