• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Just an easy index to refer to with a description of each ability with scans as some sacred gears have multiple users, although thinking about it again, it is kinda unnecessary.
It seems like too much work for little return. One Piece has a page for devil fruits though, so I guess Sacred Gears can.

It’s not even linked to the OP character profiles, so a Sacred Gear page probably wouldn’t be linked as well? Anyone can do it if they want, though.

Now that I think about it, independent SGs are basically stands and they can become invisible too.

Edit: Shouldn’t the cosmology thread be closed now until someone makes the new thread?

Is this Analytical Prediction for people like Vali, Nezha and Cao Cao.
Vali, being a battle veteran and a genius among geniuses, could see through the opponent's attacks or their habits to some extent after exchanging a few blows. Still, his attacks were not able to hit the opponent. I thought it was probably beyond his perception too at that point.

...That's ridiculous, and it meant that his opponent was a transcendental being! ...The speed of Prince Nezha was monstrous, but above that, ah! How should I put it, his intuition was so sharp that he seemed to be evading as if he was foreseeing the attacks.

Rias, who was watching the game from the seat next to me, said quietly.

"Compared to Cao Cao, who reads ahead with a little bit of the opponent's action, this one is a God. He's really avoiding Vali's attacks whilst reading on a truly divine level."
Shin DxD 4, Life 0.

I wanted to post this in the cosmology thread but it was closed:

This is already getting tiring.

Every time the space is torn or cut you can see the Dimensional Gap on the other side of the crack or cut.

Removing the fabric of space reveals what lies behind: the Dimensional Gap.

The Dimensional Gap is the Background upon which worlds exist.

Its stability guarantees the stability of the Worlds

I wanted to post this in the cosmology thread but it was closed:

This is already getting tiring.

Every time the space is torn or cut you can see the Dimensional Gap on the other side of the crack or cut.

Removing the fabric of space reveals what lies behind: the Dimensional Gap.

The Dimensional Gap is the Background upon which worlds exist.

Its stability guarantees the stability of the Worlds
It seems as though someone will have to make a new structured thread to hash the details out.

Yeah, it stabilizes the worlds, so I am still confused why it matters whether the Gap contains or surrounds the worlds? What is the point of the distinction if it still maintains the worlds? Can someone explain? Not really familiar with dimensional stuffs.

It seems as though someone will have to make a new structured thread to hash the details out.

Yeah, it stabilizes the worlds, so I am still confused why it matters whether the Gap contains or surrounds the worlds? What is the point of the distinction if it still maintains the worlds? Can someone explain? Not really familiar with dimensional stuffs.
As far as i can tell, the two words essentially mean the same thing, idk

As far as i can tell, the two words essentially mean the same thing, idk
It depends on the grammar interpretation, I guess. As I said some pages ago, I feel the Dimensional Gap is very similar to the boundaries in Bleach, which also connect, surround and stabilize the realms there. This is the closest example I can think about. I’m not sure why the distinction about surround/contain matters if the Dimensional Gap stabilizes the realms all the same.

It would have been helpful if the wiki had a specific standard for cases like this, lol.

Also, I think Tobio should have limited power nullification since he can cancel supernatural abilities?

…reminds me, I never got around to making a page for Armaros, the anti magic expert.

So how do we even treat that story written by the Oda Nobuna author? About a Miyama Zero style world or something.

Like, those were parallel world versions, right?
There was a story that had also Miyama Zero drawing it too?

Well we have already talked about most abilities here. Having a hard time thinking about other abilities that could be added or removed.

Not sure about scans but I know I added many references years ago, albeit I am not sure if I covered all pages before I left. Do you need to start adding light novel screenshots if there’s already references? It wouldn’t hurt, I guess, but it’s quite an undertaking.
I don't mind grabbing scans to put in, especially since people would want to actually SEE the scan pic in question of the feat or statement, wherever it may be from, so people know it's legit and as the profile in question says it does. Ofc, having references cited also helps so this way IF in the case a viewer wants to go see it themselves.

Now I didn't do that for my physiology drafts but it's what I will do once it gets approved to be posted in the CRT I have.
Is this Analytical Prediction for people like Vali, Nezha and Cao Cao.

