• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Well we know that Great Red balances the DG, that's true in every timeline. Great Red is currently dead, Regalzeva has no reason to keep DxD alive but its existence persists. Why is that? We know the timelines are all connected, So why couldn't other Great Reds do it?
The person strong enough to kill Great Red would gain control over the Dimensional Gap, as stated in volume 6.

Regalzeva would have a reason since he’s a battle maniac and interested in dragons like Ophis. His subordinates brought up data on dragons for him to face. It’s not like they really want to blow the whole place up.

About the timelines, no such thing has been mentioned about the other Ophis or Great Red versions, so that’s the issue here. There’s no explicit evidence to warrant such a rating.

At best, if the Fantasia statement is canon, then the setting would be 2-A as a whole but as I said, it shouldn’t matter to the main series’ Great Red imo. What should matter is the entire cosmology for a single Draconic Deus, as that’s the best evidence for what Great Red can be argued to maintain.

Based on the responses, it seems 3-A/Low 2-C/2-C cosmology is safer*. The thread right now is a clusterfuck with people bringing up evidence from questionable canon sources, making the thread confusing to follow. My suggestion is, if you guys still feel strongly about the Fantasia thing, actually watch or play it and gather evidence to make a new revamped thread. But in my opinion, the full extent of those infinite worlds shouldn’t apply to anybody.

*I say safer because it seems infinitely above Low 2-C structures doesn’t seem to qualify as 2-A.

The person strong enough to kill Great Red would gain control over the Dimensional Gap, as stated in volume 6.

Regalzeva would have a reason since he’s a battle maniac and interested in dragons like Ophis. His subordinates brought up data on dragons for him to face. It’s not like they really want to blow the whole place up.

About the timelines, no such thing has been mentioned about the other Ophis or Great Red versions, so that’s the issue here. There’s no explicit evidence to warrant such a rating.

At best, if the Fantasia statement is canon, then the setting would be 2-A as a whole but as I said, it shouldn’t matter to the main series’ Great Red imo. What should matter is the entire cosmology for a single Draconic Deus, as that’s the best evidence for what Great Red can be argued to maintain.

Based on the responses, it seems 3-A/Low 2-C/2-C cosmology is safer*. The thread right now is a clusterfuck with people bringing up evidence from questionable canon sources, making the thread confusing to follow. My suggestion is, if you guys still feel strongly about the Fantasia thing, actually watch or play it and gather evidence to make a new revamped thread. But in my opinion, the full extent of those infinite worlds shouldn’t apply to anybody.

*I say safer because it seems infinitely above Low 2-C structures doesn’t seem to qualify as 2-A.
Correct

I mean, the UL were kinda actively trying to in EX.

Why would it need to be mentioned, we know Great Red/Ophis maintained the dimensional gap in the main timeline as well as the future, why wouldn't the same apply to every other timeline?

It is canon, honestly, I'd be fine with just granting LN Great Red a 2-C Rating. The point of the Cosmology thread wasn't just to give Great Red a higher rating but more to better gauge the cosmology size as a whole.

3A to 2-C is a VERY large gap, I disagree. Re:Build's canonicity is only questionable for people who know nothing about it. I agree, just for the Dimensional Gap. And I already did a mini revamp for my blog which is all that's really necessary, creating a new thread would drag the whole situation out much longer than it needs to.

Sure but the additional evidence coupled with that makes 2-A more accurate.

Correct

I mean, the UL were kinda actively trying to in EX.
Different situations. From what we know currently, they don’t want to destroy everything and Regalzeva is looking for a fight.

Haz Ilyus also said they need to preserve the Earth for Melvazoa’s arrival. We really don’t know why they wipe out worlds yet.
Why would it need to be mentioned, we know Great Red/Ophis maintained the dimensional gap in the main timeline as well as the future, why wouldn't the same apply to every other timeline?
Because we don’t have explicit evidence of that. It’s made worse that the characters don’t know much about parallel worlds until 30 years in the future, and all statements about the DG/mythologies being affected by Great Red only apply to the main series Draconic Deus. For something so huge, it shouldn’t be given based on an assumption without explicit basis.

Now for example, we at least know Great Red stabilizes the Dimensional Gap for a single Draconic Deus. There’s no need for assumptions regarding that.

