• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Revision Bros 2.0 (Mario and the Power Stars)

Since 4-B seems to be agreed to be rejected I'll leave that aside but I'm still not really sold on 3-C, even if we assume that the energy that goes into the creation of a power star and a galaxy are equal (which is fine imo), that would mean that it'd be impossible for either to be capable of outputting as much energy every second as that
I agree with you, but i think there are probably other ways to give a 3-C rating to power stars

I'm still not really sold on 3-C, even if we assume that the energy that goes into the creation of a power star and a galaxy are equal (which is fine imo), that would mean that it'd be impossible for either to be capable of outputting as much energy every second as that
I agree.

I mean bowser used a grand star to power a device made to create a galaxy but we don’t know how it would create the galaxy if wasn’t all at once the value drops greatly we could maybe try guessing the mass of the black hole at the ending which behaves slightly more realistically than the other ones.

I mean characters can fight Mario while he is using several stars like in Super Mario 3D World boom boom fights Toad, Peach, Luigi, and Mario when they have 11 stars

I agree with you, but i think there are probably other ways to give a 3-C rating to power stars
Elaborate ?🤔

The black hole in the ending of SMG2 is not called one by name; at least the purplish white void one; Bowser survived it but it reverted his form. The other one for the backdrop that has a red accretion disc seemingly disappears from the sky.

As Bowser falls into it it's pretty simple to scale off from his size from Mario's base height.

The Mario Party 9 deal is more sufficient though imo.

Last edited:
Elaborate ?🤔

The black hole in the ending of SMG2 is not called one by name; at least the purplish white void one; Bowser survived it but it reverted his form. The other one for the backdrop that's red seemingly disappears from the sky.
I think there are probably another ways to give power stars a 3-C rating, but idk that ways

Maybe we can scale Power Stars to the Grand Star and put "up to Galaxy level with enough power stars"?
They never really scale from users outside Mario w/ luma. A single grand star is shown to outdo the power stars by far in terms of like tens of Power Stars that fails to change the comet observatory's reactors color. It's a pretty large gap.

They never really scale from users outside Mario w/ luma. A single grand star is shown to outdo the power stars by far in terms of like tens of Power Stars that fails to change the comet observatory's reactors color. It's a pretty large gap.
My honest reaction:
FqMVYyiaQAAiVhv.jpg

We never gonna have Galaxy level Mario 😔

Okay, I want you all to be honest with me...

Is this really because you all want explicit proof or evidence that Super Mario characters can destroy a galaxy? Is that the norm for anyone in fiction performing creation feats?

I mean, looking at this from a logical perspective: if I had Galaxy level Attack Potency via something like creation, that should mean I can deal Galaxy level damage via means like creating something like energy beams or whatnot with the same potency, right? And if said characters can withstand it, then they by definition should have Galaxy level durability, no? You do realize that just because someone has a certain level of damage they can inflict on others like Country level via a calculation doesn't mean that they can actually destroy a country, right? Donkey Kong may have Island level AP due to his moon punching feat, but that doesn't mean he can destroy an island with a single punch. And it's not like he actually destroyed the moon, anyway; he only knocked it out of orbit.

If you guys are really that doubtful on giving Super Mario characters Galaxy level striking power and durability, why don't you simply give them "possibly Galaxy level" attack potency and leave the other two statistics as they are?

I think 3-C Power Stars is fine.
I have outlined a reason why I don't think that they are, could I ask you to at least provide a reason why you disagree with it?
Since 4-B seems to be agreed to be rejected I'll leave that aside but I'm still not really sold on 3-C, even if we assume that the energy that goes into the creation of a power star and a galaxy are equal (which is fine imo), that would mean that it'd be impossible for either to be capable of outputting as much energy every second as that

I have outlined a reason why I don't think that they are, could I ask you to at least provide a reason why you disagree with it?
Why not just give them "possibly 3-C" attack potency and leave the rest? We're not scaling their striking strength or durability to their AP in this case. There shouldn't be anything wrong with that.
Okay, I want you all to be honest with me...

Is this really because you all want explicit proof or evidence that Super Mario characters can destroy a galaxy? Is that the norm for anyone in fiction performing creation feats?

I mean, looking at this from a logical perspective: if I had Galaxy level Attack Potency via something like creation, that should mean I can deal Galaxy level damage via means like creating something like energy beams or whatnot with the same potency, right? And if said characters can withstand it, then they by definition should have Galaxy level durability, no? You do realize that just because someone has a certain level of damage they can inflict on others like Country level via a calculation doesn't mean that they can actually destroy a country, right? Donkey Kong may have Island level AP due to his moon punching feat, but that doesn't mean he can destroy an island with a single punch. And it's not like he actually destroyed the moon, anyway; he only knocked it out of orbit.

If you guys are really that doubtful on giving Super Mario characters Galaxy level striking power and durability, why don't you simply give them "possibly Galaxy level" attack potency and leave the other two statistics as they are?

Why not just give them "possibly 3-C" attack potency and leave the rest? We're not scaling their striking strength or durability to their AP in this case. There shouldn't be anything wrong with that.
Why would they have that AP to begin with, when it cannot be demonstrated that the power stars are capable of outputting that sort of energy to begin with? Also if characters had that level of AP it would most definitely scale to SS/Dura, given they use it to attack one another

I'm not sure as to your logic here. Lumas perform a 3-C feat which is scalable to AP, Power Stars are strongly implied to be equal to or superior than this level of power output.
Why would they have that AP to begin with, when it cannot be demonstrated that the power stars are capable of outputting that sort of energy to begin with? Also if characters had that level of AP it would most definitely scale to SS/Dura, given they use it to attack one another
Yeah, like, why are we even arguing the level of output the Power Stars contain? Wasn't it concluded that the Power Stars are equal to Lumas and Grand Stars?

