• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J.M. DeMatteis Cosmology Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if we compare and contrast against the existing blog, which is not an appropriate manner to "hide the ball" in terms of what is actually being proposed for changes. The segments that represent actual changes should be presented in isolation, not hidden amongst an entire cosmology blog which -- by your admission -- keeps most things the same relative to the existing blog.
If you simply don’t want to or are simply not interested in reading, then you can say so. Why try to covertly pretend that the thread is very long and massive, and you get tired of reading it. It is obvious that based on these conclusions we can conclude that there is no interest in this thread

It's not simply because "it’s only convenient to think so", but because we've provided real evidence.
Dragon Ball Super canonically a continuation of Zet, but has a lot of contradictions in the plot and inconsistencies with cosmology. So the evidence of canonicity is nothing more than conditional evidence, necessary only to somehow connect certain events.
3125 from SCP was called “five-dimensional” in one story, but according to the article of his world where he lives, he should be higher in level. One author's excuses for all the canonicalities have no real meaning, without owning the rights to all objects

So the evidence for the canonicity of all events in a universe where there are many authors is too conditional and strained to be wishful thinking

Dragon Ball Super canonically a continuation of Zet, but has a lot of contradictions in the plot and inconsistencies with cosmology. So the evidence of canonicity is nothing more than conditional evidence, necessary only to somehow connect certain events.
3125 from SCP was called “five-dimensional” in one story, but according to the article of his world where he lives, he should be higher in level. One author's excuses for all the canonicalities have no real meaning, without owning the rights to all objects
I have no intention of entertaining such poor complaints. Dragon Ball's contradictions are minor enough to not really affect that much; SCP's 3125 is 5D in a metaphorical sense only.

Dragon Ball's contradictions are minor enough to not really affect that much
So insignificant that their cosmology is completely different from the previous one. So insignificant that the character who was previously weaker than Buu suddenly became stronger than all the Z fighters. How insignificant that characters who should have existed in previous seasons were accidentally introduced in the new one and should have been told about them a long time ago. Or should I remind you that the universe could have been destroyed in Zet, but this is something incredible in Super?

SCP's 3125 is 5D in a metaphorical sense only.
Quite a convenient position, just to justify the mistake of an author whose vision of the character is different from other authors

So insignificant that their cosmology is completely different from the previous one. So insignificant that the character who was previously weaker than Buu suddenly became stronger than all the Z fighters. How insignificant that characters who should have existed in previous seasons were accidentally introduced in the new one and should have been told about them a long time ago. Or should I remind you that the universe could have been destroyed in Zet, but this is something incredible in Super?

Quite a convenient position, just to justify the mistake of an author whose vision of the character is different from other authors
If you're going to continue to complain using complaints with next to no basis, just stop. I will report you if you continue derailing.

Oh boy... even with Elizio's warning, this will inevitably develop into one of those threads, huh? We're just falling deeper into the rabbit hole...
If you simply don’t want to or are simply not interested in reading, then you can say so. Why try to covertly pretend that the thread is very long and massive, and you get tired of reading it. It is obvious that based on these conclusions we can conclude that there is no interest in this thread
Pretend that this thread is massive? Pretend? Blud... this whole OP is 3,500 words long. If printed out in MLA format, that's a 14 page long document! And we wonder why all the admins dip literally 5 seconds after being tagged to these threads.
deu6hvv-24273dbe-926f-41f6-814e-9835e7bca2c6.gif

Reading it tells you what changes is needed. The way it’s structured is just implemented some tiering change with the information given by the thread. In some aspect it’s the same so feel free to skim through the parts but the whole thread needs to be read.

Not wanting to as I stated is a matter of preference. If you don’t want to then don’t. It’s almost like you guys are trying to say you’re forced into this thread. Simply ignore if you don’t have anything to say about the actual thread which I believe you haven’t fully read.
My brother in Christ, the amount of info genuinely relevant to this CRT isn't large. If striking information is likely to get lost on people, it's your responsibility to present it in a concise manner. No one's disagreeing out of ignorance, but because they've assessed the information differently than you have. This is becoming commonplace. Several times in your response to my breakdown to this CRT, I noticed you left comments that amounted to "why do you act like your interpretation is the correct one," trying to imply that I'm being conceited in my approach (ironically, every time I interpret one of these posts, I go out of my way to provide scans and in-depth explanations as to why I believe my interpretations are reliable). On the contrary, several times in the past weeks, I've written preambles trying to help and explain how you could better format some of your arguments and make them more presentable, only for my suggestions to be lost on deaf ears and for me to be met with spite.