As far as the parallel worlds go, it requires some logic leaps and generous assumptions imo.
It is canon, honestly, I'd be fine with just granting LN Great Red a 2-C Rating. The point of the Cosmology thread wasn't just to give Great Red a higher rating but more to better gauge the cosmology size as a whole.
3A to 2-C is a VERY large gap, I disagree. Re:Build's canonicity is only questionable for people who know nothing about it. I agree, just for the Dimensional Gap. And I already did a mini revamp for my blog which is all that's really necessary, creating a new thread would drag the whole situation out much longer than it needs to.

Sure but the additional evidence coupled with that makes 2-A more accurate.
Well sure, but the issue is that it was suddenly brought up in the middle of the thread and some people are talking about the tier 1 cosmology.

It makes the thread harder for staff to track. I mean, I can see the cosmology as a whole being at least 2-B or something based on the branching parallel worlds mentioned, or higher if Rebuild is canon.

But yeah, the Dimensional Gap for one Draconic Deus could be 4-A minimum to Low 2-C or 2-C based on your blog. We can discuss other things in the meantime.

Edit: I mentioned 3-A cause I was trying to cover all bases I remember from skimming the thread.

It makes the thread harder for staff to track. I mean, I can see the cosmology as a whole being at least 2-B or something based on the branching parallel worlds mentioned, or higher if Rebuild is canon.

But yeah, the Dimensional Gap for one Draconic Deus could be 4-A minimum to Low 2-C or 2-C based on your blog. We can discuss other things in the meantime.

Edit: I mentioned 3-A cause I was trying to cover all bases I remember from skimming the thread.
I'm fine with everything else but why 4-A for a minimum? Are you implying DxD is 4-A? Even at its lowest possible interpretation, it's Low 2-C.

Also, I don't exactly see how the DG can be above Time but at the same time restricted to a Timeline. Could you explain?

They need to hurry up and get with the anime program. There’s so much content that can get animated especially me knowing that there are beings greater then Great Red

I'm fine with everything else but why 4-A for a minimum? Are you implying DxD is 4-A? Even at its lowest possible interpretation, it's Low 2-C.

Also, I don't exactly see how the DG can be above Time but at the same time restricted to a Timeline. Could you explain?
I’m going by the blog, which mentions 4-A minimum to Low 2-C iirc.

I am not particularly informed about this aspect of the revision/tiering system.

They need to hurry up and get with the anime program. There’s so much content that can get animated especially me knowing that there are beings greater then Great Red
The anime is never going to reach this part. It would need like 10 or more seasons for a proper adaptation.

Last edited:
I guess this adds up with the heat and cold resistance stated in one of the extra life chapters.
I only see the mention of flames, ice, and lightning though but I can still just put "resistance to elemental manip" and just say something along the lines of "dragons are stated to be resistant to attacks of all attributes, including elemental types such as flames, ice, and lightning". This way, it could use what's only mentioned but have the potential it can mean pretty much everything DxD has to use for attacks that Dragons can be resistant to.
The anime is never going to reach this part. It would need like 10 or more seasons for a proper adaptation.
Yea and there hasn’t been much progress with the main series recently with the author’s health issues. The situation just sucks generally, aside from the Junior High School DxD spin-off.
Sadly, this is true.

The anime has only adapted up to the 10th volume, ending on the rating game against Sairaorg and his team. And that season aired back in 2018.

The thing of getting to the part where we meet people superior to Great Red is WAY beyond that in like Shin 4. Seeing that the anime has only been adapting the main novel series (although I kinda somewhat remember some of Vol 8 or smth was adapted but I can't remember if that's like some blu-ray bonus stuff?), and if I'm getting this right, each season the anime did was about 2 volumes each: 1st was V1-2, 2nd was V3-4, 3rd was a goddamn mess but still in its own way did V5-7, and 4th (latest) V9-10.

For us to reach the one with >GR people would definitely need 10+ more seasons for sure, but idk what it takes to really make more seasons of it. Maybe it's involved with the purchases and sales of the series, especially the ENG/localized translation? Maybe if there's a particularly high demand for it? IDK. But we definitely know Ishibumi is still sick in a bad way and if the anime not being continued may also have something to do with not being able to supervise that, then there's nothing we can do.

It sucks too since I surely would have loved to see more of the gang again on the screen in HERO's animation style that's supposed to match or be similar to the LN's art? Plus if anything, we could have had scenes of chars who we don't have art for also appear again in S5 which, if the way the past seasons went, will most likely cover V11-12.

But yeah, it's just sad it hasn't continued since...

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Perhaps.

And probably be at that. If the anime were to continue to more parts, it'd take us more years to get to Rizevim and Trihexa, let alone the Evies.

