• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Multiplier Bros REVAMPED (4-B AP proposal for Mario Bros)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
Remake of these two threads...

Summary​

After the recent CRT for High 4-C Super Mario characters with Power Star keys was accepted, I decided to create another thread discussing the number of Power Stars from a few games. For this CRT, I'll be using multipliers to explain why I believe the cast of The Mario Bros deserves to be 4-B for their Power Star keys. Without further ado, let's delve into the CRT.

Going by the games​

Super Mario 64

In this game, the stars provide power to Peach's castle, which is proven:
Mario was stated to grow stronger and gain more power and courage from Peach's Castle the more Power Stars he collected, so what this must imply is that he's far stronger than he was thanks to possessing more Power Stars and gaining said power from the castle. There are 120 stars in the Nintendo 64 version of this game while there are about 150 in the DS version. Now, if we were to assume that Mario had all 120 Power Stars and multiplied this by the Large Star level calculation which results in 7.62 FOE for the characters' Power Star key, we get 914.4 FOE, which is Solar System level. If we used the number of Power Stars from the DS version and multiplied the calculation by 150, we get 1,143 FOE, which is also Solar System level. Even if we were to use the minimum amount (70 Power Stars) to beat the game, we'd still get Solar System level (533.4 FOE)

Mario Party

Throughout this series, characters are able to hold up to a max of 99 stars in the first installment and 999 in the later installments. Taking the first number and multiplying it by the calculation's result, we get 754.38 FOE (Solar System level), and if we multiplied the calculation's result by the latter, we get 7,612.38 FOE (Solar System level)

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

There are about 242 stars in total for these games, with Mario and Luigi collecting 121 each. If we took 121 and multiplied it by 7.52 FOE, we'd get 922.02 FOE, which is Solar System level.

Super Mario 3D World

In this game, there are about 380 green stars the Mario Bros can have on themselves. These green stars look identical to Power Stars and have no contradictions to them. If we take the value from the High 4-C calculation and multiply it by 380, we get a combined amount of 2,895.6 FOE, which is Solar System level.

Super Mario Odyssey

Excluding the amount of Power Moons in the game, there are about 104 Power Stars that can be found in the Mushroom Kingdom stage. Assuming Mario has these 104 Power Stars, if we multiplied 7.62 FOE by this number, we'd get 792.48 FOE, bringing us to Solar System level.

Conclusion​

Seeing as how the goal of a few Super Mario games is to collect as many Power Stars as possible in order to advance to the next level, I'd argue that these multipliers are pretty consistent to warrant Mario and the cast of the "High 4-C, possibly/likely 4-B with enough Power Stars". Of course, this is not going to scale to EVERY character in the series if it passes, but rather the playable ones who collect these Power Stars throughout the listed games, such as the Mario Bros as well as Yoshi and Wario from the DS version of Super Mario 64. I will be using 70 Power Stars for the lowest end since that's how many it takes to beat Bowser in the final battle of Super Mario 64. Here are the changes if it gets accepted.

Agree: @ZespeonGalaxy, @StretchSebe
Neutral: @Mephistus
Disagree:

Last edited:
Radical and fringe to consider the niche and hardly utilized Power Stars in the series as part of Mario and co's tiering. /s

Power moons get stored elsewhere but yeah; he still can get power stars/moons in one area (everybody probably already knows they're one in the same by now but I digress).

The Power Stars have been a major part of the series for 25+ years now, and it'd be really strange to ignore their usage, influence on characters/spaces, and the cast constantly collecting and using their power game after game after game.

Radical and fringe to consider the niche and hardly utilized Power Stars in the series as part of Mario and co's tiering. /s

Power moons get stored elsewhere but yeah; he still can get power stars/moons in one area (everybody probably already knows they're one in the same by now but I digress).

The Power Stars have been a major part of the series for 25+ years now, and it'd be really strange to ignore their usage, influence on characters/spaces, and the cast constantly collecting and using their power game after game after game.
So, is that an agreement?

Dewd mario hasnt been shown to use them he doesnt carry them and power stars reset after the games 🤓

Profile looks fine, “with enough power stars” doesnt sit right with me, my proposal would be an exact number of power stars.

Profile looks fine, “with enough power stars” doesnt sit right with me, my proposal would be an exact number of power stars.
70 was the lowest I could think of considering that's how many it takes to beat Bowser a third and final time in SM64.

