• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed characters updating second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I can maybe attempt to clean up the language flow a bit, but now for a rewriting on the second paragraph.

It is commonly assumed but not always proven that characters who are omnipresent across both space and time would react to every attack from a normal speed fighter before they even begin to throw an attack. Space-Time Omnipresent characters exist every point and space and every period in time simultaneously; this makes it extremely difficult for characters to land hits on them without attacking the entire space-time continuum. This also makes it difficult for characters to evade their attacks without existing or reaching places outside the Timeline. However, this all happens through sheer size of the omnipresent character rather than speed.

It should be analyzed in a case by case scenario when normal sized characters keep up with omnipresent characters in combat. It is not a default assumption for Omnipresent to automatically have Infinite or Immeasurable combat speeds or reactions. Attacks coming from omnipresent fighters do not always do not always cover the entire universe or multiverse. And some attacks can even be omnipresent through time and not through space; same attacks do not always travel through space at Immeasurable speeds. It is possible for characters with normal speeds to defeat omnipresent characters through cosmic awareness, Acausality, and/or dimensional travel rather than speed. And having attacks with proper area of effect across time and space.

I think I cleaned up at least half the language flow, but I asked more staff to take a look at it.

Last edited:
Well, I am insanely distracted by everything going on in the world right now, so combined with my adhd that makes it hard for me to focus. As such, is somebody else willing to help out with handling the language flow cleanup?

I do have questions

It is possible for characters with normal speeds to defeat omnipresent characters through cosmic awareness, Acausality, and/or dimensional travel rather than speed.
How is this possible? Cosmic Awareness is like Enhanced Sense, Acausality remains ineffective by changes in the past, but does not allow you to automatically dodge damages manually, and dimensional travel mid-fight needs confirmation it’s being used.

But if it’s a case by case bases, I guess you are aware of examples I am not aware of.

Damage kudos my original post so it seems he agrees with it. And I did ask a couple staff to take a look. I also have a headache IRL, but off work today thankfully.

Alright, I can maybe attempt to clean up the language flow a bit, but now for a rewriting on the second paragraph.

It is commonly assumed but not always proven that characters who are omnipresent across both space and time would react to every attack from a normal speed fighter before they even begin to throw an attack. Space-Time Omnipresent characters exist every point and space and every period in time simultaneously; this makes it extremely difficult for characters to land hits on them without attacking the entire space-time continuum. This also makes it difficult for characters to evade their attacks without existing or reaching places outside the Timeline. However, this all happens through sheer size of the omnipresent character rather than speed.

It should be analyzed in a case by case scenario when normal sized characters keep up with omnipresent characters in combat. It is not a default assumption for Omnipresent to automatically have Infinite or Immeasurable combat speeds or reactions. Attacks coming from omnipresent fighters do not always do not always cover the entire universe or multiverse. And some attacks can even be omnipresent through time and not through space; same attacks do not always travel through space at Immeasurable speeds. It is possible for characters with normal speeds to defeat omnipresent characters through cosmic awareness, Acausality, and/or dimensional travel rather than speed. And having attacks with proper area of effect across time and space.

I think I cleaned up at least half the language flow, but I asked more staff to take a look at it.
@AKM sama @Promestein @Elizhaa @DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality @Sera_EX as Antvasima mentioned above, it would be appreciated if we can have help with the language flow.

It is commonly assumed that characters who are omnipresent across both space and time would be able to act and react much more quickly than regular characters, by virtue of their sheer size, but this is not always backed up by the source material. Though the nature of their existence makes fighting and harming them difficult for conventional fighters, requiring the use of abilities capable of affecting their entire being, as well as the ability to dodge their potentially omnipresent attacks, it is not necessarily impossible, as an omnipresent character's reaction time may still be limited.

This should all be analyzed on a case by case basis - omnipresent characters cannot be automatically assumed to have Infinite or Immeasurable speeds, and attacks coming from them do not necessarily cover the entire universe or multiverse. Some attacks can even be temporally but not spatially omnipresent, and these attacks do not necessarily move through space at Infinite or Immeasurable speeds. Despite the difficulty, it is possible for characters with certain abilities, such as Acausality, Cosmic Awareness, and Dimensional Travel, along with sufficient area of effect or hax, to keep up with omnipresent characters with measurable reaction and attack speeds.

