• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Credit to Muffins for suggesting this just in case. Post any and all spoilers for Shin D×D here. :)

For anyone that doesn't know, Ishibumi announced High School D×D Zero in his blog, a spin-off concerning the Old Maou Faction vs the current Maou and the romance between Sirzechs and Grayfia. We could actually get more info about God! :)

Bonus: Issei has finally made it to the cover of the novel for the first time since 1843!

True Light Novel Volume 1 Cover (1)

Posting it here since I'm just asking about something. Dunno if I should make a separate Q&A thread instead but I don't think it may warrant as such.

Regarding Cao Cao's speed feats when he dodged Azazel and Vali and also fighting Cardinal Crimson Promotion Issei, would it really be a speed feat given that it's might be implied that he could be aim dodging in a sense or prior knowledge? Here are the quotes:

Volume 11 Life 3

"The armour-type Balance-Breaker that is an embodiment of power accomplishes a magnificent power-up. But…… because the power-up is too dramatic, the aura leaks out of the armour a lot! As a result, it's easy to predict how you will attack next if I just read the flow of aura! See! Since you increase the attack of your weapons or fist, the aura concentrates on those areas!"

Volume 12 Life 1

Oh yeah. He understands the weak point of armour type Sacred Gears! He evaded the attacks of Sensei and Vali when they attacked him at the same time, so it would be natural for my attacks not to reach him at all! Because armour-types have extreme power, during their attacks aura gathers at certain parts so he said it's easy to predict the attacks. Even if you know that with your brain, actually responding to the movements shows that he is insanely strong.

I know that the above quote also implies that he still need some reactions despite that he predicts attacks through his opponent's aura.

So how should be considered? Would this still be considered as prior knowledge? I'm not sure if what I was wondering warrants a separate thread that I should make a separate thread for this.

Also, what you guys think of DxD Hero now that the season is over?

I didn't watch the new season but the new character designs (I look from the wiki) are bad imo, I didn't like it, at all.

@Muffins

Nah, it doesn't need a separate thread. But you're right. I've noticed that myself a few times. He'd definitely have a harder time dodging the attacks if he couldn't sense and predict the aura focused in their armors.

I actually haven't watched Hero yet, but people seem to like the art style and animation. I'm personally not a fan of the change in Sairaorg's appearance though...

Maybe I like the designs when I watch but I can't say anything about animation though.

Designs don't look that bad from the little I've seen, but Cao Cao does not look as cool as he does in the novel, and Leonardo looks nothing like I imagined him to be.

@Mindovin it's all good.

When I took a look on the new design, to me it feels much closer to the original artwork of the LN and looks much better when animated.

@Burning Full Fingers

So should Cao Cao's page have a note regarding it in his speed rating? We know that when he attacks it's fast enough to cause a threat to them but when he dodges he rely on sensing their aura, which makes me question how his speed rating should be handled.

Also, I noticed how in Hero Sairaorg wears a tshirt instead as opposed to his attire from BorN, which was the same attire he wears in v10 given the images though him wearing a fit tshirt is fine for me.

As for new artstyle and animation, I heard that there are people that don't like the new artstyle though I wonder what japan thinks of it. Also, I noticed that there's more motions in the fight scenes this time compared to TNK's adaptations. Also, I'm not sure if it's just me but I noticed how the new artstyle from Passione seems brighter than TNK's.

EDIT: And yeah Cao Cao for some reason looks off to me aside from the top part

Don't know if Sairaorg's fit T-shirt is his permanent attire in Hero, but in the light novel, he was wearing the grey shirt under his normal fancy attire, and he took it off to spar with Issei.

Well he was using the fit tshirt in the fights at least for this season. But yea when he sparred with Issei he had the fit tshirt under his normal fancy attire. Not sure if the attire is going to be permanent for the anime adaptation at least

I don't think it'll be. Even when Sairaorg went to meet Rias following Issei's death, he was wearing the noble attire. The grey shirt should only be for battles.

You guys think exposing things to nothingness is existence erasure? Since that's what the dimensional gap does, Ophis, Great Red, armoured Issei etc could have resistance to it.

Did you see those spoilers for Volume 25? Chichigami told Issei to gather the twelve heavenly breasts.

I wonder if Ishibumi was drunk when he wrote that...

Back