We barely got a Power Star key and you already want a upgrade for it......

Anyway, i would personally agree with "Large Star level (a single Power Star was able to move 12 stars) higher with more Power Stars", since Mario & co can always get more Power Stars, but don't do that because the game limits that

Anyway, thoughts on my proposed rating?: "Large Star level (a single Power Star was able to move 12 stars) higher with more Power Stars"
No

Summary​

After the recent CRT for High 4-C Super Mario characters with Power Star keys was accepted, I decided to create another thread discussing the number of Power Stars from a few games. For this CRT, I'll be using multipliers to explain why I believe the cast of The Mario Bros deserves to be 4-B for their Power Star keys. Without further ado, let's delve into the CRT.

Going by the games​

Super Mario 64

Mario was stated to grow stronger and gain more power and courage from Peach's Castle the more Power Stars he collected, so what this must imply is that he's far stronger than he was thanks to possessing more Power Stars and gaining said power from the castle. There are 120 stars in the Nintendo 64 version of this game while there are about 150 in the DS version. Now, if we were to assume that Mario had all 120 Power Stars and multiplied this by the Large Star level calculation which results in 7.62 FOE for the characters' Power Star key, we get 914.4 FOE, which is Solar System level. If we used the number of Power Stars from the DS version and multiplied the calculation by 150, we get 1,143 FOE, which is also Solar System level. Even if we were to use the minimum amount (70 Power Stars) to beat the game, we'd still get Solar System level (533.4 FOE)

Mario Party

Throughout this series, characters are able to hold up to a max of 99 stars in the first installment and 999 in the later installments. Taking the first number and multiplying it by the calculation's result, we get 754.38 FOE (Solar System level), and if we multiplied the calculation's result by the latter, we get 7,612.38 FOE (Solar System level)

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

There are about 242 stars in total for these games, with Mario and Luigi collecting 121 each. If we took 121 and multiplied it by 7.52 FOE, we'd get 922.02 FOE, which is Solar System level.

Super Mario 3D World

In this game, there are about 380 green stars the Mario Bros can have on themselves. These green stars look identical to Power Stars and have no contradictions to them. If we take the value from the High 4-C calculation and multiply it by 380, we get a combined amount of 2,895.6 FOE, which is Solar System level.

Super Mario Odyssey

Excluding the amount of Power Moons in the game, there are about 104 Power Stars that can be found in the Mushroom Kingdom stage. Assuming Mario has these 104 Power Stars, if we multiplied 7.62 FOE by this number, we'd get 7,612.38 FOE, bringing us to Solar System level.

Conclusion​

Seeing as how the goal of a few Super Mario games is to collect as many Power Stars as possible in order to advance to the next level, I'd argue that these multipliers are pretty consistent to warrant Mario and the cast of the "High 4-C, possibly/likely 4-B with enough Power Stars". Of course, this is not going to scale to EVERY character in the series if it passes, but rather the playable ones who collect these Power Stars throughout the listed games, such as the Mario Bros as well as Yoshi and Wario from the DS version of Super Mario 64. I will be using 70 Power Stars for the lowest end since that's how many it takes to beat Bowser in the final battle of Super Mario 64. Here are the changes if it gets accepted.

Agree: @ZespeonGalaxy
Neutral:
Disagree:

Excluding the amount of Power Moons in the game, there are about 104 Power Stars that can be found in the Mushroom Kingdom stage. Assuming Mario has these 104 Power Stars, if we multiplied 7.62 FOE by this number, we'd get 7,612.38 FOE, bringing us to Solar System level.
quick fix

7.62*104 = 792.48

still is SSL

also this should affect Lifting Strength as well, if we go by this logic.

Last edited:
Don't ignore the rest of the text:
Answer is still no

Summary​

Going by the games​

Super Mario 64

Mario Party

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Super Mario 3D World

Super Mario Odyssey

Conclusion​

Agree: @ZespeonGalaxy
Neutral:
Disagree:
Again, the low-ball is 70 Power Stars.

Summary​

Going by the games​

Super Mario 64

Mario Party

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Super Mario 3D World

Super Mario Odyssey

Excluding the amount of Power Moons in the game, there are about 104 Power Stars that can be found in the Mushroom Kingdom stage. Assuming Mario has these 104 Power Stars, if we multiplied 7.62 FOE by this number, we'd get 792.48 FOE, bringing us to Solar System level.

