• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone,

I have seen I missed the big downgrade of guilty Gear (thank god, given the Absolute World shouldn't have scaled from any potential character). However, I fear there are still inaccuracies all over the profiles, that I have bothered to take note of.

The first of all, I do not agree with the AP chosen for the character, as at least the high-top tiers are superior to this according not to one, but two statements:

ATTACK POTENCY (UPGRADE)

1) The first is Dizzy's arcade intro in Guilty Gear XX 1.5, where there is written the following

a dreadful fusion.

a descendant of man and magic.

a woman who must not exist.

her name is dizzy.

the strongest independent gear in the entire world.

she can tear the planet apart.

all she seeks, however…

…is a little human warmth.

pure hope, arising from chaos.

Alas, I cannot find a screenshot of the quote, but as my source I am using this link from Gear Project, a lore expert of the series, quoting straight from the source.

This should place either place any character that can take on Dizzy at tier 5-B (as well as Dizzy herself), or we assume Dizzy is holding back so only a few select characters can truly beat her (such as Sol, Ky etc.). This holding back can be seriously argued given how normally in XX Dizzy could barely stand up to I-No to completely obliterating her in one of her paths

This would make Jack-O's Instant Kill (and Jack'O was comparable to Dizzy back in GGX, as they both fought against Jam and lost/tied to her in their arcade modes) plausible, both her moon level explosion and her comment that she could also break the Earth.

Mind you that, according to the GGworld entry of "Gamma Ray" from GG-Strive-, Dizzy's power output at least of this attack is vastly below Justice to herself, which would place the original Mother Gear and who scales above her above.

2) The most ... out of here quote of all of Guilty Gear Xrd at least regarding the character's powers

Given the characters never show such a level of power across the entire story save with a some hax (Ariels being able to black the unlimited energy output of the Saint Oratiorio cannon with her barrier, although she immediately gets blindesided and one shot by Sol afterwards), I think however characters that can scale to Justice's full power require a Possibly 3-B key.

SPEED (DOWNGRADE??)

Most characters scale to Jack'O's feat of 32 trillion times the speed of light. This is all fine and dandy, but issue is, it comes from her Instant Kill, which we have all deemed as bunk (and which is why we don't use Jack'O's moon level AP).

This is also very troubling because we can't even scale the characters to relativistic+, as that came from Bridget's Instant Kill. This is troubling because I have no idea any notable speed feat to scale characters outside Instant Kill.

However...

ARE THE POWERS OF THE INSTANT KILL CANON?

I would argue that, yes, they are. And this is shown in one specific route in Axl Low's story mode in XX

Posting the script I found here

==Axl VS Sol==

Axl: "Sigh. I guess there just aren't any calm, gentle women around these days. Oh, hey. Good timing."

Sol: "What is it?"

Axl: "I happened to run into an acquaintance of yours just now. She seemed to be looking for you.
A woman in red...Not half bad, either."

Sol: "...Where did she go?"

Axl: "Hold on there! How 'bout a quick match first?"

Sol: "Geh. Whatever."

==Axl VS I-No(Destroyed Sol)==

Axl: "So she's a friend of Sol's...Considering her attitude, I bet she's involved with 'That Man' as well.
Aren't there any nice, sweet babes in this time period? Oh, hey, there she is now. Hey!"

I-No: "Who are you?"

Axl: "What do you mean, who am I? It's me, Axl! If you're looking for Sol, he's..."

I-No: "How dare you speak to me like that! I'll squash you!"

Axl: "Eh?! Hey!"

==Axl VS Sol(1st Loop)==

Axl: "Man, this just isn't my day. What in the world is going on?"

Sol: "What are you doing here?"

Axl: "Huh? You shouldn't have to ask that."

Sol: "What?"

Axl: "The woman in red clothes you're chasing."

Sol: "...How do you know about that?"

Axl: "Huh?"

Sol: "How'd you know I was looking for I-No?"

Axl: "Um, 'cause I just heard about it earlier?"

Sol: "So you've been eavesdropping, eh? Hmph. I thought better of you."

Axl: "What the...??"

==Axl VS Sol(2nd Loop)==

Axl: "Man, this just isn't my day. What in the world is going on?
...I just said that, didn't I? I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Sol: "What are..."

Axl: "I knew it! I'm going back in time!"

Sol: "What?"

Axl: "What's causing this? When the heck did it start?"

Sol: "Stop spouting nonsense already!"

==Axl VS EX Axl(Destroyed Sol to Break Time Loop)==

Axl: "Sol's pretty powerful and all...I wonder if maybe, when my moves collided with his...
...it caused me to travel back? If that's the case, maybe I can get back home this way...Hey, Sol!
Well, looks like he's not here."

In other words, there is no other way for Axl to win against Sol unless he were to use his Instant Kill to DESTROY him. This could scale those specific techniques also way higher, but seem to prove otherwise the power of the instant kill is possible and canon (unless you chalk it up to game mechanics).

There are other cases where, overall, to use Instant Kill in both X and XX changes the outcome of the battle entirely, for example Millia being able to kill Eddie while both her Ending 1 and Zato-1's ending (as well as future game) contradict this, or her accidentally killing Bridget in XX (all outcomes that can be seen in the links I posted)

If so we have both solid AP feats for Jack-O AND speed for all the cast.

SCALING NOTES (GENERAL REVISION)

IMO, feats such as fighting any high/top tiers, especially ones that are renown to hold back, should be avoided unless we are shown to provide a specific challenge. In other words, things such as Axl Low having as a feat 'fighting Slayer' or Millia fighting a casual Ky should not be used.

Valentine's Key of using the cube should be removed because, in her final boss fight (First Phase, Second Phase, Ending), she is stopped from using it, although she should be given an "Higher with transformations", given that in the final cutscenes it's shown that Paradygm believed only Sol stood a chance against her final form. Also, I am curious about the odd teleports in the flow of consciousness during the second phase of the fight. Do you think they should be counted as a property of the Backyard or a power of Valentine?

1) Which reminds me something VERY important. Justice requires two keys, one for her sealed self and her full power.

