• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we discussing right now? The scaling isn't as big as an issue as you all think imo, we could just make Thanos High 7-A, as well, noting that the 6-C feat permanently injured him.
I'm pretty sure we got everything for scaling taken care of.
Now we need to downgrade the Iron Man armor's which have their tier based on how much energy their reactor is said to be (Mark 1, 2-5, and Mark 6-42's High 8-C tier), so we are finding feats which could work as replacements

I'd say Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are equal to Thanos without a doubt, Captain America is about so equal, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man are a tad bit weaker, if you ask me.
As much as I don't like Captain Marvel, didn't she tank a headbutt from Thanos without flinching or anything of the sort? I think she was clearly above Thanos physically.

I'm pretty sure we got everything for scaling taken care of.
Now we need to downgrade the Iron Man armor's which have their tier based on how much energy their reactor is said to be (Mark 1, 2-5, and Mark 6-42's High 8-C tier), so we are finding feats which could work as replacements
Like I said, I had some issues with the missile feat in the first Iron Man movie and that it could be better made.

Spoiler: The feat is actually higher than what most people think. Still 8-C but you get the idea.

She did indeed.
Yeah, I think that'd be proof that she scales above Thanos. I think I'd have Mjol-Steve as equal to Thanos, since I think they were fairly evenly matched. At least equal to Thanos, actually, since he was kind of knocking the Mad Titan around once he got the hammer.

Let me summarize what we have so far for possible feats

Mark 1
  • Took dozens of bullets from machine guns (I think?) 9-C of some kind
Mark 2-5
  • Survived a anti-aircraft missile (Unknown, KLOL had many issues with the calc)
  • Blew up a tank (Qawsed that in the novelization, he blew up the fuel tank, so the calc should be how much would it be to penetrate a tank like that)
  • Ripped a M1 Abrams tank into 3 with a single swing (Unknown)
  • Fought with obadiah stane, who picked up a car with kids inside (Likely 9-C)
  • Pushed obadiah stane into buildings
  • Tanked the explosion of a Bus (9-A I think, pretty sure the destruction of a car is around that, so a bus should be naturally higher)

Last edited:
Let me summarize what we have so far for possible feats

Mark 1
  • Took dozens of bullets from machine guns (I think?) 9-C of some kind
Mark 2-5
  • Survived a anti-aircraft missile (Unknown, KLOL had many issues with the calc)
  • Blew up a tank (Qawsed that in the novelization, he blew up the fuel tank, so the calc should be how much would it be to penetrate a tank like that)
  • Ripped a M1 Abrams tank into 3 (Unknown)
  • Fought with obadiah stane, who picked up a car with kids inside (Likely 9-C)
  • Pushed obadiah stone into buildings
  • Tanked the explosion of a Bus
Mark 1 can bust down steel doors and carve into walls. 9-B without a doubt, also those machine gun bullets are Browning rounds, and at best the heavier rounds could only mildy stagger him, but they didn't even dent him.

Also, again, it wasn't the anti-aircraft missile that caused the crater (If it did it'd strike the crater instead), it was merely Iron Man being knocked off and creating a crater by his freefall. So basically the crater is done by him merely falling.

The M1 Abrams tank was literally ripped apart into 3 pieces by a single swing from Iron Man as the scan shows. He swings it once, boom, tank is finished.

Last edited:
If I didn't make it clear I agree with High 7-A.

What's wrong with Iron Man?
Basically they don't agree with him being able to use his gigawatt statements as normal AP as he'd otherwise run out of energy right then and there.

Even though I'm pretty sure it's not true at all as the armors can easily take attacks on that level and dish out the same level of attacks without running out of juice (Like ripping tanks apart by swinging them around like clubs and so on, and even being able to shoot full-power repulsor blasts to take apart entire swathes of military equipment).

I will need to check this but the Gigawatts thing may not be fully disposed of.

Tony used the Mark 42 to trap Killian and detonated it with him inside, Killian took the full power of the armor and survived (Albeit seriously injured but healing quickly). Tony and Killian could scale or downscale from this feat as they are around the same level.

I will need to check this but the Gigawatts thing may not be fully disposed of.

Tony used the Mark 42 to trap Killian and detonated it with him inside, Killian took the full power of the armor and survived (Albeit seriously injured but healing quickly). Tony and Killian could scale or downscale from this feat as they are around the same level.
Like I said, they'd definitely scale to it outright alongside those feats I mentioned, plus the crater feat in IM1 when re-done with the correct values will also serve as a supporting feat.

Smiling Majima solos the MCU.

But back on topic, I don't really have much to say on the Iron Man end of things (can't calc to save my life). I was just weighing in on Infinity War and Endgame scaling, really.

For the early IM tier, the 3 giga joule statement for his first reactor should still be valid since his Mark 3 was actively burning through the power already stored against Ironmonger.

As for the turn and burn laser, that’s his entire charge from a brand new reactor and the only thing that scales to it would be Leviathan armor which only Thor and Hulk can break so it doesn’t matter much.

Basically they don't agree with him being able to use his gigawatt statements as normal AP as he'd otherwise run out of energy right then and there.

Even though I'm pretty sure it's not true at all as the armors can easily take attacks on that level and dish out the same level of attacks without running out of juice (Like ripping tanks apart by swinging them around like clubs and so on, and even being able to shoot full-power repulsor blasts to take apart entire swathes of military equipment).
Gigawatts is the energy in one second only, not the entire energy of the arc reactor.

