• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

"Soon from this we will come out ahead, and the heroes shall join their hallowed dead!" A rhyme filled the air, the feminine voice seemed to echo across the air, before they walked out of the shadows, the hat, the ascot, the dull greenish silver lining on her far faded green suit, standing at 6'5 and broad like a man and lithe, she could only ever be Michael, the first to arrive outside of Mujin

A man walked along the cobbled roads, the dark doing little to hide his all-white expedition suit as his mountain climbing boots clattered on impact, his face hidden by a ski-mask. The air around him seemed still, not the least due to the cold around him which put a touch of frost on the darkened walls. He approached the door, knocking on it gently enough so that it was hearable, but not strongly enough that it attracted unwanted attention.

Another individual appeared from within the shadows. He was... simple, to say the least, an air of mysteries surrounding him. Wearing a jacket, simple white shirt and black pajamas, there aren't that much of any redeeming qualities the man has aside from his obscurity.

Before stepping in, the man the had a squint of his pendant watch, unveiling the hands of the clock to check one's personal time. Immediately after, he slowly gaze towards the masked man and the green suited lady, with their supposed clothing intriguing his interests.

Merlo entered the room, clearly nervous, holding herself as if she was cold. She wore a black dress with long sleeves, her dark hair hanging down onto her back...she was rather young, barely a teenager and her mind was clearly racing seeing these different people...she tried to stay in the area with the largest shadow.

A young man slowly made his way through the city, his worn, dirty sneakers making light, inaudible taps on the ground with each step. He stumbled slightly on the uneven road, his foot landing with a splash within a nearby puddle.

“*******…” He muttered to himself, his grey eyes barely peeking out of his yellow hood as he stared down at his now-soaked leg. He breathed a frustrated sigh, shaking his head, locks of green hair briefly revealing themselves from within his hoodie.

“…Remember the money…just…remember the money…” The man grumbled to himself. He cast a wary glance around the city, deep bags decorating the underside of his eyes as they scanned the surroundings.

“…better be worth dragging me so far in the damn city…don’t like being in public like this…” He muttered to himself. He continued to scan the environment for a few, long minutes, thoroughly appraising it for any signs of foul play. Normally, he would use his power to perform a more comprehensive search, but he couldn’t risk the chance of another person seeing his ability.

“…Can’t imagine what other weirdos they’d hire for this…” The young man murmured. He grimaced, flashing his sharp, fang-like teeth to the evening air. He moved a hand into his pocket, the dirty handle of a knife brushing against his fingers. It would, hopefully, be enough to discourage any…disagreements, though it was more for show than anything else.

After a few, long moments, he neared the designated meeting place. Seeing that people had already arrived, he silently ducked behind a nearby corner, his back pressed against the wall. With practiced ease, he silenced his breathing, listening intently to the new arrivals as they gathered.

"A job this far in the city huh, it should be amusing at least..." a woman thought, her snow-white hair clashing with her black armor, red gems appearing at both gauntlet-mounted blades and once on each her faulds, with a red cloak covering much of her similarly armored legs, she was tall to boot, around 6'6, her movements were long, fearless, confident, she hardly made herself more discreet then necessary, and as she rounded the corner she automatically saw Mimic, her red, scathing eyes dragging across him, as if sizing him up.

"How much will I have to tolerate weakness here?" The woman thought to herself, but decided he was a good start to start figuring out how she could make this work, and so approached him directly, her movements weren't threatening, but they definitely weren't friendly either

Mujin glanced at the new arrivals from the shadows, a grin plastering itself across his pale face. "Hehe... Hahaha... Engen, you crazy bastard... What a gang you've gathered... Hehehehe.... Haha..." He whispered to himself as he emerged from the darkness, unable to contain his stark laughter.

