• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator

Important notes​

• Both supporters and detractors, please approach this more civilly than the last thread. Nothing can get done if this is turned into a mud slinging contest.
  • This thread will be taking a different approach and using straightforward, already accepted feats in an attempt to be concise as possible.
  • To supporters, please avoid whataboutisms. Not only are comparisons to other Verses almost never 1-to-1 but they almost always lead to “X character is just wanked!” derailing.
I realized the 4-A rating of Mario (who has appeared in over 250 games) is based on a total of 3 feats: Power Stars, King Boo, and Brobot.

Attack Potency: Multi-Solar System level (Can defeat users of the Power Stars, which can create pocket dimensions full of stars. Can harm Power Moon users, which are comparable to Power Stars. Fought King Boo who created several realms with many stars)

Durability: Multi-Solar System level (Capable of taking hits from Bowser, Power Star users, Power Moon users, and King Boo. Tanked Brobot's explosion, which destroyed a realm containing numerous stars)

So if this is the case, what makes Low 2-C an outlier?

Black Jewel

The Black Jewel has Low 2-C Attack Potency and Durability for creating a parallel universe, which collapses upon its defeat, implying it was sustaining it. Wario could harm and tank hits from it, as well as tank the parallel universe’s collapse.

Grand Stars
The Grand Stars are rated as Low 2-C power sources as one served as the power source for the Galaxy Reactor, a mechanism that could collapse and recreate the universe:

Based on a key on Bowser’s profile being amplified by a Grand Star bestows Low 2-C AP and Dura:

Attack Potency: Universe level+(Empowered by a Grand Star which is not only vastly superior to Power Stars, but is also the source of power that he was going to use to destroy and remake the universe during the events of the first Super Mario Galaxy game)

Durability: Universal+ (Empowered by a Grand Star), higher via his shell

Even if you don’t want to scale Mario to a Grand Star-empowered Bowser, he has defeated other enemies empowered by Grand Stars (Bowser Junior, Gobblegut, King Kaliente, ect), which would make said enemies Low 2-C for the same logic Bowser is.

This scaling essentially operates under the same logic of us scaling Mario to Power Stars.

The Sammer Kingdom feat​

In SPM, Mario and his party withstand the incomplete Void, which destroys the dimension of Sammer’s Kingdom.

The Void destroys space-time, and Mario’s party were still in the universe as it was being destroyed.

- "At the 30th gate, The Void will reach its mature state and destroy the kingdom of the Sammer Guys-with you still in it."

My Point​

• Based on the logic we already use for the profiles, a Low 2-C rating doesn’t seem out of the question.
  • If three feats can warrant 4-A, why can’t three feats warrant Low 2-C?
What do you think?

Last edited:
yes
Yes!
YES!
I was waiting for someone to do this since forever!
Imma agree with this
Low 2-C makes the 4-A feats look like outliers IMO
So yeah
Agree

Plot twist: Because Mario have only 3 4-A feats he would be downgraded.

But seriously though I pretty much agree.

Wouldn't Mario have a variance between those kind of ratings? Anyway, proposed:

Varies from at least 4-A to 3-C to Low 2-C

Since it's taken in mind that Mario can defeat grand star powered characters on some diferent ocasions while on other hand he would have a variant factor of definition for each one of his tierings in the current powerscalling taken serious in the current ratings.

Otherwise, I agree with proposing Low 2-C rating for base.

i saw this eventually coming one day

anyways, i obviously agree with the CRT, 4-A is acceptable, but Low 2-C makes more sense

A likely Low 2-C may be the best, although I'm fine with straight tier 2.

Also for Mario Galaxy especially (if base Low 2-C gets refused) : Mario's boosted by the luma he gets at the very beginning of the game, being able to destroy things he never could with his jumps.

Considering what happened in the last Low 2-C Mario thread, this isn't gonna end well. At all. Nevertheless, I agree with a varies tier

The Grand Star image doesn't work
latest

Here

A likely Low 2-C may be the best, although I'm fine with straight tier 2.

Also for Mario Galaxy especially (if base Low 2-C gets refused) : Mario's boosted by the luma he gets at the very beginning of the game, being able to destroy things he never could with his jumps.
False, Young Master Luma only gave Mario the spin jump, aka the "power to travel through space" in order to use the Star Launcher, which required the Spin Jump. So Mario isn't amped.

I thought there were more 4-A feats that kinda let people be okay with that rating, but I remember the other threads for the 4-A rating having a lot of rejections.

But yeah, this seems sensible so far. I have a feeling it won't stay that way though.

The Grand Stars being Low 2-C thing but not Mario always confused me because it does not make any sense within the context of Galaxy.

uh, there arent 3 4-A feats, there are 9 from what i remember possibly more it just isnt listed on the profiles also going off the profiles there are 4 feats for 4-A

So from what i can find we have dreamy luigi sneezing away constellations, power stars creating starry skies in 64, it makes a constellation by itself, king boo creating a starry sky, brobot which could be used for either side, and antasma manipulating and having some amount of dominion over a dream world which could be used for either side

So from what i can find we have dreamy luigi sneezing away constellations, power stars creating starry skies in 64, it makes a constellation by itself, king boo creating a starry sky, brobot which could be used for either side, and antasma manipulating and having some amount of dominion over a dream world which could be used for either side
  • Dreamy Luigi moving constellations is High 4-C
  • Power Star making a starry sky is 4-A, and it making a constellation is High 4-C
  • King Boo is 4-A
  • Brobot is 4-A
  • Dreams are Universal in size so Antasma’s thing wouldn’t be a 4-A feat
So, 3 4-A feats.

I’m getting some horrendous flashbacks. Hopefully the lack of “he who shall not be named“ might help.

Huh, thought there were more Low 2-C feats on hand. I agree with the Black Jewel and Grand Star feats, but I'm still kind of shakey on how the Sammer Kingdom feat should be handled. This document is probably outdated with my current view (I haven't reviewed it since I wrote it years ago), but it probably at least presents why the feat might fall under 3-A instead.

Nice CRT, though, good job on the research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back