• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

The man glanced at Cato for a moment, before simply speaking, not a hint of emotion in his following statement.

"My boss has noticed you infidels snooping around. She wants your presence." He said, "Immediately."

"Walk deep into what's likely to be enemy territory? Tell me, what kind of fool plans for their own death?" Alarak asked, while there was clear arrogance on her face, it was clear she was no fool

The man glanced at Cato for a moment, before simply speaking, not a hint of emotion in his following statement.

"My boss has noticed you infidels snooping around. She wants your presence." He said, "Immediately."
"She? Who is this "she" that you speak of?" Cato asked, placing his hand on his chin.

"You'll find out when you see her... Point is, you've been doing digging you shouldn't be doing on her turf. Reparations need to be discussed... and paid." He said.

"You'll find out when you see her... Point is, you've been doing digging you shouldn't be doing on her turf. Reparations need to be discussed... and paid." He said.
Alarak smiled "Your call, do we go with them or slaughter them." Alarak said to Mujin, though it was clear from her body language that she wanted the ladder

"My call, then...?" Mujin said, rubbing his chin in thought for a few moments.

"I don't perhaps doubt your ability to... "slaughter", but, I'm not really in the mood for a gang war. So, perhaps another day. Let's follow and see what happens." He said, smiling. "Unless you all find that disagreeable?"

"I don't perhaps doubt your ability to... "slaughter", but, I'm not really in the mood for a gang war. So, perhaps another day. Let's follow and see what happens." He said, smiling. "Unless you all find that disagreeable?"
"Fine by me...."

"Very well." Alarak said, her hopes dashed just a little

"He's insane..." Michael thought, breathing out, returning to her base state

Mimic grimaced, glaring down at Mujin and the nearby goons. He had a feeling no wouldn't really be taken for an answer. He thought for a few long moments about running away, and indeed he was about to step away to do just that, before he stopped himself, taking a breath.

"...If the going get's tough, I can always let that...wackjob distract them as I run..." Mimic thought his eyes shifting to Alarak. Her willingness to fight them made it clear that, should a fight occur, they'd likely be too busy focusing on her to notice the thin man slip into a nearby wall.

"....Right, that ought to work..." Mimic thought. He nodded to himself, cementing the plan in his mind, before hopping off the roof, landing, rather ungracefully, towards the back of the group.

"....Right, that ought to work..." Mimic thought. He nodded to himself, cementing the plan in his mind, before hopping off the roof, landing, rather ungracefully, towards the back of the group.
Antony watched as the group walked with the gang, letting out a small sigh as to express his irritation with the decision.

Following after Mimic, he jumped down and went to the back of the group per usual.

"Great." The man said, nodding before handing Mujin a slip of paper, which he glanced down at. "Here's the address. Be there within a few hours."

"Of course." Mujin said, nodding like an obedient dog. The man snickered, before scoffing and walking off with his group...

"I don't really know what you expected, since we chose the... or, well, I chose the non-violent route." Mujin said with a snicker, stuffing the paper into his pocket.

"I don't really know what you expected, since we chose the... or, well, I chose the non-violent route." Mujin said with a snicker, stuffing the paper into his pocket.
"It was a wise one, my friend... But do tell me... Do you have any semblance of familiarity with them?" Cato asked.

"Not particularly. I don't recognize any of them so they must be a new gang running the area." Mujin said with a shrug, "But I've been through this song and dance before. We just need to cooperate... maybe give up a copious sum of money, and they'll let us free. Petty gang leaders are always like that..."

"Not particularly. I don't recognize any of them so they must be a new gang running the area." Mujin said with a shrug, "But I've been through this song and dance before. We just need to cooperate... maybe give up a copious sum of money, and they'll let us free. Petty gang leaders are always like that..."
"Guess so... we do need to establish a relationship to preserve our safety...."

"...This shit is a bit too organized for a...petty gang." Mimic muttered, his eyes narrowing at the group as they moved away.

"Tight information networks, grunts that don't act outta line...whoever this Sasha chick is, she's a cut above most of the gutter trash I've worked with."

"Could be... But, we'll see when we depart, won't we? Speaking of which, when will we depart? I assume you're all... mostly well rested enough to deal with potential carnage." Mujin said.

"...Hopefully if anyone dies, the boss will give us their share..." Mimic thought, beginning to walk himself. He stuck somewhat close to Micheal, figuring the woman would be his best shot of protection if anything did go down.

It took only a few minutes for the group to get back to the main town, eyes all on them as they traveled in bulk to the destination, whispers surrounding them as the populace pondered why they were traveling so boldly in broad daylight...

It took only a few minutes for the group to get back to the main town, eyes all on them as they traveled in bulk to the destination, whispers surrounding them as the populace pondered why they were traveling so boldly in broad daylight...
Cato was empty-minded as he continued fiddling with his phone, never caring about the chitter chatter.

Back