• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Discussion Thread 5: Shin and Slashdog Included

Inconsistent mary sue whos weak to little green rocks and wears his underwear on top of his pants, issei gets some kryptonite, boosts and transfers the power to the kryptonite and slits sups throat, and adds lois to his harem gg.

C99E9A11-7C55-43C0-9C45-BF380D689494
You realize even when weakened by by krptonite and no sunlight for days was still able to bust the planet by jumping itself right, no one in dxd can compete with weakened Superman.

Lmao, traumatic times for Ise. Reminds me, why did Riser go for Goristie's younger sister when he knows she'll end up turning into a gorilla?

Riser did ask her to not grow up. However, I think there's some basis and Phenex bro might be smarter than we think.

Considering people such as Venelana and other female Devils keep themselves young through demonic power usage, wouldn't it be possible for a Yuki Onna to do the same if they're reincarnated? That way she could remain pretty regardless of how old she becomes.

Yeah, that's true.

Also just realized that the sudden ExE invasion might have effectively destroyed any chance of Mitsuya facing Ise or Tobio. I really wanted to see some kind of fight between them after the Vol 25 hype. >_>

I was pretty sure he'd clash with Ise over their completely different ideals, but at this point, he'd probably just join EXE without such drama.

It is truly a shame. But speaking of Mitsuya and Shizuka, I'm still curious about just what kind of relation they have to Shooting Star. That mention she made of him was so weird, yet hasn't been addressed ever again since Volume 25.

I too want to see Issei vs Mitsuya or Mitsuya vs Tobio as well. Now that DemonicJester01 mention it, his group relationship with Shooting Star was never mention in any light again aside from a single mention in V25. Also, I do hope that Slash Dog will gives us more detail on Nakiri Momiji and her Telos Karma power more in depth if ishibumi can do it.

What I thought was that Shooting Star could be a (former) member of Cross Times Kiss. But Ishibumi could have changed his original idea of Shooting Star (remember how Mitsuya referred to him as a kid, and it turns out he's in his late 20s, lol), so no idea right now.

I believe we may see a few more mentions of Telos Karma and Momiji in the Nakagami volume, but the main thing should be in the story of Ouryuu or Mitsuya.

I would not say "nothing". He can easily defeat Hades, who fought against both Vali and Fenrir simultaneously. Hades is stronger than Angra Mainyu who was equal to Pseudo DxD. He also did not get ripped apart by Satan Lucifer Smasher as a HD-class would.

Tartarus just got slapped around by AxA. He could regenerate, but a Phoenix can regenerate from damage inflicted by people way above their weight class. Issei being surprised that he was still intact after Revelation Blaster + Ddraig's flames means something positive for his power, but he's at most stronger than HDs like Hades.

Tartarus' main threatening ability is not related to destructive power or even real "offense", the things which Sirzechs can no-sell without issue. However, him being able to win in that way doesn't make him stronger at all. Sirzechs is way stronger than Tartarus by any possible and reliable judgment we can make.

With all this stuff, i hope Ishibumi doesn't change anything and more consistent.

Its kinda weird when GR dead, no realm was affected since he holds those.

But AxA is way above DxD G and DxD L, and Sirzech never fought Hades to confirm that he is stronger than Hades. That why i dislike this series, people wanking some character because some words

Now that i forgot, need a page for Hades for Angra Mainyu

He himself said he could destroy Hades, Hades confirmed it, and Azazel said he could do it easily.

How is AxA being way above DxD relevant? Sirzechs is not comparable to them, he's superior.

Sirzechs is stronger

No feats for that. Tartarus at least survive AxA Blast.

Sirzech never fought Hades to confirm that he is stronger than Hades

I agree. If reread Vol.12 now we only see Azazel sure in defeating Hades easily while Hades himself doesn't fear Sirzechs as he fear Balberith when he was born, and he only agree that if they fought Netherworld would perish. And Sirzechs also never said that he could easily deal with Hades. Also Azazel include in that easily himself, Dulio and Tobio (though they still much weaker than Sirzechs).

Angra Mainyu

He is P DxD G tier

Hades

Around Indra, Tartarus tier.

