• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Multiplier Bros REVAMPED (4-B AP proposal for Mario Bros)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we'll just have to settle with "Higher with more Power Stars", then.
Anyway, i would personally agree with "Large Star level (a single Power Star was able to move 12 stars) higher with more Power Stars", since Mario & co can always get more Power Stars, but don't do that because the game limits that
Alright, who's on board with this "higher with more Power Stars" addition?
@ZespeonGalaxy @StretchSebe @Foxthefox1000 @Mephistus
Looks good on paper, but in execution. I kind of feels prone to inconsistency given that he has more than one Power Star but repeatedly fights foes who only have 1. Though getting stronger with each Power Star he collects is something I do agree with, but adding a multitude for each and every one is the part that seems a bit overkill.
I am in agreement with Medeus, while it's true that multiple Power Stars likely offer more of a boost, it cannot be a hard multiplier. Bowser is fought with a minimum of 8, then 30, then 70 Power Stars, and each time he is himself only amped by one of them- That's an 8.75x gap between the first and last fight, which means that if Mario could at all threaten him, he'd easily stomp him in the end.

There's many more issues of this sort- I honestly think using the Stars for scaling causes even more issues than scaling them to the main cast's tier did. I would be fine with an "higher with more Power Stars" (maybe worded better) addition to the Power Star key.

Additionally, Mario isn't amping himself with the Moons in SMO, he's using them to power and repair the Odyssey. I also don't think the evidence for SMW green stars being comparable to power stars makes a lick of sense- "they look similar" doesn't mean anything, Super Stars also look identical to Power Stars and all they do is make Mario invincible for like 15 seconds. Not to mention, Lubba calls them "cosmic jewels" in SMG2, which I feel implies that their value is more ornamental than anything.

Last edited:
For clarification, the stars in galaxy 1 and 2 don’t actually go to Mario, they fuel the Starship Mario and allow it to move forward.

Yes, I’d say so. I think you could reasonably say the big star Bowser had in 64’s final battle is enough to compete with 120 tiny stars.

For clarification, the stars in galaxy 1 and 2 don’t actually go to Mario, they fuel the Starship Mario and allow it to move forward.
Ah, so that does create an issue, if he's not amped by them and he's fighting bosses that are, that's a bit of a scaling problem.
Yes, I’d say so. I think you could reasonably say the big star Bowser had in 64’s final battle is enough to compete with 120 tiny stars.
Even if that's the case you've got the previous two fights where he has normal ones.

Ah, so that does create an issue, if he's not amped by them and he's fighting bosses that are, that's a bit of a scaling problem.

Even if that's the case you've got the previous two fights where he has normal ones.
You're still fine with a "higher with more Power Stars", right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back