Conclusion​

Agree: @ZespeonGalaxy, @StretchSebe
Neutral:
Disagree:
We're using a specific amount of stars.

Why we would do that? As i said before: "Mario & co can always get more Power Stars, but don't do that because the game limits that"
They don't limit to where we can't have 4-B with them. If it did, the games wouldn't even allow the gang to carry 3, which would be 22.86 FOE (Solar System level)

They don't limit to where we can't get a 4-B with them. If it did, the games wouldn't even allow the gang to carry 3, which would be 22.86 FOE
Games like SM64 limit you to just 120 Power Stars and Mario Party to just 99 Power Stars in the first installment, although the characters can always get more Power Stars and always increase their power

Games like SM64 limit you to just 120 Power Stars and Mario Party to just 99 Power Stars in the first installment, although the characters can always get more Power Stars and always increase their power
You still get Solar System level in either of those scenarios...

Looks good on paper, but in execution. I kind of feels prone to inconsistency given that he has more than one Power Star but repeatedly fights foes who only have 1. Though getting stronger with each Power Star he collects is something I do agree with, but adding a multitude for each and every one is the part that seems a bit overkill.

Looks good on paper, but in execution. I kind of feels prone to inconsistency given that he has more than one Power Star but repeatedly fights foes who only have 1. Though getting stronger with each Power Star he collects is something I do agree with, but adding a multitude for each and every one is the part that seems a bit overkill.
Well, at the very least could give them 3 Power Stars, which would bring us to 22.86 FOE (Solar System level)

Are you following my reasoning? I already said the game limits the amount of Power Stars that the characters can use, because they can naturally infinitely increase the amount
How can a game that limits the amount of stars a character can carry "infinitely increase the amount" they can carry? What sense does that make?

Thank you! What's your vote on this?
As discussed before in prior linked threads, I think a case first needs to be made for scaling physicals to the telekinesis. like either through some Universal Energy System with the "star power" done through the feats or redefining the telekinesis feat being done through raw explosive energy (can edit the blog if that's agreed upon by mods here) since there's like a blast there when they move away the hundreds of stars. when they draw back in the 12 stars that is a lot more controlled and clearly just telekinesis.

Edit:So count me as neutral.

Last edited:
As discussed before in prior linked threads, I think a case first needs to be made for scaling physicals to the telekinesis. like either through some Universal Energy System with the "star power" done through the feats or redefining the telekinesis feat being done through raw explosive energy (can edit the blog if that's agreed upon by mods here) since there's like a blast there when they move away the hundreds of stars. when they draw back in the 12 stars that is a lot more controlled and clearly just telekinesis.

Edit:So count me as neutral.
So, you're against High 4-C Power Star keys?

How can a game that limits the amount of stars a character can carry "infinitely increase the amount" they can carry? What sense does that make?
The game limeits how many Power Stars the characters can carry, but they can infinitely increase the amount of Power Stars they carry in lore

So, you're against High 4-C Power Star keys?
Moreso asking for clarification on it. But you'd have to make a case for it being scaled the way you want (for physicals, not power star users who display telekinesis abilities granted by proxy) as in the OP. I can't agree/disagree on something that doesn't have a foundation.

Last edited:
I am in agreement with Medeus, while it's true that multiple Power Stars likely offer more of a boost, it cannot be a hard multiplier. Bowser is fought with a minimum of 8, then 30, then 70 Power Stars, and each time he is himself only amped by one of them- That's an 8.75x gap between the first and last fight, which means that if Mario could at all threaten him, he'd easily stomp him in the end.

There's many more issues of this sort- I honestly think using the Stars for scaling causes even more issues than scaling them to the main cast's tier did. I would be fine with an "higher with more Power Stars" (maybe worded better) addition to the Power Star key.

Additionally, Mario isn't amping himself with the Moons in SMO, he's using them to power and repair the Odyssey. I also don't think the evidence for SMW green stars being comparable to power stars makes a lick of sense- "they look similar" doesn't mean anything, Super Stars also look identical to Power Stars and all they do is make Mario invincible for like 15 seconds. Not to mention, Lubba calls them "cosmic jewels" in SMG2, which I feel implies that their value is more ornamental than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back