• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Odin supposedly matched and defeated Hela, but Thor didn't seem capable of doing the same, so I'm not sure tbh.
For Hela she was drawing strength from Asgard, so its possible she didn't have that against Odin.

Though him defeating Eternal Flames Surtur is evidence that he's stronger or has better magical abilites at his disposal.

For Hela she was drawing strength from Asgard, so its possible she didn't have that against Odin.

Though him defeating Eternal Flames Surtur is evidence that he's stronger or has better magical abilites at his disposal.
Why wouldn't she have it against him? It was stated to be an innate ability of hers iirc. I think Odin himself even says so.

It was stated to be an innate ability of hers iirc. I think Odin himself even says so.
I have zero memory of this. Hela is the true heir of Asgard and draws power from it once Odin was gone sure. But there wasn't an indication that's how it always was.

I don't really remember Cap outmuscling Tony in the fight, besides Iron Man's going through a shitton of (very justified) CIS in that fight

I have zero memory of this. Hela is the true heir of Asgard and draws power from it once Odin was gone sure. But there wasn't an indication that's how it always was.
Odin says it here at around 3:05. He says that he couldn't stop her, so her imprisoned her, and that she draws her strength from Asgard.

I don't really remember Cap outmuscling Tony in the fight, besides Iron Man's going through a shitton of (very justified) CIS in that fight
Cap couldn't dent into IM's armor but he definitely had the LS advantage and literally lifted Tony above his head with ease before tossing him down to the ground hard.

I mean, lifting someone isn't beating them in LS, and he did quite literally dent the armor, though not much more.

I mean, lifting someone isn't beating them in LS, and he did quite literally dent the armor, though not much more.
Wait, he did it with his punches? Maybe those dents were miniscule.

Also, Iron Man before getting tossed wasn't able to keep up with either Cap or WS (In both cases when Tony was going one-on-one with them he wasn't able to escape their chokeholds without relying on repulsor blasts to knock them off) in a straight-up beatdown without letting Friday do the work for him.

Wait, he did it with his punches? Maybe those dents were miniscule.

Also, Iron Man before getting tossed wasn't able to keep up with either Cap or WS (In both cases when Tony was going one-on-one with them he wasn't able to escape their chokeholds without relying on repulsor blasts to knock them off) in a straight-up beatdown without letting Friday do the work for him.
Yeah Cap and Bucky mostly physically damaged Iron Man with their shield and arm only, but was able to overpower him in close quarters grappling, or a burst of speed and skill as Iron Man seemed to mostly engage in boxing moves before using FRIDAY, which makes sense cuz he's far less skilled than the two. When Iron Man used repulser blasts they were significantly in pain too.

Damn never noticed it was actually his organic arm.
Yep, it's his right arm alright. Another fun fact, while his metal arm was busy ripping out Arc Reactor from Tony, his right hand was busy facepalming Tony into the wall. IM literally couldn't do shit other than rely on his Arc Reactor to blow the metal arm off.

Yeah Cap and Bucky mostly physically damaged Iron Man with their shield and arm only, but was able to overpower him in close quarters grappling, or a burst of speed and skill as Iron Man seemed to mostly engage in boxing moves before using FRIDAY, which makes sense cuz he's far less skilled than the two. When Iron Man used repulser blasts they were significantly in pain too.
Nah, I meant that I don't recall Cap and Bucky denting IM with their bare hands (As in, Cap and Bucky both using their flesh hands without anything else to assist them), but there is that once scene where Cap keeps punching IM to the floor with his hands (The first punch lands on the left side of Tony's face and still seems to be able to stagger Iron Man a bit) before using the shield to crack it open (The shield denting happens on the right side of IM's face).

Last edited:
Regardless of the conclusion of the LS topic, it doesn't change anything about Strange and Thanos considering that Strange used like a billion duplicates to help (and honestly fail to) restrain Thanos, so Strange couldn't scale either way considering it was a dogpile.

Regardless of the conclusion of the LS topic, it doesn't change anything about Strange and Thanos considering that Strange used like a billion duplicates to help (and honestly fail to) restrain Thanos, so Strange couldn't scale either way considering it was a dogpile.
Yeah, I also don't think strange should be 6-C, giving Thanos a hard fight doesn't mean much since he used hax for all of his attacks and Thanos was most likely holding back to get the time stone.

Minor nitpick but his 8-B key should be fixed, Mark 45 was the one with the feat, not Mark 43.

Any other topic left?

Baseline 6-C: Thanos (for obv reasons), IW Thor with Stormbreaker, Captain Marvel (Full Power), Hela (possibly), Odin (he should still be stronger than IW Thor), Surtur (Only his Prime State), IW and Endgame Scarlet Witch.

