• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely blanked on Iida, but yes he should scale as he's part of the current scaling.

Since the characters Iida scales to were upgrade, that makes him apart of the normal scaling, so I fixed his profile.

The search results is something I don't know how is fixed, maybe it'll be fixed automatically later?

I completely blanked on Iida, but yes he should scale as he's part of the current scaling.

Since the characters Iida scales to were upgrade, that makes him apart of the normal scaling, so I fixed his profile.

The search results is something I don't know how is fixed, maybe it'll be fixed automatically later?
Probably

Didn't Hawks shield Tokoyami from an attack from Prime AFO that pierces through Dark Shadow, shouldn't he at most scales durability wise?

Unless they were hit point blank with the blast they won't scale, same reason multiple characters in Kamino doesn't scale to AFO despite being caught up in his attack.

Didn't Hawks shield Tokoyami from an attack from Prime AFO that pierces through Dark Shadow, shouldn't he at most scales durability wise?
Dark Shadow took the attack first so we can't even tell by how much it was lessened.

Casual physical clashes between AFO and Hawks had Hawks face bleeding even when AFO wasn't using any quirks to attack so Hawks is definitely not tanking one of AFO's strongest attacks if he wasn't protected inside the Dark Shadow giant armor.

He just shielded Tokoyami from the remaining power.

Also Jiro and Tokoyami survived an enhanced Air Cannon from AFO so what about that?
They were never hit directly. Considering Jirou lost an ear to that attack, if it was a direct hit, even if her body wasn't crushed, she would have lost everything including both ears and eyes.

Also, I don't even know if that attacks was an air canon. It was never even confirmed. AFO turned his arm into a meat canon with a human-like face. The face has an open mouth which is the mouth of the canon. It also has teeth like structures curved inside. It should be a completely different quirk that hasn't been named.

Wait why doesn't the sns intercontinental feat scale to anyone? Shouldn't it scale to herself and the nomu that survived it? And thus it should scale to current deku, current shigaraki and allmight. Making them 6-B/country.

@Bruh

Hawks doesn't scale, the attack went through Dark Shadow first which would've significantly weakened the blast by the time it reached them.

Jiro and Tokoyami didn't take any direct attack at all. The air cannon that AFO used against them only grazed them because Tokoyami was moving to avoid it and Hawks was able to slightly redirect AFO's arm before he fired. So they don't scale in durability, and I'm not certain what that attack was.

@ShigarakiShimura

It's called the laws of physics, the Nomu or Shigaraki literally cannot scale to the missile due to being too small via the inverse square law. I've actually calculated how much energy would hit them for a High-End, and I get around 20 Gigatons worth of energy, which is less than what they currently scale to.

The full Low 6-B energy doesn't scale to them whatsoever.

Thanks for the clarification everyone. One remaining question tho. Didn't Jiro block out a portion of AFO's attack to protect Hawks with her Heartbeat whatsoever?

Thanks for the clarification everyone. One remaining question tho. Didn't Jiro block out a portion of AFO's attack to protect Hawks with her Heartbeat whatsoever?
No she did not. Her Hearbeat Wall compared to AFO's attack is far smaller and as such only touched a small bit of the attack.

At best her AP would would scale to Hawks' Dura, but the full Air Cannon doesn't even come into contact with her attack. (Her AP is already higher than Hawks' Dura)

Regardless that was not a real clash and her attacks did nothing to AFO himself who directly stated her power was underwhelming.

Wasn't the Nomu in the middle of the attack tanking it head on where all the energy was released? And sns also tanked some portion of the attack, and her big form must've tanked most of it by how big she is so it should scale her big form at the very least.
It's called the laws of physics, the Nomu or Shigaraki literally cannot scale to the missile due to being too small via the inverse square law. I've actually calculated how much energy would hit them for a High-End, and I get around 20 Gigatons worth of energy, which is less than what they currently scale to.

The full Low 6-B energy doesn't scale to them whatsoever.

In case anyone is curious, using the inverse square law I'll show how much energy actually hit them.

The closest Shigaraki or the Nomu can be to the missile is by being in physical contact with the missile's shell. The actual payload or explosive is inside of this missile shell somewhere, assuming they're as close as they can be. I found the distance between them would still be greater than 5 meters.

Since the explosive is always placed somewhere in the center of the shell, I found the missile's diameter to be a bit over 10 meters.

The energy of the missile is 4.33 Teratons or 4337137.8956786 Megatons.

(4337137.8956786)/(4pi((5.6)^2))/2 = 5502.84546372 Megatons of TNT per m^2

This is already barely Island level at 5.5 Gigatons, but we have to take Shigaraki's Surface Area into account. Since he's a normal size human I'll use the average cross section of 0.68 m^2.

Energy = 5502.84546372*0.68 = 3741.934 Megatons of TNT (Large Mountain level+)

However, this still incorrect since I'm assuming the energy of all 10 missiles are inside of one of the missiles for this calc. Which is not the case. The actual results would be 10X less at 374 Megatons or Mountain level. Basically the missile scaling is worthless and cannot be used.

In order for them to be closer, Star and Stripe what have to find someway to make them intangible and get inside of the missile's shell. Which obviously didn't happen.

