• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

Zack arrived after a minute, apparently he had gotten tired of looking for information that he was not going to get.

"So, how did it go?"
(Arrived where? The group hasn't met up at a specific spot yet-)
"Okay...." he said slowly, raising an eyebrow but dropping it as he puts his phone on his pockets, turning it off.

"What's the question about me then?"
"Your phone. That little... device your always fiddling with it. Why are you always on it?" Mujin asked with a slightly tilted head.

(Arrived where? The group hasn't met up at a specific spot yet-)

"Your phone. That little... device your always fiddling with it. Why are you always on it?" Mujin asked with a slightly tilted head.
"Oh... This?" Cato pulled out his phone, revealing multiple game apps like Chess, snake, PacMan, and the sorts.

"I'm just using it to get rid of boredom or just play when there's nothing else to do..." he explained politely.

"Though please don't let that get to you that I'm getting bored of this mission of ours. Because, frankly enough, I'm very interested in it..."

Mimic eyes narrowed, as he saw the smoke appear in front of him, his body visibly tensing until he realized who it was. He relaxed ever so slightly, taking a small breath.

“...Whoever this chick is, she's keeping her goons tight-lipped. Wouldn't expect a shithole like this to have such rigid information networks...” Mimic murmured. His voice was barely audible, his eyes carefully scanning the crowd around them to catch eavesdroppers. A single glance in their direction, a twitch of an ear, anything that would hint at his words being overheard.

“...Your right...we should get with the others, We aren't getting anything done without delving deeper into this place.” He added.
"Let's go then, I can't come out of my Soul Edge form in anyone's sight." Michael whispered and the strand retreated back to where the rest of her body was

Mimic watched as the smoke disappeared, slowly breathing out. He had managed to get this far without revealing his soul edge, but he knew he'd likely need it for this mission.

“...Guess the boss did hire me for infiltration, can't imagine why else I’d be dragged along like this...” He thought. He rubbed his eyes, mentally preparing himself for a potential stealth mission as he dragged himself back to where the group first met.

"Oh... This?" Cato pulled out his phone, revealing multiple game apps like Chess, snake, PacMan, and the sorts.

"I'm just using it to get rid of boredom or just play when there's nothing else to do..." he explained politely.

"Though please don't let that get to you that I'm getting bored of this mission of ours. Because, frankly enough, I'm very interested in it..."
"Oh, no, that's not why I asked! I'm simply intrigued. I find no appeal in such entertainment, nor was I ever allowed to engage in it... So I'm simply inquiring on your infatuation with it." Mujin explained his reasoning, maintaining his smile.

"Oh, no, that's not why I asked! I'm simply intrigued. I find no appeal in such entertainment, nor was I ever allowed to engage in it... So I'm simply inquiring on your infatuation with it." Mujin explained his reasoning, maintaining his smile.
"Oh, the games are just there for fun... That's the basic gist of it..."

"Oh, the games are just there for fun... That's the basic gist of it..."
"Fun? Well, I find that to be quite delightful!" Mujin said, before turning to the side.

"We should probably rendezvous with the group, now that we've done all we can. Don't you agree?"

"No need to guess when the answer is right before your eyes!" Mujin said, before beginning to quell his presence, slipping through the crowd and back to where the group had first met up in Tokita, smiling all the while.

"No need to guess when the answer is right before your eyes!" Mujin said, before beginning to quell his presence, slipping through the crowd and back to where the group had first met up in Tokita, smiling all the while.
Cato simply followed along and remained silent.

Mujin arrived to the rendezvous point with Cato, "I'll assume we all had similar experiences trying to gather information, yes?"

Mujin arrived to the rendezvous point with Cato, "I'll assume we all had similar experiences trying to gather information, yes?"
"I'm not sure...I don't know how everybody else did. I didn't get much of anything about heroes...just all this 'Sasha' stuff."

Michael emerged from the shadows out of her soul edge state "We know who we're looking for." She said simply as Alarak came forward "We should assault her head on and get information that way." She said instantly

"I'm not sure...I don't know how everybody else did. I didn't get much of anything about heroes...just all this 'Sasha' stuff."
"As did I! Most likely somebody important, but, I'd rather find a place to stay before trying to duke it out with local gang leaders..." Mujin muttered.

After around an hour or so, Mujin was able to snag them a small place at the very edge of the town. It was small and shabby, and it only had a few rooms, so it was likely that some of them would have to sleep outside... But it was something, atleast, to crash in for the time they were in Tokita.

After around an hour or so, Mujin was able to snag them a small place at the very edge of the town. It was small and shabby, and it only had a few rooms, so it was likely that some of them would have to sleep outside... But it was something, atleast, to crash in for the time they were in Tokita.
Cato went inside and go to one of the rooms, fiddling with his phone once again.

Mujin shrugged, still smiling as brightly as ever before. He didn't really care where he slept, and actually, it seemed like he didn't sleep at all.

"I guess I'll keep watch." He whispered to himself.

"....." Mimic stared at the shabby building for a moment, before shaking his head.

"....I'll stay awake. Ain't sleeping in this hellhole..." Mimic said. He leaned against a wall, his hands burying themselves in his pockets.

Mimic's expression softened slightly, the man simply shaking his head.

"...Ain't you going to sleep inside with the others? You should get some rest while you can." He said, his tired eyes glancing at the woman.
"I don't trust this place at all, public... bunch of criminals and former villains running around... at that point I'd just prefer to sleep on the roof or not sleep at all." Michael responded, turning her head to look at Mimic

"I don't trust this place at all, public... bunch of criminals and former villains running around... at that point I'd just prefer to sleep on the roof or not sleep at all." Michael responded, turning her head to look at Mimic
Mimic slowly nodded, idly rubbing a hand across his neck.

"...I feel the same. You'd be insane to let your guard down in a place like this..." He muttered, casting a wary glance at the surrounding area.

"...Ain't like our group is exactly trustworthy either, we're all criminals in one form or another."

Mimic slowly nodded, idly rubbing a hand across his neck.

"...I feel the same. You'd be insane to let your guard down in a place like this..." He muttered, casting a wary glance at the surrounding area.

"...Ain't like our group is exactly trustworthy either, we're all criminals in one form or another."
"True..." Michael murmured before pausing

"You think we should be on the roof? Easier to see threats coming I feel." Michael said matter-of-factly

"True..." Michael murmured before pausing

"You think we should be on the roof? Easier to see threats coming I feel." Michael said matter-of-factly
Mimic cocked his head for a moment, before nodding.

"...Guess that's a good a place as any. Would definitely improve visibility." He muttered, he nodded at the woman, before glancing up towards the roof.

"...Think you can give me a lift?" He asked. He could...easily have done it with his soul edge, if so required, but still held some reservations about using it so openly within the group.

Mimic cocked his head for a moment, before nodding.

"...Guess that's a good a place as any. Would definitely improve visibility." He muttered, he nodded at the woman, before glancing up towards the roof.

"...Think you can give me a lift?" He asked. He could...easily have done it with his soul edge, if so required, but still held some reservations about using it so openly within the group.
"Of course." Michael said, wrapping one arm around Mimic's chest

"Hang on." She said, her grip wasn't perfect, but she jumped to just a story below the top of the building, and used her Soul Edge to reach the rest of the way

Back