This reached a tipping point on the Vertigo CRT, I noticed. Deagon started calling you out for making your CRT so long, especially when the information diverging from the current cosmology was minimal. You kept acting haughty, ignoring his suggestions, until Ant also found this problematic, and had to reject it on the spot to frighten you into cleaning it up. Seriously... in the previous CRT, you were complaining that my arguments were "so bad" and the staff only sided with my reasoning because it was better formatted and articulated, but I don't take that as an insult. Is it supposed to be everyone else's fault that every time someone says "I'm confused as to what you're proposing," rather than clarifying yourself, you insist that people should figure it out? If you genuinely can't make your arguments presentable unless something drastic happens like Ant saying on the spot that he'd willingly reject the CRT if it doesn't articulate the changes it seeks to propose (you know, the bare minimum to expect from a CRT), I don't know what to tell you. Just so we're clear, you are aware that making a large proposal is not mutually exclusive with making your points presentable, right?

A number of times throughout your recent CRT's, people have asked you in honest-to-god good faith to clarify some basic points, and you responded with spite and relentless dismissal of their concerns.
Please, just cease this "if people want clarification, they should go back and read the text better" arrogance. The staff are busy people with jobs and lives. You can't create a CRT, admittedly include loads of information that's not relevant, bury the actual changes amid mountains of texts, then complain that "the staff only sided with me because my counters were better presented." Presentability is integral to persuasion, stop acting like it's anyone else's responsibility to make your CRT persuasive enough and just organize your points better.

Last edited:
If you want this thread to be reviewed in the best way possible, you should Highlight or summarize the Main arguments of this CRT and why it's different from the others. Unfortunately, DC has been oversaturated with CRTs in the last few days, and mods are getting tired of DC CRTs, so you should make this one stand out from the others.

I think whatever you guys say is NO USE,some guys in here just DO NOT WANT dc upgrate…I also have a question,haven't THOSE GUYS read any comics of dc since last year?cause if they read,they could've found THE ORRERY has already got an infinite number of universes in DARK CRISIS:BIG BANG which can make it 2-A… and something more like this example…oh,forgot something…there is a CLEAR CONTRAST between 14-D and 3-D in COUNTDOWN:ARENA,but some guys still cut the crap…

If you're going to continue to complain using complaints with next to no basis, just stop. I will report you if you continue derailing.
Everything is relative. If we resolve one thing while turning a blind eye to the same contradiction in the other, it will not be very good. I have a completely calm conversation without aggression, and ask legitimate questions, so I don’t see the point in such unfounded anger

I think whatever you guys say is NO USE,some guys in here just DO NOT WANT dc upgrate…I also have a question,haven't THOSE GUYS read any comics of dc since last year?cause if they read,they could've found THE ORRERY has already got an infinite number of universes in DARK CRISIS:BIG BANG which can make it 2-A… and something more like this example…oh,forgot something…there is a CLEAR CONTRAST between 14-D and 3-D in COUNTDOWN:ARENA,but some guys still cut the crap…
The problem is that no characters currently scale to this infinite multiverse because the iteration of the multiverse was different in those time periods, as was the cosmology. Darkseid, Barbatos, Perpetua, Mandrakk were all there during the New 52 iteration of the multiverse and then doesn't scale to the infinite multiverse in Dark Crisis: Big Bang

The problem is that no characters currently scale to this infinite multiverse because the iteration of the multiverse was different in those time periods, as was the cosmology. Darkseid, Barbatos, Perpetua, Mandrakk were all there during the New 52 iteration of the multiverse and then doesn't scale to the infinite multiverse in Dark Crisis: Big Bang
Where did this infinite MULTIVERSE come from?

Regardless, it wouldn't make sense to scale characters that weren't in this new iteration of the multiverse with infinite universes since they came from an iteration with a fifty-two universes, before the local multiverse and the pre-crisis multiverse were merged together at the end of Dark Crisis.

Regardless, it wouldn't make sense to scale characters that weren't in this new iteration of the multiverse with infinite universes since they came from an iteration with a fifty-two universes, before the local multiverse and the pre-crisis multiverse were merged together at the end of Dark Crisis.
Literally,I mean the cosmology not those characters…

Literally,I mean the cosmology not those characters…
Cosmologies also apply. I said in another thread that a side note should be made that at the end of Dark Crisis, the Orrery and the Pre-Crisis Multiverse merged, becoming 2-A. This would only upgrade the characters and realms who scale to this new iteration of reality based on context.

