• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

After 10 years I found my DSi XL.

Are Zelda DS games good?
We're on the same boat, I've finally got my eds back up and working after not having played it in 8 years.

There's OoT 3d, Majora 3d, the Oracle games, 4SA, the other Classic 2d Zelda ganes

After 10 years I found my DSi XL.

Are Zelda DS games good?
Theyre, ok? I mean i never loved them but for when they came out and being handheld theyre good. Prob "aged" a bit tho. Like theyre a neat lil thing but i wouldnt jack them off.
Assuming you mean PH and ST.

Was bound to happen sooner or later, but the rom for echoes is now out there (For real this time, people said it happened like last week but that was fake) and leaks are gonna start cropping up

Damn just got spoiled on some lore stuff, and it snowballed because I'm of those people who will get spoiled on something and decide to just go down the rabbit hole. Blegh, fool that I be.

Was bound to happen sooner or later, but the rom for echoes is now out there (For real this time, people said it happened like last week but that was fake) and leaks are gonna start cropping up
spoilers....
Damn just got spoiled on some lore stuff, and it snowballed because I'm of those people who will get spoiled on something and decide to just go down the rabbit hole. Blegh, fool that I be.
Is Tingle finally 1-C?

Well due to funny timezones and such the spoilers are now just gonna be super rampent, there's already several of thoses "all bosses and ending" videos with the classic four bosses with final boss in the middle thumbnails showing up.

My copy actually arrived early lol, this is the third switch game in a row I've preordered that got delivered to me a day before it actually comes out (In england anyway).

Are there any good feats?
:) probably the highest thing for a playable Zelda character
q84nt4.gif

Cleaned out space.

Already Class 25 (Maybe 100), 9-A without any upgrades, just Zelda herself. Which is above average Hylian (like 9-B Class 5).

Obv playing still, gonna no life this, but atm I think we have at least 7-Aish in the bag, along with FTE, Class K.
I'm assuming you're volunteering to do Zelda?
Not particularly, if I do it, yeah it's gonna be super comprehensive, detailed, and also take half a year.
I'll help, do calcs, list off shit, and gather stuff but prob best if someone else does the foundation or it'll take awhile.

Obv playing still, gonna no life this, but atm I think we have at least 7-Aish in the bag, along with FTE, Class K.
Same tbh. I'll be collecting feats too.
Not particularly, if I do it, yeah it's gonna be super comprehensive, detailed, and also take half a year.
I'll help, do calcs, list off shit, and gather stuff but prob best if someone else does the foundation or it'll take awhile.
I can make a foundation, then. I'm really good at starting profiles, less so at finishing them.

Idc who starts it, the main hurdle would be just deciding how balls deep we wanna go in detailing her shit. Atm it's already looking like it's gonna be kind of hefty, like a diet BOTW Link which says a lot because our botw Link profile needs a fuckton still.

Another thing we gotta decide is keys.

Atm no good speed feats past subsonic+ but I'm sure Beamos is in here somewhere for that free rel-FTL given they even got scrimbo in this shit.

Idc who starts it, the main hurdle would be just deciding how balls deep we wanna go in detailing her shit. Atm it's already looking like it's gonna be kind of hefty, like a diet BOTW Link which says a lot because our botw Link profile needs a fuckton still.

Another thing we gotta decide is keys.

Atm no good speed feats past subsonic+ but I'm sure Beamos is in here somewhere for that free rel-FTL given they even got scrimbo in this shit.
There won't be much of a need to detail her platforming stuff; I think we should just detail the monsters she can summon and what Tier they're each at, as well as spawning Beds and food giving her a pseudo-Self Sustenance.

There won't be much of a need to detail her platforming stuff; I think we should just detail the monsters she can summon and what Tier they're each at, as well as spawning Beds and food giving her a pseudo-Self Sustenance.
We should, as with TOTK's Link's random assortment of bullshit, if they have a functionality, we kind of have to. Even if that functionality is exploitation, like a enemy in a match making use of them. Like it's niche but like, the meat has uses for example, it can distract or as bait against some foes, or the wooden objects vs the rock objects. The rocks for example can be useful for shields and obstacles or a blunt damaging option and they deal more damage I think. The wood or the shrub could be useful in similar situations.

But it's the niche stuff that's where it's important, let's say someone does Zelda Vs. Weather Report or Jack from JoJo, Zelda being able to spawn in trees and plants could be useful given both can take away oxygen to asphyxiate her so a means to just create oxygen could prove useful, or Zelda Vs. Ivy, having rock objects that serve the same purpose as the wood or plant objects would enable to do bypass ivy's manipulation of some of her tools instead, or inversely Zeld vs GE, GE could manipulate the rocks but the plants he couldn't because they're already alive.

If a character has something, we should by all means list it, if only so we don't run into the "erm well the profile doesnt say/mention that so go get it accepted in a CRT first lmao" type shit, me and you both know mfs do that even if it's super obvious the character has the shit in question. No point wasting time when we can just slap it all on from thet get go and call it a day also like we index stuff, may as well index the stuff.

Also seems to be able to hold 20 smoothies, so that's gonna be fun, they're gonna have to be sorted as optional equipment and picked and choosen in OP's as she can make way beyond just 20 types.

We should, as with TOTK's Link's random assortment of bullshit, if they have a functionality, we kind of have to. Even if that functionality is exploitation, like a enemy in a match making use of them. Like it's niche but like, the meat has uses for example, it can distract or as bait against some foes, or the wooden objects vs the rock objects. The rocks for example can be useful for shields and obstacles or a blunt damaging option and they deal more damage I think. The wood or the shrub could be useful in similar situations.