Quoting chapter 3 of the digest Guilty Gear comic, which you can read here

This is also why Justice looks so different between the pre-Xrd games and the others.

This is important because it also gives us an important scale to the characters: for example, back in Missing Link, nobody but Sol Badguy could stand up to Justice (as seen in Justice's Accent Core story mode), while in XX a few characters Accent Core, set roughly 3 years after, a few characters (for example Ky and Jam) can dispatch copies created by the Post War Bureau with relative ease.

2) Also, Ky should get a different key also for his post Xrd self, given beforehand Sol moped the floor so hard it was played for laughs, even when Ky was completely enraged and Sol couldn't care less. Then in Xrd a mix of his Gear cells and him going all out showed what he truly was capable of, allowing him to nick the Universal Will in the main story and in the epilogues stomping Sol in a spar for the first time in the entire series .

3) I-No should get two keys as a goddess form: she actively represses herself at the beginning out of fear of losing her own identity. Had she not chickened out, she'd have become, as Ariels called her, a being that surpassed time. Given one of the ingredients of the merging was the Tome of Origins (where the Backyard is sealed), her own power over the timeline and scaling to objects like the Cube's power that can control reality on an universal scale*. Her power in her suppressed God form should afterwards scale to/above Ky

*Nobody else scales to the Cube's power. Besides being entirely hax based. The entire plot of Guilty Gear 2 is to stop Valentine from getting such a power and Sol destroys her before it happens. Afterwards, Asuka takes it back and never uses it again

4) Minor nitpick, but Millia doesn't scale to Zato. At all. In Zato-1's story mode in X, even while he is literally about to die annd struggling with Eddie (and drops dead a few seconds afterwards), Zato is fully capable in handling Millia.

==Zato VS Millia==

Zato: "Milliaaaaaa....!!"

Millia: "Zato. I will finish you!"

Zato(Eddie): "OH DEAR. 'I' GOT A LITTLE OVEREXCITED..."

Millia: "So you were devoured by your shadow..."

Zato(Eddie): "DO NOT WORRY. HE IS STILL ALIVE. HE CONTINUES TO SCREAM INSIDE ME."

Millia: "...You!!"

==Ending 1==

Millia: "...kill me."

Zato(Eddie): "AS YOU WISH. WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

Millia: "...?"

Zato: "Millia...........me..."

Millia: "Zato!?....is that you!?"

Zato(Eddie): "STOP IT! YOU'LL DIE TOO!! GYAAAAHHHH!"

Zato: "(This is...the only...way I can repent.)"

Millia Story Mode (Path 1)

==Ending 1==

Zato(Eddie): "SO THIS BODY IS AT ITS END..."

Millia: "Wait!"

Zato(Eddie): "FAREWELL!"

Millia: "Damn! I couldn't finish him..."

Zato: "...Millia...that's you, right...?"

Millia: "Why are you making that face!? Why aren't you afraid!? Beg for your life!"

Zato: "Millia...I.........you..."

Millia: "Don't die! Don't run away from me!"

Zato: "Forgive...me..."

Millia: "You coward!..You were always that way...why must you always...?"

She seems to beat him in her own story mode - Path 2 with an instant Kill, but that one is not canon because she also destroys Eddie, who we know survived the ordeal.

Afterwards, in XX and Accent Core, it's Eddie to take place and he is shown to be much weaker because of Zato's body fully breaking down (stated several times in GGworld and by Eddie's increasing desperation) . Only then Eddie scales to Baiken and can be killed by Millia.

This is given further credence because in Xrd once he is revived, he performs considerably better, impressing Bedman, (in story mode) Ramlethal (SIGN arcade mode), Slayer (REVELATOR Arcade) and Nagoriyuki (STRIVE Arcade), although he never quite becomes a threat to the latter three.

Zato 1 > Zato 1 while barely alive and fighting Eddie for dominance > Millia > Eddie wearing Zato's corpse (and not by much as she loses to him in a few paths)

Bedman SHOULDN'T scale to Sol's full power, not even for a second. In his SIGN arcade mode, he is shown to be ultimately incapable of beating a base Sol, even despite the Dreamworld makes him considerably strong. While he does fare well against Sol (who is a brute that rarely goes all out) and Slayer (who had retired between XX and Xrd and was called out for being out of shape), his performance considerably drops across the remainder of the game
He is mostly smoke and mirrors, but once you know his tricks, he is considerably easier to handle, from being able to handle top tiers to get beaten by low/mid tiers

---

And there they are, some important changes in GG which i believe should be applied.

GENERAL CONCLUSIONS

1) Replace the tier of Dizzy as follows

Varies from At Least 6-A (at least as powerful as Sealed Justice and stronger than Testament, but tends to hold back due to her pacific nature) to Possibly 5-B (is stated to be able to tear a planet apart, but we are not given statements of timeframes) | 5-B, Possibly 3-B [Same reasoning as her current profile]

Who scales above Dizzy before Xrd? Sol, Ky, Sin when enraged, Ramlethal in STRIVE, Justice at full power, Slayer, the original Valentine, Ariels, Happy Chaos, Asuka R. Kreuz and Nagoriyuki. Bedman in his dream world. Each and all should have High 6-A replaced with 5-B

2) Make two keys for Justice: Sealed | Full power
At
least 6-A (by scaling vastly above any Megadeth class Gear and being at least 40x weaker than the time she vaporized Japan down to the ocean crust) | 5-B (Comparable to Dizzy) Possily 3-B (Her power density was stated to be equivalent to a galaxy cluster, but such a level was never displayed), Low 1-C with Eve's seed [Same reasoning as her current profile]

3) Ky should have 3 keys. Missing Link | From X to Overture | From Xrd onward

At Least 6-A
(fought against Sealed Justice enough to be able to have a conversation with her, but ultimately lost) | 5-B (Easily defeats Imitation Series Justice who are as powerful as her sealed self, could have beaten Dizzy but lost on purpose. Defeated Jam, who is comparable to I-No, while poisoned and heavily weakened. Helped fighting off Devil Sin) | 5-B, Possibly 3-B (helped defeat Ramlethal, once his Gear Cells awoke he was able to nick Ariels' arms and fight her off with Sol and Sin, stomped Sol Badguy once he went all out. Was able to defeat Nagoriyuki, who stalemated Sol, in his own arcade mode in Strive), higher with Dragon Install

