• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we already have a verdict, as Tempest withdrew the vote, and we have the votes of Mitch and DDM, added with those of Shadow and Tracer, we have 4 votes in favor. So this can be applied if there are no more objections. I agree with Mitch's thoughts and I think DDM implies the same: Word of God >> Context of the characters. So how are we putting the authors word above, so the rating must be full Speed of Light
Agreed

Honestly, the Kirin stuff is just supporting stuff for other relativistic/SOL Naruto stuff that could be touched on in the future.

It also helps show that light-speed Jutsu existed way before Light Fang.

Doesn't Itachi directly scale from/to Kirin?
Probably just his perception speed
Should be lower than LS from what I'm hearing
EMS Sasuke would eventually scale
Perception speed of course
Don't think anybody else would scale as regards movement speed

Anyway, if DDM doesn't change his mind (although his comment was already quite direct), this can be applied. And any calculation or scale is for another topic.

If I am not mistaken, the statement being used by @Damage3245 does not fit into the category of option 1 statements, which proves it is not reliable to use it anyway?

It seems that data book definition statements would be more appropriately classified as statement type 4 or 5.

If the concept of “Canon Standards” is being cited as a reason for disagreement, it is important to consider the type of statements being referred to and how they fit into the relevant categorization.

If I am not mistaken, the statement being used by @Damage3245 does not fit into the category of option 1 statements. It seems that data book definition statements would be more appropriately classified as options 4 or 5.

If the concept of “Canon Standards” is being cited as a reason for disagreement, it is important to consider the type of statements being referred to and how they fit into the relevant categorization.
The data book would be option 5.

The Zetsu statement wouldn't be option 1 since Zetsu is stating this as more as a hypothesis before the feat even happened.

If I am not mistaken, the statement being used by @Damage3245 does not fit into the category of option 1 statements, which proves it is not reliable to use it anyway?

It seems that data book definition statements would be more appropriately classified as statement type 4 or 5.

There was a thread to update Kirin to almost Sub-Rel due to Zetsu saying that lightning strikes the ground in 1/1000 seconds and the Damage himself was the opposite for not trusting Zetsu's speech... The issue of Zetsu's statement is self-contradictory and should not be considered.

He didn't know Kirin, he was just making guesses based on what he knew about lightning and what he was seeing. The author after that, confirms twice that the Kirin has the speed of light, therefore, this invalidates the statement from Zetsu.

DDM's comments were enough, if he didn't come back by now after Damage called him then he probably won't, I think this can be closed.

Was asked to comment her but I'm late.

Just to state my stance, I'm neutral. I have my own thoughts but that would require too much time and I'm busy with other things at the moment so I'm not going to prolong this thread.

In short, we need to be able to give the full ls rating now, this crt doesn't need to be extended any further.

just out of curiosity, if zetsu is talking about a normal lightning speed then wouldn't a normal lightning speed in the naruto universe = 1/1000 second?

just out of curiosity, if zetsu is talking about a normal lightning speed then wouldn't a normal lightning speed in the naruto universe = 1/1000 second?

Lightning is not a singular speed, and a timeframe of 1/1000 second is not a speed value anyway. A timeframe is meaningless without a distance.

Why not use the anime to calc the speed for Kirin since it gives a time frame?

That would be significantly downplaying for Kirin.

I may believe that Kirin should be MHS+ over lightspeed, but resorting to using the anime would make it way, way slower than MHS+.

"Possibly SOL" is the only rating I would accept as a compromise if I had no other choice.

Because that has nothing to do with dodging, and we don't know the circumstances of the feat. Did the lightning start at a further distance from Kakashi than Kirin did for Itachi? Perfectly possible since we don't know anything about it or how it was done.
Don't we have a scene for this? Where Kakashi was shown to have run up a mountain to be able to cut the lightning? It was indeed from a distance.

Are there any characters that will scale to kirin?
At least, it is possible to calculate Itachi's reaction, and Sasuke's possible dodge, because when the Kirin reaches the mountain, he is no longer on the wall where he was when released the jutsu.

At least, it is possible to calculate Itachi's reaction, and Sasuke's possible dodge, because when the Kirin reaches the mountain, he is no longer on the wall where he was when released the jutsu.

Sure. By my estimate, it would be 9.25442 microseconds for Itachi, or Massively Hypersonic perception.

Well, calculations are for another thread. This has already been concluded, I think the change from Kirin to Speed of Light can be done, and the thread should be closed.

I agree. SoL perception speed for Itachi seems consistent, especially when Sasuke can react to Mifune who is said to be LS

I agree. SoL perception speed for Itachi seems consistent, especially when Sasuke can react to Mifune who is said to be LS
It isn't SoL perception. It's Massively Hypersonic.

And Mifune isn't LS normally anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back