"Such harrowing laughter! A prelude to the likely slaughter!" Michael exclaimed, her red eyes practically lighting up, she glanced at each arrival, frowning automatically upon seeing Merlo "The battlefield is no place for children..." She thought to herself, but carried on, before moving to stand in front of Mujin as if studying him

"A job this far in the city huh, it should be amusing at least..." a woman thought, her snow-white hair clashing with her black armor, red gems appearing at both gauntlet-mounted blades and once on each her faulds, with a red cloak covering much of her similarly armored legs, she was tall to boot, around 6'6, her movements were long, fearless, confident, she hardly made herself more discreet then necessary, and as she rounded the corner she automatically saw Mimic, her red, scathing eyes dragging across him, as if sizing him up.

"How much will I have to tolerate weakness here?" The woman thought to herself, but decided he was a good start to start figuring out how she could make this work, and so approached him directly, her movements weren't threatening, but they definitely weren't friendly either
Mimic's eyes narrowed as he saw the woman approach, his hand lowering to brush against his pocket, brushing his clothing away just enough to reveal the hilt of his knife. Despite the chill of the evening rain, a bead of sweat began to form on the tip of his brow, the man shifting uncomfortably as he saw the woman approach.

"...Need something from me?" He asked quietly. He kept his eyes on her, yet he intently listened to the world around him, in case this strange woman didn't come alone.

"Such harrowing laughter! A prelude to the likely slaughter!" Michael exclaimed, her red eyes practically lighting up, she glanced at each arrival, frowning automatically upon seeing Merlo "The battlefield is no place for children..." She thought to herself, but carried on, before moving to stand in front of Mujin as if studying him
Mujin covered his mouth, a grin hidden beneath the flesh which was coated in a red glove.

"Oh... don't laugh, Mujin... Engen might get annoyed if we dawdle to long..." He muttered to himself, glancing around. His eyes came to Michael, saying nothing to the large woman.

Mimic's eyes narrowed as he saw the woman approach, his hand lowering to brush against his pocket, brushing his clothing away just enough to reveal the hilt of his knife. Despite the chill of the evening rain, a bead of sweat began to form on the tip of his brow, the man shifting uncomfortably as he saw the woman approach.

"...Need something from me?" He asked quietly. He kept his eyes on her, yet he intently listened to the world around him, in case this strange woman didn't come alone.
The woman approached without fear or caution, stopping just 5 feet away from Mimic "What makes you useful, I must ask?" She said, her tone said she already thought he was weak, and her smirk almost hidden behind her armor was could be just a little unnerving

Mujin covered his mouth, a grin hidden beneath the flesh which was coated in a red glove.

"Oh... don't laugh, Mujin... Engen might get annoyed if we dawdle to long..." He muttered to himself, glancing around. His eyes came to Michael, saying nothing to the large woman.
"What's your name?" Michael asked, blinking once

The woman approached without fear or caution, stopping just 5 feet away from Mimic "What makes you useful, I must ask?" She said, her tone said she already thought he was weak, and her smirk almost hidden behind her armor was could be just a little unnerving
"...Useful?" He muttered. He glared at the woman for a moment, a look of annoyance crossing his face.

"...**** off. I didn't come here for an interrogation." He said flatly. He took a careful step back, his eyes wearily scanning the woman for any signs of hostility.

"...Useful?" He muttered. He glared at the woman for a moment, a look of annoyance crossing his face.

"...**** off. I didn't come here for an interrogation." He said flatly. He took a careful step back, his eyes wearily scanning the woman for any signs of hostility.
"I wasn't interrogating you, I'm simply trying to find a reason to not cast you aside as dead weight. No point in saying that I'll allow uselessness to persist in any group I'm in. Don't mistake me for a wolf who hides in sheep wool." The woman said, taking a step forward so she was exactly as far away as she was before, her eyes were boring into Mimic's

The man— Cato— watched as they converse with one another. The tall woman, and the other conspicuous men, laughing and the amount of pride that they possess— all of them, seem to make his curiosity all the more piqued.

"Hmmm..."
As he was looking at his pendant, he slowly begins evaluating himself and the surroundings, with the clock moving slowly and slowly as his perception begins to dwindle down bit by bit.

"Not much of qualitative importance aside from the obvious dominant aura that man possesses... Charisma perhaps? I don't know yet... Variables here are little to none, and assumptions can get in the way of first impressions. The mere notion of these 'introductions' does pave way to a healthier relationship.... or lack thereof." he thought to himself, glancing slowly to other newly arrived people— Mimic, the dominant woman, and the grinning man— Mujin.

