• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread

Burning Full Fingers said:
Even Gasper Balor > Malebolge Vritra Promotion. Lol.
Okay.
Vritra's flame forced Walburga to use her Balance Breaker. And her SG was a Longinus and not to mention it was one of the Holy Relic (the Holy Cross), and thus a somewhat higher rank. Malebolge Vritra Promotion is a Longinus tier without being one itself :^)

Did you see those spoilers for Volume 25? Chichigami told Issei to gather the twelve heavenly breasts.
I wonder if Ishibumi was drunk when he wrote that...
I think he alway drunk while writing this series kek.

@Glasses

I'll concede that Malebolge Vritra Promotion has better feats...for now. Gasper still has the hype.

From the man himself, Hyoudou Issei, after Gasper's true form emerges:

There can't possibly be anyone who can stop him here—.

Issei was afraid of Gasper's true form. :)

... ...What the heck is this. ……Gasper, are you doing this……? Can you even create terrifying things like this as well……?

So this is Gasper's true power and also his true form—.

I can't keep myself from shaking, but the monsters of darkness increase and corner the Vampires as they cover this field.

Vali of all people hyped Gasper Balor more than his rival. Granted, this was before DxD.

Rias Gremory, you will most likely have restrictions on using your servants in the near future. And I'm not talking about Hyoudou Issei but that. —Gasper Vladi is even more of a dangerous existence than Hyoudou Issei.

Gasper will become a monster soon enough. :)

I believe he became a Super Devil in DxD Ex.

Ye but by the time Gasper achieve that kind of powerlevel, everyone would've still grown stronger as well anyway. So the term "monster" might not be that impressive relatively speaking :v

Watch as he grows into the devil with most diverse skillset in the underworld while still having a relatively high powerlevel that hes Longinus-is-a-god-killing-stuff tier without actually being one himself

Technically, Gasper's Sacred Gear hadn't evolved into a Longinus (Ishibumi doesn't know the true value of time stop) when he fought against Walburga and frightened Issei.

Plus people without Sacred Gears at all can also face off against Longinus wielders.

Dunno why you brought Gasper's Balor hadn't turn into a Longinus in by that time.

That just mean anybody who did that have a high potential just like how Longinus possessor generally have high potential dude. Like, you can get very creative with a skillset of someone like Saji. It won't be that surpsrising if sometime in the future he can Delete Field himself to the point he became a walking anti-hax while having a black cursed flame that's even superior to Samael's curse/poison on a dragon (with the main difference being Saji's black flame's effectivity isn't limited to dragons) :v

Delete Field is probably gonna be useless against stronger opponents though. That's how Ishibumi normally nerfs hax.

But yeah, his cursed flames are really good. That's my favorite aspect of his abilities.

Watch as Ishibumi breaks the meta with Saji (or Kanzaki. But Kanzaki is kinda already somewhat meta breaking so lol). BY MAKING HIS ANTI-HAX DISREGARD POWER DISPARITY

Catskully

We'll see.
Unfortunately, Ishibumi likes hype, but no action. :(

All we need to do is wait for Sairaorg to master his balance breaker and then we can upgrade them :/

Yeah, it's probably going to be Kanzaki. Although Tobio and the Grim Reapers' soul hax normally ignore the power difference.

I really like Canis Lykaon too.

It's been awhile since I visited DxD page here but is that Regulus Nemea statement hype still around? Because I took a look at the original raw text of it and the statement doesn't even hype it to planetary. Maybe that's due to miscapitalizing the word Earth in the TL.

If you guys want me to explain it, give it a call. I can post the raw scan as well

Want me to post it as a blog or just make a post here? It might be a very long explanation

Also, I'll need to include how the statement was said from Hero as part of what the context is also trying to imply. I know that Hero is not a primary canon but in terms of statement, it seems accurate to what's supposed to be intended

Question why hasnt base yuuto Kiba been upgraded to at least subsonic? Just curious since he's stated to disapper from issei's eyesight.

Err, well that happens even for higher transformations so I just decided to leave it like that. And it makes things less complicated too.

Okay, time to explain the hyped planet level statement

First, here is the raw scan of volume 10 where it was stated by Azazel that Regulus Nemea can split the Earth in one swing when mastered. I provided two scans: One is a clean raw scan and the other one is me putting a box around the statement regarding Regulus Nemea.