4) I would suggest Jack-O to have 3 keys too: Xrd | STRIVE | After Calling back her Alternate Personality

At Least High 6-A (could stalemate Jam Kuradoberi and fight off I-No), Possibly 5-B (causes an explosion this big in her Instant Kill while perfectly casual and calm, musing she might destroy Earth next time) Low 1-C with Eve's seed [Same reasoning as her current profile] | Unknown (After losing Juno's scale,she lost most of her superpowers, but was still superhuman, yet refused to engaged in combat throughout the story mode. If she doesn't unlock her other personality Nagoriyuki describes fighting her 'a waste of time') | 5-B, at Least 3-B (Claims to regain her old power back when calling back her alternate personality, defeats Nagoriyuki to the point he declares to be no match to her in her Arcade Mode)

Jack'O, Axl Low, Jam, Bedman and I-No would all scale to this.

5) Instead Ramlethal would have the following keys: Xrd | STRIVE

At Least High 6-A, Possibly 5-B (could stalemate I-No and humilated Potemkin in combat), higher after unlocking emotions (stomped I-No, forcing her to run away, and Jack-O) | 5-B, Possibly 3-B (Defeated Nagoriyuki even when in Blood Rage, while holding back)

6) As for Sol, I'd make a similar last Key after being depowered in STRIVE as the following
Unknown (After having the Flame of Corrupted removed by Asuka he lost most of his powers, but was still superhuman), High 3-A with Saint Oratiorio Cannon (stated to release an infinite output of power)

7) Rewrite Millia as simply comparable to Venom (who defeated Bridget), removing the mention of having killed Zato-1

8) Personal rewrite of I-No: Base | Full Power | Repressed

High 6-A,
Possibly 5-B (Defeated Axl Low and Jam, although lost to the latter in a rematch. Killed several weaker version of Ramlethal Valentine until the latest one stalemated her and eventually defeated her, defeated Jack-O Valentine)* | At least Low 2-C (by merging with Happy Chaos, evolved into a being that was stated by Ariels to trascend the concept of time), Low 1-C with hax (wielded the Tome of Origins, that allows to control the Backyard, was created to manipulate it) | 5-B, Possibly 3-B (even while suppressing her full power to avoid losing her own identity, held off Ky Kiske, but was completely obliterated against the Outrage Cannon once it struck her weak spot)

*I-No doesn't scale to Sol: while she almost kills him him in a route of XX, it's contradicted by her losing to much weaker characters such as Jam, getting annihilated by Dizzy's full power, admitting to have no chance against Sol in Accent Core and try to kill him by sneak attacking his weakened past self.

9) Jam would be

High 6-A, Possibly 5-B (Defeated an Imitation series Justice. Axl Low and won her rematch against I-No. Defeated Dizzy in her own story mode, although we don't know how serious Dizzy was, but was strong enough the government believed her when she said she blew Dizzy "into a million pieces". Was able to fight a weakened Ky, although she ultimately lost to him. Stalemated Jack'O in her arcade mode in Xrd)

10) Bedman

At least High 6-A, (humiliated Potemkin but would have been beaten if he knew his powers, held off Johnny and Leo, was superior to Robo Ky and Venom untl the latter used a charged up version of his strongest attack. ), Likely 5-B (Trained Ramlethal before being deployed, Could fight an out of shape casual Slayer using only 8% of his power), Higher in the Dreamworld (defeated a determined Elphelt and Ramlethal in separated occasions, could distract Sol for enough time to delay his meeting with Ramlethal, although he couldn't make proper damage to him, to the point of calling him 'unbreakable'), Low 1-C with the Absolute World [Same reasoning as his page]

---

Thanks for the downgrade, as I am aware most would be at my throat for that. Any thought or comment about my ideas?

Last edited:
Regarding instant kills being canonical or not, in the second final of Jam no XX, Millia mentions that she will use iron maiden in Venom. Also, the powers of the Guilty Gear characters seen in gameplays are very much connected with their representations in the game's lore, such as Ky with his light magic, Venom with his magic, Sol with his fire magic, all these are powers often shown in gameplay and by extension in lore, even Ky uses his IK on Baldias at the end of Xrd Sign. The movelist in Guilty Gear is considerable as a list of characters' abilities, as they are exactly that. And I don't know if you remember (apparently not) Sol channeled a black hole in Guilty Gear Xrd, which That Man was quoted as saying could destroy the planet. And if Justice could resist the equivalent of a cluster of galaxies inside him, it's because she had stamina at that level, and if she has a durability at that level, it would escalate with Sol who can hurt her and beat her. And it is also mentioned in this scene (The of information density) that this could destroy the world, and the world in this context would probably fit as a universe, because what was happening was the flow of information from the Backyard to the physical world, and how the scientists were referring to this process in the dialogues, the word "world" would be used to refer to the physical world.

Last edited:
Axl low should scale to I-no at least in hax since he nulled her timehax in strive in her God state and like her has a in route connection to the backyard, like Jack-O mentioned twice in xrd and in strive.

Good, and the fact they also seem to jump in power might imply they are above their average physical stats

And I don't know if you remember (apparently not) Sol channeled a black hole in Guilty Gear Xrd, which That Man was quoted as saying could destroy the planet
I did, but these "destroy the planet" statement are always iffy if it means blow up or ravage, as well as our policies about Black holes, made me refrain.