Shin DxD 4, Life 0.
It should.
It depends on the grammar interpretation, I guess. As I said some pages ago, I feel the Dimensional Gap is very similar to the boundaries in Bleach, which also connect, surround and stabilize the realms there. This is the closest example I can think about. I’m not sure why the distinction about surround/contain matters if the Dimensional Gap stabilizes the realms all the same.

It would have been helpful if the wiki had a specific standard for cases like this, lol.
DEFINITELY lol.

But yeah, I kinda think the same too with how I see the DG in DxD just like those boundary spaces in Bleach.

Though DG is more stated to do what it is not just for connecting and surrounding all of the DxD worlds but is even used to help stabilize them too. Not sure why it's sorta thought of otherwise from that.

There was a story that had also Miyama Zero drawing it too?
There was a short story about some Miyama Zero style world or something like that. The last short story in DX 6. The “Wall of Light” is mentioned there.
Now I didn't do that for my physiology drafts but it's what I will do once it gets approved to be posted in the CRT I have
That would be fine and appreciated. I’ll try to think for other abilities that could be added as we go on.
Though DG is more stated to do what it is not just for connecting and surrounding all of the DxD worlds but is even used to help stabilize them too. Not sure why it's sorta thought of otherwise from that.
Yes, although I think Garganta stabilizes the realms in Bleach too. Soul King stabilizes the boundaries (Garganta); without his existence, boundaries would be unable to be sustained and the worlds would start to collapse, if I’m not mistaken.

Hence why I’ve been saying since the very beginning that this is a similar case with DxD and the Dimensional Gap. Great Red stabilizes the boundary (Dimensional Gap) and without a stabilizer, the worlds would be unable to be maintained.

And a basic search will show you that Garganta and Dimensional Gap seem to be quite similar, with both having the boundless/infinite statements as well. It’s a bit interesting to notice.

There’s not much difference with the basics of these boundaries and their stabilizers. So again, I’m not quite sure what the distinction between surround and contain is important. Garganta “surrounds” the Bleach worlds and it doesn’t remove from its current rating on the wiki.

We should try to maintain internal consistency with our logic here.

Yes, although I think Garganta stabilizes the realms in Bleach too. Soul King stabilizes the boundaries (Garganta); without his existence, boundaries would be unable to be sustained and the worlds would start to collapse, if I’m not mistaken.

Hence why I’ve been saying since the very beginning that this is a similar case with DxD and the Dimensional Gap. Great Red stabilizes the boundary (Dimensional Gap) and without a stabilizer, the worlds would be unable to be maintained.

And a basic search will show you that Garganta and Dimensional Gap seem to be quite similar, with both having the boundless/infinite statements as well. It’s a bit interesting to notice.

There’s not much difference with the basics of these boundaries and their stabilizers. So again, I’m not quite sure what the distinction between surround and contain is important. Garganta “surrounds” the Bleach worlds and it doesn’t remove from its current rating on the wiki.

I agree.

We can make the Sacred Gear page similarly to this. Anyone need help with finding quotes can ask here so we can look together.

You know, the funny thing is that I literally just searched “Bleach cosmology” for ten minutes and there’s quotes likening the worlds to planets that are surrounded by Garganta, from canon novel and movie. It’s not even hard to find, two cosmology blogs on comic vine and VSB.

Although we accept the Bleach worlds as bigger since they contain stars and all. So, I don’t see why DxD’s cosmology can’t be treated similar when Heaven as a dimension has stars.

I haven’t read Bleach in a long time, not sure if I am missing context, but based on the blogs I’ve seen and our current rating of Garganta and all, I think it’s fair for DxD’s cosmology to be higher than tier 5 with Heaven at the very least.

There was a short story about some Miyama Zero style world or something like that. The last short story in DX 6. The “Wall of Light” is mentioned there.

That would be fine and appreciated. I’ll try to think for other abilities that could be added as we go on.

Ahhhhh.

Ye.

And right.

You know, the funny thing is that I literally just searched “Bleach cosmology” for ten minutes and there’s quotes likening the worlds to planets that are surrounded by Garganta, from canon novel and movie. It’s not even hard to find, two cosmology blogs on comic vine and VSB.

Although we accept the Bleach worlds as bigger since they contain stars and all. So, I don’t see why DxD’s cosmology can’t be treated similar when Heaven as a dimension has stars.