Demonicjester01 said:
He himself said he could destroy Hades, Hades confirmed it, and Azazel said he could do it easily.
How is AxA being way above DxD relevant? Sirzechs is not comparable to them, he's superior.
No, Hades never confirm he can be defeated that easy, Sirzech and Hades never fought, no way to know that Sirzech is stronger, Tartarus can hold his own again AxA strongest blast which itself is Planet-tier; according to your claim Sirzech is WAY STRONGER than Tartarus, that mean Sirezch himself way above Planet-tier, which mean is currently way above everyone in DxD (exclude the guys come from other world who possibly bitchslap Great Red), why the hell he don't one shot 666 to oblivion already, doesn't need Isolated Bounded Field at all if he is that strong.

Now according to Ddraig when he said about Sirzech power when they face again one of 666 core, Ddraig while not said directly, but atleast we can understand that Sirzech is atleast comparable to HD-class in term of destructive power. So now to AxA, the form is strong enough to make Issei jump from 6-B to 5-B, even if we high-balling Sirzech that he is stronger than HD-class at full power, there is nothing confirm he is Planet-tier; and Hades fight both DxD L and Psuedo DxD G simultaneously, that mean even low-balling Hades he is comparable to HD-class.

So now if we conclude this, Sirzec have nearly no feats to help him content with Hades at all, let alone help him content with the like of Tartarus or AxA Issei(well he could just wait AxA wear Issei down to win though :D)

Wat? Tartarus didn't "hold his own against AxA strongest blast", not even close. Tartarus got absolutely wrecked by AxA's suppressed firepower, it wasn't even a competition. I don't think you have read the fight.

Also, Hades confirmed that Sirzechs could beat him, while Azazel said he could do it easily. Don't conflate what I said.

But even with that, your misunderstanding is all rooted in you thinking Tartarus is somehow AxA level, and you're spawning a lot of nonsensical conclusions from that. Dude, read the fight. I never said Sirzechs is planet level, he doesn't have to be planet level to be stronger than Tartarus. Tartarus didn't contend with AxA's full power, he got demolished by AxA's suppressed power.

Sirzechs being superior to Hades is confirmed by the conversation itself. He's superior to HD-class since Hades is too, and Hades is not stronger than him.

@Vergil Hades fearing Balberith is because his potential is enough to perhaps reach Dragon God-class. Sirzechs can kill Hades, but he's not incomparably above like Balberith can potentially be in the future. The comparison here doesn't work.

Also Azazel never included himself, Dulio and Tobio in his comparison. I don't have the raws, but in the translations he says "he (Sirzechs)" can easily accomplish it. If the raws have him include himself, Dulio and Tobio then feel free to provide it.

Yes, Tartarus was stomped by the limited AxA, not full power. This is stated in both Life 4 and New Life.

Sirzechs is stronger than Hades because, while Azazel said Hades was strong enough to beat him, base Sirzechs, Dulio and Tobio simultaneously, he said Sirzechs can do so easily on his own after seeing his true form.

Hades was directly mentioned to "shudder once again at the beings known as Super Devils among Devils". It's not just Balberith.

Also, Hades confirmed that Sirzechs could beat him, while Azazel said he could do it easily. Don't conflate what I said.

Hades never confirmed anything. He said that if they fight Netherworld would be fully destroy. He only confirmed thath Sirzechs is strong enough to beat him. It doesn't mean EASILY. Vali could also defeat him in 1 vs 1. Ise as well. In Shin 4 Ise and Vali go together just for been sure as them both were greatly exhaust after previous fights they held. Hades is above HD class but not that great so HD couldn't beat him and couldn't damage him seriosly.

Balberith is because his potential is enough to perhaps reach Dragon God-class

Not, go reread Vol.24. He feared his endless and bottomless aura that looks like it's has no limits that he sense in moment of born, and thats why he concluded that he could reach Dragon God class.

Also Azazel never included himself, Dulio and Tobio in his comparison. I don't have the raws, but in the translations he says "he (Sirzechs)" can easily accomplish it. If the raws have him include himself, Dulio and Tobio then feel free to provide it.

And yeah Azazel never see true power of Hades as well. But I could agree that POSSBILE Sirzechs and Ajuka could be on par with Hades. Though AxA still FAR above all of them as it was mention in Shin 4 that with AxA power Ise could easily deal with both Hades and Angra.

It's not like Hades suppresses his power, has a transformation, or stayed under the radar like Crom. It's like saying Azazel doesn't know Shiva's true power or that the characters didn't know about the true power of the Dragon Gods because they don't fight seriously. Like, how would Vali know about the strongest beings in Volume 4 when he never came into contact with most of them?

