• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Oh yeah, I found the thing about Devils being affected by Devil-specific colds and such plus the one about Dragons (even those who are Sacred Gear wielders that have Dragons in them) that messes them pretty badly.

Asia approached me and put her hand on my forehead. Aaah, Asia’s palm is cold and it feels so good…..

“--! He has a high temperature!”

Hearing Asia’s shocked voice, the expression of everyone at the table changed.

……..I see. So my temperature is high…… Even my consciousness is starting to drift away……..

“Ise! Did you perhaps catch the flu?”

Buchou also rushed to me, after putting a plate on the table.

“Devils can also catch the flu? Rather, do they even catch a flu that a human catches?”

“…….No, in this case it is a Devil's…….”

Irina and Koneko-chan are chatting quietly…… After all, the things about Devils are kept a secret from my parents.

“It seems it's easy to get the flu if you are a reincarnated Devil. Xenovia, you should be careful too.”

“Yeah. I haven’t caught a cold that often, but I will be careful.”

“Yes, you don’t seem to catch a cold that often. You are always full of energy, and it seems you can endure viruses. Maybe being a simpleton is a good thing.”

“I feel like I was looked down on a lot, but that doesn't matter. You have to look after your health everyday, and that is the cure to everything.”

…….Irina and Xenovia are talking while reading a thick book. ……Is that book related to medicine? Uuu, am I sick? This is a situation where I don’t understand what is going on, while my head is spinning around and then—

KNOCK KNOCK. Someone knocks on the door.

“Buchou, the doctor is here.”

Kiba and Rossweisse-san enter with a man in a white coat. So Kiba also came…… I've started to think of Kiba as my friend now.

A man…. A person who seems to be a doctor comes in, while bringing a young nurse with him. ……Wow, so nurses also wear white clothing even in the underworld, huh.

“This medical institute is originally a hospital for reincarnated Devils, who were previously human, so the style of those working in the hospital is adjusted to the former human’s standard.”

Buchou whispers in my ear.

……I see, so there are hospitals for reincarnated Devils in the underworld. Well, that’s obvious. In the current Devils' society, there are many reincarnated Devils who were previously human. Maybe reincarnated Devils would feel safer if the hospital is made similar to the ones in the human world.

The nurse took my hand, then started to check my pulse and blood pressure. Looks like even Devils are checked in similar ways to humans for these things. Or is it just limited to reincarnated Devils?

The male doctor looked at me and said,

“Well, to say it in one word, you have a 'cold'. Though it’s a type that only Devils get.”

……You are telling me that it is a Devil-type cold?

The doctor continued while I have many doubts about it.

“Except you also have a flu that Dragons catch, and the two viruses have merged showing stronger symptoms. Since your body base is human, having these two viruses occur at once caused your body to become very weak.”

…..Uggh, I’m still coughing. It’s a bit different from the cold I had when I was a human. A Devil's fever has similar symptoms to a human’s fever, but there is one critical difference: we can’t use our demonic powers.

The aura which is the source of demonic power doesn’t come out from our body. Apparently a fever also affects whatever creates our demonic powers, and once we get sick that process is stopped.

I barely have any demonic powers, but I can still sense coldness, which is one of its traits. Unlike a human’s fever, our "sixth sense" becomes unstable and I am feeling insecure as a result.

It’s similar to the uneasiness of being unable to go to the toilet alone after watching a horror film. Apparently reincarnated Devils, who suddenly gained demonic power, get this feeling when they suddenly lose their demonic powers.

So I am having this cold, scary feeling….. Maybe it’s because of my sickness, but I really want someone with me because, I feel very lonely right now…..

Apparently, the dragon flu causes an inability to breathe fire and the loss of special abilities, but since my body is human-based, I don’t suffer those effects. Only my body feels exhausted.

I could somehow be reading this a bit wrong, but this implies that even for reincarnated Devils, especially those who were once Human, they can't get sick from human-based illnesses. However, they can do so for ones specifically for Devils and those kinds are arguably worse since it dampens quite a bit on them like not being able to use DP or have their "sixth sense" messed up too on top of all that.

Forgot to do this earlier, but here's the CRT for the physiology pages I planned to do.

Aside from some things I should have still done, this should HOPEFULLY be straightforward enough to get them approved and posted so that it'll make the affected profiles in question easier to format and update.

Once that's done, I'll do a CRT to have the verse page updated. IDK if that's also warranted but given the quite significant upgrade in the format I've done to it, that might also need to be done.

Anything of note on there for the actual new verse page to be made is a whole another matter. By that, I mean of things like maybe new calculations to be done (or existing ones to be remade? If anyone thinks the ones we got now for scaling and tiering could be redone for better results, idk. Just a thought), the explanation pages like physiologies and cosmology of the verse, maybe a tabber for certain terms could be used like explaining what a Sacred Gear is and all that but could also be used for a blog too like the ones Masque made, and so on.

