• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed characters updating second round

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Last edited by a moderator:
Already mentioned Spirit of the Eternity Sword, which should be Unknown.

11 eyes is fine as i said before.

• M- Should be fine, distance, time and causality are meaningless to him
  • Chronos (Chrono Clock)- As blatant as it gets, she is stated to be beyond linear time.
  • Tokyo Babel-God isn't bound by time and basically after its birth, travelled back in time to before the creation of the multiverse, this is fine.
  • The Book Eating Magician- Akashic exists outside time and space which isn't enough for immeasurable, however it's said to wield omnipotent power without distinction for past, present, future, and all laws that make up the universe are apart of him, might be an argument for omnipresence.
  • Invaders of the Rokujouma!? Goddess of Dawn is stated to be unbound by time and space, thus can time travel, her rating is fine.
  • Blick Winkel- A 4 D being, with the fourth dimension being said to be time, and it's gone into a lot details about length, width etc time is another direction a 4-D being can move, so again fine.

Also a heads up, characters rated via something that qualifies as temporal omnipresence as opposed to Immeasurable speed would also need to updated. As those who scale from her, the most commonly brought up is Solaris Sonic the Hedgehog. Would also update Sonic, Shadow, and Silver accordingly.

I heard something about Dragon Quest's Immeasurable speed rating being too vague. Various characters from DC Comics such as Pre-Crisis Superman also need to be updated. And possibly some versions of the Flash.

Uh no, if you're omnipresent, you don't quite dodge anything. And furthermore, it's more so a range ability rather than speed. Not to mention, not all of your attacks would have Immeasurable attack speed. With bigger wants more so being an attack of AoE rather than speed. But not every meteor thrown by an Omnipresent entity has Immeasurable attack speed. It also doesn't really count if time Travel is being done via portals.

For DQ Immeasurable ratings, I'm still not done with playing with all of the games so I don't know for sure if it's legit, but it's best to contact Fan on discord to see if he has an answer.

Your attacks probably would be immeasurable though, at least all physical attacks and everything that scales to those (so everything since if your physical attacks were too fast to dodge you would blitz everyone.)
If you existed in all of time, you would attack from all points when you strike, so you would need immeasurable speed to dodge that.

It also doesn't really count if time Travel is being done via portals.
Solaris never uses portals to time travel DDM, you are confusing him with the Time Eater

Anyways even if Solaris somehow isn't immesurable the hedgehogs still had to react to attacks come from all time periods, since the same Solaris is fighting them, meaning attacks attacking Shadow (past) can attack Sonic (present), who can dodge them

On top of all that, didn't Shadow and Silver explicably time traveled to fight Solaris in the past and future respectively?

My issue with Immeasurable Speed is that like, you're essentially arguing that the character can reliably and easily move at speeds in which they are faster than time itself, to the point where normal causality isn't really a threat to them just because of how incomprehensibly fast they move.

Under this definition... Literally anything a character does is often going to be hard evidence against Immeasurable. Like, I'm not trying to be a downplayer here but it's just a case where even things like the passage of time happening at all is evidence that they're not immeasurable. You can't use "Cinematic Timing" as an argument since there should be no timing whatsoever, even slown down.

So maybe like, don't give immeasurable who characters who blatantly show that they are affected by the passage of time or subject to things like regular acceleration or causality every moment they're on screen Immeasurable just because they fought with a higher-dimensional dude.

So maybe like, don't give immeasurable who characters who blatantly show that they are affected by the passage of time or subject to things like regular acceleration or causality every moment they're on screen Immeasurable just because they fought with a higher-dimensional dude.
This last part doesn’t make sense. Naturally, you can go slower than your top speed.

Going slower doesn’t devalue when you go all out.

I walk all the time, but there is nothing to say I can’t go faster if I run.

The more I think about this paragraph, the more I find this ridiculous. It sounds like Matt is defining Immeasurable as a state of being, rather than Speed.

Also, it seems like Superboy Prime has an immeasurable speed rating by scaling from the Time Trapper, even though his physical manifestation did not display anything remotely approaching this level.

The more I think about this paragraph, the more I find this ridiculous. It sounds like Matt is defining Immeasurable as a state of being, rather than Speed.
If you move with time affecting you then you're not immeasurable.

That is literally showing your movement is measurable. To be immeasurable it wouldn't affect you.

Specific or more controversial examples should probably have their own threads for in-depth discussion. This thread is basically meant to keep tabs on those individual threads. While simple mentions of the verses are fine, but any more elaborate debates should be focused on general policies rather than specific verses. But anyway, it wasn't Solaris who uses portals, but the Hedgehogs who used portals to access time periods based on some conversations I had. But I'd rather not talk about this till a separate thread gets made.

