• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. This is it, this will be everything I have. Instead of making a thread for each feat, I'm only doing it all. The proposal is to make the base forms of the Mario cast Low 2-C. Now, where you place it is up to you. My overall goal is for a minimum for a possibly rating. Some of these feats are already accepted as Low 2-C, so I will simply talk about the scaling for those.

Note: Credit to @Mephistus for a few scans.

Super Mario 64:

As we know in Super Mario 64, Bowser created worlds within the paintings, so this is something I do not need to talk about. What matters truly is the sizes of these worlds. How I view the sizes of the worlds is each of them are a separate universe.

- "Without a second thought, Mario jumps at the painting. As he is drawn into it, another world opens before his very eyes."

Now, when you're usually saying "another" something, you are usually comparing it to something similar. The definition of world varies from context, however I believe they should be meaning universe. The definition of world can mean country or planet. However, as we already know, the paintings are not simply limited to being a planet. Visually we can see a sun in the sky, already proving it's much larger than a planet. What's more well known is that there are stars at night as stated by Wiggler.

- "I don't really need it anymore, anyway-- I can see the stars through my ceiling at night."

So much like real life, Wiggler can see stars during night time, once again proving that the term world does not simply mean planet here. However, there is more evidence as to how the word "world" means universe in context, and I will get to that.

- "Bowser stole the Power Stars that protected the castle and hid them away in magical painting worlds."

- "It is assumed that Bowser, with the power of the Stars at his disposal, intends to extend his reach over the real world."

- "One school of thought believes that Bowser will turn Peach and her entourage into a sort of zombie army, then let them lose on our world."

- "A competing theory suggests that Bowser will simply extend his painting worlds so that they encompass all of reality."

Now, make what you will of what Bowser will do, that's not important. What is however is their terms. They will keep referring to the paintings as "worlds". Now when they talk about Mario's world, let's look at the terms. "The real world", "our world", and "all of reality". All of these are used as synonyms for the general term "world".

As stated by the universe standards, I quote:

- "If they're stated to mirror "The Universe" or "Our Universe" or "The Real World", they would refer to being universes."

The term real world can mean universe, so that is another plus to the term world being universe. Additionally "all of reality" would 100% have to refer to as universe. So this means they do refer to the word "world" as universe, and that is what they keep calling Bowser's paintings. Thus the term "another world" in 64 means another universe. However this isn't all of my evidence either.

- "When Mario, who received a letter from Princess Peach, arrived at the castle, it was strangely quiet. As he went inside the castle, Bowser's laughter echoed out of nowhere. Thus begins an adventure to save Princess Peach on worldwide levels inside the paintings. A 3D action game of the Super Mario series released at the same time as the NINTENDO 64 console. The introduction of the analog Control Stick set a new standard for later games in the series."

According to the official Cambridge and Oxford dictionaries, the term "worldwide" can also mean universal. Used as supporting evidence.

- "Three well-timed Pound-the-Ground stomps will put Big Boo back in his extra-dimensional place."

Big Boo was stated to come from an extra-dimensional place, which would be Big Boo's Haunt as that is where the battle takes place. The term "extra-dimensional" would also mean universe, or higher.

- "If you sink with your head, you won't be able to breath. The black places are very dangerous!! They are infinite underworlds!"

So in Shifting Sand Land, that world is stated to be infinite in size, which can indeed support or even outright mean universe. There's also another mention for it.

- "The clock tower has no bottom: that's the pits. And the pendulums swing back and forth, threating to knock Mario into the endless abyss."

A synonym for the word "infinite" is used again. Tick Tock Clock was stated to have no bottom and has an endless abyss. Going back to the universe standards:

- "If the size of the realms described has having infinite sizes or other synonyms, that should strongly indicate them being universes."

With all of this in mind, this should be enough evidence that these worlds are universes. However, one last argument I can add is that each world runs on separate time.

Going back to what Wiggler stated, he says he can see the stars at night. This means a day and night cycle exists, meaning there is a passage of time. This is also supported by the Hoot.

- "Whooo's there? Whooo woke me up? It's still daylight-- I should be sleeping!"

