• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem 2

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
As I said you should not expect people to dedicate all attention to one thread. I for example am dealing with 7 revisions at the same time and occasionally have to pay attention to one over another
Should I bring up the time that Weekly said that everyone should wait a few hours for his post in an important CRT, but a week later he didn't even start the reply while he wasn't doing anything but give misinformation in Vs Threads and participate in F&G threads, giving more than 60~80 replies on said threads? He also got upset when people agreed on the downgrade without his replies but got called out on his bs.

Thats why Regis doesn't like to accept Weekly excuses. Weekly has this habit of dodging questions that would downgrade his verses and giving excuses like "I don't have the time!"

He's not answering direct questions, only brings up evidence after repeated questioning and hasn't properly answered the question of scaling, when it is all based on assumptions.

This is along with generally not telling anyone about RL stuff so that they don't have to wonder why a supporter and staff member is not cooperating and seems like he doesn't care at all about this thread.

RegisNex1232 said:
He's not answering direct questions, only brings up evidence after repeated questioning and hasn't properly answered the question of scaling, when it is all based on assumptions.

This is along with generally not telling anyone about RL stuff so that they don't have to wonder why a supporter and staff member is not cooperating and seems like he doesn't care at all about this thread.
Sure, but as soon as he told you why, your very next post was to mention those circumstances then tell him to "get over himself".

Think about what words you read and type.

I can understand RL matters being more important. I can't understand using them as a shield to complain about my lack of sympathy due to his absence and lack of cooperation.

RegisNex1232 said:
I can understand RL matters being more important. I can't understand using them as a shield to complain about my lack of sympathy due to his absence and lack of cooperation.
You don't need to sympathize and coddle him about it, just understand that that's happening and put the revisions on ice for a week or two. Or really just do anything besides telling him to "get over himself".

You don't need to give sympathy, you need to not be a dick about it.

WeeklyBattles said:
I. Was absent. Because i have a ******* dying relative in the hospital. I didnt even have access to my computer for most of last week and was stuck almost completely on mobile hence why it took so long for the list to be done.
You could have easily posted a message on mobile saying "Hey guys, can you put this on a hold? My aunt is dying and I really need to be there for her. I also don't have good access to my computer." Instant sympathy and understanding. No one, including me has to wonder why you aren't participating here then.

@Weekly @Regis Don't turn this into another ******* argument. Regis, you know the circumstances, stall the revisions until Weekly's got a better IRL situation. Stop complaining about what he could have done slightly better.

I guess we'll have to wait for Assalt. Though this has been carrying on for a month now, with zero indication from Weekly of any RL matters or that he is interested in finishing this.

For ****'s sake stop with the derailing. I understand the feeling of being ignored by a staff member as I was annoyed when Matthew took months to reply to my Marvel revisions, but conplaining does no help. Being impatient only makes you look unreasonable and stupid.
Read my reply.

I do not, have not, and would not ever spread misinformation in threads

If i ever say 'i dont have time' i legitimately do not have the time. I spend the majority of my free time on this site and if im not available i will tell people. not sure why this is seen as an 'excuse', let alone a reason why people shouldnt listen to what i have to say.

You said nothing about RL matters, how am I supposed to understand this when this is a repetitive behaviour in past threads?

To repeat myself.

Agnaa said:
@Weekly @Regis Don't turn this into another ******* argument. Regis, you know the circumstances, stall the revisions until Weekly's got a better IRL situation. Stop complaining about what he could have done slightly better.
Who cares, there is no point to you two arguing about this. It's just derailing.

Usually a same race/group scale to each other. For Friendly's human argument, that is bc they are not an average human. We don't scale Captain America to a normal person, as Cap is enhanced.
Unless there is sufficient evidence that the character is an extremely superpowered being compared to other members of the group, usually they scale to their own species.
That forces the opposition to prove a negative, "Prove they do not scale" because it automatically insists the alternative is acceptable with just as little proof applied. You never are forced to prove a negative in a debate.

If there's no proof they scale, same race or not, same faction or not, then they should not scale. If you guys use this sort of thing for 90% of your site- 90% of your site is... kinda wrong. Look at the chain I posted above with Ashe down to Lucian.

Assume Ashe actually had a genuine hypersonic feat. How far down the line do you get before actually wanting to question whether the people are still capable of it if nobody else ever showed a hypersonic feat? 5 new scaling links? 10? 25? 50?

Because that's what you're looking at for League of Legends. A handful of characters with actual feats and scaling for them stretching across continents and people who have never met and insisting they're equal.

This is silly. If a character doesn't have feats then just admit they don't have feats. Vsbattles has always preferred to put scalings up rather than just leave stuff empty and it shows when 90% of the wiki is just copy+pasted feats on different profiles. Then this same work is an excuse not to change what never should've been done in the first place.

@Weekly - Sorry about your family btw. My sympathies.

I know thats about the speed part but... We have the same exact problem with AP and Dura. Its all based on the old lore, which had the League as canon and reliable.

Well I'm sick and feel like garbage right now so my critical thinking isn't the best. My participation will be lower than average.

@Schro We havent used the League as canon for almost three years now. I WAS systematically adjusting all of the reasonings for all the champions to get rid of in-game scaling but every time i did a certain someone would yell at me about needing a CRT which has severely hindered the updates even though they have been accepted for so long.