High 7-A (3.77 Gigatons): Awakened and Endgame Thor (direct feat) [higher with both weapons], Post IW Doctor Strange, Thanos Forces (Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian only), Mjolnir Cap, Sakaar Training and Professor Hulk as well as Hulkbuster 2.0, Bleeding Edge and Mark 85 Iron Man, Ant-Man (Giant-Man), Rescue (Comparable to Bleeding Edge Armor).

So I'm guessing this it?

I believe this is it, with the exception that Stormbreaker is 6-C i think

Should I make it High 7-A for Awakened, IW and Endgame Thor physically and 6-C with Stormbreaker, and higher with both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir?

Idk for Mjolnir, some people would argue Cap with it is 6-C but I don't agree, anyway yeah for the rest

I meant, a higher rating for Thor when using both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. Mjolnir would definitely be High 7-A.

Mjolnir Cap gets the power of Thor so it would be whatever tier Thor is. Thor with both would be higher I guess? But wouldn’t it only apply to when he hits Mjolnir with Stormbreaker?

Strange shouldn’t get High 7-A since he has no feats for it. The only thing brought up for him was his restraints needing Thanos to use the Stones but not only is that lifting and not AP, it was also when he dogpiled him with a hundred copies and Thanos still closed his fist. Compare this to later where he uses the larger bands with the whole team and Thanos instantly yeeted him so even that doesn’t scale unless he spams shadow clones.

Last edited:
Baseline 6-C: Thanos (for obv reasons), IW Thor with Stormbreaker, Captain Marvel (Full Power), Hela (possibly), Odin (he should still be stronger than IW Thor), Surtur (Only his Prime State), IW and Endgame Scarlet Witch.

High 7-A (3.77 Gigatons): Awakened and Endgame Thor (direct feat) [higher with both weapons], Post IW Doctor Strange, Thanos Forces (Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian only), Mjolnir Cap, Sakaar Training and Professor Hulk as well as Hulkbuster 2.0, Bleeding Edge and Mark 85 Iron Man, Ant-Man (Giant-Man), Rescue (Comparable to Bleeding Edge Armor).

So I'm guessing this it?
Yeah, this looks great to me.

I also agree that Iron Man should stay where he's at.

Ok, the only thing left to discuss is Strange. Is he High 7-A or High 7-C? around 0:50, Strange on his own was pulling Thanos Gauntlet off which Thanos somewhat struggled to pull back and around 1:35, he was pulling Thanos right arm on his own, while Iron Man and Spider-Man were pulling the Gauntlet. Also, his shields took attacks from physical strikes of Thanos.

Mjolnir Cap gets the power of Thor so it would be whatever tier Thor is. Thor with both would be higher I guess? But wouldn’t it only apply to when he hits Mjolnir with Stormbreaker?

Strange shouldn’t get High 7-A since he has no feats for it. The only thing brought up for him was his restraints needing Thanos to use the Stones but not only is that lifting and not AP, it was also when he dogpiled him with a hundred copies and Thanos still closed his fist. Compare this to later where he uses the larger bands with the whole team and Thanos instantly yeeted him so even that doesn’t scale unless he spams shadow clones.
You can argue that Captain America had a combination of his previous strength, although it's kinda negligible, so it's more so ridiculously good fighting skills idk.

Maybe it would only apply to Captain America using Mjolnir or shield (with his new strength amp)?

I mean if we make the telekinetic guy High 7-A Strange should be too

Ok, the only thing left to discuss is Strange. Is he High 7-A or High 7-C? around 0:50, Strange on his own was pulling Thanos Gauntlet off which Thanos somewhat struggled to pull back and around 1:35, he was pulling Thanos right arm on his own, while Iron Man and Spider-Man were pulling the Gauntlet. Also, his shields took attacks from physical strikes of Thanos.

Thanos was kinda jobbing the first half of the fight for everyone tbh.

And also Thanos was mentally sedated at 1:35, which is why he couldn't break Strange's grip then, but once freed by Quill, he casually tossed Strange to the horizon.

Thanos was canonically jobbing, the Russos said he didn't wanna kill anyone there and he could have just turned everyone into salami with the Stone at any moment if he wanted to, but we still scale Stark to him since he made him bleed, even though that was just a scratch after a lot of attacks, if we're being so generous with him we should be for Strange too

Thanos was canonically jobbing, the Russos said he didn't wanna kill anyone there and he could have just turned everyone into salami with the Stone at any moment if he wanted to, but we still scale Stark to him since he made him bleed, even though that was just a scratch after a lot of attacks, if we're being so generous with him we should be for Strange too

If you let yourself be pulled by a toddler than the toddler could certainly pull your arm.

I don't think you can lower your durability to have your skin cut by a punch though.

I wouldn't want to scale Iron Man to Thanos for that reason, but it makes a lot more sense than scaling for lifting strength, especially when the lifting strength has two contradictions to it during the nonjobbing half of the fight, unlike Iron Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back