"I wasn't interrogating you, I'm simply trying to find a reason to not cast you aside as dead weight. No point in saying that I'll allow uselessness to persist in any group I'm in. Don't mistake me for a wolf who hides in sheep wool." The woman said, taking a step forward so she was exactly as far away as she was before, her eyes were boring into Mimic's
The man’s grimace turned into sneer, his hands gingerly wrapping around the hilt of his dagger. He avoided eye contact with her, fidgeting with increasing discomfort as he took another step back.

“Last time I checked, you aren’t the one who hired me.” The man said flatly.

“So why don’t you…run along, and let the boss decide who’s ‘dead weight’” he hissed

Last edited:
The man’s grimace turned into sneer, his hands gingerly wrapping around the hilt of his dagger. He avoided eye contact with her, fidgeting with increasing discomfort as he took another step back.

“Last time I checked, you aren’t who hired me.” The man said flatly.

“So why don’t you…run along, and let the boss decide who’s ‘dead weight’” he hissed
Alarak smiled "you have fire, that's good... I am Alarak, and i will be watching your progress with great interest."

Tooha enters through the door silently and cautiously. This area of the city is not one she would normally be involved with, so she'd rather keep as low of a profile as possible.

Thinking as such, her power is currently active. If one were to look at her they would just see a vague silhouette of colors shaped like a human body, but as far as any bodily outlines or prominent features go, they were all obscured by her soul edge.

"So... I take it we've all been gathered here with similar goals in mind, yes?" Tooha says with a bland tone, trying to get down to business.

Alarak smiled "you have fire, that's good... I am Alarak, and i will be watching your progress with great interest."
The man froze for a moment, caught off guard by her response. His hand remained on his dagger, before slowly moving to his side.

“…Mimic.” He replied flatly. He quickly stepped away from the woman, continuing to watch her from the corner of his eye. He made a mental note of the loose objects scattered across the street, in case the woman was attempting to lower his guard.

Alarak simply walked past him, standing front and center, not even bothered by mostly putting her back to Mimic
"...My name? Yes, yes, my name... We should all be sharing names, yes? Including those who have yet to make themselves known." Mujin said, a sly grin still painted on his flesh.
"That is true..." Michael said, suddenly moving back extremely quickly, standing next to Mimic and turning to him "And... Mimic I believe? Michael. Pleased to meet you!" Michael said, it seemed genuine, and her eyes revealed cautious friendliness to Mimic, putting her hand out to shake

"That is true..." Michael said, suddenly moving back extremely quickly, standing next to Mimic and turning to him "And... Mimic I believe? Michael. Pleased to meet you!" Michael said, it seemed genuine, and her eyes revealed cautious friendliness to Mimic, putting her hand out to shake
“…Eh?” Mimic said. He watched Alarak for a few more moments, before turning his attention towards Micheal. He glanced down at her hand, but declined to shake it, his tired eyes narrowing visibly.

“…Here for the job?” The man asked dryly. His posture was noticeably guarded, and he shifted slightly to create more distance between himself and the woman.

“…Eh?” Mimic said. He watched Alarak for a few more moments, before turning his attention towards Micheal. He glanced down at her hand, but declined to shake it, his tired eyes narrowing visibly.

“…Here for the job?” The man asked dryly. His posture was visibly guarded, and he shifted slightly to create more distance between himself and the woman.
"Of course." Michael said, taking her hand back and keeping the distance between the two, straightening her back and breathing out "You look tired, you sure you didn't spend too much Ether getting here or something?" Michael asked, trying to make small talk and holding back a couple rhymes in the process

Given that everyone was preoccupied at some way, Cato begins peering in and observes each member of the group one after the other, casually listening to their conversation without drawing much attention to himself.
"...My name? Yes, yes, my name... We should all be sharing names, yes? Including those who have yet to make themselves known." Mujin said, a sly grin still painted on his flesh.
The man makes a pointing gesture with his left hand and points it at his forehead; his thumb placed under his chin; and his right arm crossed to support the left elbow as he thinks.

