• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

"Of course." Michael said, wrapping one arm around Mimic's chest

"Hang on." She said, her grip wasn't perfect, but she jumped to just a story below the top of the building, and used her Soul Edge to reach the rest of the way
As Michael goes up the roof, Cato was there floating as he lay in a weird looking platform, looking up the sky as he glances to his phone and continued to play his games.

(He basically used his Soul Edge to go up, and just used the platform [trapdoor] to go up)

"Of course." Michael said, wrapping one arm around Mimic's chest

"Hang on." She said, her grip wasn't perfect, but she jumped to just a story below the top of the building, and used her Soul Edge to reach the rest of the way
Mimic's body tensed in the woman's grip as she held him, the man casting a weary glance toward the ground as she carried him upward. Once they got onto the roof, he took a step back, taking a soft breath.

"...Appreciate it, Micheal." Mimic said quietly, nodding at her.

As Michael goes up the roof, Cato was there floating as he lay in a weird looking platform, looking up the sky as he glances to his phone and continued to play his games.
Mimic cast a weary glance towards Cato, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"...Guess some of the other freaks had the same idea..." Mimic muttered, his hands returning to his pocket.

Mimic's body tensed in the woman's grip as she held him, the man casting a weary glance toward the ground as she carried him upward. Once they got onto the roof, he took a step back, taking a soft breath.

"...Guess some of the other freaks had the same idea..." Mimic muttered, his hands returning to his pocket.
"No problem..." Michael said, releasing Mimic and glancing at Cato, tapping Mimic on the shoulder as she went to the exact opposite end of the roof where Cato was

"No problem..." Michael said, releasing Mimic and glancing at Cato, tapping Mimic on the shoulder as she went to the exact opposite end of the roof where Cato was
Having felt them arrive, he ignores them and simply went on to continue his game.

Last edited:
Mujin simply stayed on the ground, not going inside or to the roof. With a wave of his hand, mysteriously, a cigar and lighter would appear within his palm, as if he was a magician of sorts, a cigar which he would promptly light and place in between his soft lips.

"...Quite a bit more boring that I expected. But, oh well..." Mujin whispered to himself, before simply shrugging.

Mimic glanced over at Micheal, before moving to follow behind her, standing next to her at the edge of the roof.

"...What do you think of that dude back there?" He muttered, jabbing a finger behind him at Cato.

"I think he's an idiot who doesn't understand the danger he's in here." Michael said, sighing

"Too carefree."
Mimic glanced at the woman for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...Same here. I don't get guys like him. Being so...relaxed when we're dealing with all this shit. It's annoying." Mimic muttered.

"...The clown down there is the same way." He said, jabbing a finger down to where Mujin was.

Mujin blew a puff of smoke after taking a deep drag of his cigar, sitting on the dirt-riddled ground with his legs crossed.

"Whiskey could go well with this... Oh well." He thought to himself, glancing back and up, to where Mimic and Michael stood on the roof. His darkened eyes with a tint of red in the center lay on the two for several moments, as if he had felt Mimic mention him, before he turned away, simply shrugging.

Mimic glanced at the woman for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...Same here. I don't get guys like him. Being so...relaxed when we're dealing with all this shit. It's annoying." Mimic muttered.

"...The clown down there is the same way." He said, jabbing a finger down to where Mujin was.
"He isn't one you want to cross, nor someone I'd stay around in a normal circumstance." Michael said, her eyes narrowing

"Be careful with him, all right?"

"He isn't one you want to cross, nor someone I'd stay around in a normal circumstance." Michael said, her eyes narrowing

"Be careful with him, all right?"
‪Mimic grimaced, his pointed teeth flashing between his lips.

“...Man gives me the creeps. Thought he was just some...nutjob asshole, but...I've met enough of ‘em to know he ain't the normal brand of crazy...” He muttered.

“...You should watch out too. Never know what's going on in a brain like that.”

‪Mimic grimaced, his pointed teeth flashing between his lips.

“...Man gives me the creeps. Thought he was just some...nutjob asshole, but...I've met enough of ‘em to know he ain't the normal brand of crazy...” He muttered.