Based on the responses, it seems 3-A/Low 2-C/2-C cosmology is safer*. The thread right now is a clusterfuck with people bringing up evidence from questionable canon sources, making the thread confusing to follow. My suggestion is, if you guys still feel strongly about the Fantasia thing, actually watch or play it and gather evidence to make a new revamped thread
Looking at the cosmology thread now, like I said earlier, another thread should have been made about Rebuild. It's always going to be controversial because it's a crossover and doesn't have English translations, then it also massively upgrades the cosmology. It can't just be slapped in the middle of a thread, honestly.

I guess we should continue with the physiology and ability updates for now. Nice job @Qliphoth_Bacikal.

Anything of note on there for the actual new verse page to be made is a whole another matter. By that, I mean of things like maybe new calculations to be done (or existing ones to be remade? If anyone thinks the ones we got now for scaling and tiering could be redone for better results, idk. Just a thought), the explanation pages like physiologies and cosmology of the verse, maybe a tabber for certain terms could be used like explaining what a Sacred Gear is and all that but could also be used for a blog too like the ones Masque made, and so on
Masque made a new justification for the volume 5 mountain feat to be a large mountain at least, then apparently there's other destruction statements to be brought up.

There could be new calcs for Issei's rating game destruction feats, but those being explored would mostly depend on whether staff accept the massive Boost multipliers or not. That's pretty much maybe the most important part of what Masque is proposing, if I'm getting everything right.

Looking at the cosmology thread now, like I said earlier, another thread should have been made about Rebuild. It's always going to be controversial because it's a crossover and doesn't have English translations, then it also massively upgrades the cosmology. It can't just be slapped in the middle of a thread, honestly.

I guess we should continue with the physiology and ability updates for now. Nice job @Qliphoth_Bacikal.
Masque made a new justification for the volume 5 mountain feat to be a large mountain at least, then apparently there's other destruction statements to be brought up.

There could be new calcs for Issei's rating game destruction feats, but those being explored would mostly depend on whether staff accept the massive Boost multipliers or not. That's pretty much maybe the most important part of what Masque is proposing, if I'm getting everything right.
Thanks. And yeah, this is true. Something of a new update without an ENG TL (that being MTL is also looked down upon too iirc. That's how Rakudai Calvery, Fortissimo, and pretty much 90% of Maou Gakuin got nuked off this wiki fandom for) AND being dropped down in the middle like a care package in CoD isn't a smart move.

I also personally think just it being infinitely large that it can house infinite-ish sized realms/worlds/dimensions whatever they are would have sufficed now that I think about it but look at where it is now...

And ah, true.

I really want that Boost multipliers thread to be made tbh. That was the whole point I initially went on a tangent (I am not ashamed for that outburst that time owo) on here and try to do some stuff. Things like a cosmology thread, though useful since it could help with things like giving chars certain range stuff like teleportation from and to certain places (ex. Devils and Angels coming to and from Underworld/Heaven to Human World/Earth and back, for starters). Most of all, it REALLY has major effects since Boosted Gear's multipliers aren't just simply power but pretty much everything like speed, healing potency, etc.

I also personally think just it being infinitely large that it can house infinite-ish sized realms/worlds/dimensions whatever they are would have sufficed now that I think about it but look at where it is now...
Apparently it isn’t enough for 2-A anymore. I guess Low 2-C or 2-C is the next best thing for the cosmology unless Rebuild is also accepted.

really want that Boost multipliers thread to be made tbh. That was the whole point I initially went on a tangent (I am not ashamed for that outburst that time owo) on here and try to do some stuff. Things like a cosmology thread, though useful since it could help with things like giving chars certain range stuff like teleportation from and to certain places (ex. Devils and Angels coming to and from Underworld/Heaven to Human World/Earth and back, for starters). Most of all, it REALLY has major effects since Boosted Gear's multipliers aren't just simply power but pretty much everything like speed, healing potency, etc.
Could be done after the cosmology has been settled.

This is also another potential wild ride lol.

Apparently it isn’t enough for 2-A anymore. I guess Low 2-C or 2-C is the next best thing for the cosmology unless Rebuild is also accepted.

Could be done after the cosmology has been settled.

This is also another potential wild ride lol.
Oof.

Well even at the lowest interpretation, it'd be of a greater level of Low 2-C/2-C given the scope the DG is at.

And true lol.

Swear, the boosted gear shit should have been done first lol.

You would think a series like DxD would be pretty simple but once you get into it you def see the issues.

Alright Gangsters, new game plan, proposal of 2-C. Re:Build will make its return some day, hopefully we can get the translation done by the end of the year.

2-C cosmology was already accepted, no? Just update the verse page and move on with the Boost thread or other calcs. Thread can be closed soon, I think.

I’d say after the Boost thread, handle the whole light beam stuff and then abilities. Meanwhile, we can keep looking out for ability additions and adjustments.

2-C cosmology was already accepted, no? Just update the verse page and move on with the Boost thread or other calcs. Thread can be closed soon, I think.

