• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Manipulating carbon fibres could be counted as Earth Manipulation and Organic Manipulation, but he is probably only controlling them simply because they are threads.

Since Best Jeanist can still restrain Gigantomachia even after receiving an order, he should be 7-C after Giga's downgrade.

Last edited:
Is there a reason Tokoyami isn’t High 8-C with Dark Environment in his first and second keys even though his justification is scaling him to a High 8-C?

I think Ryukyu is the big problem, because she "injured" the High-Ends. So her being 7-C doesn't make much sense, even though I don't think that counts as injuring, but Shigaraki can knock her out in one hit. I mean Ryukyu shouldn't be scaling to them because all she did was hold it in place with the help of some other Pro Heroes.

I don't see any reason why Mirko and Crust scaling would be bad though. Just note that if these High-Ends are 8-A, Endeavor is consciously choosing to hold back a lot of power for no reason. Especially considering the last time he fought a talking Nomu, I just find that hard to swallow.

Note: They'd without a doubt downscale somewhat, they're heavily implied to be inferior to Hood, but they can take a hit from Endeavor.
Maybe Small Town Level Mirko and Crust if thy downscale

I just don't think My Hero Scaling works with calcs, so many of the characters are comparable to each other and can directly fight against and are shown to be close to the Top Tiers, that's what makes this all so hard
Yep. People are making too many assumptions. Most MHA characters have totally different quirks and that means even when they are comparable and can fight each other, their stats especially speed, attack power and defence can vary greatly depending on what exactly their quirk does.

Even when one has high durability, it might be different since blunt force durability, piercing and elemental are all separate categories.

I doubt it. He could barely fight Bakugo without OFA but when 5% activated, he stands a chance. There's also the fact that 5% is way faster then his base.
He can also jump way higher with 5%. I think by looking at his training sequence and how high he could jump up that wall with 5% compared to a normal jump height, one can even calculate how much stronger his leg strength is at 5% compared to base.

I was about to say about the 5% thing it likely started off as a ‘small‘ increase but later grew since Deku’s OFA based on AM’s statement and his showings now vs earlier in the series his OFA is constantly growing.

I doubt it. He could barely fight Bakugo without OFA but when 5% activated, he stands a chance. There's also the fact that 5% is way faster then his base.
Are you referring to their first fight when Deku slammed Bakugo into the ground and was actually able to fight until Bakugo started to use his explosions? Because Deku never fought Bakugo without OFA in their second fight.

The statement specifically refers to power, not speed, and in MHA you can be Supersonic+ without being Large Building level, just look at Toga.

I was about to say about the 5% thing it likely started off as a ‘small‘ increase but later grew since Deku’s OFA based on AM’s statement and his showings now vs earlier in the series his OFA is constantly growing.
That's just base Deku getting stronger, and to be honest without the movies those "showings" wouldn't even exist.

The statement specifically refers to power, not speed, and in MHA you can be Supersonic+ without being Large Building level, just look at Toga.

One day I will be vindicated in my belief that Toga isn't really supersonic+... one day...

He can also jump way higher with 5%. I think by looking at his training sequence and how high he could jump up that wall with 5% compared to a normal jump height, one can even calculate how much stronger his leg strength is at 5% compared to base.
Bakugo is stronger than 5% but has never shown to be able to jump as high.

Actually, many characters are stronger and faster than 5% Deku and have also not been able to replicate his level of mobility across the terrain.

That's just base Deku getting stronger, and to be honest without the movies those "showings" wouldn't even exist.
Still, the context of what Izuku considers a small jump from his base is iffy. What would he consider a small increase? He considered the increase between 5 and 8% not that huge, despite it being several times stronger, so his word might not be concrete.

Unfortunately no. Deku hasn't used single limb OFA enough to determine that except with 100%, which requires more time for me to make a claim on.

Is there a reason Tokoyami isn’t High 8-C with Dark Environment in his first and second keys even though his justification is scaling him to a High 8-C?
Personally I’m sure High 8-C dark environment for his first keys is fine it kinda contradicts nothing Someone could also say he should be high 8-C+ or Baseline 8-B I wouldn’t have issues with those either

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. Deku hasn't used single limb OFA enough to determine that except with 100%, which requires more time for me to make a claim on.
I think the only thing concrete on a single limb vs full cowl is 100% Deku getting slapped away by Nines Tornado but full Cowl 100% Dispersed the entire storm

Think that’s all

Still, the context of what Izuku considers a small jump from his base is iffy. What would he consider a small increase? He considered the increase between 5 and 8% not that huge, despite it being several times stronger, so his word might not be concrete.
The difference between 5% and 8% is certainly not that huge with the upcoming upgrades, and there's no reason to doubt the word of Deku when he is just comparing his own power.