"Tear a planet apart", or "break the Earth" are more clear cut statements

. And if Justice could resist the equivalent of a cluster of galaxies inside him, it's because she had stamina at that level, and if she has a durability at that level, it would escalate with Sol who can hurt her and beat her.
Sol scales to Justice, so does Slayer, Xrd Ky, prime Kliff etc. (the manga shows Sol beating her in base)

I simply saw no need posting them because among GG lore-ists

The only one I am waiting to see the scaling is Happy Chaos. If he beats Nagoriyuki he Scales to them, not otherwise
And it is also mentioned in this scene (The of information density) that this could destroy the world, and the world in this context would probably fit as a universe, .
Again, could be over time and it's likely they were concerned about the planet because... They live there. Not across the universe.

Plus multi galaxy characters is a huge stretch already given no character displays such levels outside statement or Technology/spells past above their physical, in conjunction of Justice at full power requiring an outside amp to destroy Japan (thus my "Possibly 3-B")

Axl low should scale to I-no at least in hax since he nulled her timehax in strive in her God state and like her has a in route connection to the backyard, like Jack-O mentioned twice in xrd and in strive.
Axl Low scales stata wise to I-No because he was able to held her off enough to deliver her a message in SIGN and was able to hurt Jack O in REVELATOR. Although given how (little) serious Jack O was in her fight and the dialogue with I No makes me think he is somewhat inferior to both

Done so, only Choco and Baki that i could'nt because they are inactive

I might also contacting Ant for the staffs approval/input

EDIT: Shit Xanto, you beat me way earlier than i thought lel

There’s a lot to respond to but that planet level statement isn’t even planet level to begin with. I can think of a crap ton of characters with “I’ll destroy the world” statements that are any tier from 9-B to 5-C. We have no time frame and considering she’s comparable to someone that vaporized Japan she could very easily destroy the world given any time once so ever.

Justice’s galaxy statement is part of her Low 1-C stuff. God I-No considered the moon as an ultimatum that would kill everyone. Which means the 3-B is absolutely an outlier if it would physically scale and it points towards Dizzy’s statement being an over time event. Plus with how the feat is worded she doesn’t even need to get past Earth’s GBE (baseline 5-B) she just is tearing the world apart, which implies over time by default.

Valentine’s low 2-C is supposed to be a “if she succeeded” type of deal. But if we don’t list that on profiles then removing it would be fine.

Axel’s instant kill isn’t any durability negating hax, he just blows you up, so I don’t know why he would suddenly be able to completely stomp Sol with it. Also all that proves is that instant kill is canon. This is exactly like Blazblue where instant kills aren’t canon (they also effect the story mode, we still consider them non canon), just the stuff that happens in the story that resembles the instant kill is canon.

Jack-O’s instant kill being canon makes zero sense once so ever because the a large chunk of the world would be gone.

Also I’ve been meaning to downgrade speed for a long while now because XRD alone has over a dozen anti feats, a ton of which required a shit ton of effort for the faster characters in the series. Slayer considers the distance between two countries to be hilariously far and an annoying journey, Chipp took over half a day to travel less than half the planet, Sol and a ton of other characters were inconvenienced by a few kilometers of distance multiple times, a normal gun managed to shoot Ky, May’s ship traveling a few kilometers per second completely chucked Faust through sheer inertia, Ky’s lighting can literally turn into a spike so it should be comparable to man made electricity instead of cloud to ground and multiple characters have trouble dodging it (man made electricity is Mach 1.6), and finally a regular lighting strike was instant in comparison to multiple characters.

I’ll reread the rest soon, though Millia still killed Zato-1 so it’s not like she should be light years behind (granted for some reason she is GG’s punching bag since literally everyone can fight her at their worst while she’s at her best). For people scaling to a held back Ky, they really don’t scale at all. Ky absolutely scales to peak Sol, and Ky is the type of person who absolutely holds back by a lot. If there is a character who gets there tier purely off a non serious Ky they should be changed, but I don’t remember scaling anyone to just that.

Millia’s instant kill is literally her stabbing the opponent with her hair, there is no reason it should be higher than her normal attacks and there is no reason it should be special at all or allow her to defeat an opponent she won’t be able to beat normally.

Axel fighting Slayer is just a bit more evidence of him being within the high 6-A, he doesn’t directly scale. Millia fight a causal Ky was meant for just the 6-As being in the general ball park of strength with the high 6-As. If they aren’t then they won’t even be 6-A

Last edited:
There’s a reason we rate Elphelt as possibly High 6-A. She isn’t causally superior to Leo. She was bloodlusted at the time and she only won with a sneak attack, this being the same scene that had Ky nearly die to a regular gun because (as the game says out loud) it was a sneak attack.

She is hilariously below Leo. And won due to hilariously bad writer logic.

Granted Bedman does flee a lot when fighting other people. His page literally doesn’t change at all and I don’t even think the people we rate as the 100 petaton high tiers change either since i don’t remember saying anyone was really comparable to Bedman (it may effect Zato-1, but I never thought he was a high tier)

Venom needed a special ability vastly higher than normal to defeat Bedman and this was after robo Ky self destructed in bedman’s face and blew up his main defense. That isn’t an anti feat. For Potemkin it was also stated he would need a ton of preparation to win.

Bedman is definitely inconsistent but I think him being High 6-A just lower than most is fine, maybe he could be 6-A, possibly High 6-A if that would be better.

There’s a lot to respond to but that planet level statement isn’t even planet level to begin with. I can think of a crap ton of characters with “I’ll destroy the world” statements that are any tier from 9-B to 5-C. We have no time frame and considering she’s comparable to someone that vaporized Japan she could very easily destroy the world given any time once so ever.
It's not 'destroy the world' though, which I criticized back a few days ago, but 'tear the planet apart'. This sounds way more someone that would blow up the planet, not lay waste to it.

Also, as I pointed out, Justice's Japan feat was amped by using the outrage to output a x40 times stronger attack.... which either means we have to put EVERYONE down to 6-A or place it as an anti feat

Justice’s galaxy statement is part of her Low 1-C stuff.

But why when it's not part of the Absolute World chaos?

