• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5A upgrade for some boruto characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense for the most part and why did others keep bringing up that old thread when this works differently?

I'm pretty sure Shadow is finalizing his GT revision thread (I know it's taking him really long, but he is an adult with a full time job), and I believe he planned on addressing the KK scaling, upon which this whole upgrade depends.
Oh I really, so what does it mean for the thread then?

Please can you tag some of the experts in the verse
He can't
Only colored names have the power to do that.
It's a Naruto upgrade thread, "experts" will eventually find their way here.

My stance on this topic remains the same.
If we're applying the chakra levels increase/decrease to AP amp/nerf, same should also apply to their other stats like speed/LS.

I don't have anything against the upgrade btw.

He can't
Only colored names have the power to do that.
It's a Naruto upgrade thread, "experts" will eventually find their way here.

My stance on this topic remains the same.
If we're applying the chakra levels increase/decrease to AP amp/nerf, same should also apply to their other stats like speed/LS.

I don't have anything against the upgrade btw.
Oh alright. Thanks for your input bro

Using Kaguya's betrayal as a downgrade for Isshiki makes no sense in any context to begin with. She has techniques that ignore durability, truth seeking orbs are accepted as existence erasure on the wiki and it's entirely possible that she used them.

Using Kaguya's betrayal as a downgrade for Isshiki makes no sense in any context to begin with. She has techniques that ignore durability, truth seeking orbs are accepted as existence erasure on the wiki and it's entirely possible that she used them.
It's, in my opinion, not likely that the TSOs were used in that instance. If you look at the state of Isshiki after the Kaguya incident, the dude looks like he's been ripped apart. If you compare that with the damage the TSOs do to those who are affected by its hax properties, the damage is always more streamlined if that makes sense. His spine and arm wouldn't look that way. Whether Kaguya used it as a rod or as a ball, I don't think the damage they'd cause would match the profile of Isshiki's injuries here.
The same could be said for her Ash Bones, since his body would completely disintegrate had he been stabbed and affected by one of those (emphasis on the fact that he'd need to be stabbed first to be dusted), so that doesn't fit either.

Now I'm not saying that she used her bare hands to rip him apart either, I'm just pointing out that we can't really know what she did to him since her most well-known durability negating attacks don't really fit the profile of his injuries. Ultimately, I'm of the opinion that this incident should not be used one way or another until we have more context for it, as we currently lack too many vital pieces of information. So it shouldn't be used as a way to downplay Isshiki, or as a way to boost prime Kaguya, until we know more. That's just my two-cents on that matter.

Last edited:
There was no reason for ishikki to be suspecting her and no reason for her to betray him well atleast to his knowledge. They also came to a planet with people thousands if not millions of times weaker than them. Absolutely no reason for his guard to be up all the time.
I think this part of the op should work fine as an explanation for now.
I have a feeling we might still get a Kaguya lore in Boruto

I deadass don't understand how Kaguya catching Isshiki offguard even got accepted as a downgrade. Doesn't make any sense at all. People underestimate how weak someone could be offguard. Momoshiki getting slapped by Boruto's vanishing rasengan. Goku vs a random beam, Goku vs a peeble lmao.

Last edited:
It's, in my opinion, not likely that the TSOs were used in that instance. If you look at the state of Isshiki after the Kaguya incident, the dude looks like he's been ripped apart. If you compare that with the damage the TSOs do to those who are affected by its hax properties, the damage is always more streamlined if that makes sense. His spine and arm wouldn't look that way. Whether Kaguya used it as a rod or as a ball, I don't think the damage they'd cause would match the profile of Isshiki's injuries here.
The same could be said for her Ash Bones, since his body would completely disintegrate had he been stabbed and affected by one of those (emphasis on the fact that he'd need to be stabbed first to be dusted), so that doesn't fit either.

Now I'm not saying that she used her bare hands to rip him apart either, I'm just pointing out that we can't really know what she did to him since her most well-known durability negating attacks don't really fit the profile of his injuries. Ultimately, I'm of the opinion that this incident should not be used one way or another until we have more context for it, as we currently lack too many vital pieces of information. So it shouldn't be used as a way to downplay Isshiki, or as a way to boost prime Kaguya, until we know more. That's just my two-cents on that matter.
So does that mean I have your vote for this thread?

You know I've always somewhat thought otsusuki should be resistant to tso since the source of the power is from them but I guess it's just speculation. Howbeit I agree with you. Context is needed , no way "caught off guard" can be used for a downgrade or upgrade

There is no statement in the manga that ever claimed this. Tso is more about six paths abilities rather than Otsutsuki.
This is also head canon. All we know is tso are the combination of all releases plus yin and yang. Seemed primarily akin to otsusuki. Six path is just a name. You do realise toneri just synced his otsusuki chakra with a byakugan and could produce it? Well let's not deviate from the topic at hand. We can discuss this better in "group discussion"

Goku vs a random beam, Goku vs a peeble lmao.
Doesn’t work. Not only are there actual in-verse reasons for that beyond just “he had his guard down”, they are even plot points themselves that are relevant both presently and later on. Isshiki doesn’t have that.

This is also head canon. All we know is tso are the combination of all releases plus yin and yang. Seemed primarily akin to otsusuki. Six path is just a name. You do realise toneri just synced his otsusuki chakra with a byakugan and could produce it? Well let's not deviate from the topic at hand. We can discuss this better in "group discussion"
Every six paths user automatically has perfect mastery to yin and yang nature as well as all elements. But that doesn't mean they would all have Tso. Sasuke is a six paths user yet he doesn't have Tso. Toneri is also a six paths user btw. Neither Naruto nor Sasuke, Madara and Juubito were Otsutsukis yet they had TSO's which is most likely because of their connection to the Juubi itself.

