• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Multiplier Bros (3-B key proposal for Mario Bros)

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him

Summary​

As the title implies, this thread is an attempt at giving the cast of Super Mario Bros. a 3-B key for their profiles. For this CRT, I'll be using evidence, talking points, implications, and assumptions of multipliers I compiled to explain why I believe the cast of the Mario Bros deserves a 3-B key. Without further ado, let's delve into the CRT.

Using the Power Stars as multipliers​

What we already know​

As we already know from Super Mario Galaxy 2, Power Stars are stated by Rosalina to be comparable to Lumas, which are capable of becoming entire galaxies; for pocket dimensions containing a galaxy, this much energy would be needed. Otherwise, the baseline for Galaxy level would be 10.53 ZettaFoe. Now, let's talk multipliers

Mario Party 2

10x the stats?

In Mario Party 2, Mario is unable to throw a metal-transformed Bowser with the weight of 10 Bowsers, unless he's given a Power Star; with a Power Star, this would give Mario a 10x increase in strength.

Super Mario 64

In this game, the stars provide power to Peach's castle, which is proven:
Mario was stated to grow stronger and gain more power and courage from Peach's Castle the more Power Stars he collected, so what this must imply is that he's far stronger than he was in his base thanks to possessing one or more Power Stars and gaining said power from the castle. On top of that, Mario needs to possess one or more of the stars in order to remove the seals placed on the castle doors by Bowser. There are 120 stars in the Nintendo 64 version of this game while there are about 150 in the DS version. Now, if we were to assume that Mario had all 120 Power Stars and multiplied this by the baseline result for Galaxy level based on our Attack Potency page, being 10.53 ZettaFoe, we would only get 1,263.6 ZettaFoe, or 1.2636000007278476 YottaFoe, which is still Galaxy level. However, if we took all the 120 stars, assumed the 10x multiplier from Mario Party 2 applied to the other statistics and multiplied by the number of stars and then by the baseline result for Galaxy level, we'd get 12,636 ZettaFoe, or 12.636000007278477 YottaFoe, which would give us Multi-Galaxy level. If we multiplied the result from the Milky Way version of this calculation by 120, we would get 8,637.27468 ZettaFoe or 8.6372746949255 YottaFoe, which also gives us Multi-Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

There are about 242 stars in total for this game that Mario can collect, so if we took this number and multiplied it by 10.53 ZettaFoe, we'd get 2.5482600014678267 YottaFoe, which is still only Galaxy level. But if we threw the 10x multiplier into it, we'd get 25.48260001467826 YottaFoe, which is Multi-Galaxy level.

Super Mario Odyssey

In this game, the Power Stars are replaced with Power Moons, but they're stated to be the equivalent of Power Stars, and there are 999 of these in total throughout the game. Assuming Mario has all 999 Power Moons, if we multiplied the baseline result for Galaxy level, we'd get 10.519470006059333 YottaFoe, bringing us to Multi-Galaxy level. And, of course, if we threw in the 10x multiplier from Mario Party 2, we'd get 105.19470006059332 YottaFoe, which is also Multi-Galaxy level.

The Grand Stars​

The Grand Stars as we already know are superior to the Power Stars, and the Multi-Moons which are stated to be the equivalent of the Grand Stars are superior to the Power Moons. This should imply that no matter how many Power Stars Mario had, he'd still be below the likes of a user of a Grand Star.

Conclusion​

As long as we have enough talking points here to pass muster, I believe Mario and the cast have a chance of being "At least 3-C, possibly/likely 3-B".

Primarily, though, the real point of this thread is to give the Power Stars a higher tier, and I feel like we can do that by applying the 10x multiplier from Mario Party 2 to the number of Power Stars Mario collects in games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, if it's at all possible. However, if it can't be applied, we might be able to use this calculation and multiply it by the number of stars Mario and the gang can collect in the games listed above to get a Multi-Galaxy level, provided we have enough approval from the Calculation Group and administrators of this wiki. And if in fact none of this works, my last-ditch attempt at this buff is using the number of Power Moons in Super Mario Odyssey and multiplying it by either of the two levels from the calculation and/or Attack Potency pages.