Agreeing on removing the Valentine because we rarely use 'what if' when Valentine never got close to using it

Axel’s instant kill isn’t any durability negating hax, he just blows you up, so I don’t know why he would suddenly be able to completely stomp Sol with it. Also all that proves is that instant kill is canon. This is exactly like Blazblue where instant kills aren’t canon (they also effect the story mode, we still consider them non canon), just the stuff that happens in the story that resembles the instant kill is canon.
Sounds farfretched, I admit I did find Makoto's moon bursting attack weird an odd outlier in Blazblue, especially given how a god tier admits a similar feats would take them a lot of effort. There are closer feats across story in BB than GG

Jack-O’s instant kill being canon makes zero sense once so ever because the a large chunk of the world would be gone.
Technically she never used it, but the power she displays there should be canon. She just never used it because she mostly goofed around until she met Jam, then returned to join and stop Ariels

Also I’ve been meaning to downgrade speed for a long while now because XRD alone has over a dozen anti feats, [...].
Fair enough. Although Justice should have been able to travel across the Backyard which is either infinite in size or beyond time. I think she'd need some flight speed or something to scale.

I’ll reread the rest soon, though Millia still killed Zato-1
That's the thing... she didn't. Both Millia's Ending 1 and Zato-ONE's ending 1 show Millia lost and it was Zato-ONE to stop himself, and let himself die. And he was already very much below his peak self.

There is ONE case where Millia beats I-No, but it's like Baiken being able to beat Dizzy and Testament when she is unable to cut down Imitation Series Justice: an in-story outlier

Millia’s instant kill is literally her stabbing the opponent with her hair, there is no reason it should be higher than her normal attacks and there is no reason it should be special at all or allow her to defeat an opponent she won’t be able to beat normally.
I am aware. Somehow in a path it allows her to kill both Zato and Eddie, which she is 1) normally shown not to be unable to 2) Non-canon because we know Eddie survived.

We can ignore that, if you will.

She was bloodlusted at the time and she only won with a sneak attack, this being the same scene that had Ky nearly die to a regular gun because (as the game says out loud) it was a sneak attack.

She is hilariously below Leo. And won due to hilariously bad writer logic.

I checked the entire cutscenes... and disappointedly it's all offscreen, with no indication on how and why she won. We only see later an unscathed Elphelt and a slightly messed up Leo. No indication she won because of circumstances, and given how Valentines are above to almost any human besides Bedman (who again trained Ramlethal and almost killed her later in story mode) and Ky, and Leo is NOWHERE comparable to Ky... I have my personal doubts.

It being off screen gives Elphelt even less reason to scale. Plus she was becoming vastly stronger than normal at that time and she was instantly one shot by base Sol at her strongest.

Tearing the world apart makes it even worse. She’s not obliterating the planet in a single hit (the baseline requirement of 5-B), she is tearing it apart over time. A 6-A can easily do that.

I’m fine with downgrading Millia to unknown then. I was nervous about saying she is the weakest character in the downgrade but it seems pretty set in stone by this point.

If Justice was amped by 40 times (I don’t have the best memory, so while I watched sign’s story I don’t remember all the specifics) when she did the feat then she should absolutely just be High 6-B (or it maybe just be 6-B (let me do the math real quick).

Edit: it’s High 6-B. Note a high 6-B can still easily tear apart a planet.

Jack-O never comes close to ever doing her instant kill so we have no reason to assume it’s canon. Axel Low’s doesn’t really have a reason either since there isn’t a reason as to why it would truly allow him to win. Plus, again, Blazblue literally did the same exact thing, the story changes whether you do the instant kills or not, we count that as non canon.

Though note I’m going to go eat with my family, so I’ll be back in 30 minutes to an hour. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
It being off screen gives Elphelt even less reason to scale. Plus she was becoming vastly stronger than normal at that time and she was instantly one shot by base Sol at her strongest.

She had yet to become stronger, she was only bloodlusted.

At that moment she had yet to be fully possessed by the Universal Will, which it does after she gets died black and those weird... winged things follow her. This said, yes, she was being one shot by Sol. Leo wouldn't fare any better.

Mind you, yes Leo is a "rival" to Ky... but how likely is Ky to be fighting seriously against Leo, between his mental block against humans, his inferiority complex and his further Gear Cell boost?

Ramlethal fared well only because 1) She blindsided Sol with her self destruction 2) Sol wanted to just question her

Tearing the world apart makes it even worse. She’s not obliterating the planet in a single hit (the baseline requirement of 5-B), she is tearing it apart over time. A 6-A can easily do that.
No, because to tear a planet apart would mean to overcome the GBE of said planet.

I’m fine with downgrading Millia to unknown then. I was nervous about saying she is the weakest character in the downgrade but it seems pretty set in stone by this point.

Millia should scale to Venom, as the two regularly fight each other and have victories and losses. They are undoubtedly low tiers, like Anji, Baiken and Bridget though.

If Justice was amped by 40 times (I don’t have the best memory, so while I watched sign’s story I don’t remember all the specifics) when she did the feat then she should absolutely just be High 6-B (or it maybe just be 6-B (let me do the math real quick).

Edit: it’s High 6-B. Note a high 6-B can still easily tear apart a planet.

In case, it would be a mass downgrading everyone to 6-B / High 6-B to every character

Jack-O never comes close to ever doing her instant kill so we have no reason to assume it’s canon. Axel Low’s doesn’t really have a reason either since there isn’t a reason as to why it would truly allow him to win. Plus, again, Blazblue literally did the same exact thing, the story changes whether you do the instant kills or not, we count that as non canon.

I mean, Blazlblue's are definitively canon as they live in a multiverse.
Though note I’m going to go eat with my family, so I’ll be back in 30 minutes to an hour. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Take your time.

If we exclude all of the Instant Kills, if we don't consider the Black hole feats as valid, if we consider a "Tear a planet apart" statement non-planetary nor we consider the multi galaxy statement, yes, we only have that.

I still don’t have a lot of time. The black holes aren’t usable at all. They aren’t realistic enough. Black hole standards are cartoonishly strict. The instant kills also don’t have a reason to be used. They are massively above everything shown in the story (or sometimes massively below, May’s instant kill kills people by shooting them out of a canon).