This means there is indeed a passage of time in these worlds. Now, we know their flow of time runs differently due to the background. It is daytime at the Mushroom Kingdom and in some levels. However, certain stages such as Big Boo's Haunt, Mario World (yes that is the name), and Wet Dry World have each displayed a different time of day.

Thus Power Stars are capable of creating universes, with only one being needed. This is because each special world, Bowser world, secret world, or Mario/Luigi/Wario world only has a single Power Star within. And scaling yadda yadda, cast beats the users, you get the idea. In conclusion, each world is a universe.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door:

The Shadow Queen, the main villain, created the Crystal Stars. It was stated that the Crystal Stars have the power to destroy the universe.

- "No, Peach is in outer space with the X-Nauts. They need the seven Crystal Stars to help them blow up the universe."

This is also supported by in-game text.

- "That's all that matters. Because if they do get it, then once again, this town... No...the ENTIRE WORLD could be destroyed!"

- "I know that. However, we need to use the Huge Cannon to get to the Moon. If we don't, the world will end."

_ "The world will end? Ah, we have problem. You see, due to a couple of reasons, we can't use the cannon right now."

- "The entrance to the Dark Palace is open. Stop them before they hurt Peach and destroy the world."

You can use Crtl + F to find these statements. These are pretty blatant.

Now, this all makes sense for 3-A, but for it to be Low 2-C, it was also stated that they would use its power to recreate it.

- "And then I, Grodus, will build a new world!"

- "A perfect, ideal world... Yes. A world made by me, about me, and for me!"

Now comes from scaling. Obviously the Shadow Queen scales, but the others can't harm her without help! At least, not at the start. This is because of Bonetail, who is actually stated to be the strongest boss in the game.

- "That's Bonetail. He's the oldest brother of Hooktail. ...So old he's just bones, in fact. Wow. Now THAT'S old. His body's Max HP is 200, his Attack is 8, and his Defense is 2. He has various breaths that might confuse us or put us to sleep. When his HP gets low, he'll recover...or reanimate, as the case may be. He's probably stronger than the last boss, seriously! Let's do this right!"

- "The oldest brother of Hooktail. He's just bones now. He's incredibly tough...Maybe even the toughest?"

- "Muster every ounce of courage, and prepare for the toughest fight of all."

Because of this, Bonetail is above The Shadow Queen, who Mario and co can now scale above.

Wario World:​

The Black Jewel is already accepted as Low 2-C here. There is nothing much more for me to say other than Wario destroys the Black Jewel and can take all of its attacks.

Super Mario Galaxy:

Much like before, the Grand Star is also accepted as Low 2-C here. Now, what needs to be noted for is scaling. Yes, the cast does scale in base forms. This is because Mario/Luigi have defeated several enemies amped by the Grand Stars in both Galaxy 1 & 2.

The Megaleg, Bowser Junior, King Kaliente, and Bowser use them to amplify themselves in Galaxy 1.

Gobblegut, Megahammer, Boomsday Machine, and Bowser... again, also do the same. So there is no reason why Mario and Luigi do not scale to a Grand Star. Onto the next feat.

Bowser 100% survived the universe being reset in Galaxy. The argument has been used, but I do not by the counters.

- "Mario and Peach manage to escape Bowser's immediate fate, but the reactor's force is too strong."
- "Even Bowser is there, shaken by his narrow escape from a horrible fate."

So as stated, Bowser's "fate" was the reset, however it's clearly implied he survived it and shaken from it. We also know Bowser was not shielded by Rosalina, as it was only stated Mario and Peach were. Bowser even looks damaged by it.

Super Paper Mario:

In Super Paper Mario, Mario, Peach, and Bowser survive the Incomplete Void, during its destruction of the Sammer Kingdom Dimension. As we know, The Void was stated to have the power to destroy everything and all dimensions/worlds/existence. It was also stated that it can destroy space and time. This should be another blatant feat, but some people think Timpani saved them before it happens. This is first proven wrong by how everyone looks harmed. Though other statements back it up.

- "At the 30th gate, The Void will reach its mature state and destroy the kingdom of the Sammer Guys-with you still in it."

There is another feat, this involves The Ancient Tribe. They are already listed as 2-B on their profile, however it should be noted that the feat there was done with everyone, this only covers at least one.

