• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Discussion Thread 5: Shin and Slashdog Included

Talking about True Longinus, it feels like Cao Cao can't put its raw power to good use because of his focus on technique.

I wonder how strong Vasco would be if he had True Longinus, lol.

What I'm the most interested in right now is Cao Cao's new treasure. I wonder what it could be.

More than Strada with the True Longinus, what if he had Star Buster Star Blaster? Brute force squared.

Well I drop DxD series after read Shin 4 as I'm tired of author ruin his own power balance and ruin character development.

>I want Hades and Angra have plenty of strong abilities and good final battle. Ishi: Hell no, aura blasts and elemental magic is enough for you. Also final battle would be only 20 pages long.

>We have Super Devil that trash Mahabali who could spam infinity blaster class attack confirmed by Draig as "hard to deal even for me" and we have plenty of very powerfull characters on MC side. Maybe he will fight Crom, Draig and Albion after they deal with weak fakes? Ishi: Hell no, he will fight with Sairaog in BtB with punch power of Crimson Blaster and been stated in Shin as just above Satan class and somewhat lame fightning style of Bal downgrade his stats to a bit stronger than Gressil level.

Hell no Ishi I'm tired of that lame thing. I don't want to see as Diehauser made true infinity worthless in Shin 5.

Demonicjester01 said:
Vietthai96 said:
and because you and that Demonicjester01 guys said at first that Sirzech is superior to Tartarus which make no sense at all, that why i want to debunk that opinio
How does it "make no sense at all"? The only points you have brought up to say so are complete errors on Tartarus' feats (such as saying he matched full power AxA), and a thought that hasn't ever been stated in the novel (that Sirzechs was called HD-class by Ddraig).
If you have any other feel free to provide it, but as it is, you haven't shown even in the slightest how the thought of Sirzechs being stronger than Tartarus "make no sense at all".
Then prove how Sirzech is superior to Tartarus then

The arguments have already been mentioned; you just don't want to accept them for some reason so let's drop it for now. We've just been going in circles.

Burning Full Fingers said:
The arguments have already been mentioned; you just don't want to accept them for some reason so let's drop it for now. We've just been going in circles.
i still failed to see anything regard Sirzech is superior to Tartarus aside from some self-proclaim headcanon

Well, May issue of Dragon Magazine is out and the cover is indeed Rias and Asia (hehe). Now, I wonder about the origin of the two new sisters and what their roles are.

Any place I can read true DxD volume 3, I've read up to the trip to the 2nd trip to Kyoto where Yasaka trys to get it on with Issei [insert Lenny face]

So, since Ishibumi tweeted that he wants to write for Ravel and Akeno this year, I guess that confirms the Elmenhilde volume for next year.

Maybe Akeno gets a short story in DX 6. He did mention something about Akeno introducing Issei to Shuri at her grave.

I'm just hoping Roygun won't outshine her in the volume, since she's the one with the most knowledge of Diehauser in the team.

I mean, I wouldn't mind more development for Roygun but this is Ravel's volume and she deserves good things for all of her hard work.

Including Diehauser team name there is possibility of Sumerian Gods been in his team.

Btw new short story from DM is about two devil girls who is now next heads of Astaroth and Glasea-Labolas clan. But nothing really intresting.

The two new devil girls from the SS featured in Dragon Magazine this month.

Latia Astaroth: From Branch family of Astaroth House. She has almond eyes and long blonde hair tinged with blue at the tips. She has large body proportions similar to Rias. She is the niece of Ajuka whose mother comes from the Agares House. She is the same age as Rias. She is the next Head of the Astaroth family.

Iluka Glasya-Labolas: From Head House of Glasya-Labolas. She has silver hair and has a petite build. A young woman with a poker face who uses the first person pronoun "boku". She was Ravel's kindergarden friend. Next Head of Glasya-Labolas.

Iluka had a base overseas, but now her base is a 6 story high home with 5 basement floors in the downtown area near the station in Kuoh Town, which Azazel used for 2 weeks (The house is 2 floors bigger than the Hyoudou Residence as Issei's home only has 3 basement floors).