IIRC, it's already mentioned in Shin Volume 1 that each faction keeps a list of the strongest beings from all mythologies and that they don't include Great Red cause he doesn't do anything. I'll check again later to make sure.

Also, as I said above, Hades did shudder at the power of Super Devils aside from Balberith. And it can only be referring to Sirzechs since that's the only other transcendental he's seen at full power.

Until there is a fight broke between Hades and Sirzech, nothing confirm Sirzech stronger than Hades or vice versa.

Yeah i wrong about Tartarus, but hold his own again AxA for awhile is an impressive feat. and Psuedo DxD do nothing again Tartarus at all that mean he is above HD-class, while Sirzech is being stated by Ddraig that he is HD0class mean the claim Sirzech is way stronger than Tartarus is NLF

When did Ddraig said that Sirzechs is HD-class? Ddraig's only statement on Sirzechs has been in Volume 8 that he's superior to the og Lucifer (this is not true form), and in Volume 21 that he's a "true monster". No comparison to HD-class was made.

Still, the fact here is that Azazel said Sirzechs can easily defeat Hades in his true form, despite the same person saying Hades could beat base Sirzechs along with himself, Tobio and Dulio. I don't see what's so complicated about this.

Sirzechs also said he can beat Hades and we're later shown Hades "shuddering once again" when thinking about the "extraordinary beings known as Super Devils". Except we say Hades is now afraid of Verrine, this should be referring to his encounter with Sirzechs.

You'd have to use huge leaps in logic to say Sirzechs isn't on par with Hades at the very least. Nothing also contradicts Sirzechs being this strong because he has no anti-feats to suggest that.

Also, the only reason Tartarus survived the first couple of seconds against AxA is because of his Regenerationn. If he was human sized like Hades, he'd have been vaporised for sure.

I no longer respect Verrine and Baalbertih so much for their defeats against team Rias and Sairaorg ... the nerfed hit them hard.

They simply had their weaknesses exploited, and in the case of Balberith he gimped himself out of fanboyism.

That's not "nerfing", it's simply the natural truth that "stronger" is not the same thing as "invincible".

Baalberith and Verrine in volume 24 themselves defeated the Asura gods as Mahabali, who managed to entertain the Indra team.
for them to lose in that way is disappointing, why did the asura gods not take advantage of thinking about strategy to see how their companions fell before those two demons? So that's why for me he is an unjustifiable nerfed who made me lose respect.

It feels like cell after beating vegeta is beaten by the teamwork of tenshin han, krillin, piccolo and yamcha.

@BFF oh, I meant to say nerfing. My bad, it was the autocorrect.

@Af review It is easily possible that the Asura team didn't make the same preparations for facing Zeno's team than they did against Indra's. After all, it was a team that was on a hard lose streak, and hadn't used any of the artificial devils until then. There's no strategy they could have thought for it because, once again, they were a bunch of new members.

Your comparison also doesn't work because: first of all, the difference between Cell and the people you mentioned is incomparably higher than the difference between Balberith and Verrine and their respective opponents. Second, Cell doesn't have any exploitable weaknesses like Balberith and Verrine did. And third, Cell didn't do stuff like fight without ki or without his Regenerationn, in the way Balberith did by using the Oppai Dragon style and no demonic power.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Still, the fact here is that Azazel said Sirzechs can easily defeat Hades in his true form, despite the same person saying Hades could beat base Sirzechs along with himself, Tobio and Dulio. I don't see what's so complicated about this.
Sirzechs also said he can beat Hades and we're later shown Hades "shuddering once again" when thinking about the "extraordinary beings known as Super Devils". Except we say Hades is now afraid of Verrine, this should be referring to his encounter with Sirzechs.

You'd have to use huge leaps in logic to say Sirzechs isn't on par with Hades at the very least. Nothing also contradicts Sirzechs being this strong because he has no anti-feats to suggest that.

Also, the only reason Tartarus survived the first couple of seconds against AxA is because of his Regenerationn. If he was human sized like Hades, he'd have been vaporised for sure.
so just because Azazel said this and everyone must accept it with out anything to back-up, even Sirzech don't claim that he can stomp or one-shot Hades. Seriously stop wanking character with out solid evident, just because this is LN doesn't mean we can accept anything with a vague line, like is aid before, there are no feat involve them fighting each other, so we can't measure them, we don't know who stronger than who, stop claiming.