With how Ishibumi is even for his age and health right now plus how long animation tends to take to be made, I can't really imagine we'll get far with this unless he miraculously gets better all of a sudden...

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Perhaps.

And probably be at that. If the anime were to continue to more parts, it'd take us more years to get to Rizevim and Trihexa, let alone the Evies.

With how Ishibumi is even for his age and health right now plus how long animation tends to take to be made, I can't really imagine we'll get far with this unless he miraculously gets better all of a sudden...
I would have loved to see Trihexa animated. I have no idea why Miyama didn’t illustrate it. I feel we’ve been getting cheated on many potentially interesting illustrations tbh.

With how Trihexa is described to look, maybe that was for the best that it wouldn't be drawn lol.

Still, an illustration of them would have been nice.

Ah shit I forgot he’s not feeling well. Hope he feels better though
Yeah, Ishibumi is still sick even now as he explained in Junior's Afterword.

Regarding my current status, due to prolonged health issues, I am still undergoing medical treatment. However, the manuscripts for [Shin High School DxD] and [Fallen Dog God -SLASHDOG-] are progressing, albeit slowly, so I’d appreciate your patience.
…It doesn’t mean I’m out of material for the story, so at least you really don’t have to worry about that part . I properly discuss future plans with my editor.
Regarding how [Junior High School DxD] will develop from here, I’ll strive to meet readers’ expectations, both as the author of the original idea and as a supervisor.

Well, how will Zekka’s adventure in the world of DxD unfold?

As one of the readers, I am also eagerly anticipating it. --J HS DxD Afterword

I’m going by the blog, which mentions 4-A minimum to Low 2-C iirc.

I am not particularly informed about this aspect of the revision/tiering system.

That part was specifically for Hell and the Heavens, the Human Realm is undoubtedly Low 2-C which would make DxD at least Low 2-C. If the Heavens and Hell are Low 2-C, then DxD is 2-C.

At this point he should just stop trying to write two novels, just focus on DxD, or he could do the Toriyama way, give out the outline of story and let someone write it, while he observes the process

At this point he should just stop trying to write two novels, just focus on DxD, or he could do the Toriyama way, give out the outline of story and let someone write it, while he observes the process
At this point, I agree.

I haven't read much of Slash/Dog beyond the first volume and a little of Vol 2 but I do like the vibe of it being serious and even sorta lowkey on the side of stuff compared to what DxD has been escalating to from its start to now (that and seeing some of the chars we met in DxD and how they are to what becomes of them like Freed if not Tobio and Vali), but I'm very much mainly invested to the main series of DxD as it is. Even if I do have reservations of how it's been progressing and going since, such as with the ExE Gods, it would be a shame for it to just not continue just due to how Ishibumi's been feeling. The fact the guy's only like 48 (if his assumed birth date I looked up is right) and he's THIS SICK and unwell even now is just really ridiculous.

If anything, I would just put Slash/Dog on hold and continue with DxD while the other writer, Rippu, is doing their share through the spin off with Junior. Slash/Dog hasn't had a new vol since 2018, compared to Shin DxD where the last update was back in 2020 (and if we go further with other DxD content, DX was back in 22 or something right?). Hell, most comments I see of people who are waiting up on Ishibumi want Shin to continue or see another season of DxD anime so the demand for more DxD content from the man himself is right there.

Last edited:
Yeah, DxD is popular, aside from having references, notes to many famous franchises like Dragon Ball, Gundam, etc......it is also a verse with multiple mythologies in a single world, which many are fan of these myths, including me

Edit: and of course the fanservices, but ngl i'm not really into this

Yeah, DxD is popular, aside from having references, notes to many famous franchises like Dragon Ball, Gundam, etc......it is also a verse with multiple mythologies in a single world, which many are fan of these myths, including me

Edit: and of course the fanservices, but ngl i'm not really into this
Same.

I actually really liked mythological aspects of DxD as well. It's just a shame Ishi never really did enough of it before doing the Evies. If I remember right, he even had a Hindu God wars arc planned out as some final arc or something iirc the afterword he said on that.

If not that, more exploration of how DxD's world with the supernatural differing from others would have been neat, as well as funny like how the yuki-onna's are at first beautiful girls but end up as gorillas later on lol. That one took me for a loop lol.

In a way, DxD having all sorts of this stuff is why I can see it being a popular pick for doing fanfics. Unfortunately, that also comes with really weird crossovers with chars from other works which COULD work fine still...if it were done right and not for the sake of merely adding them to DxD verse...