- "With the help of the Pixls, the Ancients built amazing worlds."

This statement, along with the fact that in-lore they made each dimension in SPM such as Flipside, means that The Ancients' have Low 2-C magic on their own. But how does this apply to the Four Heroes of Light? With scaling.

The Ancients can create worlds, but they can also create living beings such as the Pixls and others. And during the Pixl Uprising, it was stated that they were able to defeat them.

- "The Ancients were overthrown and enslaved by the Pixl Revolt by the Pixl Queen."

What this means is that their own creations actually scale to themselves. It's also implied that the Pixls who did this are the one you find during the game, further proving the scaling. In addition to this, the four heroes also fight their other creations. Wracktail and Shadoo.

- "The Ancients locked me in this wretched place! I am the wrathful god, Wracktail!"

Wracktail (and Shadoo) considered enough of a threat to The Ancients that they were forced to lock the two inside the Pit of 100 Trials. Mario defeats them both.

And for the final nail in the coffin, Mimi herself overpowers Merlee, an actual Ancient.

- "This charmer uses the sun to work her magic. She is a descendant of the Tribe of Ancients." (Merlee's Catch Card)

During chapter 2, Merlee was stated to lose to Mimi and needed Mario's help to defeat her.

- "I'm afraid that Mimi freak was too robust, and I too weak..."

And no, she did not lose from Mimi's invulnerability, as she can remove it herself.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team:​

In Dream Team, the second to last boss, Antasma, has seems to have powerful control over the dream world.

In the first display, we can see he has spatial manipulation over the dream world. Decent, but we need a bit more. Well, it's also shown he corrupt or even change a dream into a nightmare. As when Mario falls asleep, Antasma is shown larger and chases down Mario. The backgrounds represents a nightmare, as it does not resemble any other dream world. In it are portals that lead Mario in a place full of saws. Now this should be Antasma's doing, after all he made Mario sleep and everything in his nightmare helps Antasma.

Now you could simply argue Mario is just having a bad nightmare, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. This is because everyone else in Pi'illo Island has only displayed having good dreams that go inside of the Dream Stone. Now some of you can ask, "but how do we know none of those are nightmares". This is because the dark version of the Dream Stone, the Dark Stone, was destroyed.

Mario should be comparable to him as he can harm Antasma and survive hits from him without Dreamy Luigi.

Paper Mario The Origami King:​

The main villain of TOK, King Olly, had his main goal to fold the whole world.

During King Olly's second form, the background is becoming messed up. After this, King Olly states he is actually folding the fabric of reality, which we accept that term as Low 2-C.

- "Look around you, Olivia. I'm folding the very fabric of reality. Origami embodies the limitless power of transformation... With this power... I shall rid the world of all pathetic, paper-thin beings!"

Since he is changing the entire structure of the fabric, this makes the feat Low 2-C. Mario overpowers King Olly on his own.

Conclusion:​

In total, that gives us 9 Low 2-C feats for the base forms. You can decide if it's Likely Low 2-C, Possibly Low 2-C, or just Low 2-C. Please do not derail and actually read each point carefully.

Last edited:
I agree with the feats presented here. A good amount of them are incredibly explicit with their intent too that I don't think there's much to really argue against for some of them. Good job on this man.

Looking forward for the 2-A stuff if that ever happens.

I feel that Mario should get Varies tier but that just me

Anyway, I agree with possible Low 2C even though I am also not sure about Mario 64 feat but I will see what other people have to see about it.

Last edited:
I agree with what's been presented here. Personally I would prefer straight up Low 2-C considering the quantity of feats but "likely" works too.

If the individual Power Stars are considered Low 2-C and 70 Power Stars creates roughly 15 of these Low 2-C constructs and continues to sustain them, then scaling to 10 or more Power Stars should be 2-C, as this is dividing a 2-C feat. The others would just be supporting feats for the rating.

If the individual Power Stars are considered Low 2-C and 70 Power Stars creates roughly 15 of these Low 2-C constructs and continues to sustain them, then scaling to 10 or more Power Stars should be 2-C, as this is dividing a 2-C feat. The others would just be supporting feats for the rating.
Can you prove Bowser made each world at once?