And beside, i don't try to make people think that Sirzech is weaker than Hades, this matter is unknown at this point, we never see true extent of Sirzech's power to actually confirm, and because you and that Demonicjester01 guys said at first that Sirzech is superior to Tartarus which make no sense at all, that why i want to debunk that opinion

Vietthai96 said:
so just because Azazel said this and everyone must accept it with out anything to back-up,
Why would Ishibumi write ths if not to at least give a rough indication of how the powers of Hades and Sirzechs stand in relation to one another? Let alone accounting for what BFF said about how Hades shuddered "again" at Super Devils.

By the line of thought you're trying to pull, then we should discount a huge amount of the ideas we have on character strength, because most of them are from stated comparison by other characters. Yet this is the only one you so strongly call into question. That only indicates extreme bias on your part.

Vietthai96 said:
even Sirzech don't claim that he can stomp or one-shot Hades
We never said he would one shot (or at least I never said so). But Sirzechs did say he had the power to eliminate him, and Hades said it wasn't a joke.

Vietthai96 said:
there are no feat involve them fighting each other, so we can't measure them, we don't know who stronger than who, stop claiming.
We also have no feats of DxD L Vali fighting the former Lucifer, yet due to statements, we know Vali is stronger. We have no feats of the current Maou fighting the former ones, yet we also know that the current ones are stronger. We have no feats of Juggernaut Drive users fighting any Gods, yet we know they can due to the statements. How come you don't call this into question, but you do with the Sirzechs statements? That's incredibly inconsistent and, again, indicates bias.

Vietthai96 said:
and because you and that Demonicjester01 guys said at first that Sirzech is superior to Tartarus which make no sense at all, that why i want to debunk that opinio
How does it "make no sense at all"? The only points you have brought up to say so are complete errors on Tartarus' feats (such as saying he matched full power AxA), and a thought that hasn't ever been stated in the novel (that Sirzechs was called HD-class by Ddraig).

If you have any other feel free to provide it, but as it is, you haven't shown even in the slightest how the thought of Sirzechs being stronger than Tartarus "make no sense at all".

We have no feats of the current Maou fighting the former ones, yet we also know that the current ones are stronger

We have. Read DxD Zero.

Why would Ishibumi write ths

Never say anything about Ishi as he don't understand how powerlevel works at all. He also made retconts just for sake: "I want to made fight between this and that and I don't care that first is hundred times stronger than second, I just made them looks equal just because I want so".

We also have no feats of DxD L Vali fighting the former Lucifer, yet due to statements, we know Vali is stronger.

Lol what a lame point. We know that Vali much stronger due to Heavenly Dragon class far above Satan class.

But Sirzechs did say he had the power to eliminate him, and Hades said it wasn't a joke

That just mean that Sirzechs is strong enough to defeat Hades. It doesn't mean Sirzechs is above or far above.

Vergil Lucifer said:
Never say anything about Ishi as he don't understand how powerlevel works at all. He also made retconts just for sake: "I want to made fight between this and that and I don't care that first is hundred times stronger than second, I just made them looks equal just because I want so".
Ishibumi being inconsistent is one thing, but distrusting statements of his that haven't been contradicted yet would just make the entire series impossible to scale. It's not just a matter of the Sirzechs's statement, as you're bringing it as far as feats (of which I'm still doubtful, because I still haven't seen Ishibumi portray people with a difference of a "hundred times" fighting equally).

By the reasoning you're using, there's no point nor logic to any of the scaling done for the series, as both feats and statements are completely unreliable for you. Therefore, unless you're extremely biased, this argument is just self-destructive for your position.

Vergil Lucifer said:
Lol what a lame point. We know that Vali much stronger due to Heavenly Dragon class far above Satan class.
Which is still nothing more than a statement, statements which you mentioned just before to be completely arbitrary and reliable. How come the statements on Sirzechs are nonsense and arbitrary but this one is somehow trustworthy? Again, bias. All you did was specify what the statement said, but it is a statement to the end.

Vergil Lucifer said:
That just mean that Sirzechs is strong enough to defeat Hades. It doesn't mean Sirzechs is above or far above.
Fair enough. That's correct on its own. But coupled with Azazel's own statement, the implications become very different.

Back