• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Black Jewel feat ...
I looked for the official Japanese website of Wario world, I found the information in question (this) and asked to be translated in the threat, and this is the translation:

ワリオが異変に気付いたときはすでに手遅れでした。

なっ、なんと黒い宝石は地下にある大量のお宝を食いあさり、みるみる大きく成長していくではありませんか!

しかも、大きくなった黒い宝石からたくさんのモンスターが這い出してきます。

黒い宝石の呪いはお宝をモンスターに変える力を持っていたのです。

さらに、黒い宝石は自分達の王国をつくろうとワリオ城を不思議な世界にしてしまいました。

When Wario noticed something wrong, it was already too late.

What's more, the Black Jewel had devoured a large amount of treasure in the basement and was growing bigger and bigger!

Even moreso, many monsters were seeping out of the Black Jewel as it grew.

The Black Jewel's curse has the power to turn treasures into monters.

Furthermore, the Black Jewel has turned Wario's Castle into an unknown world in an attempt to create its own kingdom.

doesn't say anything about a universe in Japanese

Furthermore, the Black Jewel has turned Wario's Castle into an unknown world in an attempt to create its own kingdom.

Isn’t World and Universe the same Kanji or somethin?, personally don’t agree with Universal Mario but I’ll be fair here

I looked for the official Japanese website of Wario world
There's issues with this argument. First off, you mind linking me the website, or is that just random text from the game?

Second off, this doesn't at all make the parallel universe statement false, since world and universe can be the same. So what exactly is the refute? It's not like they called it a country.

There'sSecond off, this doesn't at all make the parallel universe statement false, since world and universe can be the same. So what exactly is the refute? It's not like they called it a country.
Guess you could argue there’s no “Parallel” in the text like the English one, implying some more major changes and that World is probably more Accurate since the game is well... Wario World

God damnit...

Is “world” in the original text “Sekai” or “uchū”? Because if it’s the latter it can refer to a universe afaik

in the English version
Version of what?
Buddy this scan isn't from the english version of wario world website, but rather an overview from official website of Nintendo
Different websites, different sources, no contradictions and such

And btw
Screenshot_20210517-221451.png

Wouldn’t it be Low 2-C since it destroys space-time?
I believe this statement only applies to the Void at its full potential, especially since whilst it slowly grows throughout the game, its actions don't reflect what it's said to be capable of doing. Only when it reaches its full potential (fully grown, catalysed by Super Dimentio) does it start warping and consuming all worlds at once, for example. So I don't think the space-time destruction happens at the time the Sammer Kingdom is destroyed. There's also proof space-time remains in the Sammer Kingdom when it's reduced to the World of Nothing, as elaborated upon in the document, such as how there's distance (from where you return to the World of Nothing to the Pure Heart, which is quite a notable distance) and objects (the debris) that can be interacted with even when Flipping, and how time-based items work there and several events occur in an order (which generally requires time). It's probably explained better in the document with scans and clips and such, but this is the gist of it.

I would like to add on the fact that Mario was also able to beat King Olly, who was stated that he was folding the very fabric of reality. "Very" as an adjective means "actual" "precise" or "definitive". In other words Olly was folding the "complete" or "pure" fabric of reality. I'll have to dig through the old thread to find the scan but either way, this phrase is also used in the Mario Galaxy feat in the guidebook, and I'm not entirely sure why people skimmed over it.

I would like to add on the fact that Mario was also able to beat King Olly, who was stated that he was folding the very fabric of reality. "Very" as an adjective means "actual" "precise" or "definitive". In other words Olly was folding the "complete" or "pure" fabric of reality. I'll have to dig through the old thread to find the scan but either way, this phrase is also used in the Mario Galaxy feat in the guidebook, and I'm not entirely sure why people skimmed over it.
That was rejected

I think we should focus on these feats first, tho i do think bowser surviving the supernova in galaxy is legit, cuz we see in the cutscenes and in the guide that he survived it and he is shooked by it
If he got effected by the reset he should wake up just fine and be alright like everything else
The argument against it is because he got hurt by touching the generator /portion of the energy
But the problem is he didn't die from it neither got Badly damaged
So he should scale/Downscale from it for tanking it, and we cannot forget that a fraction of low 2-C is still low 2-C by default.(if they're going to say:"hurr a piece of low 2-C can be any tier" and some Dimensional theories then this falls under pure assumption)

If he got effected by the reset he should wake up just fine and be alright like everything else
I mean in the Final Cutscene, the two people directly saved by Rosalina and the Luma’s before anything happened to them (Mario and Peach) look tired and worn out just like Bowser

The difference is Bowser has a headache, shaking his head and stumbling, which fits the "shaken from narrowly escaping" thing from the Prima guide. I wouldn't get too hung up on it though. The Prima Guide can also be interpreted as Bowser having died and been reborn with the line "and in the end he paid the price"