I fear that DxD gonna lose its momentum if it continues to be in hiatus, peoples taste change overtime, i still remember discussing about Dragon Ball Super in some anime forum with people bashing about its storyline, and a guy jumped in, directly said that it isn't that DB changed, it is because we grew up and have our tastes changed, thus we doesn't look at the series the same way as before. I fear DxD could suffer the same thing if this hiatus continues

Also, I'm pretty sure Devils should also get unholy manipulation.
Devil should also get weakness to holy/light manipulation

So....do we have better render for Angel??, cause ngl, i don't like that close-up face shot of Michael, look too goofy for some reasons

Lastly, should we also have God Physiology??, iirc God universally resists Evil Pieces. And Dragon Physiology??, damn, i found new way to overworking @Qliphoth_Bacikal
Not really, Michael's the omly prominently featured natural angel.

I don't think Gods need their own section, all they really share is immortality and resurrection

So....do we have better render for Angel??, cause ngl, i don't like that close-up face shot of Michael, look too goofy for some reasons, also we should remove that white background from Issei image

Lastly, should we also have God Physiology??, iirc God universally resists Evil Pieces. And Dragon Physiology??, damn, i found new way to overworking @Qliphoth_Bacikal
Do you have any better image then? Because Michael always looked goofy af anyways, not helped that compared to the other two Factions of the Bible, the Angels have the least amount of screentime so there's not much of them to use whereas I still got options for the Devils and Fallen if I want to.

Also as @MasqueTLDF said, they probably don't have a lot of shared abilities to use. Angels, Devils, and Dragons are ones I got ideas for and those are plenty enough to help for the affected profiles.

Edit: Besides, there's other images I can use for a few others like Issei. I'm just putting what already existed on the current wiki verse page atm cuz it's easier and faster for me to post a simple CRT to update it and all that when I'm ready.

Last edited:
It’s possible he’s still insisting on writing Slash Dog because it apparently won’t last for much longer than 6 volumes. I’d assume Junior won’t last up to 10 volumes too.

But eh, at least Rippu being involved in the project now means there’s potential for other interesting spin-offs in the universe. Like, I would like a protagonist born in another mythology because I think that’s the only way we could ever get expanded info on certain mythologies.

It’s possible he’s still insisting on writing Slash Dog because it apparently won’t last for much longer than 6 volumes. I’d assume Junior won’t last up to 10 volumes too.

But eh, at least Rippu being involved in the project now means there’s potential for other interesting spin-offs in the universe. Like, I would like a protagonist born in another mythology because I think that’s the only way we could ever get expanded info on certain mythologies.
Denpachi Remake :devilish: (This emoji looks so freaky on VSBW)

That part was specifically for Hell and the Heavens, the Human Realm is undoubtedly Low 2-C which would make DxD at least Low 2-C. If the Heavens and Hell are Low 2-C, then DxD is 2-C.
Yah, ok.

So now, the proposal for the overall cosmology is 2-A (if the infinite worlds from Rebuild is accepted), and the cosmology for a single Draconic Deus is 2-C? Am I getting it right?

Thread should be updated and wrapped up.

Denpachi Remake :devilish: (This emoji looks so freaky on VSBW)
Hmm yeah, but it has a dark tone, with players getting erased from existence when they die or break certain rules iirc. I also wonder if Innovate Clear set the rules for the world it created, or did Satanael use Telos Karma for that? A Portuguese translator convinced me it’s Telos Karma.

But anyway, a Denpachi remake would be awesome. Though I really don’t know if DxD’s ecchi comedy tone would fit it.

Yah, ok.

So now, the proposal for the overall cosmology is 2-A (if the infinite worlds from Rebuild is accepted), and the cosmology for a single Draconic Deus is 2-C? Am I getting it right?

Thread should be updated and wrapped up.
Correct.

I agree, if you could maybe talk to some staff to get some attention drawn to it, I'd appreciate it.

Hmm yeah, but it has a dark tone, with players getting erased from existence when they die or break certain rules iirc. I also wonder if Innovate Clear set the rules for the world it created, or did Satanael use Telos Karma for that? A Portuguese translator convinced me it’s Telos Karma.

But anyway, a Denpachi remake would be awesome. Though I really don’t know if DxD’s ecchi comedy tone would fit it.
Telos Karma most likely, Fate manipulation seems in line with creating laws and all that jazz.