I'm not sure as to your logic here. Lumas perform a 3-C feat which is scalable to AP, Power Stars are strongly implied to be equal to or superior than this level of power output.
Well, it isn't. Lumas require to be overfed to create a galaxy, or a power star, and "die" as a result. Even if Power Stars are capable of equal or superior feats of creation, there is no reason to assume it is something that can be done freely by them, given that it isn't for the Lumas.

"In order to qualify for a Limited Energy System and do scaling according to it, a character or the system they are using must have explanations or showings that indicate that the powers which should scale to each other [...] and use up a similar amount of power to each other. Alternatively, it would also suffice to show that the user can invest similar amounts of power into any given technique, should they want to."

The fact that the creation of a galaxy requires the Luma to die makes it pretty clear that this is not something that scales to their overall power- and there is no reason to assume the Power Stars are capable of doing this more casually, to the point of being capable of bestowing 3-C levels of AP/Durability every second.

If a Luma has the energy to transform into a galaxy while also becoming a Power Star, then shouldn't those Power Stars contain that same energy considering they're basically Lumas?
No, lumas become galaxies when heavily fed they don’t normally have that energy and it is used all at once, so a power star doesn’t necessarily have that much energy and it is not proven that they could release that much energy constantly it’s not like a galaxy created by a luma could destroy another galaxy.
Your point?
you said otherwise so I was refuting that.

No, lumas become galaxies when heavily fed they don’t normally have that energy and it is used all at once, so a power star doesn’t necessarily have that much energy and it is not proven that they could release that much energy constantly it’s not like a galaxy created by a luma could destroy another galaxy.
You have any proof that the Star Bits are giving the Lumas power to become an entire galaxy? Because I don't see anything in the video you showed me that states the Luma was drawing power from the star bits. I mean, what if they just needed a method of dying in order to become galaxies?
you said otherwise so I was refuting that.
Uh, I said that because Mario needed the Power Stars to defeat Bowser who was amped by a Grand Star, did he not?

If a Luma has the energy to transform into a galaxy while also becoming a Power Star, then shouldn't those Power Stars contain that same energy considering they're basically Lumas?
Even if they did that would be the total energy they contain, clearly not the amount they actually grant to someone when amping them given that they are not immediately consumed by doing so.
You have any proof that the Star Bits are giving the Lumas power to become an entire galaxy? Because I don't see anything in the video you showed me that states the Luma was drawing power from the star bits. I mean, what if they just needed a method of dying in order to become galaxies?
That's pretty obvious from the context of the game.

Even if they did that would be the total energy they contain, clearly not the amount they actually grant to someone when amping them given that they are not immediately consumed by doing so.
Then why not just give the characters something like "3-C with Luma(s)/Grand Stars" or propose a key for characters with a Luma or Grand Star since both of them have the AP to become galaxies?

Why should the speed at what something is made matter when they have the energy to make it? Do you really expect characters in fiction to always create an object at the smallest interval of time?

Why should the speed at what something is made matter? Do you really expect characters in fiction to always create an object at the smallest interval of time? Of course not
it matters.
say you have character A and B, both with fire manip.
A's fire is capable of bringing 1L of water to boil over 2 minutes.
B can boil the same 1L in a second.
B clearly has higher output than A (because they took far less time to do it), despite the fact that they did exactly the same thing.

Why should the speed at what something is made matter? Do you really expect characters in fiction to always create an object at the smallest interval of time? Of course not
If i destroy 20 space-time continuums one per once i am Low 2-C

If i destroy 20 space-time continuums all per once i am 2-C

Also, why would we give a Grand Star key to characters who have never used a Grand Star?

Why should the speed at what something is made matter when they have the energy to make it? Do you really expect characters in fiction to always create an object at the smallest interval of time?
it matters.
say you have character A and B, both with fire manip.
A's fire is capable of bringing 1L of water to boil over 2 minutes.
B can boil the same 1L in a second.
B clearly has higher output than A (because they took far less time to do it), despite the fact that they did exactly the same thing.
Seiji is right here: Speed/time does matter.

In a recent calculation I did, the feat was a character pulling a moon down so that it 'set' in order to remove the immortality of a demon. Obviously as a feat, and being an assassination attempt, it wouldn't be them just awkwardly pulling for hours to do so. No time frame was given, but all things considered, it had to have been done in a reasonably short amount of time to do so within the night, and be considered a feat worth mentioning in his lore at all.

Especially with creation, speed/time matters. Irl humans can create everything from walls to cities of course, but such takes a great deal of time. In medieval times, walls themselves could take years to make (depending). Nowadays, it could take as little as a day, but I digress: In both cases, we wouldn't consider humans wall level for this creation, as a human couldn't practically create a wall in a fight. Someone able to create/manifest a wall nearly instantaneously, or in a matter of seconds (and thus, for practical combat purposes) is safe to be considered for such though.

All that said, power stars are capable of creating corresponding world's that include things from solar systems to galaxies rather easily and quickly, so I think they'd be a comfortable galaxy level.

If that's 64 painting stuff, we don't accept that. Forget why tho, I think due to contradictions with the JPN translation?

Back