• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Revision Bros 2.0 (Mario and the Power Stars)

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
This thread is a continuation and/or revision of the previous thread I made for the Super Mario Bros. In this thread, we'll be proposing Power Star keys for the characters as well as going over the power of the Power Stars. Seeing as how people had their doubts about the Power Stars being Galaxy level in the previous thread, we'll also be going over their power in this thread if required. Let's begin...

Why should Mario have his Power Star key?

Here's why I believe Mario and Luigi as well as the rest of the cast should have their Power Star keys back on their profiles...

Power Stars should scale to the user, as we have many instances of them empowering the characters who are holding onto them or Power Stars being able to amplify users. One of the most blatant examples of this comes from Mario Party DS, where it's directly told that Mario uses the power of the stars. Here, it's very blatant as it tells us exactly what the purpose of them is, which is to power users. In both versions of Mario 64, Power Stars give power to those who collect them, indicating that just having them gives you power alone. There are more examples such as Mario Galaxy, where Bowser Jr. HEAVILY implies that the bosses who are refought are juiced up by The Grand Stars (which Power Stars should be similar to) and used them to obtain the form they take now. Besides, how else would Mario beat Bowser in Super Mario 64 who was also amped by the Power Stars and claimed that Mario's star power was useless against him in the final battle?

Suffice it to say, those who have Power Stars SHOULD be empowered by them. We have many games across many different eras of Mario that consistently point to the notion that Power Stars are a source of power to those who collect them and bosses who use them can even obtain a different form and become stronger than the first time they were fought.

Conclusions

To me, I don't think it makes much sense to have Mario and the gang listed as "higher with Power Stars" and Bowser at "3-C with preparation", but at the same time NOT allow them to scale to it. And that's why I propose returning the Power Star key for everyone.

Power Stars keys should return and instead of what was previously discussed, the primary rating will be Large Star level due to this feat:

Large Star level (a single power star was able to move 12 stars)

Here is Mario´s page if the upgrade is accepted

Agree: @ZespeonGalaxy, @Corin211, @CloverDragon03, @DarkDragonMedeus, @GyroNutz @Maverick_Zero_X @Armorchompy
Disagree:
@Lou_change
Neutral: @Qawsedf234

Last edited:
I thought we already rejected power star scaling. Which is why the downgrades happened originally.

I thought we already rejected power star scaling. Which is why the downgrades happened originally.

Chompy was fine with it. We didn't have a problem bringing back "3-C with Power Stars" in the previous thread.

Last edited:
The power stars / lumas scaling to the full yield of making a galaxy for their constant amp is weird still as pointed out since it's a one and done thing they can accomplish; not done continually. Maybe something like the energy yield divided by the timeframe it takes (events of galaxy / galaxy 2 take a day max in canon iirc with the festival)...

I disagree for reasons similar to why I disagreed with 3-B with multiple power stars we don’t have proof of an amp this large and it creates inconsistencies.

I disagree for reasons similar to why I disagreed with 3-B with multiple power stars we don’t have proof of an amp this large and it creates inconsistencies.
Then what do you propose? Different tiers for the Power Stars?

The power stars / lumas scaling to the full yield of making a galaxy for their constant amp is weird still as pointed out since it's a one and done thing they can accomplish; not done continually. Maybe something like the energy yield divided by the timeframe it takes (events of galaxy / galaxy 2 take a day max in canon iirc with the festival)...
What do you suggest we do?

Just “higher with power stars”
Well, we can't just keep the cast at this. We need to determine the most appropriate tier for Mario and the others with a Power Star. That's the purpose of this thread.

We don’t know how much power stars amp them and they aren’t used for anything super impressive so from what we know they are just vaguely higher

We don’t know how much power stars amp them and they aren’t used for anything super impressive so from what we know they are just vaguely higher
To be fair, we do have a couple of High 4-C calculations for the Power Stars and we should still be allowed to say they can create realms with one or more stars. If we can't place the cast at Galaxy level alone, we have these feats we can draw upon. I mean, I could understand everyone's doubts on the cast being 3-C with a Power Star, but surely there's gotta be an appropriate tier we can place the characters at with one.

