• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War Yggdrasil Low 1-C Justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using other verses for the reason isn't particular a good method; however, I agree the Tier 1 justification for the God of War profiles is super iffy.
I'm not using the other verse. I pointed to the thread where I was made aware of a standard change that affects this one.

I don't know if transending inumerable possibilities would qualify as low-1c.

But at the moment i agree with removing the time and space justification.

It's not that transcending space time doesn't always result in low 1-C, it just needs very appropriate context.

Q: What tier is transcending space and time?
A: As said above, "transcending space and time" is a very vague statement by itself and can mean multiple things depending on the context in which it is made, as well as how this characteristic is portrayed in the first place. It is perfectly possible for such a statement to mean that a character is simply "untied" from the universe's spacetime, and is thus unaffected by alterations in the timeline and similar meddlings. Likewise, it's not exactly uncommon for time travel (Or any action / process that affects something through different points in time) to be described as "transcending time and space.

However, if it is specified that they "transcend space and time" in the sense that they exist on some higher level of reality that is outright superior to a spacetime continuum in nature, then they should be put at Low 1-C, assuming the continuum in question is one comprised of four dimensions. The answer may vary depending on this factor.
From the tiering system faq.

So this discussion should proceed while taking this into account

Is there any evidence in the context given that Yggdrasil transcends space and time in the sense that it operates on a higher level of existence? If not then I think it should be downgraded

As Darksmash pointed out above, "transcending space and time" can be Low 1-C if there is good enough context to support it being meant in the sense of occupying a higher level of existence. On the other hand, I have seen at least one verse use it in relation to a character's ability to time travel, and another verse once used "transcending time" to simply describe a character's resistance to time-based powers.

If Yggdrasil has evidence to support its "transcendence" actually being in the sense of superiority, then Low 1-C works, but if it doesn't, then yeah, go ahead and downgrade it. That requires someone who is knowledgeable on God of War to weigh in, though, and it seems that we have no active members who can be considered experts on the verse, so... -shrugs-

As Darksmash pointed out above, "transcending space and time" can be Low 1-C if there is good enough context to support it being meant in the sense of occupying a higher level of existence. On the other hand, I have seen at least one verse use it in relation to a character's ability to time travel, and another verse once used "transcending time" to simply describe a character's resistance to time-based powers.

If Yggdrasil has evidence to support its "transcendence" actually being in the sense of superiority, then Low 1-C works, but if it doesn't, then yeah, go ahead and downgrade it. That requires someone who is knowledgeable on God of War to weigh in, though, and it seems that we have no active members who can be considered experts on the verse, so... -shrugs-

GilverTheProtoAngelo is a very knowledgeable memeber of the verse but I don't know why he still didn't give any input here

I share similar opinions.
@GilverTheProtoAngelo what are your thoughts on this?
I do the ping, to help, since only staff can do it; @GilverTheProtoAngelo

Guys I am only knowledgeable on Greek GoW but not Norse.
So I am unable to defend to this rating.
If the majority including Moderators feel that rating isn't justified....I have no objections to downgrade.

If one day I find any information for Low1C, I might try an upgrade. But for now...go ahead.

Also pls tag @Theglassman12 once, just for formality's sake.

The timelines thing come from the card game (which is canon), the description on the back of the box states the well of fate reveals "endless future possibilities".

Also question, what evidence is needed to support higher existence? Just a statement? If so, Athena is explicitly stated to have reached a higher existence several times for example.

TBH i might try giving some feat/statements regarding low-1C yggdrasil so we can discuss it in here regardless it accepted or not. But there are problems.

1. i am still busy in IRL.
2. i am waiting GoW Ragnarok first for additional feats or statements.

So would somebody here be willing to adjust the statistics of the page in a proper manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back