• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem 2

Ahh okay.

But if Kennen is superior to Sion, then that means that Sion, Kled, Jarvan, Xin, and Alistar can't scale to Xayah's feat.

WeeklyBattles said:
Sion also scales to other characters in the same video who scale to Kennen
Well in Awaken Kennen looks to be superior to the others. While the others are running he is darting around them and downs Sion in one shot after he's been weakened.

WeeklyBattles said:
Sion also scales to other characters in the same video who scale to Kennen
I don't see any other characters scaling to Kennen in that video, can you show me the time?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa Not true, thats not the only scaling chain that scales everyone to everyone
Okay then describe the actual scaling chain that scales to everyone, since this one doesn't work.

While I personally am not one for scaling chains, I do agree with Agnaa another one that proves scaling in a reasonable fashion is ideal. If I had my way, I would ask if we looked all of Leagues lore for a sort of take on it, making come up with something concrete. But I dont wanna read more then I have too lol.

@Sins I already did exactly that, thats the entire point of my blog, i read through EVERYTHING. My blog is the culmination of all of LoL's lore in one place. Every speed feat from the lore is in my blog.

Weekly no offense but your scaling list is trash. Respect for digging through the lore to find feats but half of the reasons for scaling is champion A is from the same place as champion B so they scale the other half is champon C is the same race as champion D so they scale. Very few have an actual reasoning to scale.

Yall ever think that the reason i didnt explicitly write 'x champion fought x champion' for every single character is because it would be repetitive as hell because that would be the identical reasoning for their AP ratings?

Every single reasoning on that list is 100% legitimate, and there are no champions on that list that scale via being the same race, i genuinely have no iea why people keep saying that there are.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yall ever think that the reason i didnt explicitly write 'x champion fought x champion' for every single character is because it would be repetitive as hell because that would be the identical reasoning for their AP ratings?

Every single reasoning on that list is 100% legitimate, and there are no champions on that list that scale via being the same race, i genuinely have no iea why people keep saying that there are.
As I've shown, Sion scaling to Kennen isn't legitimate. Could you respond to those counterarguments instead of these random users throwing ad hominems?

Are promotional teasers canon? Why/why not?

WeeklyBattles said:
Because theyre canon bits of lore that preview the new champions
Here's a teaser which mostly seems to be gameplay to preview a new champion, and not bits of lore.

Here's a teaser which is just a few pictures to preview a new champion. In fact, two of the characters shown, Ashe and Garen, never go near the places Jhin does in lore.

Can we really assume that every one of these promotional teasers are canon?

I'm not sure about the canonicity either way on teasers, but isn't it a bigger issue that Jhin never goes anywhere near Ashe and Garen in other lore?

Whoops, my bad.

The champs in the teaser are two ionians, one piltie (Seeing as Jhin is shown to be in piltover as per Awaken, this is entirely believable) and a demacian

WeeklyBattles said:
Thats not a champion teaser thats a gameplay teaser, the two are very different things

Jhin's promo teaser is canon
How would I tell the difference between these? Is it just that the presence of gameplay makes it non-canon, and otherwise champion teasers are canon? Or is there something more complicated, involving the titles of the videos, etc?

Gameplay trailers are just that, trailers for gameplay of the champion. It's for the community to see who the new champion is and what abilities they have, usually for ranked play.

Promotional trailers are trailers for lore of the champion. It doesn't necessarily have to be for a new champion either. They're used to promote the lore of the game and the story of the characters you play as. They want to give you a story so you will feel more connected as you play the game.

You can easily tell the difference, gameplay trailers are usually in-game montages of the character using their abilities. Promo trailers are cinematic movie-esque depictions of characters.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Gameplay trailers are just that, trailers for gameplay of the champion. It's for the community to see who the new champion is and what abilities they have, usually for ranked play.

Promotional trailers are trailers for lore of the champion. It doesn't necessarily have to be for a new champion either. They're used to promote the lore of the game and the story of the characters you play as. They want to give you a story so you will feel more connected as you play the game.

You can easily tell the difference, gameplay trailers are usually in-game montages of the character using their abilities. Promo trailers are cinematic movie-esque depictions of characters.
So gameplay footage = gameplay trailer = non-canon. No gameplay footage = promotional trailer = canon?

So are these three cinematics considered canon?

So gameplay footage = gameplay trailer = non-canon. No gameplay footage = promotional trailer = canon?
So are these three cinematics considered canon?

No and no. New Dawn ends with a view of the Nexus, meaning it's explicitly taking place in Summoner's Rift and is gameplay-hype not canon showings of the characters. Not to mention at this point half of those characters or so have had canon changes since then.

A Twist of Fate is also non-canon as it ends with Annie, Garen, and Tryn fighting Baron. Tryn's not even in his canon form but instead an alternate skin IIRC. Garen at that point still summons a giant sword instead of energy. And again, many of the champions have had retcons since then.

So all the gameplay ones are non-canon. And all the non-gameplay ones are canon unless it's one of the many cinematics that contradicts canon?

I guess Jhin's trailer would be canon since it has so little to go off of that it can't really contradict canon.

WeeklyBattles said:
The pnly oe there considered canon is Path of Shadows
It's considered canon even though Ashe and Sion are killed? Isn't Ashe meant to canonically still be alive?

Well what you're asking is slightly confusing. Canon persay? Probably not, but are they accurate depictions of the champion and is it fair to make calculations? I'd say so.

But then again two of those are really old and may not be fair to calculate after many reworks of almost every champion there.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes because in-canon neither path has been chosen yet and both are equally possible
If neither's been chosen yet shouldn't neither be canon until one's chosen?

Also, I'm assuming the first two cinematics aren't canon because they show a few gameplay things like the Nexus?

HierophantDeluxe said:
Well what you're asking is slightly confusing. Canon persay? Probably not, but are they accurate depictions of the champion and is it fair to make calculations? I'd say so.

But then again two of those are really old and may not be fair to calculate after many reworks of almost every champion there.
Yes but I'm trying to determine whether promo trailers are canon or not and how we tell. Because Weekly's used Jhin's trailer being canon as justification for scaling. I'm trying to find the underlying mechanic to determine whether one's canon or not.

I mean, "Could be canon in the future" doesn't mean "is canon now", right? And it doesn't necessarily even mean "Will be canon in the future".

But this is going off into a relatively minor tangent at this point.

Agnaa said:
Also, I'm assuming the first two cinematics aren't canon because they show a few gameplay things like the Nexus?

Pretty much. If you see anything like a Tower or Nexus, it's gameplay hype, not "canon" per say. A while back there was a Dominion cinematic as well which straight-up featured the champions spawning into the arena.

It's relatively recently that Riot has really started getting into "canon" for the sake of canon. AFAIK the latest cinematic is the first that even somewhat can be considered lore vs gameplay-hype and that's mostly because Riot stated the events shown in it will be explored in the future... which more or less tells us nothing since we have no idea what that means.

Back