Pic309

Pic1

Red Box is the entire statement from Azazel regarding Regulus Nemea

Blue Box is the "If you master it, you can split the Earth in a single swing" part of the quote

Green Box is the Kanji used for earth

Original Text:
『……ÒééÒü¿ÒééÒü¿Òü»Òé«Òâ¬ÒéÀÒâúþÑ×Þ®▒Òü½Õç║ÒüªÒüÅÒéïÕàâþÑûÒâÿÒâ®Òé»Òâ¼Òé╣Òü«Þ®ªþÀ┤Òü«þø©µëïÒü¬ÒéôÒüáÒüî…….Þüûµø©Òü½Þ¿ÿÒüòÒéîÒüùþÑ×ÒüîÒüéÒü«þìàÕ¡ÉÒü«õ©ÇÕî╣ÒéÆþÑ× ÕÖ¿Òü½Õ░üÒüÿÒüƒ.ÒüØÒüäÒüñÒü»Õìüõ©ëÒüéÒéïÒÇîþÑ×µ©øÕàÀÒÇìÒü½ÕÉìÒéÆÚÇúÒü¡ÒéïÒü╗Òü®Òü«ÒééÒü«Òü½Òü¬ÒüúÒüƒÒÇéµÑÁÒéüÒéîÒü░õ©Çµî»ÒéèÒüºÕñºÕ£░ÒéÆÕë▓ÒéïÒü╗Òü®Òü«Õ¿üÕèøÒéƵö¥ÒüíÒÇüÕÀ¿ÕñºÒü¬þìàÕ¡ÉÒü½ÒééÕñëÕîûÒüºÒüìÒéïÒâ╝ÒÇîþìàÕ¡ÉþÄïÒü«µêªµûºÒÇì! µòÁÒü«µö¥ÒüúÒüƒÚúøÒü│ÚüôÕàÀÒüïÒéëµëǵ£ëÞÇàÒéÆÕ«êÒéïÕèøþ½£µîüÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒüƒ.ÒüùÒüïÒüùÒÇüµëǵ£ëÞÇàÒüîÒüôÒüöµò░Õ╣┤ÒÇüÞíîµû╣õ©ìµÿÄÒü½Òü¬ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü¿Õá▒ÕæèÒéÆÕÅùÒüÆÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒüîÒÇüÒü¥ÒüòÒüïÒÇüÒâÉÒéóÒâ½þ£ÀÕ▒×Òü«ÒÇîÕàÁÕú½ÒÇìÒü½ÒüƒÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü¿Òü»……!』

FanTL:

[……It was originally the opponent who the original Hercules faced in one of his twelve labours……. The God from the Bible captured one of them and sealed it inside the Sacred Gear. It became something that was listed as one of the thirteen Longinus. If you master it, you can split the Earth in a single swing, and it can also transform into a huge lion. The "Regulus Nemea"! I remember it also had an ability to protect the possessor from projectile weapons. But I received the information that the possessor has been missing for the past several years. I never thought it would have become the "Pawn" of Bael Team……]

Note on the original raw text that the bolded is the original text for the "If you master it, you can split the Earth in a single swing."

Now let's take a look at the kanji that indicated the supposed "Earth": ÕñºÕ£░

ÕñºÕ£░ (hiragana is ÒüáÒüäÒüí) could mean ground, earth, solid ground, and vast land.

The kanji for the earth if referring to planet Earth would be Õ£░þÉâ (hiragana would be ÒüíÒüìÒéàÒüå)

Also, here's the video on how to say the name of the planets in japanese

Given the kanji used for earth in the original text, the Earth in the fanTL could be a mistranslation. What's the cause of this? While "split the earth in a single swing" could be a right translation, capitalizing the word "earth" to "Earth" gives a different meaning, which may have resulted in a mistranslation. Smaller case version may refer to ground rather than the planet instead as opposed to capitalized version, which can refer to the planet.

So what Azazel meant by earth here may mean vast land, solid ground, or very earth.

Now into the statement in Hero sub:

Vzvdzv

Note that while DxD Hero may not be the primary canon of the series, Ishibumi is the writer for this season's adaptation.

To the video itself at around 11:37-11:40 of the video, listen closely to Azazel's statement. Notice how he did not say chikyuu (Õ£░þÉâ (hiragana would be ÒüíÒüìÒéàÒüå)) but instead he says daichi (ÕñºÕ£░ (hiragana is ÒüáÒüäÒüí)) instead. Given how the original text and what's said in the japanese for the adaptation aligned, Azazel may not meant planet Earth to begin with when he said earth.

What made me look into this?

Even for just the hype statements alone, notice how Azazel's statement seems to be an outlier given the current fanTL compared to other hype statements. let's look at them.

Kokabiel is stated that he can destroy a region (Volume 3 Life 4)

"This is to keep it to the minimum. To tell you the truth, if Kokabiel were to fight seriously, not only this academy, but the whole region would be annihilated. Adding to that, he has already gotten ready for that. My servant has seen him releasing his power at the school grounds."

Serafall is stated that she can destroy Japan (Volume 4 Life 2)

"Onee-sama, Please be prudent. If my onee-sama, the Maou glitters, then this small country would be destroyed many times over."

