• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

@Earthyboy You really shouldn't use the guide books as they're too vague and rather inconsistent. For example are the ratings an over all within the verse or is it in specific groups (Is Deku as strong as Re Destro cause they're both A+ or is Re Destro A+ relative to villains and heroes and Deku is A+ relative to other students)? Are ratings for power their maximum or just their normal levels (like Deku has A+ is that his 100% or 20%)? Shouto has equal power to AFO as an example of an inconsistency.

This is off-topic, but I have a few questions about some of the AP ratings.

Why is Bakugou 8-A when knocking down Shigaraki, someone with Low 7-B+ durability, is in his AP justification? Todoroki is also 8-A despite his justification being him pushing Shigaraki. And why is Kirishima only 8-B for damaging a “casual Gigantomachia” when Machia is tiered at 8-A at his lowest?

@Insert_creative_name_here_12 I understand, I guess your scan is more correct if that's true.

This is why the guide books aren't used on this wiki.

Geten is given B Strength which makes him weaker than Itsuka Kendo (A), Hound Dog (A+ Equal to Re-Destro's ranking actually), Nirengeki Shoda (A), Tetsutetsu and Kirishima (A-). If we're assuming the guide is talking about Quirk strength then this makes no sense, if it's not then once again the guide states Uraraka is (B-) stronger than Mirio (C). It also states Gran Torino is a D in strength, which makes him weaker than Uraraka and Mirio. And is equal to Momo who is also a D in strength.

Yeah the guide book doesn't make sense at all. Also Mineta (A) has higher intelligence than Endeavor (B)
Honestly, it could either be talking about power in terms of quirk strength, or physical power. It depends. And this is supported thanks to the previous guide which listed all of Izuku's physical stats at an E (which is obviously his base without One For All) so honestly, it could be talking about quirk strength sometimes, or physical strength.

And honestly, some of these ratings should make sense if I choose to disclose some calculations I did off-site, but that's like spoilers and for another time.

This is off-topic, but I have a few questions about some of the AP ratings.

Why is Bakugou 8-A when knocking down Shigaraki, someone with Low 7-B+ durability, is in his AP justification? Todoroki is also 8-A despite his justification being him pushing Shigaraki. And why is Kirishima only 8-B for damaging a “casual Gigantomachia” when Machia is tiered at 8-A at his lowest?
Nether Bakugo nor Todoroki should have that on their profile, that makes no sense. Kirishima is 8-B since his surface area is far lower than Machia's, he doesn't need to equal Machia's Dura to pierce his skin, (Mosquito and a Human for example) Kirishima should be baseline 8-B for being superior to his previous High 8-C+ self.

Nether Bakugo nor Todoroki should have that on their profile, that makes no sense. Kirishima is 8-B since his surface area is far lower than Machia's, he doesn't need to equal Machia's Dura to pierce his skin, (Mosquito and a Human for example) Kirishima should be baseline 8-B for being superior to his previous High 8-C+ self.
I don’t see why Kirishima’s surface area would have anything to do with his AP, and sure he doesn’t need to equal Machia’s durability, but being baseline 8-B (11 tons) in comparison to Machia’s 8-A (over 163.9 tons) dura? That’s almost a 15x difference, he shouldn’t be able to harm Machia at all if he’s that much weaker than him.

A Mosquito is far more than 15x weaker than you and can pierce your skin with it's needle, that's surface area. Kirishima's fingers are already sharpened in his Unbreakable form, and the size difference between them is massive. So no Kirishima doesn't scale to Machia, who is actually over 200 Tons at his weakest.

Actually a Mosquito has an AP of 0.00000025 Joules if it charges with it's entire body weight.

Then Machia shouldn’t even be mentioned in his AP justification if that’s the case.

A Mosquito is far more than 15x weaker than you and can pierce your skin with it's needle, that's surface area. Kirishima's fingers are already sharpened in his Unbreakable form, and the size difference between them is massive. So no Kirishima doesn't scale to Machia, who is actually over 200 Tons at his weakest.

Actually a Mosquito has an energy value of 0.00000025 Joules.
I'm impressed you could get the energy value of a mosquito.

Yes he shouldn't, I need to bring that up to Therefir when he's online. He should be 8-B via being stronger than his High 8-C+ self.

I mean all you need is the weight of a Mosquito which people have calculated already, and then you find it speed, which people have already calculated as well. Note that the energy from it's sting should be even less than that, since this is the KE of it's entire body weight.

Wait what?

I didn't notice that, why is that even a thing? I feel stupid right now.

Huh interesting I didn't consider that method at all. Btw Kirishima and Deku probably shouldn't have Building level+ AP since it's just upscaling 9A+ to baseline 8C then higher.
Well, upscaling is allowed as long as it’s a 1.5 difference or lower. Also Midoriya’s 8-C+ comes from an actual calc he has on that level, and Kirishima’s is from scaling to Midoriya.

Well, upscaling is allowed as long as it’s a 1.5 difference or lower. Also Midoriya’s 8-C+ comes from an actual calc he has on that level, and Kirishima’s is from scaling to Midoriya.
No he's talking about Base Izuku and Kirishima, basically it's them without using their powers.

Why is Kirishima's 8C+ rating (in his UA beginnings) justified by him fighting with Bakugou? He only ever harmed him by a scratch. Also JT arc Kirisgima should be 8C+ since the Ojiro feat he scales to is 1.7 tons.

I'm pretty sure Kirishima would've injured Bakugo had the punch landed, he wouldn't be dodging otherwise. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to tell Bakugo didn't want Kirishima to land a direct hit on him.

Ojiro and Kirishima are High 8-C since that 1.7 Tons feat was done by a injured/weakened Ojiro. So even being slightly stronger than that is baseline High 8-C.

Most characters should have an Unknown AP since they dont show any physical striking feats or their quirk doesn't work like that

So "X Class SS" in general or does it have to mention "when propelled with Hellflame" or something?
It would probably have to be when propelled with Hellflame since Endeavor usually doesn’t throw punches unless they’re propelled but you can make the case for it being in general

Since he could punch and damage one Hospital High End he punched in the head(Probably an 8-A feat)

On a side note people keep sleeping in the fact that Dabi slightly hurt Hawks when he stomped on his head that could also be worth a striking strength rating

Last edited:
It would probably have to be when propelled with Hellflame since Endeavor usually doesn’t throw punches unless they’re propelled but you can make the case for it being in general

Since he could punch and damage one Hospital High End he punched in the head(Probably an 8-A feat)

On a side note people keep sleeping in the fact that Dabi slightly hurt Hawks when he stomped on his head that could also be worth a striking strength rating
I don’t recall Endeavor harming anyone without his flames unless you mean the head tentacle guy.

Back