Tearing a planet apart in and of itself means it’s an overtime feat. To be 5-B they would need to destroy the planet in a single hit. Tearing apart can be done over any period of time and can be done in vastly different ways. 5-B is the highest interpretation by a large margin.

Where the 6-A and High 6-A comes from again?
From this

Tearing a planet apart in and of itself means it’s an overtime feat. To be 5-B they would need to destroy the planet in a single hit. Tearing apart can be done over any period of time and can be done in vastly different ways. 5-B is the highest interpretation by a large margin.

To tear a planet apart is to break it and overcome the GBE of the planet, which is indeed... a planetary feat. I would say that givien that to split a planet in half can even get a large planet level,

To destroy the world is over more semantics

They aren’t realistic enough. Black hole standards are cartoonishly strict.
Still I am sure it was going to cause damage to the planet (although unspecified) which is why Asuka put up a barrier

(or sometimes massively below, May’s instant kill kills people by shooting them out of a canon).
I always assumed a comedic BFR

Multiple characters say May’s cannon is absolutely going to kill them and that list includes a large chunk of the high tiers. Plenty of other instant kills also vastly vary in power. Dizzy instant kill makes every panic and surrender from a 8-A to low 7-C explosion. Sol’s instant kill in a large chunk of the games is just a 9-B chunk of fire or a 9-A explosion. The instant kills are all over the place in terms of tier and are super inconsistent across the board. Combined with the fact the ones that would upgrade them don’t have canon reasons to happen it makes it extremely questionable.

Tearing a planet in half gets good results when we actually see it happen and see it be done in one shot. Like how generically moving a moon is baseline moon level, but seeing it happen can be high 5-A (the Terrarian is an example of both of these, one of the earlier feats is a generic moon move and the second is shown). We don’t see Dizzy do this so she could have done this over any amount of time. A 9-B can tear the world apart if given a crap ton of time (heck we have a 10-C on the site that ripped the universe apart particle by particle), a 6-B could very easily do so if given time. We’ve seen Dizzy lose complete control over her wings and go on a complete rampage and the world isn’t massively screwed over.

When it comes to the information cluster, the information flares are very clearly environmental destruction. Low levels of it can constant surround people and they are stated to be uneffected and Universal Will said it was very bad around Sol and everyone at the end of rev 2 but it wasn’t doing anything unless triggered into causing absolute world

Large backtrack but I’m more free now. Transcending space and time is an immeasurable feat, which the backyard does. But it’s such a large outlier for the cast. Everything revolving around distance that doesn’t deal with the backyard has the characters have massive trouble with (in terms of what we currently rate them) minor inconveniences.

For the low tiers it seems they should also be split up Millia and Venom (and those comparable) would be on the lower end. Anyone comparable to May (So Baiken, Potemkin, and others) would be on the higher end because she fought a bloodlusted Zato and Millia constantly views her as freakishly strong.

Sol’s instant kill in a large chunk of the games is just a 9-B chunk of fire or a 9-A explosion.
We both know that's a blatant case of potency though.
Fair deal on the rest, but I am basing myself off how the statement of Jack-O and Dizzy seem to corroborate on each other (given Dizzy is clearly comparable/superior to Jack'O)
Tearing a planet in half gets good results when we actually see it happen and see it be done in one shot.
How do you tear a planet apart in MULTIPLE shots? The GBE remains on no matter what!
We’ve seen Dizzy lose complete control over her wings and go on a complete rampage and the world isn’t massively screwed over
Even if she was 6B, which is a fair level for her, a good chunk of the planet would be scorched. Blatant case of potency and likely her rampages have an unfocused power (which learns better in SIGN, as she can actually push an unsealed Justice off)

When it comes to the information cluster, the information flares are very clearly environmental destruction
Yes, and indeed, Justice's levels contained are NOT normal, down to having people claim such level are dangerous for the 'world' (either just earth of the universe). And said power comes from within her, not merely the Scale of Juno, it SHOULD scale to her physical

Transcending space and time is an immeasurable feat, which the backyard does
Honestly, I feel like it's a specific hax that makes character move around in the Backyard (especially given how Asuka seems to teach Sol by making him 'tune in' to the Backyad), not an 'immeasurable' speed feat. Even then the size being infinite and Justice having been shown to be able to travel through (as well as an official art of her in outer space) shows she should have like a 'MFTL+ flight speed' that unless we consider Jack'O's feat canon wouldn't scale to anyone else.

The only character to outright trascend time is Goddess I-No at full power... which she immediately represses out of fear of losing her identity, and becomes just comparable to Ky Kiske.

If they specifically have to tune into the backyard (I really need to rewatch that game again (overture), I watched the ending recently but not the full game) then that definitely points towards the immeasurable speed either only working in the backyard or being hack.

For Dizzy’s statement she doesn’t need to overcome GBE. If you chuck a mountain into space you aren’t overpowering the entire Earth’s GBE you are overpowering that mountain’s potential energy. Tearing a planet apart just means she has to overpower the potential energy of whatever section she is ripping off at the time. Though tearing in this context doesn’t need to mean she’s moving the pieces (Ky has a lifting strength anti feat against that since lifting up half the area Justice was in at the end of rev 2 required him to go dragon install and the current lifting strength comes from a non canon manga so the characters should be Class M or G at best). They describe Japan as a gash despite it being vaporized when most people consider a slice to be a gash. Plus Ky’s feat does point against her tearing the whole world apart since he had trouble pulling a small (large in comparison to him, but in comparison to the world very small) section of land.

For the rampage stuff, the single statement of being able to completely tear the world apart isn’t followed up with support. Her rampages are shown to be over time events rather than a instant world ending scenario it would need to be to be 5-B. She would be the one with the feat so she would need to show that she has the range of destruction required to do it, because if she doesn’t then the planet tearing statement doesn’t make any sense.