Can you prove Bowser made each world at once?
That would hardly be relevant when you already have an individual Power Star scaling to Low 2-C and we know he did it in a very short amount of time. There's also the fact that he was gonna extend his reach beyond the space of the painting worlds and use them to encompass all of reality, which implies he's gonna merge these universes with the real universe, or at least increase his space using the Power Stars to alter all the universes with it and make it big enough to be a 2-C structure. You're basically trying to say "He isn't 2-C, he's just 70× baseline Low 2-C and can perform 2-C feats over (a short amount of) time".

The CRT makes sense to me
Idc about what Niaobi is arguing about, so I'm neutral on his topic otherwise everything else is good to go

That would hardly be relevant when you already have an individual Power Star scaling to Low 2-C and we know he did it in a very short amount of time. There's also the fact that he was gonna extend his reach beyond the space of the painting worlds and use them to encompass all of reality, which implies he's gonna merge these universes with the real universe, or at least increase his space using the Power Stars to alter all the universes with it and make it big enough to be a 2-C structure. You're basically trying to say "He isn't 2-C, he's just 70× baseline Low 2-C and can perform 2-C feats over (a short amount of) time".
Right, so a single Power Star is Low 2-C. And the adding others only increase the baseline level. I didn't use the encompass reality part as an actual feat because it's up in the air if it's even legitimate. If you can't prove Bowser made them all at once (he could've just made each of them very fast) then no point to derail.

Right, so a single Power Star is Low 2-C. And the adding others only increase the baseline level. I didn't use the encompass reality part as an actual feat because it's up in the air if it's even legitimate. If you can't prove Bowser made them all at once (he could've just made each of them very fast) then no point to derail.
You literally have the "encompass all of reality" thing in your OP as if it's a supporting statement towards the rating, so yes, you are using it. And saying "he did it really fast" ignores the notion that a person's AP is generally based off of the amount of energy that someone can output per a certain amount of time. If the Power Stars in general contain enough power to create fifteen different universes (because apparently one can create a whole universe, but 70 can't make 15 universes at the same time?) then it's very obviously 2-C. This "I'm gonna just low-ball a 2-C feat to 'extremely high end Low 2-C'" is just absurd.

You literally have the "encompass all of reality" thing in your OP as if it's a supporting statement towards the rating, so yes, you are using it. And saying "he did it really fast" ignores the notion that a person's AP is generally based off of the amount of energy that someone can output per a certain amount of time. If the Power Stars in general contain enough power to create fifteen different universes (because apparently one can create a whole universe, but 70 can't make 15 universes at the same time?) then it's very obviously 2-C. This "I'm gonna just low-ball a 2-C feat to 'extremely high end Low 2-C'" is just absurd.
If you read the thread, you'd know I said

"Now, make what you will of what Bowser will do, that's not important."

I'm using it for how they use world in context, not what Bowser will do. Do you have any implications he made them all at once or is this just you taking a guess? Not sure what suggests they can make it all at the same time, still need a scan.

If you read the thread, you'd know I said

"Now, make what you will of what Bowser will do, that's not important."

I'm using it for how they use world in context, not what Bowser will do. Do you have any implications he made them all at once or is this just you taking a guess? Not sure what suggests they can make it all at the same time, still need a scan.
There's literally another part earlier on the page that says the same thing, and it's the consensus of what the Mushroom Kingdom believes to be the case. Don't use double standards where you're gonna say "they were right about the size of the world, but not the fact that he was intending to extend his reach into the real world", because then you're just heavily nit-picking for the sake of the goal I mentioned prior. And if your only argument is gonna be "still need a scan he made them all at once" then you're just committing ad nauseum and ignoring the arguments I made last time you said that, as if to impose a false dichotomy.

The upgrade to Tier 2 looks pretty straight forward, so I generally agree with that. After going through the rest of the thread, though, I believe what Nia's arguing makes more sense tbh, so I'm more supportive of 2-C than Low 2-C.

Agree/Neutral with the thread, also disagree with Nia. This is just not how we treat universal AP. if you have a billion stars that are Low 2-C each, you're just a really freakin' strong Low 2-C, as none of them have the potency to create two universes on their own- sure, together they can but that's like saying that shooting with two guns doubles your AP.