I understand the confusion and disbelief, since this is basically saying Star and Stripe wasted an attack where over 99% of the energy didn't hit her target. I'm sure Horikoshi doesn't know about the inverse square law, but regardless that is what happened and that is what we have to deal with.

The truth is that the full energy of the missiles just couldn't scale to them no matter what.

Star and Stripe's giant scales fully in terms of durability, but that doesn't scale to anyone.

But shouldn't allmight scale higher than her giant form and thus also current deku and shigaraki?
The truth is that the full energy of the missiles just couldn't scale to them no matter what.

Star and Stripe's giant scales fully in terms of durability, but that doesn't scale to anyone.

But shouldn't allmight scale higher than her giant form and thus also current deku and shigaraki?
Nope.

No reason to assume they scale to the Giant's durability. Someone would have to destroy her Air Giant to scale to its durability.

Nope.

No reason to assume they scale to the Giant's durability. Someone would have to destroy her Air Giant to scale to its durability.
But we know sns can't make herself stronger than allmight, and her big form was just an extension of herself. It should logically have the same stats as normal sns. Plus if she can't make herself stronger than allmight why would she be able to make other things stronger than allmight? And if she could make other things stronger than allmight then why didn't she just crush shigaraki with her own giants power instead of using the lasers and missiles? Clearly allmight would scale above giant sns and so would current deku and shigaraki. Idk how you could refute this.

It does not have the same stats as Star and Stripe. It visibly did more damage to Shigaraki than she could with her punch and withstood that massive explosion.

Star and Stripe actually removed her strength enhancement rule before the explosion as well, meaning this was her Quirkless durability.

You saying that implies Quirkless Star and Stripe is more durable than Shigaraki and the Nomu, who she was convinced this attack would kill.

The giant isn't even stronger than All Might in terms of our scaling, it's just very durable.

No one scales to the missiles.

It does not have the same stats as Star and Stripe. It visibly did more damage to Shigaraki than she could with her punch and withstood that massive explosion.

Star and Stripe actually removed her strength enhancement rule before the explosion as well, meaning this was her Quirkless durability.

You saying that implies Quirkless Star and Stripe is more durable than Shigaraki and the Nomu, who she was convinced this attack would kill.

The giant isn't even stronger than All Might in terms of our scaling, it's just very durable.

No one scales to the missiles.
But again, how can she make something else (her giant form) more durable than allmight but not make herself? And why only more durable and not any other stats? She logically can't create something more durable than allmight right? We're told she can't surpass allmight, so it wouldn't make sense if she could make a giant form of herself more durable than allmight.

What you're saying is irrelevant to the truth of the matter.

The giant is more durable and stronger than herself, it being equal to Star means Quirkless Star and Stripe is equal to these missile. Which is absurd when she herself believed that the missiles would be enough to kill Shigaraki, either she's stupid or the giant is superior to her.

Star and Stripe saying she's weaker than All Might only applies to her enhancement rule. She stated she can't make herself as strong as All Might, her air giant is irrelevant. Especially when she's isn't enhancing the strength of her air giant, her rule just made the air form into her shape but 1000X bigger.

Your thinking is just too narrow. Her strength has nothing to do with her giants durability, as that has nothing to do with strength at all.

All Might is stronger than the Air Giant but not as durable as it.

What you're saying is irrelevant to the truth of the matter.

The giant is more durable and stronger than herself, it being equal to Star means Quirkless Star and Stripe is equal to these missile. Which is absurd when she herself believed that the missiles would be enough to kill Shigaraki, either she's stupid or the giant is superior to her.

Star and Stripe saying she's weaker than All Might only applies to her enhancement rule. She stated she can't make herself as strong as All Might, her air giant is irrelevant. Especially when she's isn't enhancing the strength of her air giant, her rule just made the air form into her shape but 1000X bigger.

Your thinking is just too narrow. Her strength has nothing to do with her giants durability, as that has nothing to do with strength at all.

All Might is stronger than the Air Giant but not as durable as it.
I mean I see your point but I'm still contentious about her giant form somehow being more durable than allmight and only more durable. But fine

Just curious, does Base New Order Stars & Stripes downscale from her FBttE calc?

Or should she just scale to the 114 gigaton calc for harming Shigaraki?

Because I don't think it would make sense for her base New Order to scale to her stronger form/move's value.

Star and Stripe along with other Weakened All Might characters (Like Shigaraki) scale to the 139 GT value, you can see that by looking at the verse page.

The 114 GT value is just a supporting feat, the people it scaled to are are scaling to 139 GT.

Star and Stripe's giant scales above the 139 GT feat because it produced that feat as a side effect from the air pressure of its clap. Which means the clap is higher.

Star and Stripe along with other Weakened All Might characters (Like Shigaraki) scale to the 139 GT value, you can see that by looking at the verse page.

The 114 GT value is just a supporting feat, the people it scaled to are are scaling to 139 GT.

Star and Stripe's giant scales above the 139 GT feat because it produced that feat as a side effect from the air pressure of its clap. Which means the clap is higher.
So it's like this:

Side effect Shockwave (139GT) < Shigaraki's durability = Base New Order < FBttE?

Made the right decision to bring up this topic here then.

With the announcement of a 4th movie, the topic of the movie's canonicity is going to be a thing again in the future. It's better to just include informational blogs like that on the verse page since it is still a contentious topic in the fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back