Now, this is my first (or second) time using the idea of multipliers, so I'm still fairly new to that whole concept. But with that aside, let's see who agrees and disagrees with this proposal.

10x the stats?

In Mario Party 2, Mario is unable to throw a metal-transformed Bowser with the weight of 10 Bowsers, unless he's given a Power Star; with a Power Star, this would give Mario a 10x increase in strength.
in lifting strength you mean, as per out multiplier page:
"One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10."

meaning that this would prove that it grants a 10 lifting strength multiplier, but it wouldn't grant an AP and Durability multiplier also, since it is only showing to be boost his LS

Super Mario 64

In this game, the stars provide power to Peach's castle, which is proven:
Mario was stated to grow stronger and gain more power and courage from Peach's Castle the more Power Stars he collected, so what this must imply is that he's far stronger than he was in his base thanks to possessing one or more Power Stars and gaining said power from the castle. On top of that, Mario needs to possess one or more of the stars in order to remove the seals placed on the castle doors by Bowser. There are 120 stars in the Nintendo 64 version of this game while there are about 150 in the DS version. Now, if we were to assume that Mario had all 120 Power Stars and multiplied this by the baseline result for Galaxy level based on our Attack Potency page, being 10.53 ZettaFoe, we would only get 1,263.6 ZettaFoe, or 1.2636000007278476 YottaFoe, which is still Galaxy level. However, if we took all the 120 stars, assumed the 10x multiplier from Mario Party 2 applied to the other statistics and multiplied by the number of stars and then by the baseline result for Galaxy level, we'd get 12,636 ZettaFoe, or 12.636000007278477 YottaFoe, which would give us Multi-Galaxy level. If we multiplied the result from the Milky Way version of this calculation by 120, we would get 8,637.27468 ZettaFoe or 8.6372746949255 YottaFoe, which also gives us Multi-Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

There are about 242 stars in total for this game that Mario can collect, so if we took this number and multiplied it by 10.53 ZettaFoe, we'd get 2.5482600014678267 YottaFoe, which is still only Galaxy level. But if we threw the 10x multiplier into it, we'd get 25.48260001467826 YottaFoe, which is Multi-Galaxy level.

Super Mario Odyssey

In this game, the Power Stars are replaced with Power Moons, but they're stated to be the equivalent of Power Stars, and there are 999 of these in total throughout the game. Assuming Mario has all 999 Power Moons, if we multiplied the baseline result for Galaxy level, we'd get 10.519470006059333 YottaFoe, bringing us to Multi-Galaxy level. And, of course, if we threw in the 10x multiplier from Mario Party 2, we'd get 105.19470006059332 YottaFoe, which is also Multi-Galaxy level.

The Grand Stars​

The Grand Stars as we already know are superior to the Power Stars, and the Multi-Moons which are stated to be the equivalent of the Grand Stars are superior to the Power Moons. This should imply that no matter how many Power Stars Mario had, he'd still be below the likes of a user of a Grand Star.

Conclusion​

As long as we have enough talking points here to pass muster, I believe Mario and the cast have a chance of being "At least 3-C, possibly/likely 3-B".

Primarily, though, the real point of this thread is to give the Power Stars a higher tier, and I feel like we can do that by applying the 10x multiplier from Mario Party 2 to the number of Power Stars Mario collects in games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, if it's at all possible. However, if it can't be applied, we might be able to use this calculation and multiply it by the number of stars Mario and the gang can collect in the games listed above to get a Multi-Galaxy level, provided we have enough approval from the Calculation Group and administrators of this wiki. And if in fact none of this works, my last-ditch attempt at this buff is using the number of Power Moons in Super Mario Odyssey and multiplying it by either of the two levels from the calculation and/or Attack Potency pages.

