• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue Strange did a bit better against him, but yeah if Thanos wanted to he'd have killed them all a lot faster.
Y'know, normally I'd disagree with this slightly, but honestly we'd be arguing semantics at that point lol, so I won't derail the thread with that. Tier High 7-A is so small that it's all practically the same anyway.

So from everything I read, I guess this is the final decision. Correct me on any of these if you feel they are wrong.

Baseline 6-C: Thanos (for obv reasons), IW Thor with Stormbreaker, Captain Marvel (Full Power), Post IW Doctor Strange, Hela (possibly), Odin (he should still be stronger than IW Thor), Surtur (Only his Prime State), IW and Endgame Scarlet Witch.

High 7-A (3.77 Gigatons): Awakened and Endgame Thor (direct feat) [higher with both weapons], Thanos Forces (Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian only), Mjolnir Cap, Sakaar Training and Professor Hulk as well as Hulkbuster 2.0, Bleeding Edge and Mark 85 Iron Man, Ant-Man (Giant-Man), Rescue (Comparable to Bleeding Edge Armor).

Anyone I'm missing out?

Last edited:
IW Iron Man being called the Bleeding Edge when the Civil War suit was clearly based on it triggers me to an unreasonable degree...

Didn't Odin state that Thor surpassed him, or that he would upon becoming Awakened?

Well, when Thor said "I'm not as strong as you.", Odin said "No, you're stronger.", but I'm not sure if he meant it literally in terms of strength or just as a king or something.
Because Odin supposedly matched and defeated Hela, but Thor didn't seem capable of doing the same, so I'm not sure tbh.

There are 2 interpretations behind it.

One, he could simply mean 'strong' will/resolve, since Thor had what it takes to make a decision Odin could never have the resolve for. Remember, he's meant to be a king better than his own father. The fact that Thor brought up Odin being stronger when they were talking about his power could simply mean he's not 'strong' enough to use his power, where Odin responds with 'you're stronger'.

Two, 'you're stronger' could be referring to Thor being stronger than Old Odin, not the Prime Odin that has faced and beat both Hela and Prime Surtur in the past.

I think you've got it all good now.
Though I think you forgot Captain Marvel in the 6-C category.

Also I'm not sure about Strange scaling to 6-C, but I can see it.
Added Captain Marvel.
Also, I think he scales due to being the only opponent that forced Thanos to use all the stones he had at the time. And even restraining him to the point that Thanos had to resort to using the stones to break free of his bindings.

I could see Thor maybe being stronger than current Odin, only if there was any indication that he got weaker with age.

Added Captain Marvel.
Also, I think he scales due to being the only opponent that forced Thanos to use all the stones he had at the time. And even restraining him to the point that Thanos had to resort to using the stones to break free of his bindings.
Good point. Then yeah, he should probably scale then.

Speaking of Hela and Surtur, I do agree with them scaling to 6-C due to how superior they clearly were to Awakened Thor. He pretty much had no hope of defeating either of them.

Strange should definitely scale. He put up the best fight against Thanos than anyone else IMO.

Also was it decided that IW Thor would scale above Endgame Thor?

I think IW Thor should either be stronger, or both should be equal (which seems likely tbh), but Endgame Thor being stronger makes no sense imo.

I don’t really have a problem with Endgame Thor being stronger (if he’s stated to be stronger, then there’s not much you can say otherwise lol), but they should at least be comparable. One definitely shouldn’t be a tier higher than the other.

I mean... that’s still stronger though when they’re more or less comparable (and EG Thor actually has statements of being the stronger one).

I really don't think it makes sense for Thor to get stronger by sitting around for five years doing nothing but chugging down barrels of beer and playing Fortnite, but hey if you all think otherwise that's fine. It really doesn't make much of a difference either way since both will be tiered the same physically anyway.

If we make IW and Endgame Thor equal, would they be High 7-A or 6-C? If they're 6-C, professor Hulk would be 6-C as well for that statement of being stronger than all the Avengers including Thor. (Reading through the actual dialogues, Thor said he was the strongest Avenger, but Banner stated that being strong is not enough and that none of the Avengers would survive the snap due to gamma radiation)

No, physically Thor can't scale to 6-C. He got stomped hard by Thanos in Endgame. With Stormbreaker, at least in IW, he should be 6-C though.

I think that's the best option, yes.

Also for the people who were saying that Thanos' Infinity Stone beam against Thor wasn't him going all out, yeah that's true, but 6 Infinity stones should still output more power than Thanos' physicals. So Stormbreaker should be 6-C for sure.