Also, there is such as thing as attacks having temporal AoE, which is not really reaction speed and simply teleporting to different realities or time periods is also not something accounted for. All time travel feats need to be extremely casual for them to truly be Immeasurable. Also, characters that lack Immeasurable speed being able to observe a fight between two characters are a pretty much default argument against Immeasurable speed.

Also, Immeasurable speed is like sheer speed for everything, not having a bunch of abilities often disguised as Immeasurable. Nor is it Omnipresence.

I would greatly appreciate if we strictly focus on cleaning up the pages that should not have immeasurable speed in this thread, as we have already talked extensively and exhaustingly about the standards themselves in the 3 preceding threads.

If you move with time affecting you then you're not immeasurable.

That is literally showing your movement is measurable. To be immeasurable it wouldn't affect you.
If you are always running at Immeasurable speeds, I agree with you.

But you don’t factor that individuals choose to slow down. Speed isn’t constant, a case by case basis, just the rate you can achieve.

Example: Whenever Wally West runs alongside Barry when we know Wally blitz’s Barry.

But anyway, it wasn't Solaris who uses portals, but the Hedgehogs who used portals to access time periods based on some conversations I had.
In Base with 2 Emeralds with Chaos Control, not in Super Form.

Specific or more controversial examples should probably have their own threads for in-depth discussion. This thread is basically meant to keep tabs on those individual threads. While simple mentions of the verses are fine, but any more elaborate debates should be focused on general policies rather than specific verses. But anyway, it wasn't Solaris who uses portals, but the Hedgehogs who used portals to access time periods based on some conversations I had. But I'd rather not talk about this till a separate thread gets made.

Also, there is such as thing as attacks having temporal AoE, which is not really reaction speed and simply teleporting to different realities or time periods is also not something accounted for. All time travel feats need to be extremely casual for them to truly be Immeasurable. Also, characters that lack Immeasurable speed being able to observe a fight between two characters are a pretty much default argument against Immeasurable speed.

Also, Immeasurable speed is like sheer speed for everything, not having a bunch of abilities often disguised as Immeasurable. Nor is it Omnipresence.
Nobody debated anything, people just explained why the hedgehogs keep immesurable, you were the one who debated and replied with them

Ps the hedgehogs never used portals in the fight, your "sources" are definitvely wrong

I would greatly appreciate if we strictly focus on cleaning up the pages that should not have immeasurable speed in this thread, as we have already talked extensively and exhaustingly about the standards themselves in the 3 preceding threads.

Should I change all the listed profiles in the OP to unknown then?

I do not think that seems ideal. It is better if we find calculations to scale them from whenever possible.

Also, at least some of the listed characters (such as Morgoth and Alduin) likely have lots of other characters in their verses that scale from them.

I mean, this current discussion from others are trying to make a case Solaris and Super Sonic seem like they not Immeasurable but Unknown. Which is a stretch.

Case in point.

If someone is willing to post/help out on who should scale to said characters, I'm willing to help out on changing them then.

Well, discussing where to place the characters in question is obviously fine. I just want us to get something productive done here.

If someone is willing to post/help out on who should scale to said characters, I'm willing to help out on changing them then.
Thank you.

Anyway, all of the Valar in Lord of the Rings should have similar speed to Morgoth, to start with.

I'll comment on here soon when I get the time. Need to finish making updates on a verse before I can put attention here.

My issue with Immeasurable Speed is that like, you're essentially arguing that the character can reliably and easily move at speeds in which they are faster than time itself, to the point where normal causality isn't really a threat to them just because of how incomprehensibly fast they move.

Under this definition... Literally anything a character does is often going to be hard evidence against Immeasurable. Like, I'm not trying to be a downplayer here but it's just a case where even things like the passage of time happening at all is evidence that they're not immeasurable. You can't use "Cinematic Timing" as an argument since there should be no timing whatsoever, even slown down.

This would essentially make only characters with Type 5 Acausality capable of immeasurable speed.

I looked up the thread for Estark's Immeasurable speed ratings, and I personally think it doesn't qualify. All I saw was "Transcend Time and Space" and statements about them being unaffected by space and time. And that his attacks transcend time and space. I can see both space-time manipulation and great resistance to it, but not Immeasurable speed. And it contradicts DQ IV cast being effected by time, or even Necrosaro/Deathpizarro who is stronger than Estark being unable to save his girlfriend from a couple of bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back