Last edited:
The 70 Power Stars ARE used to create 15 universes though, dude.
There is no proof that was done at the same time or with one action, for all we know Bowser just took 15 of the stars and said "you do Dire Dire Docks, you do Bob-Omb Battlefield, you do Big Boo's Haunt, et cetera"

Wait if they scale to a grand star, how many power stars are in a grand star?

That seems important for whether it’s 2-C or low 2-C.

It's worth arguing that only one 2-C feat is probably not enough for an upgrade.

There is no proof that was done at the same time or with one action, for all we know Bowser just took 15 of the stars and said "you do Dire Dire Docks, you do Bob-Omb Battlefield, you do Big Boo's Haunt, et cetera"
So if you agree with 15 Power Stars, he can create 15 universes, then a single person with the power of all the Power Stars would be able to create more than that, right? Blatantly 2-C. What is this weird argument you're making?

It's worth arguing that only one 2-C feat is probably not enough for an upgrade.
I don't care, if you wanna say that and disregard it, go ahead, but I'm just not gonna sit back and watch this 2-C feat be treated at "70× baseline Low 2-C". Though Low 2-C feats are supportive of a 2-C rating, not against them.

So if you agree with 15 Power Stars, he can create 15 universes, then a single person with the power of all the Power Stars would be able to create more than that, right? Blatantly 2-C. What is this weird argument you're making?
It's basic logic mate, it doesn't stack. He can create 15 universes with 15 different sources, that means they are each Low 2-C.

Answer me this, say there's three baseline Low 2-C characters, and they combine the strength of their attacks. Do you think the result will be a 2-C attack?
I don't care, if you wanna say that and disregard it, go ahead, but I'm just not gonna sit back and watch this 2-C feat be treated at "70× baseline Low 2-C". Though Low 2-C feats are supportive of a 2-C rating, not against them.
Mario's a huge 'verse, even if Low 2-C feats can support a 2-C feat you're gonna need more than one of the latter.

Ehhh... I'm not sure if this will get as a "solid" Low 2-C to the cast with how the current ratings are more supported so far, however, they still represent a reasonable high-end for the cast without involving blatant outliers (Remember 2-B base Mario?), so chances are this could get a pass with a "likely" or "possibly".
Also, we have yet to get any staff input.

Also, all characters present in Mario Kart Tour can get Grand Stars, which should further support their Low 2-C rating

A friend was looking at the first part of this, and he had this to say. Copy and pasted from Discord, but am too lazy to screenshot.

"As we know in Super Mario 64, Bowser created worlds within the paintings, so this is something I do not need to talk about. What matters truly is the sizes of these worlds. How I view the sizes of the worlds is each of them are a separate universe." begging the question

if there was nothing in the paintings to begin with
why would bowser seal the doors
why would he make dimensions inside the paintings and then seal them"
"i know toad says bowser is trying to create his ideal worlds but that could simply mean taking over different stuff
which
we know he did
because he sent king bob-omb to take over bob-omb battlefield and to guard the power star
so for one the premise of this makes no sense"

Imma copy and paste more stuff my friend said in reference to this:

"using a screenshot from a review
well no that's not a very good source
"The Shadow Queen, the main villain, created the Crystal Stars. It was stated that the Crystal Stars have the power to destroy the universe. - "No, Peach is in outer space with the X-Nauts. They need the seven Crystal Stars to help them blow up the universe." This is also supported by in-game text. - "That's all that matters. Because if they do get it, then once again, this town... No...the ENTIRE WORLD could be destroyed!" - "I know that. However, we need to use the Huge Cannon to get to the Moon. If we don't, the world will end." _ "The world will end? Ah, we have problem. You see, due to a couple of reasons, we can't use the cannon right now." - "The entrance to the Dark Palace is open. Stop them before they hurt Peach and destroy the world.""
(the first thing is the review screenshot)
all the things after refer to the world
which is the planet
first part of the super paper mario part is fine
everything after that is assuming 'worlds' is 'universe' without actual proof
dream world is whatever i think people accept that anyway idk enough about it
origami king might be something idk"

Once again, all of that paragraph in the middle was copy and pasted from Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back