Totally! SLASHDØG doesn't either and look where it's at now, pretty sure a remake is being set up a Ishibumi's mentioned wanting to do it before and SLASHDØG 3 mentions it by name.

Correct.

I agree, if you could maybe talk to some staff to get some attention drawn to it, I'd appreciate it.
Make a new post on the thread and specify that the current proposal is 2-C for Draconic Deus and 2-A for the overall cosmology. Link to the updated blog in the new post.

Ask CurrySenpai, SpaceMan, Phoenks, etc to come look at the new updated proposal or message the staff on their profiles. It’s more clearly defined now so they could look at it again. That’s probably the fastest way to get it done.

It’s best if others don’t make the thread complicated again with tier 1 stuff atp.

Telos Karma most likely, Fate manipulation seems in line with creating laws and all that jazz.

Totally! SLASHDØG doesn't either and look where it's at now, pretty sure a remake is being set up a Ishibumi's mentioned wanting to do it before and SLASHDØG 3 mentions it by name.
Yea, and it’s said Telos Karma’s balance breaker abilities are unknown. I wouldn’t be surprised if it has law manipulation as well. This stuff is looking more broken than I initially thought. Innovate Clear is interesting because it can create living things.

Hopefully. There’s also the Ouryuu spin-off Ishi mentioned, where he’s the protagonist of Beelzebut.

Yea, and it’s said Telos Karma’s balance breaker abilities are unknown. I wouldn’t be surprised if it has law manipulation as well. This stuff is looking more broken than I initially thought. Innovate Clear is interesting because it can create living things.

Hopefully. There’s also the Ouryuu spin-off Ishi mentioned, where he’s the protagonist of Beelzebut.
And the spin-off with Issei's grandkids, and the one with Millicas...

Here's the statement about the elemental attributes.

DX 7, Life 6:
Rassei avoids that too, but... That slime not only generates flames but also ice from its body! Zatouji-san fearlessly smiled.

"This Rainbow Slime possesses the seven attributes of fire, ice, wind, earth, thunder, light and darkness, making it an exceptional individual among slimes! It is also known for its resistance to these attributes! Let's show them that it can withstand even the thunderbolt of a Sprite Dragon!

What the hell! That slime has all kinds of attributes! It changes its body colours according to the attribute it will use!
Btw, should Trihexa also have Dragon Physiology since one of its bodies is a dragon?

On the subject of resistances I think Dimensional Gap is still Death Manipulation only it would be through Void Manipulation. I also think there should be some Existential Erasure in the mix for those who can survive a large amount of time within the Dimensional Gap

I also mention Dx Volume 6 Life 2, it is mentioned that dragons have resistance to elemental attributes, these being Fire, Lightning, Air, Earth, Ice, Light and Darkness.
Yeah, these are the attributes.

I'm fine with either resistance to death manipulation or void manipulation resistance. Worth noting that the Dimensional Gap can kill souls too, since Issei's soul would have died there without the Boosted Gear protection.

Perhaps. I remember reading on some post in Reddit that some speculate that it wouldn't go no more than 6 volumes. That or 8, but that seems a bit much either or and with S/D still being at 3 volumes in...

Junior going for 10 wouldn't be bad. Definitely okay enough to go for in being able to flesh out the Junior cast and even explore things that aren't said in the main series as Ishi even put it. Ishi himself did that with DX and technically EX given they happen in between the main story events but are not said or referenced much if at all in the main story for one reason or another.

As @MasqueTLDF put it, it could still work just fine even without the ecchi comedy tone DxD is known for. Granted, Slash/Dog kinda still does that and all but is treated more seriously even then compared to DxD.

Maybe it might not appeal as much compared to them, but I'd be down to see Ishibumi try his hand with that. Plus as said, a Denpachi remake would be cool since the game itself is namedropped in one of the post Vol 3 chapters, and it would certainly help to explain just who and what the Mitsuya Kenzaki of DxD world is compared to Ishibumi's original depiction of him from his initial work. Even more is how Tobio seems to know about him, and the Momiji/Telos Karma chapter did mention about how it comes around to S/D, DxD, and CrossxKiss coming together in the main series...but most of all, I would love to have an actual art of Mitsuya to come onto play.
Here's the statement about the elemental attributes.

DX 7, Life 6:

Btw, should Trihexa also have Dragon Physiology since one of its bodies is a dragon?
There it is.

And they should if they're said to be a mixture of a bunch of creatures including being called like a dragon or rather have a body that is one.

Back