Last edited:
If they specifically have to tune into the backyard (I really need to rewatch that game again (overture), I watched the ending recently but not the full game) then that definitely points towards the immeasurable speed either only working in the backyard or being hack.
If I am not wrong, Sol does so here

Ky’s feat does point against her tearing the whole world apart since he had trouble pulling a small (large in comparison to him, but in comparison to the world very small) section of land.
That sounds like PIS
Mind you, even if you discard the Black Hole feat as being realistic (which... fair, you don't have to), Asuka places a barrier to make sure it doesn't damage the planet.
Her rampages are shown to be over time events rather than a instant world ending scenario it would need to be to be 5-B.
If for anything, she doesn't even have any worthwhile 6-B feats and has even an anti feat of getting knocked out by a fall, yet we aren't placing at 9-B either, despite Ky being taken down by a gun. At times writers don't realize how powerful/fast a character is made out.

In terms of consistency I will say GG is all over the place. There is two 9-B feats I can think of, a 9-C anti feat (though the writers said their dumb logic out loud with that one), a low 7-C feat (instant kill though), a 7-A statement (Sol said his junkyard could destroy a mountain to threaten Universal Will and she was mostly just confused), Ky holding up that section of land could be a PE feat (it doesn’t need to be an outlier towards ap, it just contradicts lifting strength which tearing falls under), the 6-A feat that would be High 6-B for most due to the 40x back scale, a 6-C and 5-C feats (instant kills), the 5-B statement from Asuka, but he was specifically preventing that through hax (and was causing it through hax) and when Sol tried to break the same barrier without that hax he failed horribly, a 5-C anti feat.

I’m not sure consistency is really an arguement for anyone’s side and usually we go for the lower ends (that don’t revolve around bullets and falling because those are the most wanked things in fiction by writers (though bullets can still be anti feats for speed)).

The destruction of Japan was a massive part of the story and required a 40 times amp, The black hole statement isn’t something any of the characters can normally do (as shown by the barrier being invincible to Sol later), The instant kills are extra inconsistent in comparison to themselves, and the planet level statement isn’t 5-B in and of itself (it really isn’t all that close to 5-B to begin with). It really reminds me of when we had the Frankenstein’s Monster be 9-A for tearing apart a shack. There are ways that feat can be 9-A, but there are more ways it can be done while weaker and the other stuff doesn’t line up with it. Same thing here, the power and speed in the instant kills aren’t backed up in the story and the 5-B and 5-C feats we do have either threaten to kill everyone or can break things invincible to everyone.

Note: I got some homework to do and I’m going to be driving for a bit. I’ll probably be able to respond once before the drive then I’ll be gone for thirty minutes.

jhony leo and bedmam should not improve we know that he faced the robotic copy justice made by crow also guilty gear xx he could battle with I-No when he was kidnapping dizzy to his ship and robokys

Most fiction is inconsistent. Most character that are 5-B here rarely destroy planets.
For example, Doomsday, the monster that put down Superman and who has no reason to hold back due to his destructive nature, has at most destroyed cities and survived lifewiping events.

Speaking of, I also believe that in the GG EXTRA manga there was the Gear Plant that was going to lifewipe, although I admit I did not read that, so I won't talk

I’m not sure consistency is really an arguement for anyone’s side and usually we go for the lower ends (that don’t revolve around bullets and falling because those are the most wanked things in fiction by writers (though bullets can still be anti feats for speed)).
I honestly don't notice that point, but I have personal reservations towards some sites

I still disagree given that to tear out small chunks of land would not be thought as 'tearing a planet apart' (nor used as a threat if it took too much), and consider the feat quite standard, as long as you just put a 'Possibly' to showcase that while it's not confirmed, there is said feat.

Again, don't worry, nobody is rushing you

I wouldn't take Dizzy "tearing the Earth apart" at face value, when you are in the same class as someone that can wipe out a country such Japan from the map then destroying the world is not difficult in the sense it can wipe all its life and shatter the lands.

I wouldn't take Dizzy "tearing the Earth apart" at face value, when you are in the same class as someone that can wipe out a country such Japan from the map then destroying the world is not difficult in the sense it can wipe all its life and shatter the lands.
That is not what I would call 'tear a planet apart'.
TBH I wish I could find the Japanese original text (if there is one) to see what was the original term used

Sorry for being gone for a while. I went to see a friend yesterday and I need to wake up early today for school (I know you said I can take my time, but still think it’s worth a small apology). I’ll look over your post again, but the planet sized gear 1) got high 6-A results, that’s what the characters used to scale to, 2) I’ve been by multiple knowledgeable members of the verse it isn’t canon anymore. Granted I’m not super knowledgeable on the mangas and I’ve been meaning to read them but I’m not sure which ones are canon and which ones aren’t and my free time is pretty inconsistent.

I won’t take the planet statement to mean they can just kill everyone either. But even with just tearing the world apart that doesn’t need to be an instant thing that tears every part of the world to sunder. If I tear paper apart I don’t instantly tear it to hundreds of pieces in a single go. I tear it apart piece by piece. The same thing is implied here. Especially since the writers have her rampages be drawn out events rather than short burst mass destruction.

Can you summarise what you think that we should do here Keeweed?

I mean, I always hate when you phrase it like that since it seems dismissive to the other side of the arguement. I think just saying what’s my personal opinion would be better.

Though, in my opinion:

The characters get downgraded ranging from 6-B to 6-A. The low tiers get split up into two sections. Millia, Venom, and others that only scale to them back scale from the other low tiers. The higher low tiers scale to May who somewhat upscales from Zato (he was close to death but when May fought him he had enough strength left to be confident to fight and was bloodlusted). Sol ranges from High 6-B to 6-A. I’ll need to check on what 5 divided by 20 is to see if the other characters will 6-A or not.

For speed I need to do two calcs, but I need my copy of guilty gear for that and it’s at a different house (I’ll definitely be there this weekend at worst). When it comes to immeasurable speed it will only be for the backyard (and only applies to characters that have been there). I can probably do one of them without the game though.

Lifting strength needs to be downgraded but we need to calc the weight of the area supporting justice at the end of GG rev 2 (and justice’s weight since she was on it).

I need to make a thread on powers on the verse (like May had non physical interaction but people like Jack-O don’t despite that interaction being something every Gg character could do in previous games), so I’m not sure if mentions of instant kills on the profile should be removed now or later.