Please don't try to lie and twist this around on me when you've made zero attempts to avoid using stuff like "Comparable to ___" for no reasons and kept insisting that they are all Hypersonic characters. There are threads I've made rejected on this exact basis, and trying to lie about it just to look good is not a good move. You've made zero attempts at showing us any of this 'work' you were doing and would only complain that we weren't giving you time, or we weren't just accepting things for no reason.

Okay, how are all the Voidborn comparable in speed when they have different shapes and sizes as well as capabilities?

When has Trundle kept up with Ryze?

Even Assalt isn't sure of Brand having been sealed by Nasus and Renekton, so why is this being used as a solid reasoning?

How is Sion comparable to Galio or Kled?

How are all the fodder ghouls being used for scaling?

There's so much to work on.

@Regis

I agree that the Vastaya and Yordles should scale, but the Voidborn scale even more so. They are beasts of an unnatural origin that dominate any beasts they encounter around Runeterra. That should be at least that strong.

Trundle faces Ryze down in Call of Power.

Yeah this I'm not sure about. Depends on context.

Sion has told Galio that even though they've fought "hundreds of times", this time is the last. Kled I'm not 100% on.

Fodder ghouls were able to tag Olaf, i can grab the scan of it if you'd like

I can grab the WoG that Kled and Sion are comparable as well if you want

Yordles have a better reasoning of being the same size and shape, while Vastaya and Voidborn differ in this regard, making it unlikely that they are all the same speed. Rek'Sai is for example designed for underground burrowing, so I don't know why this is used to scale Kha'Zix's jumping? Same goes for scaling Wukong or Alistar to Xayah and Rakan.

Trundle literally runs up to Ryze to yell at him who just stands there. This is is hardly scaling, otherwise a lot of profiles need to be changed on this wiki for having slower characters see faster characters.

Sion hasn't exactly shown that he's capable of dodging Galio's ultimate, and Kled =/= Skaarl and Sion hasn't showm comparable feats to Skaarl.

Ryze was stated in the lore on the map to have fought Trundle after that scene in the video

Sion fought Galio hundreds of times, you'd have to make a lot of assumptions to say that he never kept up with him

The Vastayah and Voidborn have ridiculous amounts of body-type and sub-species variations. Scaling them to one another without a solid proof is like scaling a Pug to a Pit Bull or a German Shepherd because they are dogs, even when theres a clear difference between them.

Yordles can still be argued to be comparable to one another due to their differences being much more related to appearence but notbody functions and the like, which isn't the case for Vastayah and Voidborn

I will remind everyone that Rioter "WoG" is not a thing. It's only canon in a story or bio- or sometimes on Universe. Random Rioter comments are not canon. Boards or otherwise.

Scathlocke has even pointed out before that just because something is believed in Runeterra does not make it true. Feats are greater than narration. Pure and simple.

Fun one from Scathlocke as well:

Of course :) And champions in League (the MOBA) have to be competitive, regardless of their relative "lore strength"...

No gameplay scaling. No gameplay reactions. League the game is not League the lore. End of story. Anything that you can do in-game is not relevant, knock-ups or otherwise.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ryze was stated in the lore on the map to have fought Trundle after that scene in the video

Sion fought Galio hundreds of times, you'd have to make a lot of assumptions to say that he never kept up with him
Again, an unknown fight with no details is hardly grounds for scaling. Especially when Ryze has the ability to teleport away if necessary.

Same here, you have to prove the positive that Sion is fast enough, even though the nature of said past fights are unknown in outcome.

@Assalt

WoG is contradicted already. Scathlocke the Lead Narrative Editor explicitly in response to an existing Rioter comment taken as canon by the fanbase (Read that as, existing WoG) responded that only stuff in Stories and Bios is canon.

The context of this is quite clear. Random Rioter comments aren't acceptable as canon. They're opinions or fun ideas- not reality unless additional evidence insists otherwise. The WoG is you do not get to accept all WoG. If you'd like it otherwise- find someone higher up the chain than Scathlocke countering that specific stance.

Random staff comments should not be considered WoG in the first place mind you- WoG requires a person involved in the development of the canon to be effective. Nobody cares what the local intern or public relations person thinks the canon is when they have no role in making it. Even parts of the creative team aren't useful since even if they help develop parts of the game like enemy spawning rate for example- they had no impact on the canon itself.

Ok, when has Jhin tagged Sona, Garen, Vi and Zed?

And what about equating Ivern to Maokai?

I would like to have a scaling chain where I don't have to ask these sort of questions over and over again.

@Regis I'm not very involved in the revisions, but those sound like those WoG statements not being backed up in lore, not those WoG statements being contradicted by the lore. Weekly asked for a contradiction.

Agnaa said:
@Regis I'm not very involved in the revisions, but those sound like those WoG statements not being backed up in lore, not those WoG statements being contradicted by the lore. Weekly asked for a contradiction.
I'm not touching the WoG discussion. My take on that it's usable until contradicted by the stories and bios on Universe. This was about the reasons given in the scaling chain, which require people to have already read through profiles/LoL lore to gain context.

Back