• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Handling Dragon Ball Super's Cosmology and Zen'o

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Okay so I see this becoming an issue in the future as we are getting multiple opinions on the 12 universe of Dragon Ball and how their space-time works. So here I'd like us to all come to one conclusion so that this will not be a problem in the future. This will also effect Zeno and Zamasu. We should also discuss Zeno's feats as well.

Note: THIS IS STAFF ONLY

That way things won't get out of hand.

Zamasu became one with at least a single timeline as was able to somewhat spread his presence into the past. He's fine remaining at Tier 2.

Zen'ō effortlessly one shot Zamasu and is obviously more powerful than him. I think he's fine at Tier 2. Only problem is whether we continue rate him at 2-C or just Low 2-C/At least Low 2-C.

Well, if I remember correctly, he was stated as being capable of completely destroying the existence(/space-times) of all 12 universes, and I do not think that our tiering system specifies that the universes cannot share the same space-time to qualify to 2-C. However, I am uncertain.

Well we know Zeno's feat was extremely casual as well. I don't know if that amounts to anything...

All universes share the same space-time.

Evidence:

All the universes are literally physically away from each other and you can reach them through regular flight, if you're fast enough.

Future Trunks' timeline has his own versions of Zamasu, Gowasu, Zeno, etc. All of them are characters from outside Universe 7.

After Zeno destroyed the future Multiverse, Goku and Trunks could still reach that point in time through time travel. The space-time / timeline still existed, just what was physically inside it (The universes) were wiped out.

So the DBS Multiverse is more like a huge universe.

@Ant No reasons to assume that Whis meant space-time when he said "existence". And no, pretty sure that a single space-time continuum would be Low 2-C. Same as to why an infinite sized universe wouldn't be 2-A once destroyed.

I'm good with the At least Low 2-C for being casual, those "universes" seems more like sectors of an even bigger but finite universe, they doesn't possesses they own time and share space-time with the others. That assuming that Zen'o destroyed a entire timeline.

"At least Low 2-C" seems good to me.

Well, it seems like he will get an "At least Low 2-C" rating instead then. However, we would need a good footnote explanation, or we will be bombarded with threads that constantly complain about it.

Note: "Zeno's destruction of all 12 universes is not considered to be a Multi-Universal feat due to numerous evidences that all 12 universes in Dragon Ball Super share the same larger space-time structure, as characters from one universe can reach another through simple flight, and with each timeline affecting all 12 universes rather than a single one, among numerous other examples. As such, the Dragon Ball "Multiverse" functions more like an incredibly large universe, rather than a collection of separate universes.

Due to this, we cannot treat Zeno "Destroying all of existence" as anything greater than a Low 2-C feat.

What about the pocket universes like the room of spirit and time and the place where the universal survival arc will take place? Wouldn't the ladder be a different universe since it its infinite in size?

• latter. Sorry. I just really like that word, so I had to correct it.
RoSaT is just that. A pocket universe. And not even a full sized one. The latter is the void. Not a universe at all. Many fictions separate voids from universes, and DB seems to be saying the same thing.

The void where the tourtament takes place is indeed infinite and apparently is separated by time from the mainstream one; however, nothing more has been mentioned about it, destroying it matter (it has) would be High 3-A (unlike the mainstream universe, that is finite), and the universe itself would be Low 2-C, Zen'o would need/be able to destroy the void along with the other universe to be 2-C.

I agree with Matt, in that the universes are most definitely sharing the same physical space. In fact Super Shenron's light was able to shine in 2 universes at once just by being really bright.

But with that in mind, doesn't that mean a speed upgrade would be called for seeing as how we disregarded most cross-universal feats since they were in "different space-times"?

@Xcano I'm sorry but what do you mean?

Are you saying DBS characters have feats of crossing multiple universes that we discarded due us believing them to be separated by space? If so, then yes an upgrade would be called for.

We could definitely use the OBD Cross-Universal speeds now. That would put a lot of characters at Quadrillions and Quintillions C.

@Xcano awesome. Should we use OBD's calcs are make our own then?

OBD's calcs are pretty solid. They push all the God level characters to quadrillions, and Zeno is Quintillions (Do to his attack covering all 12 universes in seconds)

@Matt can you link to OBD's calcs for us to evaluate please? Just to make sure we agree with them.

question: do obd calcs use the universe size as 93 giga-light years? if so, then the actual speed would be much higher than the result

@TLT

I don't know why you keep mentioning that with calcs like these. It doesn't actually change the result because we don't know the universe's true size.

I agree with Ever. Unless humanity discovers the true/more accurate size of the universe or DB's universes get stated to exceed 93 billion lightyears, the result is not going to change in any meaningful way. Besides adding a "likely higher" to it perhaps.

The Everlasting said:
@TLT
I don't know why you keep mentioning that with calcs like these. It doesn't actually change the result because we don't know the universe's true size.
the true size is much bigger than 93 billion light years, so if 93 billion light years was used, then the actual result would be much higher than the result we get from 93 billion light years

This gives us a solid minimum speed.

Back