Since 5% is being upgraded to around 4 tons, I'm proposing to make base Deku 8-C+, at least the Deku that fought Bakugo should be around that level of power. Sports Festival Shinso doesn't really need to scale from him.

He could be considering the usage of 5% in a single limb as a small jump in power.
Not really, Deku stated that he is using the full power of OFA against Shiggy despite only using 100% on his arms. If there was really a major difference between OFA in one limb and Full Cowl, Deku would have used it in his fight with Shiggy.

This is the same argument that we used to disprove Full Cowl 100% being much stronger than 100% on one arm.

The difference between 5% and 8% is certainly not that huge with the upcoming upgrades, and there's no reason to doubt the word of Deku when he is just comparing his own power.

Since 5% is being upgraded to around 4 tons, I'm proposing to make base Deku 8-C+, at least the Deku that fought Bakugo should be around that level of power. Sports Festival Shinso doesn't really need to scale from him.
There is plenty of reasons to doubt the word of Deku. What does he consider a small jump in terms of power? Four times, five times, six times? Hell, ten times? There's no way to quantify how much he's talking here. "Small" isn't a numerical measurement.

I think the only thing concrete on a single limb vs full cowl is 100% Deku getting slapped away by Nines Tornado but full Cowl 100% Dispersed the entire storm

Think that’s all
Deku couldn't disperse the tornado because he needed the power of two OFAs, he stated it himself.

There is plenty of reasons to doubt the word of Deku. What does he consider a small jump in terms of power? Four times, five times, six times? Hell, ten times? There's no way to quantify how much he's talking here. "Small" isn't a numerical measurement.
Deku considers the difference between 5 and 8% small (and it certainly is now), even if Deku somehow considered 3x times multiplier "small" he would be still 8-C+.

Now we are grasping at straws to make Deku baseline 8-C forever.

Deku considers the difference between 5 and 8% small (and it certainly is now), even if Deku somehow considered 3x times multiplier "small" he would be still 8-C+.

Now we are grasping at straws to make Deku baseline 8-C forever.
That doesn't mean it's the same level of increase. Again, he's being vague here. We shouldn't take his word as concrete. We don't know how much is "small" in this case. Again, "small" is not a numerical value of any form, unless there's some type of context.

We don't need a concrete mathematical statement to support his rating, if he considers this level of OFA small, the most logical approach is to downscale him from 5% like we always do.

Next time Deku says "I am bit weaker than that person" and we can't use the statement because he is supposedly being vague according to you.

We don't need a concrete mathematical statement to support his rating, if he considers this level of OFA small, the most logical approach is to downscale him from 5% like we always do.

Next time Deku says "I am bit weaker than that person" and we can't use the statement because he is supposedly being vague according to you.
Let's suppose this. The gap between 5% and his base is far greater than 8% vs 5%, and he considers 5% to be a small jump in power. Obviously, the gap between 8% and 5% would also be considered small for him, since it's even smaller than the power he gains from 5%. There are even calculations and scaling back this up. His base as of now, is 9-A, while One For All at this point is High 8-C.

The point is, the word "small" is too vague to base a numerical value on.

Obviously, the gap between 8% and 5% would also be considered small for him, since it's even smaller than the power he gains from 5%.
It's not like Deku has ever compared himself to 8%, so I'm not sure why you are bringing this up, he could consider 8% a small jump as well for all we know.

The point is, his base form is currently almost 25 times weaker than his upgraded 5%, if we leave it that way, it would not only be illogical, but contradictory to what Deku claims.

Bakugo from chapter 1 can already make Building level explosions, and Deku was shown to be able to survive them in their first fight, so him being Building level+ is not even some kind of outlier.

Last edited:
I also recently re-calculated the durability of the Villain Bots, with their armor being immune to 0.47 tons explosions. Even Sports Festival Deku is able to cut these robots in half, further supporting the small difference between his base form and 5%.

"here in about a second Toya burned carbon fibre wire in about a second
carbon fibre has a melting point of 3600C
to do so that quickly would make a much higher temperature than that
Dabis flashfire excluding prominence burn(his max heat) is 4600C-5000C
thats about 8312 degrees-9032degrees fahrenheit.
this is very interesting considering there is a compound called Dicyanoacetylene
also knwon as carbon subnitrate C^4N^2
which known to burn at around 9010 degrees fahrenheit
heres my theory on this quirk mix
Rei's nitrogen base for ice production is Toyas fuel source
so when he burns it thats why he has crazy hot flames
anotehr thing that(I witnessed this in the lab as well)
carbon subnitride also burns a bright blue with a white inside
and what do we see from Toyas flashfire" - someone in the mha discord with a physics degree

So Dabi's fire must be almost as hot as the surface of the Sun in order to burn carbon fibre so quickly.

Back