“...You should watch out too. Never know what's going on in a brain like that.”
"He's not the strongest soul edge physically, but it's his mind that's the problem. He's intelligent, more then he's giving off, I can't tell by how much, but he's probably smarter then me." Michael said, breathing out

"I'll try to lookout for you."

After a few minutes of cleaning his room, Zack came out with a completely sealed box in his hands and put it in the garbage container.

"At least that room is a thousand times better"

After a few minutes of cleaning his room, Zack came out with a completely sealed box in his hands and put it in the garbage container.

"At least that room is a thousand times better"
"You... actually spent the time to clean?" Mujin said with a chuckle, blowing out a puff of smoke.

"Yeah, I really don't care if i have to clean it, use the time however you want, on the other hand, I don't want to have a disease because of the bad state inside."

"He's not the strongest soul edge physically, but it's his mind that's the problem. He's intelligent, more then he's giving off, I can't tell by how much, but he's probably smarter then me." Michael said, breathing out

"I'll try to lookout for you."
Mimic raised an eyebrow, his tired eyes regarding Micheal for a moment.

"...Why? We ain't friends or anything." Mimic said.

"Because I'm a fool Mimic. I'm a fool who has morals." Michael said in response
Mimic said nothing for a moment, his tired eyes examining the woman for a few more moments. He was sizing her up, clearly, as if trying to calculate something in his mind. Though...what it was wasn't clear.

"You're almost as crazy as Mujin is, then." Mimic said, shaking his head.

"...But...I....do...appreciate, your help. Certainly not the worst company in this godforsaken group." Mimic muttered.

Mimic said nothing for a moment, his tired eyes examining the woman for a few more moments. He was sizing her up, clearly, as if trying to calculate something in his mind. Though...what it was wasn't clear.

"You're almost as crazy as Mujin is, then." Mimic said, shaking his head.

"...But...I....do...appreciate, your help. Certainly not the worst company in this godforsaken group." Mimic muttered.
"I'm crazier." Michael said, smiling a little at the praise "It's no problem for me"

"...Just make sure that doesn't get you killed, alright? Assuming you ain't bullshitting, I'm gonna need someone to watch my back around here..." Mimic said. He flashed the woman the smallest semblance of a smirk, his hands burying themselves in his pockets.
Michael chuckled "Don't worry, it's a bit of a pain to hit smoke with anything short of an Ether infusion, and im faster then pretty much any soul edge User I've encountered, honestly, getting you out of dodge is easy!"

Michael chuckled "Don't worry, it's a bit of a pain to hit smoke with anything short of an Ether infusion, and im faster then pretty much any soul edge User I've encountered, honestly, getting you out of dodge is easy!"
"...Fair enough, I guess." Mimic said, shrugging slightly.

"...Though, I don't know how you can use your soul edge so...freely. It ruins the element of surprise if the enemy knows what you can do." He said.

"...Fair enough, I guess." Mimic said, shrugging slightly.

"...Though, I don't know how you can use your soul edge so...freely. It ruins the element of surprise if the enemy knows what you can do." He said.
Michael shook her head "in the case of a soul edge like yours, it's best to keep secret, but for me, my Soul Edge makes up a large part of how I fight, I may be able to handle myself in a melee, and I have a weapon specifically for that purpose, but if I can't just silently assassinate the opponent, an upfront fight is all I can do safely... that is, without some... dangerous distraction." Michael said, awaiting a response

Michael shook her head "in the case of a soul edge like yours, it's best to keep secret, but for me, my Soul Edge makes up a large part of how I fight, I may be able to handle myself in a melee, and I have a weapon specifically for that purpose, but if I can't just silently assassinate the opponent, an upfront fight is all I can do safely... that is, without some... dangerous distraction." Michael said, awaiting a response
Mimic's eyes shifted towards her for a moment, the man pondering her words, before slowly nodding.

"...Makes sense. Suppose with your smoke you could do more than just stealth." Mimic muttered. He said nothing for a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"...Speaking of my soul edge...you ain't gonna tell anyone what you...found out, right? Can't have that shit getting out."

Antony leaned against the tattered walls of what could barely be called a "hotel", contemplating what exactly would await them on this mission of theirs.

After some thought, he sighed and decided to jump onto the roof and find a good spot to sleep.

Mimic's eyes shifted towards her for a moment, the man pondering her words, before slowly nodding.