Last edited:
The difference is Bowser has a headache, shaking his head and stumbling, which fits the "shaken from narrowly escaping" thing from the Prima guide. I wouldn't get too hung up on it though. The Prima Guide can also be interpreted as Bowser having died and been reborn with the line "and in the end he paid the price"
I mean Peach also never gets on her feet at all, honestly I’d say Peach looks more banged up then Bowser honestly, Plus Mario characters are cartoonish so there Reactions are going to be a bit over the top no matter how shaken they are

I mean Peach also never gets on her feet at all, honestly I’d say Peach looks more banged up then Bowser honestly, Plus Mario characters are cartoonish so there Reactions are going to be a bit over the top no matter how shaken they are
Peach was really fine in the cutscene espacially when she got shielded by rosalina so she remembers all of these things (the cutscene show her directly waking up, she is not supposed to gets on her feet instantly even mario didn't do that at first)
Mario characters being cartoonist ain't an argument at all, bowser being shooked is because survived the supernova not because he woke up or something (the guide literally said that and)

Peach was really fine in the cutscene espacially when she got shielded by rosalina so she remembers all of these things (the cutscene show her directly waking up, she is not supposed to gets on her feet instantly even mario didn't do that at first)
I mean, Bowser did, he got back on his feet pretty much right when Mario saw him, though he did fall over, Peach didn’t even try

I mean, Bowser did, he got back on his feet pretty much right when Mario saw him, though he did fall over, Peach didn’t even try
You can't compare Peach to bowser and say she was hurt when she was shielded by rosalina, she seems pretty fine and she is not supposed to instantly stand up after she woke up, mario didn't do that either.
And we both know that she is aware of what happened, so maybe she was surprised or something (espacially since she just woke up at that moment) and if mario can get up, she can as well.

You can't compare Peach to bowser and say she was hurt when she was shielded by rosalina, she seems pretty fine and she is not supposed to instantly stand up after she woke up, mario didn't do that either.
And we both know that she is aware of what happened, so maybe she was surprised or something (espacially since she just woke up at that moment) and if mario can get up, she can as well.
But if the Shielding and resetting Process has a visible effect on People to make them tired and “shaken” that it looks comparable to the one Bowser had, then I don’t think saying “well bowser looks banged up in the cutscene and everyone else looks fine” is much evidence he wasn’t protected in some way himself or effect by the reset, and I don’t feel the guide is as Blatent about Bowsers “Escape” as people seem to think it is (I also just don’t like Prima Guides but whatever)

But if the Shielding and resetting Process has a visible effect on People to make them tired and “shaken” that it looks comparable to the one Bowser had, then I don’t think saying “well bowser looks banged up in the cutscene and everyone else looks fine” is much evidence he wasn’t protected in some way himself, and I don’t feel the guide is as Blatent about Bowsers “Escape” as people seem to think it is (I also just don’t like Prima Guides but whatever)
The shield didn't make Peach shaken and tired
The guide literally stated that bowser was shooked by "his narrow escape"
Not by waking up or whatever you're going to say
If bowser was got effected by the reset, he should be as fine as the birds and other things and not shooked.

I'm not going to be arguing intensively here since I don't know Mario very well but I have some issues with rating Bowser at low 2-C because of being empowered by Grand Stars. As far as I know being empowered by a power source doesn't mean you are as strong as the power source itself is. For example CW Flash isn't 2-A for being powered by the Speedforce. What should be looked at is the host's own feats with the power bestowed on him not what the power source itself can do

In regards to the Sammer's Kingdom feat, note that the void never shows up in the kingdom after it is destroyed. Not when you travel there, and not in the cutscenes afterwards where it shows worlds on the brink of destruction. The implication is that the void has completed its destruction of Sammer's Kingdom, which includes space-time destruction. There being floor in Sammer's Kingdom is a game mechanic to actually make 6-2 playable, it shouldn't be considered as a legitimate anti-feat.

As far as I know being empowered by a power source doesn't mean you are as strong as the power source itself is. For example CW Flash isn't 2-A for being powered by the Speedforce.
I mean there’s a difference between drawing power from an outside force and literally absorbing power from something and having that power inside of you. Kinda like Feedback from Ben 10 absorbing the Annihilaargh, Mario being amped by the pure hearts and Dimentio by the Chaos Heart and comics Bart absorbing the entire speedforce inside of himself to face Superboy-Prime. Bowser should be the latter.

Using a power source doesn't mean you have it's full power therefore that's not a feat.

The Sammer Kingdom feat was already rejected in a previous thread where all of this was argued extensively.

Summer Kingdom is probably 2-B, in case you forgot what did the feat, and your ignoring context for it. It nuked a Pure Heart which protected the mario cast that were there sans Mr. L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back