Making oneself known is not a thing he does often, but only of necessity. He'd only needed to wait, as taking the first would make him be questioned first on why he joined— something he doesn't want everyone else to know.

Collins continued to wait outside, peaking through the doorway once to take a look at the gathered villains. He wanted to wait until the meeting had begun to enter inside.

Zack had arrived somewhat agitated, he had been busy doing his "Out of the ordinary for a villain" thing, and mostly because he didn't want to cause an uproar among his artist fans as well, it took time for him to be able to escape from the people that the mere fact of knowing that this meeting was really something real and not an attempt to trap him, either by fans or by others interested in his power.

He sighed for several gulps of air and then entered the building.

(My mind is going crazy rn, since the only character I've seen you RP as is Siglos, so I'm like "OH CRAP, MIDAS GOT THAT DOG IN HIM")

Kiara stayed closer and closer to the wall the more people spoke...if any one of them were to snap, it would be a danger to them all...

"Enough dawdling." A voice boomed throughout the room, causing the ground beneath to rumble violently, "I brought you here for work. Not for conversation."

"Oh...! Engen's upset..." Mujin thought to himself, chuckling.

"Of course." Michael said, taking her hand back and keeping the distance between the two, straightening her back and breathing out "You look tired, you sure you didn't spend too much Ether getting here or something?" Michael asked, trying to make small talk and holding back a couple rhymes in the process
"...." Mimic regarded the woman for a few, long moments, studying her closely. He wasn't sure what her goal was, but she didn't seem like an immediate threat.

"...Late night work. I'll be fine for the mission." Mimic said dryly.

"Enough dawdling." A voice boomed throughout the room, causing the ground beneath to rumble violently, "I brought you here for work. Not for conversation."

"Oh...! Engen's upset..." Mujin thought to himself, chuckling.
Mimic flinched, quickly taking a few steps back. His heart skipped a beat, and the man instinctively pressed himself onto a nearby wall.

"...The hell...?" Mimic murmured. He quickly scanned the nearby environment, both for the figure who spoke, and for possible escape routes.

"...Oh! Right! Allow me to introduce myself, and your boss..." Mujin said, as Engen slowly emerged from the darkness... A man emerged from the darkness, hands in his pocket, a large gash running across his face.

"You may call me Mujin. This is your- Our employer. His name is Engen." Mujin said with a smile as he introduced his boss.

"....." Engen was silent, his dull eyes scanning the room.

"...Oh! Right! Allow me to introduce myself, and your boss..." Mujin said, as Engen slowly emerged from the darkness... A man emerged from the darkness, hands in his pocket, a large gash running across his face.

"You may call me Mujin. This is your- Our employer. His name is Engen." Mujin said with a smile as he introduced his boss.

"....." Engen was silent, his dull eyes scanning the room.
"...So, what's the work you have for us?"

Engen walked forward, tilting his head. "First off... Let's talk reward. People like you need incentive before going into any dangerous work."

"Of course..." Michael mu
"...." Mimic regarded the woman for a few, long moments, studying her closely. He wasn't sure what her goal was, but she didn't seem like an immediate threat.

"...Late night work. I'll be fine for the mission." Mimic said dryly.

Mimic flinched, quickly taking a few steps back. His heart skipped a beat, and the man instinctively pressed himself onto a nearby wall.

"...The hell...?" Mimic murmured. He quickly scanned the nearby environment, both for the figure who spoke, and for possible escape routes.
Michael simply shrugged in response, turning to face Engen, completely silent as Alarak stood still, only her head turning to face Engen

Mimic remained pressed against the wall, his eyes lingering on the large scar decorating the man's face. He could already tell that his knife would be useless, as an intimidation tactic or as a means of defense. He said nothing for a moment, before glancing back at the strange man.

"...You'll make it worth our while, yeah? I don't risk my life for cheap..." Mimic said.

"...Very worth your while. Whether it be money, or any other luxury, name it, and I'll provide. Given, you succeed." Engen said, glancing at mimic, the man's dull gaze scanning the young man's form before turning away.

Back