"...Makes sense. Suppose with your smoke you could do more than just stealth." Mimic muttered. He said nothing for a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"...Speaking of my soul edge...you ain't gonna tell anyone what you...found out, right? Can't have that shit getting out."
"Obviously... and no, I won't tell anyone, with you the element of surprise is everything." Michael said, nodding

"Obviously... and no, I won't tell anyone, with you the element of surprise is everything." Michael said, nodding
Mimic eyes narrowed for a moment, his eyes staring at the woman at his side. Slowly...he nodded, breathing out. He didn't really have a choice but to trust her word. The only other option would have been to kill her, something that he doubted he could accomplish, nor think would be particularly beneficial to anyone involved.

"...Alright....good, good...." The man finally said, breathing out. He glanced out of the corner of his eye, watching as Anthony jumped onto the roof.

"...Looks like snow jacket's up here too..." The man muttered.

Mimic eyes narrowed for a moment, his eyes staring at the woman at his side. Slowly...he nodded, breathing out. He didn't really have a choice but to trust her word. The only other option would have been to kill her, something that he doubted he could accomplish, nor think would be particularly beneficial to anyone involved.

"...Alright....good, good...." The man finally said, breathing out. He glanced out of the corner of his eye, watching as Anthony jumped onto the roof.

"...Looks like snow jacket's up here too..." The man muttered.
"I'm over it." Michael said with a sigh

Time passed swiftly as darkness overtook Tokita District, making the area abnormally... tranquil, and quiet.

Or, well, it would've been quiet. The footsteps of a group of people approached the small building that the group occupied, containing around two dozen people. Not all of them were armed, so, their only intention didn't just seem to be violence, but, they clearly had no qualms with resorting to violence if it came to it... A man in a large black coat stood at the forefront of the gang of marauders, a palpable aura of Ether emitting from him that wasn't being released from anyone else... A Soul Edge user.

"Oh me oh my..." Mujin murmured as he saw the gang approach.

Michael automatically faded into the shadows to be out of sight if they came up top, while Alarak immediately was making her way down, standing in the lobby like a black-armored statue of destruction with a smile on her face

"Come on Mujin, get those guys to piss off..." Michael thought

Time passed swiftly as darkness overtook Tokita District, making the area abnormally... tranquil, and quiet.

Or, well, it would've been quiet. The footsteps of a group of people approached the small building that the group occupied, containing around two dozen people. Not all of them were armed, so, their only intention didn't just seem to be violence, but, they clearly had no qualms with resorting to violence if it came to it... A man in a large black coat stood at the forefront of the gang of marauders, a palpable aura of Ether emitting from him that wasn't being released from anyone else... A Soul Edge user.

"Oh me oh my..." Mujin murmured as he saw the gang approach.

Cato was still chilling floating with his trapdoor, when he sees the the gang of marauders. Instantly, somehow, he appeared right behind Mujin.
"I think.... these are the enemies, no?"

"Enemies? Well... We'll see if they are enemies." Mujin said with a smile.

The man in the coat ordered his group to stay back, hands in his coat pockets with a nonchalant gleam in his eye. A sly grin was plastered across his face. "Now now... No need for alarm. I'm merely here for conversation. Bartering, if you will."

Mimic stayed on the roof, having remained on its edge the entire night. He hadn't slept...though anymore who had seen the man could tell he was no stranger to long nights without rest, the bags underneath his eyes as heavy as ever. He rested a hand on the edge, his eyes narrowing as he glared down at the strange figure.

"Conversation my ass...bet they're here for a shakedown..." Mimic thought. He let out a quiet breath, his gaze already leaving the man as he looked for potential avenues for escape.

"Enemies? Well... We'll see if they are enemies." Mujin said with a smile.
Caro shrugged as he places his phone on his pocket.
The man in the coat ordered his group to stay back, hands in his coat pockets with a nonchalant gleam in his eye. A sly grin was plastered across his face. "Now now... No need for alarm. I'm merely here for conversation. Bartering, if you will."
"Sounds convincing...." he muttered.

"For a group of fools that is..." he thought.

Anthony glanced down on the marauder gang, sitting on the edge of the "hotel" roof.

"Could've used the sleep..." Antony muttered under his breath as he assessed the situation.

Back