I’d say after the Boost thread, handle the whole light beam stuff and then abilities. Meanwhile, we can keep looking out for ability additions and adjustments.
The thread is such a mess, I don't know how to handle it currently which is why I wanted a new one made but everyone kept wanting to yell at each other...

Let be real here, i think we shouls focus on making the verse up to date first, the lack of scans and reference is jarring, then abilities is next, cosmology should be the last of our worry. Look at how i maintain Dragon Ball Heroes, cosmology thing is always the last thing
This.

Out of all the things I had thought to do or wanted to do, cosmology was the last thing that would have come up or not at all even.

Given how long it's been going and where it's been at for weeks now (cosmology CRT), that really should have been done later rather than sooner right out the gate. Especially so in even trying to scale any Top or solely the God Tiers to it, no less.

Hence why I'm more concerned with trying to take care of some of the other stuff as you mentioned like updating the verse and putting in references + scans among others.

This.

Out of all the things I had thought to do or wanted to do, cosmology was the last thing that would have come up or not at all even.

Given how long it's been going and where it's been at for weeks now (cosmology CRT), that really should have been done later rather than sooner right out the gate. Especially so in even trying to scale any Top or solely the God Tiers to it, no less.

Hence why I'm more concerned with trying to take care of some of the other stuff as you mentioned like updating the verse and putting in references + scans among others.
I can help with organizing stuffs, since i have experience with editing pages, all of current Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse (and some DBZ, DBS, GT) profiles was edited by me

So how do we even treat that story written by the Oda Nobuna author? About a Miyama Zero style world or something.

Like, those were parallel world versions, right?

Let be real here, i think we shouls focus on making the verse up to date first, the lack of scans and reference is jarring, then abilities is next, cosmology should be the last of our worry. Look at how i maintain Dragon Ball Heroes, cosmology thing is always the last thing
Well we have already talked about most abilities here. Having a hard time thinking about other abilities that could be added or removed.

Not sure about scans but I know I added many references years ago, albeit I am not sure if I covered all pages before I left. Do you need to start adding light novel screenshots if there’s already references? It wouldn’t hurt, I guess, but it’s quite an undertaking.

This is a good example of characters being able to compress their AoE to minimal levels, for what it’s worth, from volume 5.
As Saji sighed, he gathered a mass of demonic power unlike anything until now between his hands! What size! It will affect the entire surroundings!

As I felt that, that demonic power was compressed and shrunk. Then, a demonic power bullet the size of a softball was created between Saji’s hands.

“With this, it won’t affect the surrounding area, and it will completely destroy just your body.”

Do you need to start adding light novel screenshots if there’s already references
Normally, based on the new rule, having references is enough, but personally, having both scan and reference is better, cause some major abilities and stats rating could still get questioned without scan back up, references is for peoples to know where to look for those specific scans. And yeah i understand how tedious it is, for DBH some abilities i even gathered like over 20 scans for them, it take months to finish a single profile, but similar to DB where you can have Ki as Universal Energy System and Physiology, DxD did have system of race physiology so it will reduce the amount of work, just need to focus scans on those verse-specific ability page and later we can link appropiate profiles to it. I even think about a Sacred Gear page to slap all sacred gears into it to reduce the amount of work, but if you guys don't want it then i will terminate the plan

Normally, based on the new rule, having references is enough, but personally, having both scan and reference is better, cause some major abilities and stats rating could still get questioned without scan back up, references is for peoples to know where to look for those specific scans. And yeah i understand how tedious it is, for DBH some abilities i even gathered like over 20 scans for them, it take months to finish a single profile, but similar to DB where you can have Ki as Universal Energy System and Physiology, DxD did have system of race physiology so it will reduce the amount of work, just need to focus scans on those verse-specific ability page and later we can link appropiate profiles to it. I even think about a Sacred Gear page to slap all sacred gears into it to reduce the amount of work, but if you guys don't want it then i will terminate the plan
Hm, technically DxD isn’t that popular here nor does it have many controversial abilities. But I get what you mean. Having both scans and references would be great.

I think adding scans can be done over time if references are considered enough. Don’t think scans alone should hold up other revisions, since we do have a lot of references already.

I guess I can handle a complete Sacred Gear page along with updating character profiles and getting Re:Build translated but keep in mind this endeavor could take a few months.

And would the Sacred Gear Page feature all Subspecies Balance Breakers as well? I assume Artificial Sacred Gears and Malebranche would get spots too?

And would the Sacred Gear Page feature all Subspecies Balance Breakers as well? I assume Artificial Sacred Gears and Malebranche would get spots too?
I’m thinking what the Sacred Gear page would be useful for. Is it like an explanation page, or something to be listed on character pages. Because technically, the only thing they have in common is reactive evolution, no?

I’m thinking what the Sacred Gear page would be useful for. Is it like an explanation page, or something to be listed on character pages. Because technically, the only thing they have in common is reactive evolution, no?
Just an easy index to refer to with a description of each ability with scans as some sacred gears have multiple users, although thinking about it again, it is kinda unnecessary.

Back