To be fair, we do have a couple of High 4-C calculations for the Power Stars and we should still be allowed to say they can create realms with one or more stars. If we can't place the cast at Galaxy level alone, we have these feats we can draw upon. I mean, I could understand everyone's doubts on the cast being 3-C with a Power Star, but surely there's gotta be an appropriate tier we can place the characters at with one.
Those aren’t necessarily equivalent to the amp

The SM64 thing was rejected, gotta use something else.

Anyway not against adding a key but neutral on the tier until we hash things out.

There's Super Mario 64, assuming we can still use that.
The SM64 thing was rejected, gotta use something else.

Anyway not against adding a key but neutral on the tier until we hash things out.
Ok then:

Large Star level (a single power star was able to move 12 stars) to Solar System level with enough Power Stars, possibly Galaxy level (Power stars are a possible future transformation of Lumas, with some Lumas being capable of becoming entire galaxies.)

Last edited:

Conclusions​

Power Stars keys should return and instead of what was previously discussed, the Galaxy level rating will be secondary and classified as "Possibly Galaxy level", the primary rating will be Large Star level due to this feat and, with enough Power Stars, characters can become Solar System level as calculated before:

Large Star level (a single power star was able to move 12 stars) to Solar System level with enough Power Stars, possibly Galaxy level (Power stars are a possible future transformation of Lumas, with some Lumas being capable of becoming entire galaxies.)

Last edited:

Conclusions​

Power Stars keys should return and instead of what was previously discussed, the Galaxy level rating will be secondary and classified as "Possibly Galaxy level", the primary rating will be Large Star level due to this feat and, with enough Power Stars, characters can become Solar System level as calculated before:

I think we should maintain the "3-C with prepare time" for Bowser in his base key

Also, change the blog with the ratings that i proposed
It's done.

the Solar System level calc is wrong. i'll go leave a comment on the blog but both ends acquired aren't correct.
Would you still support a High 4-C for Power Star Mario, then? What needs to be corrected on the black hole calculation?

Would you still support a High 4-C for Power Star Mario, then?
i do not care.
What needs to be corrected on the black hole calculation?
i left a comment on it (tho cal is completely inactive i think) so i'll just copypaste it.
cool so uh
the original calc is wrong. we don't do black holes via E=MC^2.
the latter one is also wrong.
that star is smaller than a black hole of equal mass would be (i mean just look at it, the black hole it comes from is bigger than itself), meaning you can't use GBE, and instead have to treat it like a black hole.
simply use the formula on our page for black hole feats.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Hole_feats_in_fiction
divide the mass of the object by either Earth's mass or the Sun's mass (whichever is closer) and multiply the result by the respective body's GBE.
1.1311737e+27 / 5.972e24 = 189.4 Earth masses.
189.4 * 2.487e32 = 4.711e34 J, 11.26 Yottatons, 5-A.

Power Stars should scale to the user, as we have many instances of them empowering the characters who are holding onto them or Power Stars being able to amplify users. One of the most blatant examples of this comes from Mario Party DS, where it's directly told that Mario uses the power of the stars. Here, it's very blatant as it tells us exactly what the purpose of them is, which is to power users. In both versions of Mario 64, Power Stars give power to those who collect them, indicating that just having them gives you power alone. There are more examples such as Mario Galaxy, where Bowser Jr. HEAVILY implies that the bosses who are refought are juiced up by The Grand Stars (which Power Stars should be similar to) and used them to obtain the form they take now. Besides, how else would Mario beat Bowser in Super Mario 64 who was also amped by the Power Stars and claimed that Mario's star power was useless against him in the final battle?
I still don't understand what the implication is supposed to be with the BJ thing but for the rest, yeah.
Since 4-B seems to be agreed to be rejected I'll leave that aside but I'm still not really sold on 3-C, even if we assume that the energy that goes into the creation of a power star and a galaxy are equal (which is fine imo), that would mean that it'd be impossible for either to be capable of outputting as much energy every second as that

Back