But it's the niche stuff that's where it's important, let's say someone does Zelda Vs. Weather Report or Jack from JoJo, Zelda being able to spawn in trees and plants could be useful given both can take away oxygen to asphyxiate her so a means to just create oxygen could prove useful, or Zelda Vs. Ivy, having rock objects that serve the same purpose as the wood or plant objects would enable to do bypass ivy's manipulation of some of her tools instead, or inversely Zeld vs GE, GE could manipulate the rocks but the plants he couldn't because they're already alive.

If a character has something, we should by all means list it, if only so we don't run into the "erm well the profile doesnt say/mention that so go get it accepted in a CRT first lmao" type shit, me and you both know mfs do that even if it's super obvious the character has the shit in question. No point wasting time when we can just slap it all on from thet get go and call it a day also like we index stuff, may as well index the stuff.

Also seems to be able to hold 20 smoothies, so that's gonna be fun, they're gonna have to be sorted as optional equipment and picked and choosen in OP's as she can make way beyond just 20 types.
Well, at least you've decided how "balls deep we wanna go in detailing her shit".

There's also a difference between wood and rock IRL. In fact most characters in fiction have abilities that are not rocks. There's also zero reason to list literal tables or blocks of wood or immovable chunks of rock.

Well, at least you've decided how "balls deep we wanna go in detailing her shit".
No that's the minimum, how deep depends on how deep we wanna go detailing it, like do we want gifs, clips of each, stuff like their own durability and feats, etc.
There's also a difference between wood and rock IRL.
Exactly.
In fact most characters in fiction have abilities that are not rocks.
Most is not all.
There's also zero reason to list literal tables or blocks of wood or immovable chunks of rock.
You actually can move the rocks, and I just gave you reasons.

If she can summon a 10 ton boulder out of nowhere or tables, list it, why wouldn't you? Just because it isn't gonna stop Goku doesn't mean they aren't useful.

No that's the minimum, how deep depends on how deep we wanna go detailing it, like do we want gifs, clips of each, stuff like their own durability and feats, etc.
I've seen the kind of profiles this community makes. That is NOT the minimum.
Don't see why we need to list stuff just for being wood or rock then.
Most is not all.
Does Zelda LOOK like she's in the minority here?
You actually can move the rocks, and I just gave you reasons.
Lava rocks you can't. And those reasons don't apply to this stuff.
If she can summon a 10 ton boulder out of nowhere or tables, list it, why wouldn't you? Just because it isn't gonna stop Goku doesn't mean they aren't useful.
Even if Composite Link trained his whole life he couldn't stop Goku, so I'm aware. Such a 10-ton boulder just doesn't have any utility for her except making fodder enemies walk around it,.

That's a "that should be deleted" profile, how about we NOT do that again.
Don't see why we need to list stuff just for being wood or rock then.
I just gave you reasons but yes let's ignore the fact Zelda can just magic 50 ton boulders out of nothing.
Does Zelda LOOK like she's in the minority here?
Last I checked if mfs could conjure up stuff, we list what they conjure.
Lava rocks you can't. And those reasons don't apply to this stuff.
Ah so she can summon super heated rocks? Even better, those can be used to heat up her enviroment, protect from cold based attacks and be used as shields from say, an ice beam-esque attack, melt through stuff if need be, etc. Such a thing would be helpful against say, Ghiaccio, given Zelda's stats start of game, such matches would be possible too.
Even if Composite Link trained his whole life he couldn't stop Goku, so I'm aware.
Composite Link would ******* mog canon Goku. Multiple Link's have items and hax that could beat Goku?
Such a 10-ton boulder just doesn't have any utility for her except making fodder enemies walk around it,.
Dropping it on them? Ya know ya can drop them from a high height and it deals damage? Or ig in VSBW sense, can even use it to incap if they lack LS, She can also summon multiple to make a wall, block incoming attacks and projectiles, or even as a platform.
Bro like, this is stuff ya can do in game even.

I'm also with Chariot on this matter.

Stuff should be indexed for accuracy's sake.

The goal is to provide comprehensive, thorough & truthful information. Engineering a profile to make sure it accumulates the maximum amount of versus thread optimization &/or wins, is, AFAIK, not a priority to be considered when indexing stuff, even if it & similar stuff may be taken on as goals by users of the community.

How bro thinks the opponent will react when Zelda spawns another table
GXZa5zzWkAAgS_G
Spawing a 50 ton boulder or a intangible ghost that can emit flames kinda important, shrubs that have different effects and etc. So yeah all of this is important in some way

There's loads of things are useful

How bro thinks the opponent will react when Zelda spawns another table
GXZa5zzWkAAgS_G
Literally just as simple as a foe generating like some fuckass goo or toxic gas across the floor and she uses a table to elevate herself, as one of many examples even a table could be useful.

It doesn't matter WHY, ignoring the fact everything has some form of use in at least some situation, the fact is she has it, we index, if you don't want to index, why are you even here?

Spawing a 50 ton boulder or a intangible ghost that can emit flames kinda important, shrubs that have different effects and etc. So yeah all of this is important in some way

There's loads of things are useful
You can't actually spawn a 50-ton boulder. You can move one via Totally Not Ultrahand and Dradd was able to move one physically but that's it. The things she creates also have to be connected to the ground, so it wouldn't be very helpful even if she could.

I already said we should add all the monsters, of course Poes would be among them.

Back