• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed characters updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry as well, you can delete my reply if it’s out of place too.

But in all honesty, we should have a thread to fully address and discuss everyone’s own confusions and issues with the immeasurable speed standards so that all of us can be on the same page about what the standards are and stick to them without derailing this or other discussions (and sorry about that as well).

Last edited:
@Antvasima If I’m getting this right, if the realms have a legit showing of being able to time travel for anyone that resides or goes through it via sheer movement alone, does that count for immeasurable speeds or not?
Please elaborate regarding what you mean.

Iam:

That's pretty much my understanding of this issue as well, yes.

Kukui:

As far as I recall, we have already had such threads before, and the results are currently written down in our Speed page.

Also, the problem is that some of our mostk nowledgeable members, such as Sera_EX, are currently missing, so constantly revisiting and re-revising our standards is an extremely bad idea.

Let's please focus on getting something constructive done here instead please, by cleaning up our severely outdated profile pages regarding this area.

@Antvasima the realms that have statements of being beyond space and time also have legit showings of time travel, such as being able to travel to the past or the future of any timeline in general, does that count for immeasurable when it’s specifically done by movement for any of the characters that enter the realm?

@Antvasima the realms that have statements of being beyond space and time also have legit showings of time travel, such as being able to travel to the past or the future of any timeline in general, does that count for immeasurable when it’s specifically done by movement for any of the characters that enter the realm?
I think it would be like the flash profile

"MFTL normally, immesurable in xyz realm"

Something like that

Isn’t flash’s case only from being fast enough that he reaches immeasurable, as opposed to a realm?

I am not sure, as I am not well informed about the context, but from what you are saying, wouldn't it just be a type of power accessible via the realm only, rather than a speed that can be used anywhere?

it's something that's accessible to the realm, and there's beings that reside in said realm, and multiple instances of characters just being able to gain access to it easily.

That's specifically only speed inside the realm, I think, like others said, that it should just be given a separate rating.

Beings that reside in the realm would get "Unknown, immeasurable in realm". Being able to gain access to it easily would make it somewhat applicable in fights, but they could still be outsped and KO'd before they get into that realm by a less-than-immeasurable character.

Agnaa seems to make sense, but I am not sure.

so at best it's just a separate key for the person. What about wielding a weapon that's able to attack someone in the past? Would that give immeasurable attack speed?

SCP Foundation:
Sorry, I am not really familiar with the SCP series.
@Elizhaa so being natives in a realm that can make people time travel through sheer movement scales right? and other characters doing the same thing and fighting said natives would scale as well?
I am guessing this point is in general. If so, I think with extra contexts like the beings having similar feats outside the realm then I think yes.

Glassman:

If it is done via speed, and not some other power, I think so, yes.

I wouldn't suggest a second key, just a second rating for it in the speed section, but if they change a lot in abilities/AP in that realm then maybe a separate key would be better.

@Antvasima there's a moment where a character gets hit by one of the weapons another character wields, and someone ends up rewinding time to a week or so prior to the fight, and the same dude that got wounded in that fight got the same wound in the past despite not fighting the person at that point, would that count?

@Agnaa there's not really much change in abilities aside from just... being in the realm because the realm itself has a lot of stuff by itself but some of the characters can't manipulate it to their liking, so it would just give them the time travel stuff.

Glassman:

I think so, yes, but I am not the best person to ask.

@Antvasima there's a moment where a character gets hit by one of the weapons another character wields, and someone ends up rewinding time to a week or so prior to the fight, and the same dude that got wounded in that fight got the same wound in the past despite not fighting the person at that point, would that count?
That's sound more like hax

If they got hit by the weapon before the rewind, then it would not be immeasurable for them to still be wounded after the rewind. If they got hit after the rewind then maybe. Attacking someone across time was not stated to be a standard for immeasurable time in the last thread.

I feel like we don't fully know what qualifies for Immeasurable speed anymore. Like I am confused. If being able to move around in a dimension beyond linear space and time as well as travel through time via movement alone is not worthy of Immeasurable, then what are the ways to get it? What does treat time as a spatial dimension mean? I feel like things are once again getting overly complicated.

Last edited:
It's "difficult" to rate since simply moving beyond linear time is not a real thing, so depending of the verse it has different applications (we rarely see Immeasurable speed used in the same way through fiction, beyond simply time travel).

Personally, I wouldn't accept "time travel via speed" so easily, there's a possibility that in verse the character requires to reach certain speed to time travel (look at it like limited Time Travel rather than Immeasurable), and simply tt while moving isn't enough.

the wound wasn't there prior in the past, and just showed up after he got wounded in the present.

I feel like we don't fully know what qualifies for Immeasurable speed anymore. Like I am confused. If being able to move around in a dimension beyond linear space and time as well as travel through time via movement alone is not worthy of Immeasurable, then what are the ways to get it? What does treat time as a spatial dimension mean? I feel like things are once again getting overly complicated.
Travelling through time via movement alone does qualify. The issue is just that fiction tends to be very inconsistent regarding that characters with otherwise much more limited speeds can still move in supposedly timeless areas, so we have to be very careful before we hand out immeasurable speed for that sort of thing.

@DontTalkDT

Are you willing to help us out here please? I would greatly appreciate it.

Personally, I wouldn't accept "time travel via speed" so easily, there's a possibility that in verse the character requires to reach certain speed to time travel (look at it like limited Time Travel rather than Immeasurable), and simply tt while moving isn't enough.
That is true in cases when simply exceeding lightspeed is enough, yes.

It's "difficult" to rate since simply moving beyond linear time is not a real thing, so depending of the verse it has different applications (we rarely see Immeasurable speed used in the same way through fiction, beyond simply time travel).
Agreed.

I wouldn't accept it all. It's just a useless redundant rating tbh for any character who can time travel via running/flying, their speed is just unquantifiable and the ability should just be listed as time travel. Idk why we have to overcomplicate things and confuse people.

Like I said in the last thread, I already talked to many admins, consultants and other staff members and am planning to make a thread for the potential removal of that aspect that grants immeasurable speed.

Well, it is rather confusing, due to the nonlinear nature, but that does not mean that it is incorrect as such. Attacking somebody in the past by transcending time with an attack is a recurrent feature in fiction.

And again, we note in our speed page that the speed required to travel back in time can be anything depending on how the fiction treats it and is inconsistent. It's unquantifiable and if it does not change the usual speed of characters, listing it as a speed rating makes as much sense as listing AP as unquantifiable for causing a time-space rift by throwing a punch. And if it is in fact a speed boost, then just list "higher". At the core, it's just the ability of time travel at work.

Okay. I suppose that we may have to remove it in lack of better options then.

Aren’t y’all over complicating this?
If in verse they say x speed travels through time, that should still count as immeasurable. Just moving through time via speed, even if the in-verse explanation differs, all that would matter here is the end result (time travel speed.)

The old system worked fine, I don’t get the confusion here.

I think the problem is sometimes this Immeasurable speed is only Travel Speed and doesn't show any feats it scales to their Reaction+Combat Speed, or sometimes the speed is only gained because they have access to and can travel through a certain realm and they don't have any Immeasurable feats out of said realm.

I think the problem is sometimes this Immeasurable speed is only Travel Speed and doesn't show any feats it scales to their Reaction+Combat Speed, or sometimes the speed is only gained because they have access to and can travel through a certain realm and they don't have any Immeasurable feats out of said realm.
Yeah this is understandable.

The second one was already factored into our scaling, if it wasn’t most of Warhammer would have been immeasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back