I haven’t read Bleach in a long time, not sure if I am missing context, but based on the blogs I’ve seen and our current rating of Garganta and all, I think it’s fair for DxD’s cosmology to be higher than tier 5 with Heaven at the very least.
Funnily enough, I have been working on a Bleach novel TL too and I remember it had a mention about the Garganta connecting and even surrounding the major Bleach verse worlds in the same manner of sorts like the Dimensional Gap.

That said, the cosmology page should definitely have references also just so all of the relevant information can found and gathered.

That said, the cosmology page should definitely have references also just so all of the relevant information can found and gathered.
Yes, although I think it was said the @MasqueTLDF blog uses outdated formatting or something like that. So I’m not sure how we’d proceed.
Funnily enough, I have been working on a Bleach novel TL too and I remember it had a mention about the Garganta connecting and even surrounding the major Bleach verse worlds in the same manner of sorts like the Dimensional Gap.
Right, so if you’ve even confirmed from the raws, then it’s really not an excuse against the Dimensional Gap then.

Man, it’s kind of disappointing that Hades didn’t get some special abilities befitting the king of the death gods for Greece.

Tartarus was pretty broken with the Abyss so I was expecting more from Hades and Angra Mainyu, honestly. All we got was teleportation and aura blasts, which sucks a little.

What else aside from references would I need for the format not to be outdated?
That’s what I don’t know. Maybe @Qliphoth_Bacikal knows a cosmology blog with ‘current’ formatting that you could use.

Edit: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tensura_Cosmology_Page_(Light_Novel)

I saw this from a google search. And this page has a gap world between the worlds (subspace) rated as tier 2 as well, so maybe more proof that it shouldn’t matter for the dimensional gap?

Last edited:
Actually, aside from that, just search cosmology on the fandom and there’s appropriate results.

Along with the Tensura page, this should be fine. All that’s needed is to copy the formatting and go on like that.

So basically, we could include the terminology for stuff like demonic power, magic or Sacred Gears in a separate section if that’s possible too.

Yes, although I think it was said the @MasqueTLDF blog uses outdated formatting or something like that. So I’m not sure how we’d proceed.

Right, so if you’ve even confirmed from the raws, then it’s really not an excuse against the Dimensional Gap then.
If only we had the OG for DxD to check what that's about on there too lol.

I like DxD, but I'm not THAT into it to go and buy DxD novels. Not to mention I'm really on a budget and would rather not have to deal with having "debatable content books" in my house where my family still lives with me xD

That’s what I don’t know. Maybe @Qliphoth_Bacikal knows a cosmology blog with ‘current’ formatting that you could use.

Edit: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Tensura_Cosmology_Page_(Light_Novel)

I saw this from a google search. And this page has a gap world between the worlds (subspace) rated as tier 2 as well, so maybe more proof that it shouldn’t matter for the dimensional gap?
I mean I literally showed Masque a bunch of cosmology verse pages a short while back like with Tensura and the like.

IDK if they even went through those in that time, but I would have done something similar like them if I had to make a cosmology page for DxD.

Also if Masque is to do that, they really should actually put the volume and chapter number just so it's even more easier to cite their scans if they still plan on using them that way. Scans are still okay, but as one person here have said and so have I, they make it easy for people to find them in case they actually want to look into that themselves and know where is where.

If only we had the OG for DxD to check what that's about on there too lol.

I like DxD, but I'm not THAT into it to go and buy DxD novels. Not to mention I'm really on a budget and would rather not have to deal with having "debatable content books" in my house where my family still lives with me xD

I mean I literally showed Masque a bunch of cosmology verse pages a short while back like with Tensura and the like.

IDK if they even went through those in that time, but I would have done something similar like them if I had to make a cosmology page for DxD.

Also if Masque is to do that, they really should actually put the volume and chapter number just so it's even more easier to cite their scans if they still plan on using them that way. Scans are still okay, but as one person here have said and so have I, they make it easy for people to find them in case they actually want to look into that themselves and know where is where.
Hmm, I think the combination of fan translation and official translation could be enough. I believe the anime says similar things with the novels as well.

Yeah, scans and references with volume and chapter numbers should be okay. That’s pretty much the standard for the other cosmology pages.

We can also try to add and verify quotes/scans here as @MasqueTLDF updates.

Just thought I'd put this out there, I have raws for V 1-25 and DX 1-6. Official TLs V1-13

And I was kinda just too lazy to do the extra work before but I'm fine with it now.
That’s nice.