Now, this is my first (or second) time using the idea of multipliers, so I'm still fairly new to that whole concept. But with that aside, let's see who agrees and disagrees with this proposal.
considering what i said above, i would say that using the multipliers for AP is not a very idea, considering that it isn't to be multiplying Power/AP, but Lifting strength, a better method would be using sums, that being, 1 star = baseline galaxy level/10.53 ZettaFoe, 2 stars are 10.53 ZettaFoe + 10.53 ZettaFoe, and so on and forth, all you would need to do is to sum the number of stars and use that number to multiply the individual value they scale to the total number of stars

considering what i said above, i would say that using the multipliers for AP is not a very idea, considering that it isn't to be multiplying Power/AP, but Lifting strength, a better method would be using sums, that being, 1 star = baseline galaxy level/10.53 ZettaFoe, 2 stars are 10.53 ZettaFoe + 10.53 ZettaFoe, and so on and forth, all you would need to do is to sum the number of stars and use that number to multiply the individual value they scale to the total number of stars
Well, to be fair, using the 10x multiplier for the Power Stars was only one of my suggestions; the latter you stated was the method I was focusing on the most and intended to use if the first one didn't work. My main goal is to use the total number of stars Mario collects and multiply it by the baseline for Galaxy level.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure you fight several bosses using one power star while Mario should have several while still not able to harm them Big Bully, Chill Bully, Chief Chilly, Big Mr. I. or can only affect a weak point Whomp King and Eyerok. You don't even directly harm Bowser at any point and king bob-omb while the first star in the original game in his rematch during the 4th mission of the remake he'll still decide to restart the match if you throw him of the mountain.

Also
  • An unamplified Mario fights a power star powered king whomp who was previously able to fight Mario when he was also amped by a power star,
  • Mario Kart DS missions

I am pretty sure you fight several bosses using one power star while Mario should have several while still not able to harm them Big Bully, Chill Bully, Chief Chilly, Big Mr. I. or can only affect a weak point Whomp King and Eyerok. You don't even directly harm Bowser at any point and king bob-omb while the first star in the original game in his rematch during the 4th mission of the remake he'll still decide to restart the match if you throw him of the mountain.

Also
  • An unamplified Mario fights a power star powered king whomp who was previously able to fight Mario when he was also amped by a power star,
  • Mario Kart DS missions
But Mario's able to directly harm him in Super Mario Odyssey, right? And knowing the Power Moons are comparable to the Power Stars, shouldn't he scale a little higher due to there being more than 242 in the game?

Last edited:
But Mario's able to directly harm him in Super Mario Odyssey, right? And knowing the Power Moons are comparable to the Power Stars, shouldn't he scale a little higher due to there being more than 242 in the game?
I believe that was rejected a while back that power stars=power moons but Mario doesn't keep power moons on his person in that game they go to the Odyssey

I believe that was rejected a while back that power stars=power moons but Mario doesn't keep power moons on his person in that game they go to the Odyssey
Why does the Power Star profile state "During the events of Super Mario Odyssey, Power Moons were surprisingly implied to also be a form Power Stars can take on", then?

Neutral for now.
Why does the Power Star profile state "During the events of Super Mario Odyssey, Power Moons were surprisingly implied to also be a form Power Stars can take on", then?
The profile may be wrong, unless it provides a source for this.

Neutral for now.

The profile may be wrong, unless it provides a source for this.
There are some implications in Odyssey where the moons act similarly to stars.

For starters, there's an instance where Cappy says that he didn't know that Power Moons come in different shapes when Mario collects his first Power Moon, which may suggest that Power Moons and Power Stars are different shapes of the same object. Plus, whenever Mario collects one of them, there's a remixed version of the jingle that plays when Mario collects a Power Star in Super Mario 64. Not to mention a translucent Power Moon appears in place of an actual moon whenever Mario redoes a course containing one, similar to the Power Stars in Super Mario 64. Let's not forget that every kingdom has a unique Power Moon available in Crazy Cap, which can be bought for 100 coins, similar to obtaining a Power Star after collecting 100 coins in a course in Super Mario 64.

Last edited:
Btw, it should be noted for some strange reason the stars that Mario collects in the Mushroom Kingdom in Odyssey are called Power Moons.