Dimension Lost is stated that it can transfer an entire country and its people into the dimensional gap to be destroyed (Volume 9 Life 3)

"Annihilation Maker is the same. It can create countless demonic beasts. For example, those massive fire breathing monsters over 100m tall you see in movies can be recreated by sheer will. The ability to create monsters from imagination. Isn't that a disaster? This ability, depending on the user's capability, can create on the scale of hundreds or even thousands. Like Dimension Lost, this is one of the worst bugs in the Sacred Gear system. Dimension Lost is also extremely dangerous depending on the user. Once the mist reaches the scale of countries, it can transfer an entire country and its people into the dimensional gap to be destroyed."

Absolute Demise is stated that it could lock an entire small country within a crystal of ice (Volume 21 Life Lucifer)

—[Absolute Demise], one of the Longinus. It was also an independent avatar type. Once activated, the Ice Princess would appear at the wielder's side. The Princess would obey the commands of its wielder, and freeze anything. As long as Lavinia wanted to, it could instantly turn the entire area into a frozen world. At its maximum range, it could lock an entire small country within a crystal of ice.

Azi Dahaka is stated that he can destroy all of Europe (Volume 21 Life Lucifer)

It was certain that he was manipulating Trihexa alongside Apophis, but Aŝi Dahāka by himself certainly had the strength to destroy all of Europe.

Now look how many country level statements there is while there's a small continent level statement for a Heavenly Dragon Class being. Given the hype statements, misTLed Azazel's statement seems off compared to these hype statements but if the word "earth" was properly translated, Azazel's statement would be consistent to the hype statements above.

And country level would seem more consistent if we consider using the values of how powerful Issei's unboosted Dragon Shot is when using vaporization value or multiplying the value that's calculated when using pulverization value by using the consistent 12-14 Boost (not saying that we should use the multiplier and make another CR but I'm making a point that country level seems more possible than planet level at the moment)

In Conclusion

Planet level hype wasn't even there originally given what Azazel mean by earth could be vague.

ÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïFor other hype statements especially country level statements, I would try to look into it someday given the statement on Kokabiel but I gotta look for raw scans. If I get the chance to confirm the country level hype statements, I might need to compile them into a blog when it happens and I get the chance to do so.

@Krudelu

There are other way to say "land" or "ground" (mostly using Õ£░)

And the kanji ÕñºÕ£░ is composed of two kanjis

Õñº which is "big" "large" "vaste"

Õ£░ that is "earth", "land", ground"

That's why the Earth translation is actually accurate since using Õ£░ in conjunction with Õñº is another way of refering to the planet earth

Well that's my opinion

What exactly is "large land" or "vast land"?

A region, island, country, a giant landmass, or a continent can be considered as "vast land"

ÕñºÕ£░ is a bit more vague. And given the other hype statements, it makes more sense to treat it that it has a vague meaning rather than planet Earth specifically.

Õ£░þÉâ would made more sense if refering to planet Earth specifically given that the kanji þÉâ that's included means "ball" or "sphere." I provided 2 links in my post that this two kanji together means planet Earth rather than just a sphere made from ground or something.

@Burning Full Fingers

Haven't got my hand on volume 11 raw scans yet.

What's the issue with Nothung again? (Asking since i have the raws for Volume 11)

ÕñºÕ£░ mainly refers to the ground / Earth as in you know the element

惑星= Refers to planets

Õ£░þÉâ = is what refers to the planet Earth.

I don't think that's a planet buster statement.

Nah, it's not a mistranslation as Earth has two meanings even in the English language, the name of the planet and what the substance of landmasses or the ground even. Like how you have fire, water air and earth.

ALRF said:
What's the issue with Nothung again? (Asking since i have the raws for Volume 11)
Kiba is listed as being able to cut through space with nothung But the only thing we can see is it cutting the atmosphere

When I mentioned ÕñºÕ£░ having vague meaning earlier, I'm referring in terms of the scale.

@Yamatoryujin

Õ£░ alone is what implies the element. Adding Õñº next to Õ£░ changes the context given how Õñº (meaning "large" or "big") indicates the size.

As for "Earth" in english language, capitalization is what implies whether it's refering to the planet or the ground or element albeit with some exceptions. "Earth" (capitalized) is what implies the planet while "earth" (small letter case) is what implies the ground or element. Also, gramma-wise, the proper noun version doesn't have "the" in front of it.

As I said earlier, "split the earth" (the words that are included) phrase is right but the capitalization of "earth" is what caused the misTL.

So "split the earth" would make more sense over "split the Earth" since while ÕñºÕ£░ can also mean "vast land," it's not being exact in terms of the scale. Also, it's more consistent to other hype statement than ending up being an outlier.

But yeah, it's not really a planet buster statement given how Azazel is being vague here in terms of the scale.

Just to list down again why it's originally not a planet level hype:

1. ÕñºÕ£░ doesn't indicate the exact scale

2. There's a word to indicate planet Earth specifically in Japanese already: Õ£░þÉâ

3. It doesn't contradict with other hype statements. Treating ÕñºÕ£░ being referred to the planet makes it seem like an outlier compared to other country level statements and a small continent level statement for a Heavenly Dragon Class character.

Back