TSO has nothing to do with Otsutsukis specifically. It's about Six Paths. Out of all the Six paths users, only two don't use Tso (Sasuke and Hinata). Sasuke got chakra from Hags, an Otsutsuki, while Hinata got from Hamura, an Otsutsuki too.

Doesn’t work. Not only are there actual in-verse reasons for that beyond just “he had his guard down”, they are even plot points themselves that are relevant both presently and later on. Isshiki doesn’t have that.
Still doesn't change the fact that the biggest point is that Goku was completely offguard when Krillin threw a pebble at him. The same definitely applies to Isshiki.

Yes ishikki literally has zero context. Which is why you are not supposed to use anything from that statement. You know what? I could as well just say kaguya is 5a lol since we're being petty

Every six paths user automatically has perfect mastery to yin and yang nature as well as all elements. But that doesn't mean they would all have Tso. Sasuke is a six paths user yet he doesn't have Tso. Toneri is also a six paths user btw. Neither Naruto nor Sasuke, Madara and Juubito were Otsutsukis yet they had TSO's which is most likely because of their connection to the Juubi itself.

TSO has nothing to do with Otsutsukis specifically. It's about Six Paths. Out of all the Six paths users, only two don't use Tso (Sasuke and Hinata). Sasuke got chakra from Hags, an Otsutsuki, while Hinata got from Hamura, an Otsutsuki too.
Let's not deviate from the thread

The author added the "caught off guard" for a reason. It's obvious that the author intended that Kaguya wouldn't beat him in a fair fight. Ignoring that seems like a desperate measure to downplay Isshiki.
People need to chill with this "desperate measure to downplay" like people are trying to make him mountain level. There are some people who might just not think being caught off guard has any impact on durability given it's not always a thing if fiction, not saying that is the case but assuming people are seeming trying desperately trying to downplay a character based on that logic isn't a good look.

As for the OP, I don't follow Boruto but using him being at 10% to suggest a 10x multiplier should work. I can't say if there are any contradictions to this since again, I don't follow Boruto. But as for right now, I'm fine with it.

Still doesn't change the fact that the biggest point is that Goku was completely offguard when Krillin threw a pebble at him. The same definitely applies to Isshiki.
Do you even read? Goku has SPECIFIC CONTEXT as to why that happened (especially in the pebble example, it’s literally part of his training to master SSJ), it’s not a simple “yeah well he had his guard down”. Isshiki does not have that kind of context. To blatantly ignore the former and equate them when they’re completely different is just downright intellectual dishonesty.

Do you even read? Goku has SPECIFIC CONTEXT as to why that happened (especially in the pebble example, it’s literally part of his training to master SSJ), it’s not a simple “yeah well he had his guard down”. Isshiki does not have that kind of context. To blatantly ignore the former and equate them when they’re completely different is just downright intellectual dishonesty.
Let's drop this subject regarding the comparison to Goku please. Let's simply focus on what happens in Naruto/Boruto as it's own thing.

Thank
People need to chill with this "desperate measure to downplay" like people are trying to make him mountain level. There are some people who might just not think being caught off guard has any impact on durability given it's not always a thing if fiction, not saying that is the case but assuming people are seeming trying desperately trying to downplay a character based on that logic isn't a good look.

As for the OP, I don't follow Boruto but using him being at 10% to suggest a 10x multiplier should work. I can't say if there are any contradictions to this since again, I don't follow Boruto. But as for right now, I'm fine with it.
Thank you for your input.

This means I should put you down for agree .Please could you help tag other admins?

Thank
Thank you for your input.
This means I should put you down for agree .Please could you help tag other admins?
Yes, you can put me down for agreeing for now. Damage and UchihaSlayer are already on the thread but I'll contact two more staff and well see how things go from there.

@DarkDragonMedeus @LordTracer

Could you guys give your thoughts on the OP.

So does that mean I have your vote for this thread?
I'm gonna wait for people more knowledgeable on Boruto than myself (Such as Shadow and Nierre) to give their input first, if that's alright.
You know I've always somewhat thought otsusuki should be resistant to tso since the source of the power is from them but I guess it's just speculation. Howbeit I agree with you. Context is needed , no way "caught off guard" can be used for a downgrade or upgrade
It's an ability tied to Six Paths Senjutsu, which is an ability that seems to stem directly from Kaguya's bloodline. She had it, both her children were born with it, and everyone who showed it later on was either a direct descendant of her children, recreated their chakra in some way, or both. So until we receive evidence to the contrary, it's a Kaguya bloodline thing, rather than an Otsutsuki thing.

I'm gonna wait for people more knowledgeable on Boruto than myself (Such as Shadow and Nierre) to give their input first, if that's alright.

It's an ability tied to Six Paths Senjutsu, which is an ability that seems to stem directly from Kaguya's bloodline. She had it, both her children were born with it, and everyone who showed it later on was either a direct descendant of her children, recreated their chakra in some way, or both. So until we receive evidence to the contrary, it's a Kaguya bloodline thing, rather than an Otsutsuki thing.
Nierre was actually in favour of the thread as he asked me to re open it

I wanted to add the timeskip characters but I felt we should just wait and give it time before adding timeskip keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back