Last edited:
That seems fine to add for me as well. Thank you for helping out Promestein.

Medeus:

Weren't you going to improve on the immeasurable speed definition itself as well, so it turns easier to understand?

It is commonly assumed that characters who are omnipresent across both space and time would be able to act and react much more quickly than regular characters, by virtue of their sheer size, but this is not always backed up by the source material. Though the nature of their existence makes fighting and harming them difficult for conventional fighters, requiring the use of abilities capable of affecting their entire being, as well as the ability to dodge their potentially omnipresent attacks, it is not necessarily impossible, as an omnipresent character's reaction time may still be limited.

This should all be analyzed on a case by case basis - omnipresent characters cannot be automatically assumed to have Infinite or Immeasurable speeds, and attacks coming from them do not necessarily cover the entire universe or multiverse. Some attacks can even be temporally but not spatially omnipresent, and these attacks do not necessarily move through space at Infinite or Immeasurable speeds. Despite the difficulty, it is possible for characters with certain abilities, such as Acausality, Cosmic Awareness, and Dimensional Travel, along with sufficient area of effect or hax, to keep up with omnipresent characters with measurable reaction and attack speeds.
It seems like you can apply this then Medeus.

I added that; and oh yeah. I recall mentioning adding some more details about Immeasurable speed and I initially though they were already added. But I think those additions Prom added are fine for now. I'll get to working on the text for Immeasurable speed details as I've mostly been listing examples of what Immeasurable speed characters can do. But I'd like to make sure language flow is organized right before adding them.

But I'll do that after I take care of other things.

Okay, fair enough. It's just Antvasima pinged you a while back about that.

I don't blame you. It's just until this community is ready to have an actual discussion about this, rather than just dismiss it as has happened before, I don't want to be bothered.

Medeus:

Are you willing to make the immeasurable speed standards easier to understand according to what we talked about earlier?

Oh yeah, I forgot I was going to come back. It's pretty much explained in this screenshot.
SmartSelect_20201123-085024_Brave.jpg

I'm not quite sure how to reword it so it looks better on the speed page. But I think those are basically the simplified list of details.

It seems fine to me, but you can ask other staff members to come here and help you out with improvementsif you wish.

Btw, shouldn’t Nocturne here be downgraded too since all they got is a statement of being beyond time and space and no elaboration on being capable of time travel with said statement?
no? He is directly stated to be able to time travel by just moving. i can update the reasoning if you'd like but h shouldnt be downgraded

Simply "Traveling through time through regular movement" isn't enough for Immeasurable speed. There needs to be proof that it scales to combat speed and reactions that their reactions are "Faster than instantly". Otherwise, it's just time travel via FTL movement without more elaborate text.

Simply "Traveling through time through regular movement" isn't enough for Immeasurable speed. There needs to be proof that it scales to combat speed and reactions that their reactions are "Faster than instantly". Otherwise, it's just time travel via FTL movement without more elaborate text.
Since when did we allow FTL movemet to give time travel?

@WeeklyBattles we don't assume all FTL characters can time travel by default. But "Traveling through time via movement" is simply an FTL feat without more elaborate and/or very specific context to back it up further. Or at least "Running laps around the earth faster than the Earth rotates".

@WeeklyBattles we don't assume all FTL characters can time travel by default. But "Traveling through time via movement" is simply an FTL feat without more elaborate and/or very specific context to back it up further. Or at least "Running laps around the earth faster than the Earth rotates".
Eh? Time doesnt just exist on earth though so why is that the basis?

That's just common in fiction, characters being able to time travel even if not Immeasurable or even Sub-Relativistic characters have time traveled via the Earth lapping method. It came from old theories about running a west lap around the earth equates to traveling a day back in time. Or eastward equites to a day forward in time. Heck, Johnny Test traveled to the future with a Mach 9 scooter, and the Dolleran travels time at 82 mph. Being, "Beyond time" or "Transcending time" or "Existing outside of time" do not qualify as AP or speed, they just grant certain abilities or statuses.

Should I call some more staff members to help us out here?

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea either for more staff here or for Nocturne to have his own thread.

The current justification itself isn't reason enough to keep that rating. I'd personally just remove it now and let someone make a thread with proper reasons to get it evaluated and add it back.

AKM makes sense. That can probably be done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back