As much as I don't like Captain Marvel, didn't she tank a headbutt from Thanos without flinching or anything of the sort? I think she was clearly above Thanos physically.
Yeah, but that's just one instance of the fight, it was kind of inconsistent how unharmed she was from that when they were equally trading blow beforehand I'm inclined to believe that was sort of a "sheer determination" look instead of her being vastly superior.

The fight started with Captain Marvel stepping (?I think) on Thanos's leg from behind by surprise, punching him with her right arm very strongly as she dragged the arm back quite a bit before punching, causing Thanos to stagger back significantly, Thanos swipes back and misses (there's the sound of a hit though so he probably slightly grazed her), his second blow gets blocked (can't see clearly if it made contact with her torso), Captain Marvel lands two hits but Thanos is mostly unharmed, Captain Marvel goes for another hit but misses and Thanos grabs her arm, spinning her around and throwing her away. She was off balance a bit when Thanos gripped her arm but she couldn't seem to break free easily when Thanos spun her around. Then she stated down for 6-7 seconds which seems the throw was quite hard indeed.

Thanos put on the gauntlet and the energy was already burning his hand (Hulk and Iron Man both had incredible difficulty snapping, despite Thanos's range of destruction being much bigger), so in my opinion his arm was a bit weaker than his normal strength when Captain Marvel flew back and grabbed his fingers. Captain Marvel uses her weight and flight to pull Thanos down into a bad position, both struggle a bit as Thanos can't get her off, he headbutts her and then Captain Marvel didn't flinch, Captain Marvel uses her flight abilities again to push Thanos down into a very bad position, then he uses the Stone to blast her away.

I wouldn't say she's very clearly above Thanos. A bit, maybe, but about equal in my opinion.

Last edited:
The M1 Abrams tank was literally ripped apart into 3 pieces by a single swing from Iron Man as the scan shows. He swings it once, boom, tank is finished.

Swinging the tank means lifting strength would be at least Class K instead of the current Class 50 given to Mark 2-5.

For Carol, the EG director’s commentary says that she is equal to Thor if not stronger though this would only be in regards to AP whereas her durability would simply be much higher.

Hulk = Thanos based on the Russos statement would be inconsistent with both the actual showings on screen (one arm is equal to both EG Thor and Worthy Cap, lifts Hulk’s grip off of himself with ease from a disadvantageous position) and other sources like the guidebook, and the IW novel (state he overpowers and humiliates Hulk, has incomparable strength to Hulk, attributes his victory over Hulk to his strength rather than skill etc.). Hulk is also built different to take gamma rays but still got crippled from one snap while Thanos could perform two with his arm still functioning (albeit rather limited). I can provide the scans for these later.

Wanda easily scales above Thanos and arguably to a greater degree than Carol. Not only did she break his armor easily (which eats repeated strikes to the same spot from Worthy Cap before it gets damaged), she also snapped his sword (broke his shield which tanked hits from EG Mjolnir), and is even called the greatest threat to Thanos on the battlefield in the director’s commentary. Aside from Strange, the rest are beatsticks which she would simply have to scale above. Admittedly Carol didn’t arrive when this statement was made but seeing as Carol has worse feats against his already damaged armor, Wanda > Carol.

What I'm curious about is why Cull Obsidian's profile considers it an outlier to scale him to Iron Man. He was presented as a threat to Iron Man on two separate occasions, with their extended fight in Infinity War and their brief encounter in Endgame, and withstood both physical strikes and repulsor beams pretty well.

Let's look at the two feats mentioned for his Attack Potency scaling:

Overpowered Hulkbuster 2.0: On it's key in Hulk's profile, Hulkbuster 2.0 is scaled to Cull, and to the original Hulkbuster, to which it should be at least comparable or superior. Nothing that really specifically confines Hulkbuster 2.0 to that specific tier is apparent.

His feat of swatting away Vision: This feat looked like it was pretty casual on his part. I don't think this would restrict Cull from being scaled to a tier higher than Vision.

Let's also look at Giant-Man, who at full size, easily defeated Cull: His notable feats are one-shotting Cull and punching Leviathans harder than 2012 Hulk and Thor. Other than getting exhausted over time, I don't believe anything even manages to harm Giant-Man at full size during Ant-Man and the Wasp or Endgame, so I don't think it would be an outlier to scale him to the higher tier characters.

Even if there's not enough to justify Cull (and by extension Hulkbuster 2.0 and full-size Giant-Man) fully scaling to the characters that are being upgraded to High 7-A, I feel like a 'possibly/likely High 7-A' being added after his current tier would make more sense than just dismissing the Iron Man and Hulk stuff as outliers. If that still doesn't work, I suggest that the profile have more of an explanation added for why scaling to Iron Man or Hulk is considered an outlier.

Last edited:
I believe the initial argument was that Tony could give Titan Thanos a good fight and draw blood which would be weird since that would make Cull bopping him twice >=< Titan Thanos while EG Thanos slapped a stronger Tony, Thor and Cap much faster and with relative ease.

Currently there are a number of scans to support Thanos holding back in IW and not trying to kill people while he was bloodlusted in EG. It should be safe to scale Cull > Tony at this point since the only Thanos he would be scaling to in some way is an unarmored Thanos who stands there half the time and just takes the attacks.

Even then, while I wholeheartedly agree that Tony probably had the best performance against Thanos in IW, I'd say it was pretty clear that Thanos even while holding back was very much superior to Tony.

So yeah, I don't think Cull scaling to Tony is a problem.

I'd argue Strange did a bit better against him, but yeah if Thanos wanted to he'd have killed them all a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back