Because I don't think people remembered that discussion when @AStrangeverse made the new profile and it also says Shine Sprites are power stars but I don't think there is any evidence for that

Because I don't think people remembered that discussion when @AStrangeverse made the new profile and it also says Shine Sprites are power stars but I don't think there is any evidence for that

For starters, there's an instance where Cappy says that he didn't know that Power Moons come in different shapes when Mario collects his first Power Moon, which may suggest that Power Moons and Power Stars are different shapes of the same object. Plus, whenever Mario collects one of them, there's a remixed version of the jingle that plays when Mario collects a Power Star in Super Mario 64. Not to mention a translucent Power Moon appears in place of an actual moon whenever Mario redoes a course containing one, similar to the Power Stars in Super Mario 64. Let's not forget that every kingdom has a unique Power Moon available in Crazy Cap, which can be bought for 100 coins, similar to obtaining a Power Star after collecting 100 coins in a course in Super Mario 64.
Btw, it should be noted for some strange reason the stars that Mario collects in the Mushroom Kingdom in Odyssey are called Power Moons.

Couldn't this be used as evidence for moons being stars, tho?

You mean to tell me none of what's below can be used as evidence??

All of that information was known at the time the decision was made although I mean the argument is the Odyssey a ship that considered an old model chosen because a lack of better options goes slower than the comet observatory which is seemingly powered by a miniature star

Correct now could you explain how Odyssey would counter my argument even if we did accept power moons
Not really. I just kinda made a list of the similarities the stars and moons had.
in lifting strength you mean, as per out multiplier page:
"One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10."

meaning that this would prove that it grants a 10 lifting strength multiplier, but it wouldn't grant an AP and Durability multiplier also, since it is only showing to be boost his LS
So, we currently have Mario at Class P in lifting strength, but would we be able to bump him up a bit in that if we applied this 10x multiplier to all the Power Stars he collected in games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy 2?

They look identical and have no contradicts
So, the highest we can get if we multiply our baseline for Galaxy level (10.53 ZettaFoe) by these 380 stars is still Galaxy level (4.001400002304851 YottaFoe), but if we multiplied the energy needed to create a pocket dimension with a galaxy (71.977289 ZettaFoe) by these 380 we get Multi-Galaxy level (27.351369835754692 YottaFoe). Correct?

Technically by your logic yes but boom boom go from being 11x, 101x, 240x Mario strength in the same game without any amps if we accept it

Mario's got some sort of AD, right

just not accepted on the profile yet?

cuz if so, then perhaps that could be supporting evidence if this gets accepted

Technically by your logic yes but boom boom go from being 11x, 101x, 240x Mario strength in the same game without any amps if we accept it
Well, that's basically the goal of this thread.
Baby Mario fights side by side with his adult self
True. But then again it doesn't mean we can't scale them to each other if we take into account some of the other Super Mario miniseries like Mario Kart and sports games, right?

Well, that's basically the goal of this thread.
I don't think that is how math works 11≠101≠240 even if you argue ninga training. Bowser is like at least 10x stronger in the first fight, 130x stronger in the second, the cat bell added 40x to that total I guess for the final but after this game Mario unamped is still comparable to unamped bowser so the multiple is like inconsistent
True. But then again it doesn't mean we can't scale them to each other if we take into account some of the other Super Mario miniseries like Mario Kart and sports games, right?
??? What are you talking about and what do you think I am talking about

I don't think that is how math works 11≠101≠240 even if you argue ninga training. Bowser is like at least 10x stronger in the first fight, 130x stronger in the second, the cat bell added 40x to that total I guess for the final but after this game Mario unamped is still comparable to unamped bowser so the multiple is like inconsistent
How do we know Bowser is this strong in each fight?

This is at the end of the game or throughout the game? (Forgive me, I haven't played Super Mario 3D World)

He didn’t keep any of them in galaxy 2
I disagree with your side but Mario 3D world
There are 380 green stars in that game and they are kept on person
They look identical and have no contradicts
Because that is the star requirement for each fight
Throughout the game
I'm sorry, but...

Why exactly can we not use this method in regards to the Power Stars used in Super Mario 64 and the Galaxy games? All three of those games require a certain amount of stars to fight Bowser for each level. So, how come we can use the method mentioned for Super Mario 3D World but not the other 3 games? That doesn't really seem to make much sense...

I never said 64 was off limits but you power the spaceship with the power stars in both galaxy games

Back