Latia lives in a haunted house near the same station and hired the youkai and devils who were occupying it as servants. She apologised to Asia for Diodora's actions.

They are living in Kouh Town for experience like Rias and Sona did.

@BFF If I remember correctly Zephyrdor wasn't really heir, but just a heir candidate due to the death of the one that Diodora killed.

That aside, he was probably disqualified due to his shattered confidence after losing to Sairaorg, and not being fixed up like Riser was.

Poor guy. Riser's lucky for having Ravel.

I like Latia's hair at least.

I forgot; does Meredith have a Balance Breaker? I'm just wondering how Alphecca Tyrant could be useful against ExE and the Malebranche since it can only overwrite the concept of SG users. It'd be quite broken if it worked against anyone in general.

She doesn't or at least its not been revealed in Shin 4. Also her base ability different from previous user and this SG same as Incinerate Anthem can change its wieder.

In that case, there's still a possibility that her Balance Breaker has an ability that can work on others aside from SG users.

Else, I don't really know what role Alphecca Tyrant would play in the future.

Speak for yourself. As long as I have Chichigami, I don't need anyone else.

Ishibumi added some Greek goddesses in his blog but they haven't appeared. I think the only ones introduced so far are Nyx, Hel, Artemis, the three goddesses that followed Vidar in Vol 25 and Kannon Bodhisattva?

And only Nyx and Artemis have fought seriously so far.

Who knows. Now he awaken T that he can use we just great muscle pain after use, I don't think he need Pseudo. Or I think he could change to that form now with no chant.

Someone editied Cao Cao page write that his BxB when he transfer energy to boost holy aura and atats its his Abyss side BxB. What kind of headcanon is it? It was never stated so and its still his subspecies BxB which is a Crest side.

Ishibumi said so in the DX.4 afterword, talking about the Sairaorg vs Cao Cao match:

"This is Perseus' first appearance. Well, it was only natural considering the members who left. In addition, almost all of the former Hero Faction members have re-adjusted their Balance Breakers to become Abyss Side types."

Well his setting pages which he updated recently say nothing about them and Cao Cao now still subspecies. I need to check DX.4 raws as I already find plenty of mistakes in DX.4 (ultimate god class for example) and Shin 3 which I now translate into Russian.

@Vergil

Do you also have the raws for Vali's light speed statements? I recently saw a comment that the raws don't actually say light speed, but it's more like high speed or god speed.

It's pretty important to our current stats, so we might need a revision.

Would be good to see the raws, but it seems extremely weird to me that Code-Zero (or zzhk, whoever translated at that time) would write godspeed in several instances of the same type, and yet use light speed for others if he was translating the same term.

Doesn't seem natural to me but making sure is worth.

I checked the Portuguese language version and it does say "divine speed" instead of "speed of light" for the Volume 7 instance with Fenrir. However, the instances in Volume 3, 4 and 6 still say "speed of light".

Volume 3 it's cleary say lightspeed in raws:

1351 286

µ«ïÒüúÒüƒþ┐╝ÒéÆþ¥¢Òü░ÒüƒÒüïÒüøÒÇüÒé│ÒâÁÒâôÒâÑÒâ½ÒüîÒÇîþÖ¢ÒüäÚ¥ìÒÇì——ÒéóÒâ½ÒâôÒé¬Òâ│Òü½þ½ïÒüíÕÉæÒüïÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüÅ ÒüîÒÇüÕàëÚǃÒü¿ÒüºÒééÞ¿ÇÒüêÒéïÕïòÒüìÒüºþ┐╗Õ╝äÒüòÒéîÒÇüµìëÒüêÒéëÒéîÒüÜÒü½ÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

ÕàëÚǃ - lightspeed or speed of light

would write godspeed in several instances of the same type, and yet use light speed for others

Japanese use different kanji for speed of light and godspeed. Though I more prefer translate this "god speed" less literal and use "incredible speed".

Exactly. It would be unnatural to translate the same term as two things, therefore I was calling into question the idea that the "light speed" translation was the same as the "divine/God speed" and such.

Back