For me, a higher upgrade may lack sufficient proof, but at least dc should be 1B.
I'm currently doing a crt about the combined works of various authors who have all worked together throughout the 21st century to construct the DC cosmology (I.e. Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Joshua Williamson with the help of other writers like Geoff Johns)

Higher tiers for this "crisis cosmology" is still possible. 😉

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if we could drop this for now and get back to the topic of this thread please.

I'm currently doing a crt about the combined works of various authors who have all worked together throughout the 21st century to construct the DC cosmology (I.e. Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Joshua Williamson with the help of other writers like Geoff Johns)

Higher tiers for this "crisis cosmology" is still possible. 😉

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if we could drop this for now and get back to the topic of this thread please.
Actually,the above is what I want to say. Apart from the possibility that Spectre v4 may have infinite layers of dreams, I personally think that in order to upgrade, it is necessary to study “crisis cosmology” and more content in the future…

Hi! Guys, I'm really don't understand ur "problem". In John's cosmology man's unconscious contain hierarchy (as was shown earlier) of dreams, that include imagination.

What is imagination in his cosmology? It's literally the source of all creation. As guys show earlier, contain place that transcend higher planes as a concept.

Now, go to the problem "dreams=parallel worlds". Can dreams be parallel to each other? Of course. But how does that cancel that mind contain those structure? Of cource, not. They're just can be like parallel both higher, it doesn’t change anything.
For example, parallel four-dimensional worlds exist within five-dimensional space. Does that cancel its five-dimensionality?

Then go to "higher planes have little meaning=directionless place". Dr. Fate from the world of form came to the spirit world, so he spoke of it as a higher plane. There is no words about directions. And even if they were here, the context would still be the same, because the directions also mean the coordinate axes.

@Robo432343 @VeryGoofyToddler @Bastolan27 @Brahmatman @Minos_the_Judge @Tiktime @PrinceStories Complaining about the wiki's standards will get you nowhere. If you actually want this upgrade to succeed, try putting in as much effort as Ultima did to upgrade Marvel and do enough research to craft a detailed, airtight argument that cleanly cites every relevant part of the story and how they precisely fit the wiki's standards. These kinds of low-effort CRTs with a bunch of scans thrown in aren't going to bring any change.

You didn't write a lot of letters - that's not an argument. This is ab hominem and ab letterer (or whatever it's called when a lot of text is automatically taken as an argument, even if the content is so-so?)
You'd better focus on refuting the scans given earlier, rather than attacking the personality, design, number of letters, and so on

It would be interesting to look at the evidence that proves that ALL AUTHORS will not contradict themselves. Especially those who write Grappler Bаki
I never said the authors wouldn't contradict themselves, I said the nature of those franchises can canonically account for those contradictions.

You didn't write a lot of letters - that's not an argument. This is ab hominem and ab letterer (or whatever it's called when a lot of text is automatically taken as an argument, even if the content is so-so?)
You'd better focus on refuting the scans given earlier, rather than attacking the personality, design, number of letters, and so on
You need detail and well-reasoned arguments, which, as far as I can tell based on the response this thread's received, you don't have. It's as simple as that.

You know, there's one thing I still don't get...

If the Overvoid is said to hold all the stories together, wouldn't this make the DC Cosmology much bigger?

You've already asked this question, and I don't know how to satisfactorily answer it for you.
@Deagonx @Elizio33 @ProfectusInfinity
But it still doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I get that multiple authors and writers have taken different approaches on the Overvoid, but if that's the case, shouldn't it be more of a composite of all the different interpretations made from them if it holds all the stories together?

But it still doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I get that multiple authors and writers have taken different approaches on the Overvoid, but if that's the case, shouldn't it be more of a composite of all the different interpretations made from them if it holds all the stories together?
Please open a separate thread for this, we are deviating from the purpose of CRT.

Everything is relative. If we resolve one thing while turning a blind eye to the same contradiction in the other, it will not be very good. I have a completely calm conversation without aggression, and ask legitimate questions, so I don’t see the point in such unfounded anger
My agitation is perfectly founded when you're derailing. We are not "turning a blind eye" to those contradictions, we've resolved them.

This complaint has already been made and has been rejected. Stop derailing.
I just said that this issue should be discussed under a different thread. He asked for my opinion and I gave my opinion. Since when are opinions questioned? This is my personal opinion, and I have not made it official, you cannot interfere with it. You're constantly making statements that will tense the atmosphere, so don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back