• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor darkaeid immortality 8 correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those images are super tiny, if you can create an album in imgur with everything together and readable then we may replace what we have for it, and with a more elaborated text.

The only thing we know is that a higher power than the base level Hal Jordan Spectre resurrected him. That is all.

wait auro I realize the imgur trolled me apparently the scans are around low up so they won't understand.

I skimmed through the linked full comicbook, but even though The Source may have resurrected Darkseid this time, this does not mean that it does so constantly.

I know but even so you have to fix type 8 or change it a bit for limited type 8 is basically the relationship of God (not toaa or OAA) and Ghost riders .

Antvasima said:
I skimmed through the linked full comicbook, but even though The Source may have resurrected Darkseid this time, this does not mean that it does so constantly.
This.

Okey then it is accepted that darkseid has an immortality 8 high 1A but it is not that it works to work at all times?

He's talking about Darkseid's type 8, I think.

If that were the case, it would not make sense. It is established that the source can revive him if he wants it, only that he does not plow it as long as he dies. he is resuscitated by the ghosts of the dream if they slow him down and I can continue to give examples, he simply will not resuscitate him literally every second he dies.

something else antv

apparently the imgur will not let me save the feat as such, since the images change position (the last one is the first one for example) there are already 4 attempts to change so it is best to read the comic or at least someone tries create an imgur after reading the comic and the context

For reference you can reorder the images in an album you make in Imagur, there's an option for that.

Thank you, I didn't really know. I'll do it now when I return home (I hardly ever use imgur and I give super long image links one by one that don't use any specific page)

Antvasima said:
So does that qualify for High 1-A Type 8 or not?

I am not sure. I would prefer input from the experts that I mentioned earlier.

Sorry. I think I somehow missed this request.

The DeMatteis story in question seems to suggest that Darkseid is a necessary aspect of existence and thus cannot be truly destroyed for good. I do in fact think this is consistent with the portrayal of his true nature throughout the years and DC's official word on the matter, but that hasn't stopped inconsistencies from popping up from time to time. Granted, you could perhaps argue that those inconsistencies are novel cases caused by the canonicity of the stories or Darkseid not truly being dead in the end, but I do think it would be fair to make the case that some writers simply don't treat him like he is a necessary part of the universe. The question is which one we treat as the exception and which one we treat as the rule.

Well I'm not familiar with the first case. But in Darkseid War, not only was the Black Racer needed specifically in order to kill him, otherwise he wouldn't have died. When he did "die" reality started to freak out and created multiple other gods just so it can fill the void Darkseid left. And Darkseid was reborn in the end anyway.

So I really wouldn't call that case inconsistent. He was important enough to existence, that it was required a special method for him to be killed. And he got reborn anyway.

Well, I'm trying to present both arguments as fairly as possible, but yes, it does feel more like Darkseid's necessity is only really ignored in alternate universes. From a narrative perspective, that doesn't make a lot of sense, but from a meta perspective, it's most likely the result of writers being handed the keys to the character and being told they can do what they like since it's an elseworld.

That makes sense at most one could say that it all depends on the writer since not everyone shares the same interpretation so there are many comics where superman is only 5B and there are others after several years and change of author where he has a level 4B after a change of author now all his exploits do not go beyond tier 6 and that's why there are many plot holes about his power, the same thing happens here

Okay. Thank you both for the input.

@ClassicNESfan

Would you be willing to handle the required edits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back