• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there anyone in Naruto who will adjust the speed scale with Sub-Rel's Konohamaru?

It wasn't a thread specific to that, it was a general revision. I am sure Damage remember since he was the one who argued against

And I want to know what changed to consider a backscaling. I am not talking about Ay or Jügo.

M3X said:
And I want to know what changed to consider a backscaling. I am not talking about Ay or Jügo.
There's not a discussion rule against it or anything. And not everyone took part in that thread, or at least I didn't.

So what? The backscaling was rejected some time ago. Want to know why? Shino from Boruto isn't the same Shino from Part II. And their ranks doesn't mean nothing to scale things.

Gaara was a Genin and could defeat Jonin-level characters.

Kakashi and Guy are far above any other Jonin in Konoha. If they had a feat, you can't scale to another Jonin like randoms or even Asuma.

If we are trying to scale using rank, be ready to scale 90% of the verse to this Sub-Relativistic rating

I am myself You are you said:
^^^^

Don't make the 8th Hokege candidate become a fodder
1. Konohamaru was never stated to be the 8th hokage ccandidate.

2. He is fodder lol.

M3X said:
So what? The backscaling was rejected some time ago. Want to know why? Shino from Boruto isn't the same Shino from Part II. And their ranks doesn't mean nothing to scale things.

Gaara was a Genin and could defeat Jonin-level characters.

Kakashi and Guy are far above any other Jonin in Konoha. If they had a feat, you can't scale to another Jonin like randoms or even Asuma.

If we are trying to scale using rank, be ready to scale 90% of the verse to this Sub-Relativistic rating
We didn't use ranks as the only evidence. And I genuinely don't understand where top tier Konohamaru is coming from lol. Am I supposed to believe that Konohamaru is above pain and SM? Come on.

M3X said:
It wasn't allowed to backscale when we tried to scale Shino's mach 6k to the Part II Jonins, Kages and some other characters. What happened to that ideia now?

Because now we actually have a statement that proves ranking is based on power. Tbf we didn't have that statement at first

@AstralKing7; power =/= speed. And even then I still wouldn't consider that a strong general rule for the entire series. The ranks can vary heavily in power, speed and skill.

Why do you think that it is impossible for Konohamaru to be faster than Pain, since it is the present day, the new generation may be stronger than the old ones

and we have nothing to go back 15 years ago

Why do you think that it is impossible for Konohamaru to be faster than Pain, since it is the present day, the new generation may be stronger than the old ones

Oh sure konohamaru can solo the akatsuki...lmao

UchihaSlayer96 said:

Yes of course for now

Yes of course for now

I don't mean any disrespect, but I genuinely hope you're joking...

@Damage Dude we literally told you we will go case by case when it comes to determining who scales to who.

You always have a problem with stuff like this. You can't go against what the writers say. There is a reason why we go case by case because we can understand context.

@Damage; again, Rank was Not the only evidence we provided for scaling "certain" characters. In fact, none of the characters we suggested are even Jonin lol. All of them are kage level or above. So no Rank didn't even play a role in our arguments.

Case by case is what I'm in favor of.

> You can't go against what the writers say.

That's a funny statement seeing as multiple times we ignore things in fiction for various reasons, PIS, CIS, WIS, Outliers, author statements / opinions, etc. all of which could count as "going against what the writers say".

Damage3245 said:
Case by case is what I'm in favor of.

> You can't go against what the writers say.

That's a funny statement seeing as multiple times we ignore things in fiction for various reasons, PIS, CIS, WIS, Outliers, author statements / opinions, etc. all of which could count as "going against what the writers say".
The suggested scaling doesn't raise any issue or inconsistencies.

Kage being above Konohamaru is problematic? Really? Akatsuki top tiers like pain being above Konohamaru and Jugo is an issue? No, I don't see it.

And again, none of the characters that WoI or myself suggested are even Jonin, so I have no idea where that came from lol

@UchihaSlayer96; there is no reason to backscale the calc back to Shippuden, so there is no reason to scale the characters you've listed.

Rate them by their own feats, not a feat of an unrelated character over a dozen years later.

That same character fought someone(Jugo) who they all should be superior to. Ay is certainly above Jugo( because he bodied him), and a lot of characters scale to Ay. It's not completely unfounded or anything. Just basic scaling. Not all characters have the luxury of getting their own speed feats, so if we relied on feats alone we'd have a whole lot more "unknown" ratings.

And back scaling isn't unprecedented, as I've pointed out with the Delta situation.

You're trying to make Jugo in Shippuden exactly as fast as he is in the New Era, without evidence to support it. Characters can get significantly faster/stronger even over short periods of time.

Damage3245 said:
You're trying to make Jugo in Shippuden exactly as fast as he is in the New Era, without evidence to support it. Characters can get significantly faster/stronger even over short periods of time.
But you're also assuming that he got stronger for no real reason.

Technically in this case I'm taking the safer approach of saying he's at around the same level. Because we have no real reason to assume otherwise.

As far as I see it, it's the other way around. If Jugo is at a certain speed in Shippuden, and over a dozen years later he gets much more impressive feat, then it is more reasonable to separate his statistics into two keys; one for Shippuden and one for the New Era and rate them separately unless we have proof he hasn't improved in all that time. Which is what we currently do.

Damage3245 said:
As far as I see it, it's the other way around. If Jugo is at a certain speed in Shippuden, and over a dozen years later he gets much more impressive feat, then it is more reasonable to separate his statistics into two keys; one for Shippuden and one for the New Era and rate them separately unless we have proof he hasn't improved in all that time. Which is what we currently do.
It's not "Much more impressive" as he could be argued to have sub-rel reactions since shippuden for reacting to the Raikage.

But anyway if you really don't see any problems with Konohamaru and Jugo scaling above Pain and such characters on that level then I'm okay with it too lmao

If a friend from highschool who was kinda good at gymn breaks the world record for whatever physical activity when you meet ten years later, it's far reasonable to assume he just became better.

Maybe he was always that good, but you'd hardly assume that.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
If a friend from highschool who was kinda good at gymn breaks the world record for whatever physical activity when you meet ten years later, it's far reasonable to assume he just became better.

Maybe he was always that good, but you'd hardly assume that.
Actually athletes regress in ability with age as far as most sports are concerned lol with a few exceptions like bodybuilding.

And even if they improve, it's certainly not reasonable to assume they went from being fodder to being above Pain for no reason lol

Yea, but they sure as hell don't peak in highschool.

Who should reasonably scale above his current self depends, but saying that his past self has to be equal to a far greater feat doesn't really fly.

Wow sub rel Jugo is actually starting to look consistent when you look at the bigger picture ƒñ¿ƒñ¿ƒñ¿ nice

Leaving the backscaling aside for now. Does anybody have issues with the New Era Kage scaling to this feat?

From what I can tell there is nothing connecting them to the feat or the character directly.

Back