I mean, I always hate when you phrase it like that since it seems dismissive to the other side of the arguement. I think just saying what’s my personal opinion would be better.

Though, in my opinion:

The characters get downgraded ranging from 6-B to 6-A. The low tiers get split up into two sections. Millia, Venom, and others that only scale to them back scale from the other low tiers. The higher low tiers scale to May who somewhat upscales from Zato (he was close to death but when May fought him he had enough strength left to be confident to fight and was bloodlusted). Sol ranges from High 6-B to 6-A. I’ll need to check on what 5 divided by 20 is to see if the other characters will 6-A or not.

For speed I need to do two calcs, but I need my copy of guilty gear for that and it’s at a different house (I’ll definitely be there this weekend at worst). When it comes to immeasurable speed it will only be for the backyard (and only applies to characters that have been there). I can probably do one of them without the game though.

Lifting strength needs to be downgraded but we need to calc the weight of the area supporting justice at the end of GG rev 2 (and justice’s weight since she was on it).

I need to make a thread on powers on the verse (like May had non physical interaction but people like Jack-O don’t despite that interaction being something every Gg character could do in previous games), so I’m not sure if mentions of instant kills on the profile should be removed now or later.
Okay. That seems to make sense to me.

What do the rest of you think about the above suggestions?

I finally found the old thread on GG some of it's old, some of it's new but I'm also throwing in a small key note stuff here on magic.

I can’t find anything in there that changes anything. All it says is that magic is backyard energy. Which is has nothing to do with whether or not it would scale physically (Plus I’m pretty sure we already went over that before)

Literally everything in the doc has been gone over in this and the last thread.

So I was checking the ap page. Doing all the conversions and reading it Sol will be High 6-B (125 teratons in base, so 25 over baseline, and 250 teratons with 20x (I’m not sure if Sol can do the 40x I’ve seen him only go to 20x even when super serious). All the current High 6-As that scale to 100 petatons will be High 6-B. Everyone that is currently 6-A will be 6-B and everyone who is 6-A+ will be 6-B+.

Dragon Install will be High 6-A for upscaling from junkyard.

Except your blatantly forgetting that guns in this verse are considered black tech, the same tech that's filled with unstable backyard energy that made all modern extremely dangerous during the first dawn of revival and during the second with asuka commanding justice to blow up Japan to prevent a possible abosule world event to occur again like it did with the dinosaurs. Plus, if your also taking the one from strive happy chaos amped these guns with bullets made from NATO's swords so using appeal to reality doesn't work here for any these gun anti feats especially if your gonna ignore potemkin's gauntlets are made with black tech since zepp uses nothing but black tech.
The destruction of Japan was a massive part of the story and required a 40 times amp
Taking 40 mega death gears statement out of context to backscale even though this would only apply to singular mega deaths and not anyone in even in the lowers tiers since they get much stronger later on.
, The black hole statement isn’t something any of the characters can normally do (as shown by the barrier being invincible to Sol later)
Is Faust just funny looking chopped liver, sol can see the damn barrier otherwise he wouldn't be punching the shit out of it, plus either way if it's Ariels or elphelt who's making the barrier it's clear that they can make it stronger cause when asuka got BFR by Bedman and trapped by one of these barriers chronus comes in and says that the same blackhole trick won't work on this.
, The instant kills are extra inconsistent in comparison to themselves,
Cherry picking May's one IK in xrd even though she's not up in the high tiers, plus she doesn't scale to cannon fire like that your treating it like it's attached to her arm or something.

I can’t find anything in there that changes anything. All it says is that magic is backyard energy. Which is has nothing to do with whether or not it would scale physically (Plus I’m pretty sure we already went over that before)

Literally everything in the doc has been gone over in this and the last thread.
I really wanna ask you, where do think that high 6-A feat that your trying to downgrade 6-B with a 40x amp even comes from. Cause if you say gamma ray I got some really bad news for you on that one, it's super move which is in the same boat with IK's which I've seen you have a big nick picky fit over if they're cannon, useable, or even consistent even though we consider most these that don't get used in story or script as what these characters can do and not what they have done. Plus gamma ray is a magic based attack so if magic in anyway shape of the form can't be used for physical AP then your entire point is thrown straight into the garbage which you can't make exception to the rule on it cause you'd have to prove justice can't use magic.

I’ll start off by saying work stuff just came up so this’ll be my only comment for a while.

“Taking 40 mega death gears statement out of context to backscale even though this would only apply to singular mega deaths and not anyone in even in the lowers tiers since they get much stronger later on.”

I don’t remember the scene well and I was told Justice was amped by junkyard. If there weren’t I’ll fully rewatch the scene when I have time. Though I don’t get the second part of the statement, can you massively rephrase.

“Except your blatantly forgetting… “ You keep doing this. Make your whole point first. You say one vague thing then going into vastly more detail well after you should have. Though it doesn’t matter the gun I was referring to was the very regular normal revolver that conclave member had. Plus that entire scene revolves around the characters running around trying to get to positions before a regular lightning bolt struck. If they were MFTL+ like we currently rate them they would be able to do the plan a million times over while that lightning was striking.

The Black Hole trick required a ton of help and prep time but even assuming Asuka could make and use it easily it’s not a normal black hole. It is stated to have a pocket dimension in it. Sol also won’t scale to the planet statement for 2 reasons 1) The planet destruction was being prevented by the pocket dimension not Sol, 2) We don’t even know what it would do to the planet and has a lot of different ways it can be interpreted.

There are way more inconsistent IK’s. You just did the same thing you claimed I was doing by treating that ad my only example. Dizzy’s, May’s, Millia’s (she goes from fighting on par to people to instantly killing them with a single stab of her hair), Axel (similar to Millia but with his chain explosions), and many other feats vary wildly (Potemkin has a 6-B feat for punching people through the planet while Bridget has 6-C one, then Jack-O’s is 5-C, while Dizzy’s is low 7-C at best, and Baiken’s is 9-B). They are all over the place and have no reason to be used as they aren’t used in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back