I just noticed that Korg is currently scaled to Cull Obsidian. I feel like it wouldn't be consistent to use that scaling, and that Korg should instead be downgraded to "At least 8-A, likely higher' for his other listed feat of defeating multiple Berserkers.

In the few seconds shown of Korg's "fight" with Cull Obsidian (shown in this video from 3:19 to 3:24), he is shown landing exactly one hit on Cull, which staggers him. It is worth mentioning that this is while Cull is visibly distracted by Drax jumping on his back, and so he seems caught off guard by Korg's attack. Immediately prior to Drax jumping on Cull, it is very briefly shown that Cull is physically restraining Korg without much issue. Cull goes after Iron Man very shortly after this scene (3:42 in the video), so this encounter couldn't have lasted much longer than what was shown.

(As a bonus, I also found an additional High 7-A durability scaling feat for Cull Obsidian while going through the video: In the foreground at 3:07, Cull withstands Mjolnir getting thrown at him by Captain America)

It is worth mentioning that another Kronan warrior that appeared in Thor: the Dark World (shown here at 1:31) was shown as being capable of knocking away an Asgardian Warrior with a casual blow, but was shattered to pieces from a single Mjolnir strike from Thor. Assuming that Korg is comparable in strength to this Kronan, it would put him as scaling above typical Asgardians (consistent with him defeating multiple Berserkers, resurrected Asgardian soldiers), but far below even Thor's Base key, let alone Thor's Awakened/Post Decimation keys and other High 7-A characters.

So from everything I read, I guess this is the final decision. Correct me on any of these if you feel they are wrong.

Baseline 6-C: Thanos (for obv reasons), IW Thor with Stormbreaker, Captain Marvel (Full Power), Post IW Doctor Strange, Hela (possibly), Odin (he should still be stronger than IW Thor), Surtur (Only his Prime State), IW and Endgame Scarlet Witch.

High 7-A (3.77 Gigatons): Awakened and Endgame Thor (direct feat) [higher with both weapons], Thanos Forces (Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian only), Mjolnir Cap, Sakaar Training and Professor Hulk as well as Hulkbuster 2.0, Bleeding Edge and Mark 85 Iron Man, Ant-Man (Giant-Man), Rescue (Comparable to Bleeding Edge Armor).

Anyone I'm missing out?
Great, need more staff input on this.

How far into 6-C is Thanos's feat? If it's about baseline we should just make Thanos High 7-A tbh given how it permanently injured him.
It's 5 gigatons, a little bit above baseline. While Thor's endgame feat is 3.77 gigatons, a little bit below baseline.
So we decided that scaling him to baseline is happy medium that acknowledges both the fact that he survived the first snap with minor injuries (while Stormbreaker was planted in his chest) AND that he stomped Endgame Thor.
Baseline 6-C is 4.3 gigatons btw.

Dr. Strange did put up the biggest fight against Thanos, but was it actually due to AP or just ability versatility?
I'd say both, like Thanos casually broke out of everything the Avengers and the Guardians threw at him with brute force alone, yet had to use the stones to break out of Strange's bindings.

If we make IW and Endgame Thor equal, would they be High 7-A or 6-C? If they're 6-C, professor Hulk would be 6-C as well for that statement of being stronger than all the Avengers including Thor. (Reading through the actual dialogues, Thor said he was the strongest Avenger, but Banner stated that being strong is not enough and that none of the Avengers would survive the snap due to gamma radiation)
Not really, Hulk survived due to a specific resistance for Gamma radiation. On top of which, it doesn't make sense for him to be 6-C since he got decked badly by Thanos, who was all agreed to be baseline. I don't think hulk should be 6-C

As for cull, I am unsure if he should be High 7-A, he has had some High 7-A feats, but his attacks didn't kill war machine and vision, and he got knocked back by Black Panther and Drax. He is kinda inconsistent

Last edited:
idk, Strange restraining Thanos just sounds like scaling LS rather than AP.
I still think only lifting strength for that specific ability should scale, but even then there were like 1000 Doctor Stranges in that time, so it was more a tug of war between an adult athlete and a classroom of 2nd graders.

Last edited:
Strange has no AP feats on that level though. When he and Drax were double teaming Thanos, he couldn’t harm him at all which is the only time he ever hits Thanos or someone not a sorcerer. Everything else he uses are hax or don’t involve AP but another stat like LS or dura.

For the Cull stuff, he only ever hits Vision and Rhodey once each and wasn’t even trying against the former. Even if you say he was going all out in both of those instances, he still has more feats of being High 7-A than either of Vision and Rhodey’s tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back