So I think we should exclude the timelines from the Dimensional Gap section. Just leave it as a separate section on its own.

The least for the Dimensional Gap seems to be at least 4-A based on Heaven having stars and maybe also Hell in the anime, possibly higher (3-A to Low 2-C?) depending on how the “endless” Second/Third Heaven statements are treated, and also the “infinitely wide” Hyoudou Residence room. Personally, as I said in the other pages. I’m not so big on those statements in general but it’s canon so it depends on how staff evaluates them.

But I don’t see much issue with 4-A cosmology at the very least. Should be the minimum.

Edit: Forgot about the Dimensional Gap being boundless as well.

Like this basically right?
What do you think, @Qliphoth_Bacikal?

If the format is alright, we can polish up some things after the blog is finished. For example, I’m not sure we should put down that God created the universe. Not that I think he definitely didn’t, but not sure it’s enough proof.

Of course, Innovate Clear can create worlds and living things and it’s compared to God. We also know God created the angels, so with the revelation that Innovate Clear mimics God, it’s very likely that God at least created Heaven and humans like Adam and Eve.

Also, I believe the Slash Dog 3 translation for Tobio’s BxB chant mentions God as a creator.

If the format is alright, we can polish up some things after the blog is finished. For example, I’m not sure we should put down that God created the universe. Not that I think he definitely didn’t, but not sure it’s enough proof
I’m saying this because statements like this one can potentially derail the cosmology discussion again and we definitely don’t want that a second time.

So basically, we should probably leave things like this out until the cosmology is done and approved, then it could be brought up again if it needs to.

What does this mean for Hell’s energy? It seems it can negatively influence other things. Can it give some kind of resistance?
“The evil aura is going to be distributed to the whole of Japan at once. Following that, the [Hell’s energy] will then ascend and affect all living beings. If that happens, it will surely have a bad influence on the plants, animals and humans everywhere… There are a number of important places in this country that use the available energy for ceremonies, events, barriers and inviting luck. Kuoh town is not an exception, as there are also many Ojizo-sama there.”
I guess it makes sense since it’s stated Dimension Lost can destroy civilizations by transferring them into the Netherworld.

Could you share that quote please, thanks.
Tobio’s form began to change, turning into that of a black beast.

《——O ye, perish by my blacken blade》

A jet-black dog stood beside Tobio, the pattern on the blade in its mouth gleaming all the more bewitchingly.

And then, Tobio uttered the final verse.

《——O foolish, grotesque CreatorGod[6]
Hard to say what’s going on with Tobio’s BxB chant though.

The translator note says God is alternately written as Creator there. Question is whether it’s the Christian God or referring to something else.

Hard to say what’s going on with Tobio’s BxB chant though.

The translator note says God is alternately written as Creator there. Question is whether it’s the Christian God or referring to something else.
Given that there's only one God referred to as "Creator", other Longinus like the Holy Spear, Boosted Gear, and Divine Dividing have God referenced in their chants, and Christianity is heavily referenced in SD 3, it's most likely referring to the God

Given that there's only one God referred to as "Creator", other Longinus like the Holy Spear, Boosted Gear, and Divine Dividing have God referenced in their chants, and Christianity is heavily referenced in SD 3, it's most likely referring to the God
Quite possibly, yeah. I suppose it can be filed under the possible reasons God can be seen as the creator of whatever. I think it’s at least fine to say he created Heaven.

But anyway, all this should be after cosmology is done.

What does this mean for Hell’s energy? It seems it can negatively influence other things. Can it give some kind of resistance?

I guess it makes sense since it’s stated Dimension Lost can destroy civilizations by transferring them into the Netherworld.
Still, if the statement do not give what effect the energy can cause, and just vaguely saying it can affect thing in negative way and destroy civilization then we can't give any hax and resistance, probably can extrapolate this to Unholy Manipulation, but that is
Quite possibly, yeah. I suppose it can be filed under the possible reasons God can be seen as the creator of whatever. I think it’s at least fine to say he created Heaven.

But anyway, all this should be after cosmology is done.
I mean, he created his mythology system, like Sacred Gear System, Angels so called him a creator is not wrong, it is a broad word, but i will refrain from saying him created everything in the verse cause nothing say it and it cause contradiction with the narration

Back